Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 AM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56551 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by boxypane(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers
How does this make him better, if he is good at criticizing, now he has been given the light to make it right, but where is he now. He is a useless critique.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by jchioma: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
The pressure was damn too much, and considering his stance against the government it was only proper that he resigns, if he had any modicum of self respect. His time will come, but not under this govt of mediocrity and hypocrisy.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
Minjim:

Is conviction is to do what exactly, not help Nigeria?
I listened to the market noises and turned himself to the wailers lickspittle

You need to see the bigger picture

What can one man do in a ministry run by caucuses of corrupt politicians?

It's good to be realistic! Life isn't a Hollywood movies where one good man suddenly makes a whole nation decide to start living each other etc

They tried to use an appointment to silence him, it's clear his criticisms hurts more

Read between the lines and think in broader terms

Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by omenka(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2019
Compare Ezeks tweet with that of Banky. This woman though. I'm beginning to see some sense in the things people around here say about her.

We want the best from government but at the same time hate to see the best IN government.

How does one reconcile that? Wouldn't she gladly accept same if given? If sacrifices were good, why didnt she sacrifice a chance to travel to SA for a summit in protest against what they've done to our brothers and sisters in that country?

Smh

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
boxypane:

Sharrap there!!!
How does this make him better, if he is good at criticizing, now he has been given the light to make it right, but where is he now. He is a useless critique.

Don't ever quote me with such crude talk. If you cannot speak like someone eductated then miss me with such nonsense

You can't start a counter comment with an insult! Is this kindergarten?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Vasgas: 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

Cheers

You spoke my mind Bro

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Olanipekun1: 2:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
omenka:
Compare Ezeks tweet with that of Banky. This woman though. I'm beginning to see some sense in the things people around here say about her.

We want the best from government but at the same time hate to see the best IN government.

How does one reconcile that? Wouldn't she gladly accept same if given? If sacrifices were good, why didnt she sacrifice a chance to travel to SA for a summit in protest against what they've done to our brothers and sisters in that country?

Smh
how can you want the best in government when the head is an incompetent charlatan

it's like working under an olodo boss
no matter how intelligent you are it can never show because his olodoness will overshadow your brightness afterall you take orders from him.

thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah Amin
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah Amin
thunder scatter aisha masha Allah Amin
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Stillthebest: 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2019
kiss

His reasons for resigning is flimsy. To salvage the Nigerian nation, all hands must be on deck.

If he's been championing a cause all these while, for a good governance, then he's bestowed an opportunity to prove his worth, isnt that a way to prove to your followers that you are better off by orchestrating a people oriented activities while serving?

People will always talk. But as long as he's not carrying any political party's membership card, that would make the appointment make him betray his party's practise, then, in my opinion he should not have resigned but to prove a difference while serving.

The ovation would have been louder if, in the cause of servicing, he senses some positive effort sabotaging, then resign.We need good hands in the Govt. Trying to score a faint political score isnt our look-out-for.

He just dashed out another golden opportunity smiling at a common man to dine in a golden table with the controllers of his future, which I regard as a sneaking in. Such chances are not always there for just anyone where the Atikus, Tinubus, Orjis, Uba, Kwankwaso, Sarakis are dictating the circles that revolve us. Sneaking into the govt is another method the mean-well people can liaise and hijack the Govt.

He has just sledge-hammered a political pamphleteering of the government which might in the long run be beneficial to us all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Gerrie(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
It is possible he may have been threatened by the BMO or some aggrieved persons in authority.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by NOC1(m): 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

He has no honour he accepted and was bullied out, no iota of honour, he ius just a hungry average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Minjim: 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

You need to see the bigger picture

What can one man do in a ministry run by caucuses of corrupt politicians?

It's good to be realistic! Life isn't a Hollywood movies where one good man suddenly makes a whole nation decide to start living each other etc

They tried to use an appointment to silence him, it's clear his criticisms hurts more

Read between the lines and think in broader terms

Cheers

You can't conclude on assumptions.
When he gets to that bridge, he'll cross it. Sadly, he'll never get there now.
If we leave the workings of govt to the likes of only Buhari and Atiku, we'll just continue to go in circles. People like him can only get into govt by "sneakin in".
Nigerians won't even vote them in elections. This is a rare opportunity to "sneak" a competent man into govt and Nigerians distracted him.
The larger picture is the foundation such appointment can do to such a devoted man. It's a means to an end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2019
Minjim:

When he gets to that bridge, he'll cross it. Sadly, he'll never get their now.
If we leave the working of govt to the likes of only Buhari and Atiku, we'll just continue to go in circle. People like him can only get into govt by sneakin in. Nigerians won't even vote them in elections. This is a rare opportunity to sneak a competent man into govt and Nigerians distracted him.
The larger picture is the foundation such appointment can do to such a devoted man. It's a means to an end.

Assumptions? I have been interacting with various Ministries parastals and agencies bro

I know how they work in and out

He did the best thing
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:
Man of honor and integrity. Kudos
I felt so sad because a voice would have been compromised but now I feel relieved.

Why? SO WHO WILL DO THE JOB? HE WOULD HAVE GONE IN FIRST AND IF HE SEES THAT THEY ARENT READY TO DO AND ACCEPT THE RIGHT THING, THEN HE SHOULD RESIGN..

BACKING OUT NOW ISNT THE BEST.. SO ON WHAT GROUNDS IS HE GOING TO CONTINUE THE CRITICISIM WHEN HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THINGS AND HE BACKED OUT?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 12345DKO(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
I'm happy he resigned, else our corrupt system won't allow most of his advice work hence rendering him useless in the eyes of the public and open to insults from Nigerians which in my own opinion is the trap this government set for him.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 9gerian: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
So Oby is happy a technocrat resigned?

She that would not pass up any opportunistic appointment or invitation is hailing another not to serve. Wonders!!! shocked

Gistpeeps:
Former Education Minister and The convener of the Bring Back Our Girls Movement, Oby Ezekwesili reacts as Seun Onigbinde, a critic of the President Muhammadu Buhari-led All Progressives Congress (APC) government who was recently appointed Technical Adviser at the Ministry of Budget and National Planning by the same government, has resigned the appointment.

The Co-founder of BudgIT joined the Buhari administration as the Technical Adviser at the Ministry of Budget and National Planning and confirmed the development through his Medium account.

His appointment by the same government he had criticized in the past four years generated controversies as the development did not go down well with some Nigerians.

https://all-gists..com/2019/09/oby-ezekwesil-banky-w-others-reacts-as-seun-onigbinde-resigns-his-appointment.html

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
Minjim:

When he gets to that bridge, he'll cross it. Sadly, he'll never get there now.
If we leave the workings of govt to the likes of only Buhari and Atiku, we'll just continue to go in circles. People like him can only get into govt by "sneakin in".
Nigerians won't even vote them in elections. This is a rare opportunity to "sneak" a competent man into govt and Nigerians distracted him.

Thanks for not being myopic
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Minjim: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Assumptions? I have been interacting with various Ministries parastals and agencies bro

I know how they work in and out

He did the best thing

When they hinder his work, then he can resign. Nigerians will be the judge then

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Onlyonebuhari: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Cheers

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

He resigned because people criticized him for taking the appointment. Why will he take the appointment if indeed he has a trace of honour in him? Let those who believe in Buhari be there, u can't fight Buhari and still accept his appointment.
The resignation came late my brother. He shouldn't have accepted it in the first place...........
My opinion though

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
I really respect seun onigbinde for this move. it shows vividly that he's man that have integrity and conscience. he's man of integrity. he preached accountability and transparency in whatever he do. he has proved it again. nice one from you seun.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by kunmiiii: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Madam Oby has continued to prove she's just a charlatan and a hypocrite.

6 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
12345DKO:
I'm happy he resigned, else our corrupt system won't allow most of his advice work hence rendering him useless in the eyes of the public and open to insults from Nigerians which in my own opinion is the trap this government set for him.

Then he should have resigned at that point and not now
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Acidosis(m): 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
The guy made the right decision. Btw, I don't understand Banky at all, hold who accountable? A special adviser?

You want to hold a special adviser accountable in Nigeria? For what exactly? A special adviser to a cabal-led government is as useless as the p in psychology.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 9gerian: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2019
Well said.

Now another yes man would likely be put in that position to Nigeria’s loss. Not good!

Evercurious:

Why? SO WHO WILL DO THE JOB? HE WOULD HAVE GONE IN FIRST AND IF HE SEES THAT THEY ARENT READY TO DO AND ACCEPT THE RIGHT THING, THEN HE SHOULD RESIGN..

BACKING OUT NOW ISNT THE BEST.. SO ON WHAT GROUNDS IS HE GOING TO CONTINUE THE CRITICISIM WHEN HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO CHANGE THINGS AND HE BACKED OUT?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by GenSam(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2019
Toscarele:
Thats what a man of integrity does in a sane society, you must not gree die on an appointment

Why did he accept the offer in the first place
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

He resigned because people criticized him for taking the appointment. Why will he take the appointment if indeed he has a trace of honour in him? Let those who believe in Buhari be there, u can't fight Buhari and still accept his appointment.
The resignation came late my brother. He shouldn't have accepted it in the first place...........
My opinion though

Your point is sound but fails to take into consideration the reality like I stated above

A ministry is an institution not an SME , an institution of over 1000 employees whom have all been there before him for decades and are used to doing things a particular way.

Remember he isn't the minister he was to be an adviser . If they were offering him the minister portfolio he won't resign as then he can make a change

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Lemmejoor(m): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Shouldn't have accepted the offer at first instance.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2019
Onlyonebuhari:

My opinion though

HE IS SERVING HIS NATION. SO WHAT WAS THE ESSENCE OF ALL CRITICISM?

NIGERIANS ARE SO FUNNY.. YOU ARE NT READY FOR CHANGE.. JUST GOOD AT MAKING NOISE UP AND DOWN..

THAT MEANS HE HAS BEEN A NOISE MAKE ALL ALONG..SIMPLE
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
12345DKO:
you already know Apc games. seun onigbinde did the right thing. he's a man of integrity.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Minjim:

When they hinder his work, then he can resign. Nigerians will be the judge then

Brooo

Remember he was to be an adviser in a ministry of over 1000 employees not the minister.

These people have been there for 20 years plus, they are used to doing things a particular way..

If he was offered the minister portfolio then he can stay because then can he make a change not as an adviser

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

Wow!, you think this is how it works?. in a system that is fundamentally flawed?
Give me a name of a technocrat that walked in there and made a turnaround and I will give you names of over 10 technocrats that walked in there and were lost in the doldrums.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

7 Units Where Osun Reruns Will Hold Sep 27 / Do You Agree With This Presidential Election Prediction By The Nation Newspaper? / Lagos Gubernatorial Elections Collation Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.