Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:41 AM

Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! (31166 Views)

Which Books Can I Read that Will Positively Influence My Life? / What Literature Books Did You Read In School? / Mention One Book You'll Read Over And Over Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by CaveAdullam: 9:47pm On Sep 07, 2019
cutegentility:
Out of those recommendation.

I read who moved my cheese.

Change is constant and also adapt to changes rapidly by leaving your comfort zone.
same here with me. That little book is an eye opener and challenger.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Exodora: 10:11pm On Sep 07, 2019
MKULTRA:
Mein kampf 1925 by Adolf Hitler

This guy was some how right after all,
All what he did was for the deep love he had for his country and due to the harsh punishment imposed on his country after ww1 lost(which he even fought in)cry

But as they say "history is written by the victors"

I know of one person that loves this book so much and everything about this man while we were in school@ UNN could it be you.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:15pm On Sep 07, 2019
CaveAdullam:
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:16pm On Sep 07, 2019
CaveAdullam:

In fact it is.

I will try to check some other ones

Such as:

The richest man in Babylon

Richdad

48 laws of power
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by CaveAdullam: 10:17pm On Sep 07, 2019
cutegentility:

In fact it is.

I will try to check some other ones

Such as:

The greatest man in Babylon

Richdad

48 laws of power
same with me except for 48 laws of power.
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by cutegentility(m): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2019
CaveAdullam:
same with me except for 48 laws of power.

OK let's see how it goes
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Darkpal: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2019
JohnnyBling:
Please who has The Game by Neil Strauss. Kindly share
johnebikeme@gmail.com
search for it on pdfdrive
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by idalex: 11:29pm On Sep 07, 2019
boom99:
TIMELY DISCOVERY FOR STRIKING ACCOMPLISHMENT..... BISHOP OYEDEPO(AUDIO).I listened to that tape more than 30tymz. I no be their member sha.

I'll like to have those tape pls
zbaba7690 (at) gmail dot com
thanks
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by calmnquiet(m): 9:46am On Sep 09, 2019
Please anyone has " A simple plan by Scott Smith " pls indicate
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Duplik8t77(m): 12:00pm On Sep 09, 2019
tolugar:
Yellow kid.

“Everyone but you is the enemy “

Thought me everything about crime, scam and survival
how do i download this book, sir
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Retrography(m): 12:26am On Sep 10, 2019
The story of Nigeria by Michael Crowther.
Where i got to know that contrary to the nairaland syndrome, Afonja was a great warrior. King Jaja of Opobo was actually a slave who was ruthless.

Getting a grip on leadership by Robyn Pearce and Lavonn Steiner.

Emotional intelligence by Dr. Rob Yeung.
Gives an insight about how the world sees you versus how you see yourself. E.g., Gullible versus Trustworthy.

How to sell yourself by Arch Lustberg.

The Road Less Travelled (Scott or something as the author.* This particular book counters Atheist with facts*

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by JohnnyBling(m): 9:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
Darkpal:
search for it on pdfdrive

I can't thank you enough

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Reucy(f): 10:53pm On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=JhyMedex post=82006416]

Fyodor Dostoyevsky..

Great read..Still on it though..I find the Rodya quite funny..[quote
Right on point. So weird, I would say .
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by JhyMedex: 11:16pm On Sep 10, 2019
[quote author=Reucy post=82113714][/quote] Weird..that's the right word..
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by sukabakawate: 8:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
Man's Search for Meaning - Viktor Frankl

This helped me realise that life always has meaning or purpose no matter the situation, the meaning of life always changes but never ceases to exist. It's a good read for anyone going through some difficulty of simply looking to find fulfillment.

There was a Country - Chinua Achebe

It's basically an account of the Nigerian Civil war from the perspective of someone who lived in Biafra through the war. It's a good read for anyone trying to understand the deep divisions in Nigeria today.

Others are:

48 laws of power - Robert Greene

My fav law is that reputation is the cornerstone of power and we should guard it with our life.

Why you act the way you do - Tim Lahaye
The power of habit - Charles Duhigg

It would help if you can just maybe in a paragraph tell us about how the book has helped you.

1 Like

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Nobody: 10:11am On Sep 13, 2019
Preshob:
Please a well meaning reader and lover of books here should send me some Inspirational and motivational books(PDF) via my email preciouscyno6063@gmail.com

God bless
Did u get any bro?
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by nappy760(m): 7:18am On Sep 15, 2019
Good morning guy,

So yesterday I attended an occasion.It was a old students gathering for their 1971 set members. Most of them are in their late 60's and early 70's. They were all gisting and laughing about their childhood experiences and the discussion sort of lead to "The sixth and seven books of Moses".
Amongst them was a King (Baale) of one of the town's down here in the west who spoke of his childhood experience using the book.
One day he and two others were sent on an errand with let's say the sum of 20naira(I act remember the actually amount cos he called it in shillings�). Amongst the 3 of them was a younger child so they decided to lap him so making 2 persons to sit in the car. Before they boarded they told the driver the amount they were gonna pay(let's day 10naira) and he agreed only for them to get to their destination and the driver started denying and was bent on collected the full sun from them.
He handed the full sum to the driver with vengeance in his mind because the driver had lied and cursed the driver saying(the place he had dropped them he will never live to pass that place anymore).
He(the child now Baale) , got home took the book(sixth and seventh books of Moses)and did what the needful.
After he finished, not long, they heard the driver and all the passengers in the vehicle had perished.

The reason I (nappy) decided to share this is that it was actually my first time of hearing a first hand experience from someone who use the book.The funny thing is just less than a week ago I stumbled on the Book online and downloaded it out of curiosity.Browsed through the sixth book and saw that it is mainly for conjuring/casting spells.....
Well, � I can say I am curious but not that curious to want to try anything out but for all ye doubting Thomases; I want you to know there is power
Power in the word
Power in the word of God.

Happy Sunday ��

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by danielsempire2: 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2019
JhyMedex:

Chief Please help me with a Softcopy of "THE MAFIA MANAGER"..
pfm4real@gmail.com
Thanks
pls send me the mafia manager softcopy on...danielsempire2@gmail.com
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by danielsempire2: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2019
Britzdon:
Think and grow rich by Nap. Hills

The power of habit by Jim Berry

Acres of diamonds by Russel H. Conwell

The mafia manager by V (guide to the Cooperate Machiavelli)

The law of success by Nap. Hills

Rich dad Poor dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
Pls send me the mafia manger softcopy....danielsempire2@gmail.com
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by McTobe(m): 8:48pm On Sep 18, 2019
In The Light of Truth (The Grail Message) by Abd Ru Shin
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by McTobe(m): 8:49pm On Sep 18, 2019
7th Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by CaveAdullam: 9:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
McTobe:
In The Light of Truth (The Grail Message) by Abd Ru Shin
I have this book but have not find a good chance to read it. Is the book very interesting?
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by JhyMedex: 11:24pm On Sep 18, 2019
danielsempire2:
pls send me the mafia manager softcopy on...danielsempire2@gmail.com
I didn't get it from the other guy..
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by McTobe(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2019
It is a book that you have to examine and not just read, that is you objectively look at what it is saying with what you already know about those things, I am sure that you will find the book very faithful helper at this time of confusions
CaveAdullam:
I have this book but have not find a good chance to read it. Is the book very interesting?
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by danielsempire2: 12:12pm On Sep 19, 2019
JhyMedex:

I didn't get it from the other guy..
ok thanks
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Britzdon(m): 12:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
danielsempire2:

Pls send me the mafia manger softcopy....danielsempire2@gmail.com

Not sure it’s possible to send iBooks. If yes pls guide me
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Britzdon(m): 12:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
JhyMedex:

Chief Please help me with a Softcopy of "THE MAFIA MANAGER"..
pfm4real@gmail.com
Thanks

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by JhyMedex: 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2019
Britzdon:

That's Aight..Dont either..
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Lobolintin(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2019
Loyal4chat@gmail.com

Pls I need mafia Manager
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by Deleman234: 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
nappy760:
Good morning guy,

So yesterday I attended an occasion.It was a old students gathering for their 1971 set members. Most of them are in their late 60's and early 70's. They were all gisting and laughing about their childhood experiences and the discussion sort of lead to "The sixth and seven books of Moses".
Amongst them was a King (Baale) of one of the town's down here in the west who spoke of his childhood experience using the book.
One day he and two others were sent on an errand with let's say the sum of 20naira(I act remember the actually amount cos he called it in shillings�). Amongst the 3 of them was a younger child so they decided to lap him so making 2 persons to sit in the car. Before they boarded they told the driver the amount they were gonna pay(let's day 10naira) and he agreed only for them to get to their destination and the driver started denying and was bent on collected the full sun from them.
He handed the full sum to the driver with vengeance in his mind because the driver had lied and cursed the driver saying(the place he had dropped them he will never live to pass that place anymore).
He(the child now Baale) , got home took the book(sixth and seventh books of Moses)and did what the needful.
After he finished, not long, they heard the driver and all the passengers in the vehicle had perished.

The reason I (nappy) decided to share this is that it was actually my first time of hearing a first hand experience from someone who use the book.The funny thing is just less than a week ago I stumbled on the Book online and downloaded it out of curiosity.Browsed through the sixth book and saw that it is mainly for conjuring/casting spells.....
Well, � I can say I am curious but not that curious to want to try anything out but for all ye doubting Thomases; I want you to know there is power
Power in the word
Power in the word of God.

Happy Sunday ��
Well everything is not about casting spells if you reach page 81 of that book you will see the importance of all the chapters in the Book of Psalm and how to use them for prosperity, wealth,goodluck,cast evil spirit e.t c but l have not tried it though

2 Likes

Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by joseph1832(m): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2019
Eric Van Lustbader. The Kaisho
Re: Mention Book(s) You Read That Shape Your Life!!! by calliope(f): 2:40am On Oct 04, 2019
tropaz:
I'm not much of a reader.
But my life didn't remain the same after reading
1, Born a crime
2, Why you act the way you do
3, Ecclesiastics (the whole chapter)

The book of Ecclesiastics is an omnibus of what life represent; its deep reflections and contemplative stops reveals in a depressive sense of thought, the unfairness of life. embarassed One Bible chapter that completely changed my outlook about life in general. Highly recommended.

Everything is f*cked. A Book About Hope by Mark Manson is a good one.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

New Story: 'anini Reloaded' By Ayis Eliboy / Most Popular Nigerian Authors On Amazon Books / Horror In Two Sentences..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.