Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 AM

Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! (31157 Views)

Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? / What Literature Books Did You Read In School? / Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by bjbjbj: 7:30am On Sep 06, 2019
As a daily stocks trader my favorite are

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by IghravweIG(m): 7:30am On Sep 06, 2019
Currently reading 'Awaken the Giant Within' by Antony Robbins.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Osobi32(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2019
The holy bible
Rich dad
The 48 laws of power
Gifted hands.

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by TemmyWon(f): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:

Wow Great!!!!

I wish to know if that book on the second list, is the same as the Bible or just the title?

Thanks.
The one in the Bible. I've lived on the principles and events in those books
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by EvieP(f): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2019
I will try and read this one. I dont find it interesting
Dipsywils:
Purpose driven-life by Rick Warren
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Kokoebapluse(m): 7:31am On Sep 06, 2019
Quran

5 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 06, 2019
Change your thinking, change your life. by Brian Tracy. Still reading though

4 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by sauceEEP(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2019
Concubine by Elechi Amadi lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by sodieklucas(m): 7:32am On Sep 06, 2019
No one mention[b] YOU CAN WIN[/b] by Shiv khera
The book is really fantastic

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by KayCee92(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2019
In no particular order..... Personal MBA, mafia Manager, Small business, big money, rich dad poor dad etc

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by shollyshine(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2019
An enemy called Average by- John mason

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Preshob(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2019
Please a well meaning reader and lover of books here should send me some Inspirational and motivational books(PDF) via my email preciouscyno6063@gmail.com

God bless

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 06, 2019
I went through all the comments and I'm surprised no one mentioned this short but full of wisdom book.

Who Moved My Cheese?

Book by Spencer Johnson

11 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Ochek: 7:34am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:

Waoh!!! Nice one.

I'll check it out.

Does it come in hardcopy or PDF format?

Yes it does have a PDF copy. I have one.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Enyimbamercedes: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2019
Kama sutra
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by peacettw: 7:35am On Sep 06, 2019
Virtually all Sidney Sheldon books but most especially Master of the Game. He taught me that women can be strong and be in complete charge of their lives. I have him to thank for that.

3 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Sunnycliff(m): 7:35am On Sep 06, 2019
OkCornel:
1. How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

2. Why you act the way you do - Tim LaHaye

3. 48 Laws of Power - Robert Greene

4. How Europe Underdeveloped Africa - Walter Rodney.

You must have a flair for leadership because these books you read up there are great

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by keeper1: 7:37am On Sep 06, 2019
The greatest man who ever lived by Steven K Scott. 48 laws of power, Robert Greene. Richest man in Babylon. Art of war. The manipulated man. Think and grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. 33 strategies of war by Robert Greene. The Art of listening. etc. sha

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by wickedtuna: 7:38am On Sep 06, 2019
Secret teachings of all ages by Manly Hall, The Kybalion.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Udeme288(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2019
really enjoyed Robert Greene's 48 laws of power....
can someone please share the pdf versions of rich Dad poor Dad and Richard Templar's rules of love
... udeme288@gmail.com
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by judedwriter(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2019
MKULTRA:
Mein kampf 1925 by Adolf Hitler

This guy was right after all,
All what he did was for the deep love he had for his country cry

But as they say "history is written by the victors"

Hitler was so ambitious and so full of vision that even in prison he wrote his ideas down in a book. unfortunately,he channelled his strengths in an evil way that shocked many.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Mobi47(m): 7:38am On Sep 06, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
dey many sha

in no particular order:

The holy bible
Seven books of moses
The iliad
48 Laws of power
all of Shakespeare
all of Dan Brown
So many books of magic
The art of war...
you read seven books of moses...I head any one who reads that book will run mad...did you do anything before reading the book? I downloaded it months back but was really scared of reading it and deleted it, cos I actually have witnessed a friend ran mad and the people that lives with him said he read the seven books of moses.

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Igbalaoluwa: 7:40am On Sep 06, 2019
The mark of the lion- Francine Rivers

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Goodlyhrt(m): 7:40am On Sep 06, 2019
Mobi47:
you read seven books of moses...I head any one who reads that book will run mad...did you do anything before reading the book? I downloaded it months back but was really scared of reading it and deleted it, cos I actually have witnessed a friend ran mad and the people that lives with him said he read the seven books of moses.
bollocks

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Balenciagabrain: 7:41am On Sep 06, 2019
Knowing God intimately by Joyce Meyer
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by daneni1(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:

Waoh!!! Nice one.

I'll check it out.

Does it come in hardcopy or PDF format?

To download books, go to google playstore and download this app ''anybook'', trust me, there is no book you can't download and read from that app. Last month alone, I read more than 4 books. Books such as undisputed truth, how to make love like a pron star, His needs her needs, Always ask why, etc.

See a screenshot below

4 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Mekanus(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2019
Mobi47:
Story
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by jimts(m): 7:41am On Sep 06, 2019
A lot of people claiming religious scriptures as the books that shaped their life, yet Nigeria is still what it is!
Well, that aside, the few books that taught me(as an entrepreneur) how to get the best out of people is "start with why" by Simon Sinek. For business, "crossing the chasm" Georffery Moore, "law of diffusion of innovation" and "attitude is everything"

I've read most of the popular books too

God Bless you all and your businesses!!
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by RALPHOW(m): 7:42am On Sep 06, 2019
WINNING INVISIBLE BATTLES
By Bishop David Oyedepo

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by pimper24: 7:43am On Sep 06, 2019
cutegentility:
In the time past, I don't believe in reading, especially books relating principles and morals.

But now, I see that the more you read the more you will be able to see!!!

Those men have experienced what life really is: they understand underlying principles that cause success, good habit etc.

And the fact remains that we cannot live to experience all but rather to learn from their mistakes, challenges as well as their experiences because they have all been there.

I come across this book by Brian Tracy - The Power of Self Discipline

and also:

The Rule of love by Richard Templar.

To say the least: "The reading of these books help shaped my life.".

I will also like to read Richdad and poordad someday.

Please feel free to add yours.

Let someone learn
John Mason's Know Your Limit Ignore It.
It's a book that made much impact on me.

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by powerhouse3(m): 7:44am On Sep 06, 2019
I choose, MIND IS THE MASTER, by James Allen... It's teaches contentment...

One of his quote:: :there's
no arbitrary power in the universe, and the greatest chained of fate which men are bound are self forged

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Mobi47(m): 7:45am On Sep 06, 2019
Goodlyhrt:
bollocks
are u sure? I don't want to run mad o cos I really want to know what's in that book.... very curious

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books / Horror In Two Sentences..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.