Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,676 members, 7,813,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... (102524 Views)

Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Ferrous(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
Some men talks before they think; how can u say such to ur wife u claimed u love? That implies that, u didn't love her in the first place; there are things in life, once lost, can never be regained. As long as she lives, she'll continue to harbour such feeling. We're human beings with unrestricted emotional feelings. I wish you well anyway, because, it's not easy to marry and stay in marriage.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
Decryptor:

You never said it any better!

The poster is a "sissy" who does not want to man up! His wife has seen that he has placed her on a pedestal and is using it to her advantage!

If I were him, I'd simply ignore her and act like she does not exist and she will be the one to start bringing up convos which I will still act indifferent to until she ends up begging me for attention! The worst you can do to a woman living under the same roof with you is not to hit her or even deny her sex or not eat what she has cooked...it is NOT GIVING HER ATTENTION!

The poster should stop acting like his world revolves round her since she is not willing to forgive and let's see who flinches first.

Nonsense and ingredients!!

Don't forget that the marriage has a faulty foundation and is about hitting the rocks.

What is there to lose that she hasn't lost already?

Assuming you were the male, what stops your wife from getting the attention you intend starving her of outside?

How well do you know your wife to predict things with careless acts?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by shobam1410(m): 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
There's nothing anyone on Nairalander could help you with. You were actually not ready for marriage before you delved into it. If you've ever attended marriage seminars/relationship talk shows, you would have known that words are very powerful. No matter the provocation, there are things you don't utter. People forgive, but those words live with them. Most times, not consciously 'cause even subconscious keeps to information. There are certain "truth" you don't say if it's going to cause emotional damages even if it's the truth. I laugh when people blab things to hurt people, then tag it "the truth". You're simply being insensitive. It' s not every truth you should say in the open. Maturity has taught me to keep quiet when provoked.

Your wife may have forgiven, but those words can never be erased even though she desires to.
God bless you dear sister. You nailed it too much. Deep counsel you just gave.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Midas01: 2:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
Did your mom ever tell you she regrets having you as a son? Did she ever tell you that she could've aborted you or that if she had the choice she would never have chosen you to be her child? Did she tell you she's just managing you due to lack of a better son?

The above are the equivalent of what this op said to his wife.

Every normal human on the face of this Earth should have the reaction the wife has.
iPrevail:

Okay.. If it were you, what would you do?

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Fredoh(m): 3:00pm On Sep 15, 2019
Charles1888:
I had to create a new account for this

I don't know how to get through to my wife anymore, of which the fault is mine, when we were dating, she showed that she was committed to me and loved me wholeheartedly but I was reluctant to marry her cos she was of age, I wanted someone younger, say under 25, but something important that i have to acquire made me marry all of a sudden and she was the only one available, don't get me wrong, I loved her then, her peaceful and humble soul but for some reason I simply can't understand I felt she wasn't enough, but I was wrong, she was perfect, the best I can ever wish for and more, she is everything,

After we got married, you know newlyweds now, the quarrels about every little thing, it was much then, so this particular incident made me so worked up and angry I made a statement I shouldnt have said, during the heated argument I told her that she was never who I would have married, that she wasn't my specs, she was too old (31 lol) that if someone younger was available I wouldn't blink twice before I'll marry the person.

After saying all that, I wasn't sober about it, she held on to that statement, I knew she cried that night, since then we don't talk, play, gist anymore, we became distant, though I apologised the next morning but things isn't just the same anymore, communication isn't there, she only talks to me when she wants to ask or say necessary things, nothing more, though she still cooks, we still have sex, infact every other aspect is fine except for communication, anytime I come back from work and I'm in the sitting room, she doesn't stay there, she either goes to the room or dinning room, I have begged and begged and I don't want to involve third party cos I obviously caused this, when she got pregnant, she didn't tell me till I saw the strip, when I asked why she said she forgot, and we had plans to celebrate when she takes in, I was sad that day, I begged and asked to tell me anything she wants and I'll do it, I'll make it up to her,,she said she wants nothing that she is fine, I love her, she is my baby, we use to be gist buddies, I missed that and I want it back.

I don't know what to do anymore, it's my fault I know that and I'm sorry I ever said that cos it hurt her deeply, I told her to tell me more evil things so that we will be even, she said she can't that she loves me, we are drifting apart, I can feel it,

Pls help me folks, I came here becos I want anonymous advise, what else can I do to make the hurt go away?

Thank God you've agreed that you've bleeped up.
You are a man and shouldn't be running your mouth anyhow.
As far as I know, women are the ones who say what they don't mean in split second. In your situation the reverse is the case.

Okay I'm not an advocate of third party either.
Your remorse and apology is heard and understood by your wife and it's recorded in her brain. What she can't decipher is why you made that statement in the first place. She's dissapointed and is making her "sick".
Something that only time and changed attitude can heal.

From now on resort to saying nothing negative to your wife again even if she does.
Do her good even if she doesn't.
Strike the gist you used to have even if it doesn't sound that sweet.

With time she'll understand that this man only made a poor choice of words but doesn't mean what he said.

I also recommend you watch the movie called FIRE PROOF.

Good luck bro.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by shobam1410(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
Richy4:
That was cold blooded bro.. A technical knock out jizzzz!!!..

This kinda situation deserves 'hail Mary'

Bro this is from me to you.. There are people in this world that got acid mouths. Oh!! When they open it a little, it can divide the red sea.. and u are one of them unfortunately

Killing someone does not necessarily mean using gun or knife.. U have destroyed her self confidence man.. Try and keep your tongue in check in future man..

As for the present situation, maybe you have done enough begging and pleading. Time for action.. U have done your courtship and u know what she likes.. start with that.. she might act like she doesn't want it but keep on doing it still..also give her a little time and space to breathe and think ... She will come around.

In my opinion, taking this case to a third party will further humiliate her the more because that person will like to know what you were fighting about and what you said that made her so upset .. and u can't trust the person not to say it to another person... That will give them a weapon on what to hold against her should there be any misunderstanding between herself and whoever it was that you told..

On a lighter note bro I will suggest that you buy chewing stick in future and keep at home.. if she does or says something that upsets U, and u can't leave the house at that point, and u know that if u opened your mouth, it will shut the whole thing down, just pick up one of the chewing stick and start chewing.. That will keep you mouth in check grin
Bro Na wa for u o.
That chewing stick part cracked me up. Awesome counsel you gave. Abeg chop knuckles
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
Respect55:

You see how you guys keep on making mistakes but never seem to learn from it. Psychologists and Philosophers are yet to arrive at any favourable ground in determining how human beings think and there u are blowing ur trumpet. Preposterous.

This be the very last one I will reply u. #Peace
They can't arrive at it because they are also human beings. So technically,they can't give an objective reason. I was logical and not 'blowing my trumpet'.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by maasoap(m): 3:19pm On Sep 15, 2019
Charles1888:

I don't know how to get through to my wife anymore, of which the fault is mine, when we were dating, she showed that she was committed to me and loved me wholeheartedly but I was reluctant to marry her cos she was of age, I wanted someone younger, say under 25, but something important that i have to acquire made me marry all of a sudden and she was the only one available, don't get me wrong, I loved her then, her peaceful and humble soul but for some reason I simply can't understand I felt she wasn't enough, but I was wrong, she was perfect, the best I can ever wish for and more, she is everything,

After we got married, you know newlyweds now, the quarrels about every little thing, it was much then, so this particular incident made me so worked up and angry I made a statement I shouldnt have said, during the heated argument I told her that she was never who I would have married, that she wasn't my specs, she was too old (31 lol) that if someone younger was available I wouldn't blink twice before I'll marry the person.

After saying all that, I wasn't sober about it, she held on to that statement, I knew she cried that night, since then we don't talk, play, gist anymore, we became distant, though I apologised the next morning but things isn't just the same anymore, communication isn't there, she only talks to me when she wants to ask or say necessary things, nothing more, though she still cooks, we still have sex, infact every other aspect is fine except for communication, anytime I come back from work and I'm in the sitting room, she doesn't stay there, she either goes to the room or dinning room, I have begged and begged and I don't want to involve third party cos I obviously caused this, when she got pregnant, she didn't tell me till I saw the strip, when I asked why she said she forgot, and we had plans to celebrate when she takes in, I was sad that day, I begged and asked to tell me anything she wants and I'll do it, I'll make it up to her,,she said she wants nothing that she is fine, I love her, she is my baby, we use to be gist buddies, I missed that and I want it back.

I don't know what to do anymore, it's my fault I know that and I'm sorry I ever said that cos it hurt her deeply, I told her to tell me more evil things so that we will be even, she said she can't that she loves me, we are drifting apart, I can feel it,

Pls help me folks, I came here becos I want anonymous advise, what else can I do to make the hurt go away?

She is deeply hurt, too deeply. You're are even lucky that she hasn't stabbed you to death in your sleep or poisoned your food. If and when this is over, don't hurt your wife or anyone for that matter like that again. Just follow different advices here. But if at the end of the day, she didn't forgive, may be you truly married the wrong person

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Ferrous(m): 3:22pm On Sep 15, 2019
My own be say: e get one girl wey I dey eye to marry but the problem be say, e dey with our pastor, I don't know how to go about it. Any advice? I really need her for marriage and not for sex.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2019
tongue
LovesonBlezz:
your profile pic. got me cracking cheesy
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by tracyfemmmm: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
All I can say is court her like the very first time you met. Not just saying sorry. Because sorry does not get to the root of the issue. She feels like you settled for her which you did. But you need to be honest that you did but have found a jewel beyond your dreams. So court her like you know she is a jewel and you are ready to do it all over. Like someone says if she goes in the room follow her. If she is cooking go and gist with her. If she is sleeping rub her back. Make sex much more romantic etc. Just court her again because apologizing is like cello tape to a wound . Does not help it heal. You need to get to the root of the issue with her. Assure her that that is no longer the case

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by alexola20(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by munanonye16: 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
More patience,more time, more love and more prayer

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Lugianostar(m): 3:42pm On Sep 15, 2019
You cut yourself open across your stomach. All those criteria you are considering are nothing before a serious minded person to reciprocate a kind heart of love.

Your woes were caused by you and not by Buhari i must say with bold emphasis

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
Look......... telling a woman you regret marrying her can be easily forgiven. But telling a woman:

You would have preferred a ''younger'' spouse

She is old....... undecided, 31 is old smh.

She is not your spec........., etc.........are mind damaging words.

I wonder why he could not get a so called younger spouse since he is so good enough. He may also feel he was the only option available for his wife, whereas she may have had other options, yet love kept her tied to him. That's why I always feel that Nigerian men do not deserve genuine love, he has a perfect wife, yet he imargines bullsheeet...

KingLennon:

C'mon....we have said things we are not supposed to say when we are angry. He made a terrible mistake and he has admitted it. If the lady truly loves him she'll forgive him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:57pm On Sep 15, 2019
According to you she don old...... undecided . If only you do travel out, or watch BBC lifestyle, and see how the whites and African Americans date/marry older women, or women of their age without complaining. They are the architects behind great inventions, yet they don't tag women evening newspapers, but some black Nigerian- male losers are only good at abusing and calling women names.
24kmagic:

Madam, 31 years old is not "only" for a woman.
She don old true true.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Decryptor(m): 4:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
koyyes:

Don't forget that the marriage has a faulty foundation and is about hitting the rocks.

What is there to lose that she hasn't lost already?

Assuming you were the male, what stops your wife from getting the attention you intend starving her of outside?

How well do you know your wife to predict things with careless acts?

The woman is being unnecessarily bitter

She hasn't lost anything because the guy made a careless statement which he has genuinely apologized for and she is still sulking! She can get whatever attention she wants outside but it will be purely on the grounds of sexual gratification which the person who gives her the attention enjoys.
She is already on the older side as postulated by her husband so what is any right thinking male who gives her the attention giving it to her for apart from draining her sexually after which the guy will bolt within a short time of the extra -marital affair? Unless she is very financially buoyant enough to be spoiling the person with gifts just to make him stay which i am not sure is the case.

Women say much worse things to their husbands but we stomach it an move on but just this small talk and she is playing "god" with an unforgiving heart?

Like i said, the guy get time to beg her constantly! He should ignore her and focus on himself and if the baby comes, channel the whom love and attention to the child and relegate the woman to whatever life she feels suits her.

She'll be the one to get scared and apprehensive about the man's intentions and then buckle up.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2019
Decryptor:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

The woman is being unnecessarily bitter

She hasn't lost anything because the guy made a careless statement which he has genuinely apologized for and she is still sulking! She can get whatever attention she wants outside but it will be purely on the grounds of sexual gratification which the person who gives her the attention enjoys.
She is already on the older side as postulated by her husband so what is any right thinking male who gives her the attention giving it to her for apart from draining her sexually after which the guy will bolt within a short time of the extra -marital affair? Unless she is very financially buoyant enough to be spoiling the person with gifts just to make him stay which i am not sure is the case.

Women say much worse things to their husbands but we stomach it an move on but just this small talk and she is playing "god" with an unforgiving heart?

Like i said, the guy get time to beg her constantly! He should ignore her and focus on himself and if the baby comes, channel the whom love and attention to the child and relegate the woman to whatever life she feels suits her.

She'll be the one to get scared and apprehensive about the man's intentions and then buckle up.

Again, what makes you think she will buckle up when he decides not to give her any attention?

That's my question.

She didn't 'buckle up' the minute he told her she wasn't his spec and is too old for him.

She already knows the marriage should never have happened and she is beginning not to possess emotional attachments ( which will definitely be transferred to her unborn child).

You reason like you don't know what's happening outside.

You have to be sure your reverse psychology tactics will work on your partner assuming you know her well.

Does the op know his wife well enough to take your advice?

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by antidisestablis: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
Time heals everything. Please just continue to prove to her that you love her, I'm very sure everything will come back to normal soon and pls never say any hurtful things to her again.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by gbogboija: 4:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
Stop begging her, it won't solve the problem. Find time to take her out to somewhere like government parks or eatery and just be all over her each and every time you are in such an open place. May God have His way.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
victorian:
So painful.

I pray the man I will end up marrying will never say such to me, if not that marriage is dead on arrival.

Honestly it's over. Na just to manage ourselves for the house remain.

Op u messed big time. How old is 31?

Me, that I'm even.more than 31 years. I still look young and frosh. No man can say such to me sha. You can now see why women lie about their age? Cause men like you will use it against her in quarrel. Men don't like truth when it comes to age matters.

Na WA o. sad
is a man not allow to marry any age GRP he wants? he made a serious mistake then he apologized, life should continue. Why will the wife make him a begging slave for life.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by kunleweb: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
According to you she don old...... undecided . If only you do travel out, or watch BBC lifestyle, and see how the whites and African Americans date/marry older women, or women of their age without complaining. They are the architects behind great inventions, yet they don't tag women evening newspapers, but some black Nigerian- male losers are only good at abusing and calling women names.

..chum chum, how waz church?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 15, 2019
lilbest4:
I swear I have heard my very own sisters told their husband that they were a wrong choice
That man should stop apologising and start coming home late the woman will be back in less than a week
can you imagine, and d ladies here are talking as if the op is the first person to say such, the op shld become a man back and continue to show his wife love the way he can.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by LilMissFavvy(f): 5:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
wink Was great.....
kunleweb:

..chum chum, how waz church?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by kunleweb: 5:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
wink Was great.....

wink
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Thalinzrcng: 5:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
iPrevail:
Stop begging. Change tactics. Just tell her everyday that you love her and she means a lot to you.. Say it every single day, no matter what happens.
If she remains that way till the year ends, just know you married a very vindictive person you should actually be wary of.
If you can't forgive a person or look past their flaws, then you don't love them

True wisdom
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by Neutrality: 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
pocohantas:
If my husband tells me such, no matter how long it takes...I must get my pound of flesh.

But then, I am not your wife grin
Except I suffer amnesia sha. Total one o

By the way, thought it is only women that have bad mouth in marriage? So, una sef dey talk nonsense like this?
Nooo,it was sleep of the tongue,kindly advise d gentleman and stop adding salt 2 his injury,he really needs help

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by omaigala12(m): 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
ollyboy009:
This is deep bro, i will still advice that you involve someone she so much respect in helping you apologizing to her, that will show her that you are serious.
You have a rear gem, pls don't lose her to your insensitivity. God bless your home!
how did u know he has a rare gem?
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by adanny01(m): 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2019
Charles1888:

Let me advise you.

Please move on from that fight and stop blaming yourself. Focus on making her happy and being the best married couple in town while being the best husband any woman can have.

You've hurt her yes, you've apologized yes, she has forgiven you yes, but she has not forgotten. What is left is to make her forget by making her smile and laugh again.
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by luluosas(m): 5:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
You are very wicked
elipheleh:
Op your situation is a lesson to other men.
Men should never marry old women.
That your woman is really a bad person, very vengeful and manipulative.
I am sure she has said worst things to you or any of her past boyfriends before ad even friends. Was she crucified for it? No.
An unforgiven person is worst than a witch. OP I pity you for falling victim to such vindictive person.

They are evening newspaper for a reason: their behaviours were bad and untolerable all their life , icluding their youth days.

I am sure God was warning you in your heart then about not marrying her, you think it was just a double mind. You ignored God notching you to desist from her then because you felt desperate to inherit abi acquire something with marriage certificate.

Now see your situation.

Tell that you wife to grow up and stop being a manipulative child. If she insists, leave her and marry whoever you wants.

Nonsense, weak men everywhere. None had wisdom at all.
How can a supposedly adult be under broad day manipulation like this. Who no get hot temper on their own? Who no dey sensitive for this world?

Every day women think of ways of subjugation and manipulating their neighbour and partner. Their thoughts are evil continually. Don't listen to any female or unwise man here. Their advice will at the end make you feel more guilty and vulnerable to continue in that downward manipulated state.

Women will always support and conspire with any woman (albeit unconsciuosly) to cage men.

The only woman that can help and support you during manipulation is a man's mum. Ask only your mum for all your relationship advices .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by PrincessJr(f): 5:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
Richy4:
That was cold blooded bro.. A technical knock out jizzzz!!!..

This kinda situation deserves 'hail Mary'

Bro this is from me to you.. There are people in this world that got acid mouths. Oh!! When they open it a little, it can divide the red sea.. and u are one of them unfortunately

Killing someone does not necessarily mean using gun or knife.. U have destroyed her self confidence man.. Try and keep your tongue in check in future man..

As for the present situation, maybe you have done enough begging and pleading. Time for action.. U have done your courtship and u know what she likes.. start with that.. she might act like she doesn't want it but keep on doing it still..also give her a little time and space to breathe and think ... She will come around.

In my opinion, taking this case to a third party will further humiliate her the more because that person will like to know what you were fighting about and what you said that made her so upset .. and u can't trust the person not to say it to another person... That will give them a weapon on what to hold against her should there be any misunderstanding between herself and whoever it was that you told..

On a lighter note bro I will suggest that you buy chewing stick in future and keep at home.. if she does or says something that upsets U, and u can't leave the house at that point, and u know that if u opened your mouth, it will shut the whole thing down, just pick up one of the chewing stick and start chewing.. That will keep you mouth in check grin
Nice one Sir grin
Re: My Wife Is Slowly Distancing Herself From Me..... by 24kmagic: 5:49pm On Sep 15, 2019
LilMissFavvy:

That's why they are whites and we are blacks.
No matter how we try to copy them, we will never be innovative like them, It's not about marrying young or old women. And besides, not everything that comes from the whites is right.

They are the major advocates of LGBT but we down here condemn it in it's entirety.

31 years for a woman is old, period!

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

It Took Some Time For Our Wives To Idenify Us 90-Year-Old Identical Twins (Pics) / I Don’t Enjoy Sex With My Husband. His Joystick Is Too Big – Wife Tells Court / Blue-Eyed Risikat Azeez Makes Peace With Her Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.