Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,280 members, 7,811,832 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:36 PM

Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React (56540 Views)

Peter Obi: Seun Onigbinde Leads Campaign To Crowdfund N10 Billion / Seun Onigbinde Resigns His Appointment. / 2019: Atiku Gave Me Greatest Fight Over Due Process Unit – Dr. Ezekwesil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
olarid01:

No, time is very crucial while doing the RIGHT thing. I'll leave it at that.

You left out the part where I said as long as the goal is achieved

Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery

JFK abolished segregation

Before and In-between these two we had several leaders but at the end of the day these two did the right thing

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Stillthebest: 3:21pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
he did the best thing. he followed his conscience. besides last year tweets he replied prof Pius adesanmi really shows that he won't accept government offer. he's a man of integrity.

Why did he first accept it In the first plac then? U don't resign on what you haven't accepted. You either reject. Except news media are using the wrong words.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:

Wow!, you think this is how it works?. in a system that is fundamentally flawed?
Give me a name of a technocrat that walked in there and made a turnaround and I will give you names of over 10 technocrats that walked in there and were lost in the doldrums.

So what was the essence of all his criticism? He should have gone first and if really he is a man of integrity as you said, he should resign when he feels hindered from performing..SIMPLE..
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by olarid01: 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

You left out the part where I said as long as the goal is achieved

Abraham Lincoln abolished slavery

JFK abolished segregation

Before and In-between these two we had several leaders but at the end of the day these two did the right thing

Cheers

If I may ask, what goal did his acceptance and resignation achieved?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Stillthebest: 3:23pm On Sep 16, 2019
12345DKO:

The names you mentioned above is why I even support him resigning because the truth is, as long as these men are in charge, they will never allow a sane person to work effectively and to full capacity because these men are not ready to let Nigeria work as it should.

So we should leave the country for them till when? My opinion is for him to try and if he's not allowed to perform, then resign. The ovation will be louder. Don't we need to take our country back?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by livebyday(m): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
olarid01:

If I may ask, what go did his acceptance and resignation achieved?

He sent a message.. no! His action said no

Think on that

Cheers
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by freeze001(f): 3:24pm On Sep 16, 2019
Exactly how much influence and power does an adviser have to change any system? If he had been appointed a minister or head of an agency where he'd have substantive decision making powers that would have made more sense than a mere siddon-look, boy-boy appointment.

boxypane:
You criticized a system, now they employed to help them make it better, you resigned. Who is deceiving who?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:25pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
so tell me why buhari media organisation are attacking him since last week appointment. why are they attacking him in the first place.

WERE YOU EXPECTING THEM TO JUBILATE? MUST EVERYONE BE HAPPY WITH AND FOR YOU ? EVERYMAN HAS GOT ENEMIES AND AS WELL FRIENDS.. THATS LIFE..DEAL WITH IT

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 16, 2019
jchioma:
The pressure was damn too much, and considering his stance against the government it was only proper that he resigns, if he had any modicum of self respect. His time will come, but not under this govt of mediocrity and hypocrisy.

Was he compelled to accept the appointment in the first place?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by olarid01: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Think on that

Cheers

Honestly, he sent no positive message. What his actions shows is that he has no direction, that he's nothing but a confused critic.
He would've sent that message loud and clear if he didn't accepted the appointment in d first place.

He accepted the appointment and also proceed to delete his previous tweets, what do you say to that?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
magzey:

Same with former minister of finance Adeosun ,he critises APC and they appoint him ,is good they send him parking useless man.
Adeosun resigned for a different reason.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Wanity(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
san316:
Dunno what to say. But he made people's opinion to influence his decision. If not, he wouldn't have accepted the offer in the first place before resigning. Coward

When you finish please off your data

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Gwayas(m): 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2019
angry angry angry

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by freeze001(f): 3:28pm On Sep 16, 2019
Adviser has no power to fight the dirty cabals operating in all these ministries run by the FG! He isn't even part of the decision-making processes so it's better for him to stay away and continue to be a voice to be heard and demand accountability than fall into the old trap of taking up a Trojan appointment and getting swallowed up by a system designed to fail!

boxypane:

How does this make him better, if he is good at criticizing, now he has been given the light to make it right, but where is he now. He is a useless critique.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:29pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

You need to see the bigger picture

What can one man do in a ministry run by caucuses of corrupt politicians?

It's good to be realistic! Life isn't a Hollywood movies where one good man suddenly makes a whole nation decide to start living each other etc

They tried to use an appointment to silence him, it's clear his criticisms hurts more

Read between the lines and think in broader terms

Cheers

Wonderful...

So the young man suddenly realised he needs to "read between lines and think in broader terms" after accepting the appointment?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 16, 2019
olarid01:

Honestly, he sent no positive message. What his actions shows is that he has no direction, that he's nothing but a confused critic.
He would've sent that message loud and clear if he didn't accepted the appointment in d first place.

He accepted the appointment and also proceed to delete his previous tweets, what do you say to that?

Abeg, you're so on point! Gbayi bi Tams Abraham

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:32pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

I think I addressed a similar counter from another member already.

Again I ask... When doing the right thing does time matter as long as the goal is achieved?

At the end of the day history will never say he was part of the corrupt government.

I remember pre politics Keyamo, he was a staunch government critic and human rights activist.. today we all know his moral compass is long gone.

Oshimola pre politics era was an NLC stallwart ... He entered politics and alas went the way of Keyamo.

It pays to know thy self and always act in the right way

His criticisms are hurtng them more
Cheers

THEN HE SHOULD HAVE GONE IN, BE 'ENTICED' AND STILL STOOD HIS GROUNDS ON THE NEEDED CHANGE AND RESIGN IF HINDERED..THEN II BE SURE THAT HE IS A MAN OF INTEGRITY AS YOU CLAIM.

DON'T YOU THINK SO?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by unbitchable(m): 3:34pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

So what was the essence of all his criticism? He should have gone first and if really he is a man of integrity as you said, he should resign when he feels hindered from performing..SIMPLE..
You can't build something on nothing. It seems you don't have enough understanding of the political complexities.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:35pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

Think on that

Cheers

No ko... Coke ni

He didn't remember to say NO when he was appointed abi? After accepting the appointment, he then remembered the two letter words "NO"

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:36pm On Sep 16, 2019
unbitchable:

You can't build something on nothing. It seems you don't have enough understanding of the political complexities.

Now if you want to come up with all these EXCUSES, then pls dont criticize any more cos you have no justification..

You seek a perfect environment to perform? Who gets that?

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:37pm On Sep 16, 2019
Stillthebest:

Why did he first accept it In the first plac then? U don't resign on what you haven't accepted. You either reject. Except news media are using the wrong words.
he only followed his conscience and he resigned peacefully. he's a man that have integrity.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

WERE YOU EXPECTING THEM TO JUBILATE? MUST EVERYONE BE HAPPY WITH AND FOR YOU ? EVERYMAN HAS GOT ENEMIES AND AS WELL FRIENDS.. THATS LIFE..DEAL WITH IT
so tell me why did lifeless buhari appoint him in the first place when he knows that his asslickers will be attacking him on every side.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
he only followed his conscience and he resigned peacefully. he's a man that have integrity.

That his conscience had better be dead on criticism

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:

I think I addressed a similar counter from another member already.

Again I ask... When doing the right thing does time matter as long as the goal is achieved?

At the end of the day history will never say he was part of the corrupt government.

I remember pre politics Keyamo, he was a staunch government critic and human rights activist.. today we all know his moral compass is long gone.

Oshimola pre politics era was an NLC stallwart ... He entered politics and alas went the way of Keyamo.

It pays to know thy self and always act in the right way

His criticisms are hurtng them more
Cheers

It is already in history that he accepted the appointment and went ahead to delete most of his posts on Twitter that was against the government only for him to later resign before even commencing duty.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Evercurious(f): 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2019
Johnnyessence:
so tell me why did lifeless buhari appoint him in the first place when he knows that his asslickers will be attacking him on every side.

And what makes you feel they all are having it rosy? Abegi free me.. ALL THESE MEN WEY GO MAKE NO IS FINISH AND TIME TO ACT AS A MAN DEM GO DISAPPEAR..

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

Now if you want to come up with all these EXCUSES, then pls dont criticize any more cos you have no justification..

You seek a perfect environment to perform? Who gets that?

All an average young Nigerian knows is destructive criticism.

Nothing more nothing less. Give them the chance to make a difference, they will start blowing grammar with plenty excuses

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Youngzedd(m): 3:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
NOC1:
Why are people speaking as if they don't know what is politics, in an organised country he will not accept an appointment from a regime he criticised so much, Just look at critics of Trump, May, Puttin etc they boycott anything that will get them close to those the criticise, the only medium of relationship is via protest.

For him to have accepted the offer on the first place i see him as a hungry, attention seeking activist who is doing whatever he said he is doing for political and material gain. He is just an average Nigerian without honour.

I admire the politics of APC, they knew that he will not survive the heat and they played him to the oven, he is just lucky that there was no sack letter because that is the punchline ready to be served. APC have tacitly succeeded in keeping him shut because this will forever be used against him whenever he tries to voice.

My friend said what APC have are bunch fixers who use blackmail to achieve their goals.

He is just an average 'corrupt' Nigerian. He resigned because of pressure, but it is late. APC has used it before He realised himself.

We have known who he is. Just an average Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
Kinolas, can you please stop mentioning my moniker on that thread?

I hope you won't also blame me if APL eludes you as well?
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Johnnyessence(m): 3:46pm On Sep 16, 2019
Evercurious:

And what makes you feel they all are having it rosy? Abegi free me.. ALL THESE MEN WEY GO MAKE NO IS FINISH AND TIME TO ACT AS A MAN DEM GO DISAPPEAR..
if they really love seun onigbinde and his works, they won't be attacking him since last week. seun has integrity here . let's speak truth to ourself please.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by Folksyharry(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers

This bold part is my thought too. That was how they made Ibe Kachukwu irrelevant too when he could have done a lot more.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by DeeMain(m): 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2019
omenka:
Compare Ezeks tweet with that of Banky. This woman though. I'm beginning to see some sense in the things people around here say about her.

We want the best from government but at the same time hate to see the best IN government.

How does one reconcile that? Wouldn't she gladly accept same if given? If sacrifices were good, why didnt she sacrifice a chance to travel to SA for a summit in protest against what they've done to our brothers and sisters in that country?

Smh

First, she was not paid to attend. Second, she went as as an activist citizen concerned about what is happening in Africa. Third, she was a lone voice inside SA helping secure Nigerians by pressuring their government and helping Nigerians.

She was and has been true to her activism, popular or unpopular, in or out of government.

My unpopular view.
Re: Seun Onigbinde Resignation: Oby Ezekwesil, Banky W, Others React by plaetton: 3:48pm On Sep 16, 2019
livebyday:
I respect a man of honor who stands by his convictions

This man has put to Shame the narative that goes "if you can't beat them join them"

We need more people like this in Nigeria

Case in point : Oshiomole, Keyamo, et al

You either stand for something, or fall for everything in life

Cheers

Edited

For those who don't understand

They are trying to silence him with an appointment where he will get big salary and bonuses and do nothing till his focus shifts to protecting his wealth hence he becomes like them

Again case Keyamo , Oshiomole et Al

Life isn't a Hollywood movie where one man refuses to bow and suddenly the whole nation starts singing and dancing change and revolution. It's more complex than that
This man isn't a Mary Sue! What can one man do in a ministry where from the administration , to accounts , to operations, to management are all corrupt and caucuses of thieves who only care about looting ?

If the government was sincere and not just intent on silencing his criticisms they should have appointed him Minister then he can effect change...an adviser can do nothing but earn fat checks and bonuses

Be realistic he didn't he best thing

Cheers
Well said.
The man has seen the rot and the stench, and has simply decided not to be a part of it.
Kudos to him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rats Damage President Buhari's Office - Garba Shehu / Groom Joins #EndSARS Protest In Wedding Suit Shortly After Court Wedding (Photo) / AIG Adamu Lafia Has Emerged As The New Acting IGP - Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.