Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,291 members, 7,811,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56541 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
glowingflame7:
Oby is afraid to fail, Onigbinde is afraid to fail. It is very easy for spectators to criticise the players on the pitch and score incredible goals with powerpoint slides.

LMAO @Bolded

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by nextstep(m): 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2019
boxypane:
You criticized a system, now they employed to help them make it better, you resigned. Who is deceiving who?

They employed him to silence his voice.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by maasoap(m): 5:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Assumptions? I have been interacting with various Ministries parastals and agencies bro

I know how they work in and out

He did the best thing

With citizens like you, your mindset and your mentality, it will be very hard for Nigeria to move forward. That's it

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by glowingflame7: 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

LMAO @Bolded

It's true na. It is a similar way President Buhari was shouting from the sidelines, polls, newspapers and courts for almost 2decades. People were thinking he was the messiah with the body language. See him there now, exasperated.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
maasoap:

With citizens like you, your mindset and your mentality, it will be very hard for Nigeria to move forward. That's it

It's unfortunate you feel this way.

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by glowingflame7: 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
nextstep:

Spectator: (juggling imaginary ball) Useless players, stupid coach, mad captain, rubbish club.

Club: Please come and play for us. You look like a versatile player.

Spectator: No oh. They want to silence me.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 5:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
makyegh:
Yours must a reflection of the extent of your knowledge and experience. Limited.

If you are a business owner or head of Govt, you would know that recruiting those who have displayed a capacity for understanding your challenges are your best prospects.
You don't engage them just to "shut them up with big salaries".

That's so low.

There is a saying that goes :
There is the way things are and there is the ay things should be, you only neglect the way things are at your own peril .

You speak about the way things should be, not the way things are.

Be realistic.

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by ithink7: 5:42pm On Sep 16, 2019
Thank you for this comment.

livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

Imagine a Nigeria where someone like Seun Onigbinde accepts such appointment and held his head up high in spite of overwhelming opposing voices, he remains undaunted and brings to table exactly the better changes he once advocated for.

Talk is cheap.

If I were him, I wouldn't test the depth of a river with both feet.

Bro be realistic.

How many memorable advisers are there in history world wide? None only presidents or vise presidents , ministers, Chancellors, Prime ministers , etc

Because advisers can't change anything in reality, the position is merely poetic at best .

If this was an offer to be the minister then we can talk .

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Sensiblerealist: 5:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
You people barhd ooo. Just yesterday, you don turn Khafi's expression to a meme

biggerboyc:
My reaction when I heard
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Mercy2006(f): 5:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
oz4real83:
Ezekwesili that still went ahead to participate at the World Economic Forum in South Africa despite the withdrawal of many people due to the killing of blacks and destruction of properties by South Africans, is also saying Kudos embarassed Our politicians only see something or political appointment wrong when they are not direct beneficiaries. If PMB should appoint her into any ministry tomorrow, Ezekwesili will gladly accept it. She will see it as an "opportunity to serve her fatherland and help the masses"
Not oby alone,ffk and Reno too,I swear down!
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Bro be realistic.

How many memorable advisers are there in history world wide? None only presidents or vise presidents , ministers, Chancellors, Prime ministers , etc

Because advisers can't change anything in reality, the position is merely poetic at best .

If this was an offer to be the minister then we can talk .

Cheers

Advisers can't change anything?

Please, educate me: what's the role of an adviser?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 6:17pm On Sep 16, 2019
glowingflame7:

Spectator: (juggling imaginary ball) Useless players, stupid coach, mad captain, rubbish club.

Club: Please come and play for us. You look like a versatile player.

Spectator: No oh. They want to silence me.
lol... Bros abeg, no kill me with laff

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2019
glowingflame7:

It's true na. It is a similar way President Buhari was shouting from the sidelines, polls, newspapers and courts for almost 2decades. People were thinking he was the messiah with the body language. See him there now, exasperated.
exactly what I was telling someone. In fact, a leader in my church said I was an enemy of righteousness for not supporting Buhari then... Now Buhari is here, he has since quit discussing anything related to politics

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 7:02pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

Advisers can't change anything?

Please, educate me: what's the role of an adviser?

In Nigeria which advisers since Independence has changed one thing ?

Name one, I will be waiting .... Take your time and search

This is Nigeria .. not a developed country , this is Nigeria where corrupt leaders have been in power since military era and the people have imbibed corruption as a norm.

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

In Nigeria which advisers since Independence has changed one thing ?

Name one, I will be waiting .... Take your time and search

This is Nigeria .. not a developed country , this is Nigeria where corrupt leaders have been in power since military era and the people have imbibed corruption as a norm.

Cheers

You have not answered my question. What are the duties of special/technical advisers?

Or let me paraphrase, what should be the ideal roles of special/technical adviser?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 8:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
ChasteGhuy:

You have not answered my question. What are the duties of special/technical advisers?

Or let me paraphrase, what should be the ideal roles of special/technical adviser?

There you go again reaching for the unattainable in context of the applicable scenario.

In the corporate setting that is called being distracted.
The context we speak of here is what is the reality ...which is that in Nigeria the role of special adviser is merely ceremonial hence your inability to name even one since Independence who left a mark .

Let's not waste time speaking of the idealistic and focus on the reality in terms of the choice this gentleman made which when viewed objectively was a direct decision.

If tomorrow the government feels they need him to really make an impact then they should offer him the minister portfolio which obviously they won't because like everything in Nigeria there is not intent to do the right thing .

Looting of funds is the status quo.

That is the summary of it all. If the government wants to do the right thing sincerely they know what to do and smart people know. This hence why alot if them stay away from governance ..

There are alit of very intelligent elite in Nigeria whom I have had the privilege of interacting with I mean heavy weights whom have dire t access to the likes of tinubu , obj and even buhari.
Earlier when I didnt know better I would ask them why they don't run for office to help change things .. and the answer was always similar " this government isn't sincere about changing things and I cannot allow my name to be attached to such , in future if things change and they are ready they know where to find me.

Several years later I finally understood ...

I tire of trying to explain the same thing in so many ways hence I may not continue this as I am exhausted and have something to work on, so if I don't respond further do not be offended, I am just physically exhausted.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by maasoap(m): 9:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
nextstep:

Really? But what will his noise from the sidelines change? Nothing. The most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria was Jonathan administration, yet Adesina did his part and loved by many.
If you are advocating that supposedly upright people shouldn't serve their country, how exactly will Nigeria be better? By shouting and wailing from the spectators' stand?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Folksyharry(m): 10:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

And why didn't he resign? Or you want to tell me that they prevented him from resigning?

For me Kachukwu or Onigbinde can do whatever they want with the appointment. The position offered to Onigbinde makes his influence weak. If PMB was serious about utilizing his experience then he should have given him a position where he can make very significant positive changes. This is my opinion.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 10:57pm On Sep 16, 2019
Folksyharry:

For me Kachukwu or Onigbinde can do whatever they want with the appointment. The position offered to Onigbinde makes his influence weak. If PMB was serious about utilizing his experience then he should have given him a position where he can make very significant positive changes. This is my opinion.

Dont worry wait for him to be made the PRESIDENT. EXCUSES EVERY WHERE

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 10:59pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:

Wait a minute, you don't know the status of his appointment and you're here arguing.

Whatever the status of his appointment is ,he should see that as an opportunity to make an impact. Next thing we ll hear he wasn't made the Minister or president . hence he couldn't act.. KEEP SLEEPING IN EXCUSES...

HE SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP WITH HIS USELESS CRITICISM IF HE ISNT READY ...

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 11:04pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Come on,we both no that won't happen

It's easier to resist the temptation than to indulge and declare you will stand against it eventually

Cheers

SO WHY HAS HE BEING MAKING ALL THE NOISE IN THE NAME OF CRITICISM?
INVARIABLY YOU ARE WAITING FOR AN ANGEL TO GO MAKE THE CHANGE?

IT'S OBVIOUS YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

SO WHY HAS HE BEING MAKING ALL THE NOISE IN THE NAME OF CRITICISM?
INVARIABLY YOU ARE WAITING FOR AN ANGEL TO GO MAKE THE CHANGE?

IT'S OBVIOUS YOU GUYS ARE SO FUNNY

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by nextstep(m): 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2019
maasoap:

Really? But what will his noise from the sidelines change? Nothing. The most corrupt administration in the history of Nigeria was Jonathan administration, yet Adesina did his part and loved by many.
If you are advocating that supposedly upright people shouldn't serve their country, how exactly will Nigeria be better? By shouting and wailing from the spectators' stand?

It's a very difficult question you're asking, and I wish I knew the answer. One main difference is he was appointed as an advisor, whereas Adesina was a minister - very different levels of power and ability to effect change. I imagine it would be difficult to continue to make noise as an insider, and harder still to convince people that one's voice has not been compromised. If Seun had been given true oversight/accountant powers, then we'd probably be having another discussion. But the truth is: we don't know why he did what he did.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 12:13am On Sep 17, 2019
Evercurious:

Did you just say TECHNICAL ADVISER? Lolzz
Evercurious:

Whatever the status of his appointment is ,he should see that as an opportunity to make an impact. Next thing we ll hear he wasn't made the Minister or president . hence he couldn't act.. KEEP SLEEPING IN EXCUSES...

HE SHOULD SHUT THE HELL UP WITH HIS USELESS CRITICISM IF HE ISNT READY ...
Initially, you weren't adequately informed and when you were being informed, you're still acting ignorantly & arguing blindly.
Biko, take your meds & go to bed. He will keep up his criticisms and you will do nothing. you are a clown, Lol.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 5:49am On Sep 17, 2019
livebyday:

There you go again reaching for the unattainable in context of the applicable scenario.

In the corporate setting that is called being distracted.
The context we speak of here is what is the reality ...which is that in Nigeria the role of special adviser is merely ceremonial hence your inability to name even one since Independence who left a mark .

Let's not waste time speaking of the idealistic and focus on the reality in terms of the choice this gentleman made which when viewed objectively was a direct decision.

If tomorrow the government feels they need him to really make an impact then they should offer him the minister portfolio which obviously they won't because like everything in Nigeria there is not intent to do the right thing .

Looting of funds is the status quo.

That is the summary of it all. If the government wants to do the right thing sincerely they know what to do and smart people know. This hence why alot if them stay away from governance ..

There are alit of very intelligent elite in Nigeria whom I have had the privilege of interacting with I mean heavy weights whom have dire t access to the likes of tinubu , obj and even buhari.
Earlier when I didnt know better I would ask them why they don't run for office to help change things .. and the answer was always similar " this government isn't sincere about changing things and I cannot allow my name to be attached to such , in future if things change and they are ready they know where to find me.

Several years later I finally understood ...

I tire of trying to explain the same thing in so many ways hence I may not continue this as I am exhausted and have something to work on, so if I don't respond further do not be offended, I am just physically exhausted.

Enjoy the rest of your day

Cheers

Can you just answer the simple question? What are the duties of a technical adviser?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by chozzy: 6:17am On Sep 17, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

You said it all
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 17, 2019
Ladyjane5657 grin grin that was epic.. ground breaking speech... Your hubby is proud of you, baby

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2019
unbitchable:

Initially, you weren't adequately informed and when you were being informed, you're still acting ignorantly & arguing blindly.
Biko, take your meds & go to bed. He will keep up his criticisms and you will do nothing. you are a clown, Lol.

So you feel I wasn't informed before making my comments cos I decided to ignore you? A. TECHNICAL ADVISER HAS NO INPUT NOR INFLUENCE? GO VOTE FOR HIM TO BE PRESIDENT SO HE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE

YOU GUYS WILL WAIL IN THE NAME OF CRITICISM TILL THY KINGDOM COME

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 10:13am On Sep 17, 2019
Evercurious:

So you feel I wasn't informed before making my comments cos I decided to ignore you? A. TECHNICAL ADVISER HAS NO INPUT NOR INFLUENCE? GO VOTE FOR HIM TO BE PRESIDENT SO HE CAN MAKE THE CHANGE

YOU GUYS WILL WAIL IN THE NAME OF CRITICISM TILL THY KINGDOM COME
Clown, good morning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rats Damage President Buhari's Office - Garba Shehu / Groom Joins #EndSARS Protest In Wedding Suit Shortly After Court Wedding (Photo) / AIG Adamu Lafia Has Emerged As The New Acting IGP - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.