Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,373 members, 7,812,093 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:01 AM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56565 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
you already know Apc games. seun onigbinde did the right thing. he's a man of integrity.

What games? Is the Seun man a politician? You all shouldn't blame BUHARI again with respect to BUDGET ISSUE cos the appointing his critic was the best.. But since you think otherwise then dont blame him.. TAKE WHATEVER YOU SEE. AND THAT SEUN SHOULD JUST SHUT THE HELL UP WITH HIS SILLY CRITICISM

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2019
Stillthebest:
kiss

His reasons for resigning is flimsy. To salvage the Nigerian nation, all hands must be on deck.

If he's been championing a cause all these while, for a good governance, then he's bestowed an opportunity to prove his worth, isnt that a way to prove to your followers that you are better off by orchestrating a people oriented activities while serving?

People will always talk. But as long as he's not carrying any political party membership card, that would make the appointment make him betray his party's practise, then, in my opinion he should not have resigned but to prove a difference while serving.

The ovation would have been louder if, in the cause of servicing, he senses some positive effort sabotaging, then resign.We need good hands in the Govt. Trying to score a faint political score isnt our look-out-for.

He just dashed out another golden opportunity smiling at a common man to dine in a golden table with the controllers of his future, which I regard as a sneaking in. Such chances are not always there for just anyone where the Atikus, Tinubus, Orjis, Uba, Kwankwaso, Sarakis are dictating the circles that revolve us. Sneaking into the govt is another method the mean-well peiple can liase and hijack the Govt.

He has just sledge-hammered a political pamphleteering of the government which might in the long run beneficial to us all.
he did the best thing. he followed his conscience. besides last year tweets he replied prof Pius adesanmi really shows that he won't accept government offer. he's a man of integrity.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by engrJAAB: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
So so dissappointed. Is this how Nigeria will get better?

You sit out there, see the rot, talk talk talk. Now you are called to come and do the right thing, make things better, but you chicken out!
You therefore have no grounds to talk anymore seeing you were given the chance to correct things.

This is exactly how the youths have been clamoring for change, but all is mere talk. They cant walk the talk.

Alas, Seye Onigbinde is a coward.

If you meant well, you will start the Job. If things go sour because of inner politics etc, you resign. Then tell the whole world the truth. But now, you didnt even take the first step, how can you now talk accurately of inside dealings? You cant, cos you lost the chance to know the inner workings.

Anyway, there are other Nigerians with better capabilities in same area.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?if the government was sincere he should have been made the minister then he can effect real change not as an adviser

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

What games? Is the Seun man a politician? You all shouldn't blame BUHARI again with respect to BUDGET ISSUE cos the appointing his critic was the best.. But since you think otherwise then dont blame him.. TAKE WHATEVER YOU SEE. AND THAT SEUN SHOULD JUST SHUT THE HELL UP WITH HIS SILLY CRITICISM
so tell me why buhari media organisation are attacking him since last week appointment. why are they attacking him in the first place.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Elsucre042: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
Am not a Buhari fan...

Seun is a coward, he is a fool

Who chickened out when his loyalist came after him

No Technocrat No Technocrat... gave one noise maker n idiot a chance to make it right since every other persons was wrong or dont know how n what to do, what did d coward do...he bailed grin

The useless olosho(Oby) has guts to say what he did was right, Nigerians how else would u and i contribute our quota if we dont get involve?

Banky W, nice one frm you�

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
boxypane:

How does this make him better, if he is good at criticizing, now he has been given the light to make it right, but where is he now. He is a useless critique.

VERY USELESS AT THAT. MAKE HIM COME MAKE NOISE AGAIN MAKE WE HEAR..

THOSE THAT ADVISED HIM TO RESIGN WILL BE THE FIRST TO INSULT HIM.. JUST WATCH
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Dagrace01(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
I didn't criticize him when he took the appointment because I'm happy he can do something to change something over there., but for him to resign? I don't support that. It's an act and f cowardice. He shouldn't have succumbed to people's pressure. Goodluck to him anyways.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 12345DKO(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
Stillthebest:
kiss

His reasons for resigning is flimsy. To salvage the Nigerian nation, all hands must be on deck.

If he's been championing a cause all these while, for a good governance, then he's bestowed an opportunity to prove his worth, isnt that a way to prove to your followers that you are better off by orchestrating a people oriented activities while serving?

People will always talk. But as long as he's not carrying any political party membership card, that would make the appointment make him betray his party's practise, then, in my opinion he should not have resigned but to prove a difference while serving.

The ovation would have been louder if, in the cause of servicing, he senses some positive effort sabotaging, then resign.We need good hands in the Govt. Trying to score a faint political score isnt our look-out-for.

He just dashed out another golden opportunity smiling at a common man to dine in a golden table with the controllers of his future, which I regard as a sneaking in. Such chances are not always there for just anyone where the Atikus, Tinubus, Orjis, Uba, Kwankwaso, Sarakis are dictating the circles that revolve us. Sneaking into the govt is another method the mean-well peiple can liase and hijack the Govt.

He has just sledge-hammered a political pamphleteering of the government which might in the long run beneficial to us all.

The names you mentioned above is why I even support him resigning because the truth is, as long as these men are in charge, they will never allow a sane person to work effectively and to full capacity because these men are not ready to let Nigeria work as it should.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by seguno2: 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2019
NOC1:
Why are people speaking as if they don't know what is politics, in an organised country he will not accept an appointment from a regime he criticised so much, Just look at critics of Trump, May, Puttin etc they boycott anything that will get them close to those the criticise, the only medium of relationship is via protest.

For him to have accepted the offer on the first place i see him as a hungry, attention seeking activist who is doing whatever he said he is doing for political and material gain. He is just an average Nigerian without honour.

I admire the politics of APC, they knew that he will not survive the heat and they played him to the oven, he is just lucky that there was no sack letter because that is the punchline ready to be served. APC have tacitly succeeded in keeping him shut because this will forever be used against him whenever he tries to voice.

My friend said what APC have are bunch fixers who use blackmail to achieve their goals.

You are wise.
Very wise. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
Stillthebest:
kiss

THANK YOU
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by dapperman(m): 3:05pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

Sorry you are wrong.

He accepted it firstly.

This is an after taught due to pressure from his online followers, critics, political players et al.

It doesn’t count.
Sorry.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
NOC1:

He has no honour he accepted and was bullied out, no iota of honour, he ius just a hungry average Nigerian.

He acted cowardly.. Let me just sound alittle polite with that word' COWARD'

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by seguno2: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
he did the best thing. he followed his conscience. besides last year tweets he replied prof Pius adesanmi really shows that he won't accept government offer. he's a man of integrity.

He is not a man of any integrity. Far from it.
Just as Ribadu has been used & dumped, so this half smart, small thief.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:09pm On Sep 16, 2019
dapperman:

Sorry you are wrong.

He accepted it firstly.

This is an after taught due to pressure from his online followers, critics, political players et al.

It doesn’t count.
Sorry.

Let me ask you dear friend

If you hear a lady screaming rape and as is common in Nigeria most guys stand and don't interfer saying inane things like "you sure whether she don chop the guy money tire" then being human this makes you laugh along and agree then you walk away half way down the street the decency in you and moral compass makes you turn around and go back then interfere and rescue the said lady

Does this make you any less of a hero for standing for something? Now image the logic when a critic says after all he waka comot like us na later he go save the girl...

Does that even matter? What matters is you took the right step eventually..

Time doesn't matter when doing the right thing , hence the saying better late than never.

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Ladiesdoctor(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
oz4real83:
Ezekwesili that still went ahead to participate at the World Economic Forum in South Africa despite the withdrawal of many people due to the killing of blacks and destruction of properties by South Africans, is also saying Kudos embarassed Our politicians only see something or political appointment wrong when they are not direct beneficiaries. If PMB should appoint her into any ministry tomorrow, Ezekwesili will gladly accept it. She will see it as an "opportunity to serve her fatherland and help the masses"

Na yeye dey worry that woman...
In Faze voice.....kolomental
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:10pm On Sep 16, 2019
boxypane:

Oh. Sorry about that. My bad. But I no like your view at all!!!!!

Apology accepted

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nannyservices:
Buhari can give the position to someone from daura....

THEN YOU COME HERE WAILING THE NEXT MINUTE
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by 12345DKO(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

Then he should have resigned at that point and not now
Agreed he should not have taken the appointment in the first place but for him to have reconsidered and resigned is also good.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
seguno2:

He is not a man of any integrity. Far from it.
Just as Ribadu has been used & dumped, so this half smart, small thief.
so please tell me why buhari media organisation members attacking him? seun onigbinde act nicely. he's a man of integrity that preached about transparency and accountability.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by olarid01: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Your point is sound but fails to take into consideration the reality like I stated above

A ministry is an institution not an SME , an institution of over 1000 employees whom have all been there before him for decades and are used to doing things a particular way.

Remember he isn't the minister he was to be an adviser . If they were offering him the minister portfolio he won't resign as then he can make a change

Cheers

The question is not 'how the ministry works', it's about why he accepted the appointment in the first place. As a strong critic that he is, he should've done his homework before considering the appointments. All what this points to is that: He is either an hungry fellow looking for what to eat OR an uninformed critic having no idea of how things works.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
He is a man of honor. Better to resign than serve in an administration that does not align with your principle. You can tell it was not an easy decision for him. Those saying he should have stayed and changed things from the inside have no idea what they are saying. If he had stayed and refused to ‘play ball’ or compromise his principles and do things Buhari’s way, he would have been fired anyway.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Toscarele: 3:14pm On Sep 16, 2019
GenSam:

Why did he accept the offer in the first place

are you saying all the British ministers and other high profile officers that resigned should have taken their jobs , its simple if you are given a job and you face conditions that hinder you from carrying it out properly, you do the gentlemanly thing and resign simple
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by mhktaryan: 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
Nigerians like criticism a lot, he accepted an offer from the FG people said he should back out, now he did una still dey say he shouldn't have accepted in the first place. What do we even want self? I'm sure we're not sure

2 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
9gerian:
Well said.

Now another yes man would likely be put in that position to Nigeria’s loss. Not good!

NOGERIANS SHOULD DIE IN THEIR WAILINGS. THEY ARENT READY AT ALL FOR CHANGE..

JUST NOISE MAKERS OR SHOULD I SAY WAILERS.SMH
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by magzey: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
Awol1:
When we say APC is an Islamic party, they'd say we are playing religious card.

But just like Islam, APC adherents see anyone who is not in APC as an infidel.

It happened when the Senate president appointed Saraki's former aid. It is happening again now.

In the past, specifically IBB and Obasanjo, your party affiliation didn't matter so long as you got substance that would benefit the nation.

But not so with APC and their bunch of terrorist foot soldiers, to hell with capacity, what they care about is that you are one of them.

If my opinion was sought, I'd have advised Onigbinde not to resign. The more people resign under their criticism, the more emboldened they'd be to continue in stupidity, crass irrationality and outright foolishness.

Fools!
Yes Osinbajo is now a moslem and Okorocha and co
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
olarid01:

The question is not 'how the ministry works', it's about why he accepted the appointment in the first place. As a strong critic that he is, he should've done his homework before considering the appointments. All what this points to is that: He is either an hungry fellow looking for what to eat OR an uninformed critic having no idea of how things works.

I think I addressed a similar counter from another member already.

Again I ask... When doing the right thing does time matter as long as the goal is achieved?

At the end of the day history will never say he was part of the corrupt government.

I remember pre politics Keyamo, he was a staunch government critic and human rights activist.. today we all know his moral compass is long gone.

Oshimola pre politics era was an NLC stallwart ... He entered politics and alas went the way of Keyamo.

It pays to know thy self and always act in the right way

His criticisms are hurtng them more
Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by KevMitnick: 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
The Nigerian system is rigged. Seun will just be another one of their victims. Currently he's got no skeleton in his cupboard, this appointment was a Trojan horse and had it been that he stayed in, they'll simply rope him in to something that would silence him for life. With snakes like tinubu and oshiobaba in the engine of Nigerian, be sure that Seun just dodged a bullet. With the current crop of politicians in power, Nigeria as a whole is beyond redemption and Seun would simply have been a crayfish in an ocean of sharks. Smart guy grin
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by olarid01: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

I think I addressed a similar counter from another member already.

Again I ask... When doing the right thing does time matter as long as the goal is achieved?

At the end of the day history will never say he was part of the corrupt government.

I remember pre politics Keyamo, he was a staunch government critic and human rights activist.. today we all know his moral compass is long gone.

Oshimola pre politics era was an NLC stallwart ... He entered politics and alas went the way of Keyamo.

It pays to know thy self and always act in the right way

Cheers

No, time is very crucial while doing the RIGHT thing. I'll leave it at that.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by magzey: 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:
Man of honor and integrity. Kudos
I felt so sad because a voice would have been compromised but now I feel relieved.
Same with former minister of finance Adeosun ,he critises APC and they appoint him ,is good they send him parking useless man.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by aribs(m): 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
Quite disappointing in my opinion. A person who would lead must learn to be guided by the courage of his convictions, and not the hullabaloo and mob noise of social media. Being a critic is not a badge of honor to wear around but being able to articulate viewpoints and proffer solutions on the way forward. I understand pro- Buhari folks objected to the appointment due to his virulent criticism of the government and its policies. I consider it a lesson learned for him: when you criticize a government and its policies , make it objective and take out the emotions. It is a service to your country and your own contribution to create a progressive society. However , the hallmark of a true leader is humility; an ability to see things from other perspectives and realizing you may have never had the true picture all along and admitting that fact. No one likes to be wrong but true greatness lies in being able to admit you may have goofed on it. He will learn from this and Nigeria will move on. We need his likes to be in government. I would hope we will continue to see our best and brightest in government in great positions , advancing the course of the nation. We need them!

4 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by brexit: 3:20pm On Sep 16, 2019
He is a coward and a real enemy of Nigeria, in actual sense he lacks what it takes to develop the nation, why did he accept it in the first place, other people take decisions for him, he is not a mature man yet

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oil Price Collapses To $11 Per Barrel Amid Covid-19 Pandemic / Update On Abia State Governorship Results 2023 / May 29: Preparation In Top Gear At Eagle Square For Tinubu Swearing In (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.