Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,450,192 members, 5,520,357 topics. Date: Friday, 10 April 2020 at 07:48 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (65676 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Maria: The Sequel / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by domido(m): 2:05am On Mar 02
About this code, this is the point I have gotten to. You gave me a clue to unlock it,just like Basket I'm still not getting it. From cross and ladder I know,this is how far it is. Lemme see how far I can go with this again.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Kaycee9242(m): 8:20am On Mar 02
well done Larry, u too much bro
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nmezor(f): 11:08am On Mar 02
Thanks for the loveli update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Vulcanheph(m): 7:08pm On Mar 02
This code is freemason's cipher....,i came across it in dan brown's "The lost symbol "
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:05pm On Mar 08

Update 21

Peter Black met Khutumn again after two weeks; the girl had been delighted when he called and told her he would be visiting. Election dates were getting close and the team had been working tirelessly to convince people to vote for the candidate on Election Day. They had been bribing people with gifts and money. Even though Khutumn had frowned against this, her father had insisted that it must be done. According to him, this was the only way he could get enough votes to win the election. People are gullible and the candidate had decided to feast on their gullibility. The dregs of the society, especially the lazy one, are blinded by their myopia; their entitlement mentality has robbed them of reason. They believe the rich are responsible for their own wretchedness, and so they believe they are entitled to a part of the rich man’s wealth. While the rich man was working hard to gather his wealth, they were probably somewhere lazying around, drinking and smoking. But as soon as the hardworking man is successful, the lazy ones envy him and want a part of his riches. It is even worse when the rich one becomes rich in the same neighbourhood as them; they automatically expect the rich individual to make them rich too.

This same analogy applied to voters, too. The voters are the representation of the society; a large percentage of community voter are the poor. This is when the entitlement mentality in them really manifests itself; it robs them of their senses. The right candidate to lead them is the one who showers them with gifts and money during campaigns. They consider him open-handed and so he is the right person to assume the post. The candidate with integrity that refuses to give them money is seen as the wrong one who does not deserve the position. And so as soon as these dumb voters are given a few paltry sums of money, or some grains of rice, they go ahead to cast their votes for that person; but the candidate is not exactly generous. He knows exactly what he’s doing; he knows that the money he has been giving out to these people is only investments that would return to him in folds. He knows that these people will pay back every kobo and more from their teeth and sweat.

As soon as he assumes the office, he ignores the promises he made and focuses on retrieving all the money he had spent during campaigns. He increases the people’s taxes and levies and bills them a lot more for the social amenities they are supposed to get for free. He makes their lives miserable as he fills his pockets and homes with a lot more money than he had spent. The people begin to wail and cry; they begin to complain that the man did not fulfill all his promises. They will have forgotten that they have sold their birthrights during the campaign process.

The candidate lives his tenures in paradise as he accumulates more money. When his tenure ends, the same process continues. It’s an unending cycle because the people are always blinded by their greed. Another candidate gives them carrots during the campaign process and then whips them with canes after the campaign. The people will continue wailing but nothing will ever get done. It had always been like that.

Khutumn’s father was one of these candidates who planned to wave carrots in the faces of the people only to kick them in the behind when he finally got the power. His campaign had been the most powerful and his influence had grown a lot bigger. There was no doubt that he was going to win the election. He planned to make the people grovel when he assumed office. He never liked the people; he didn’t enjoy associating himself with them; he only did it because it would boost his chance to win the election. He had visited the hospital and take pictures with the sick kids therein. He wished all the kids would just die.

Everyone liked him; he was a kind man he would be the saviour of the community. Children composed songs in his name and older people wrote him letters of appreciation and support. He was their messiah. But Peter Black saw through the ruse; he knew exactly the man’s plan. He knew who the man was – perhaps he knew him more than any other person around. They had a history together and he had the mission of taking his revenge. He wanted to strike the man in a place he would never recover from. He knew exactly how to do it.

“You’re welcome Marcus,” Khutumn greeted Peter excitedly, “I’m so glad to see you.”

“The feeling is mutual,” replied Black, smiling warmly, “How are you doing?”

“So far so good, I think the people support my father. If I was a betting person, I’d stake a huge sum of money on my father winning the election.”

“I wouldn’t advise you to place such a bet.”

“Excuse me,” Khutumn’s expression changed. “What do you mean by that statement?”

“You heard me right. Your father doesn’t have a 100% guarantee that he would win the election. His opponents are also working really hard. You guys in the team need to up your ante; you have to put in extra effort or there would be gross disappointment.”

“That’s impossible. My dad’s name is on the tongue of almost everyone in this community. People like him; he’s their favourite. There’s no way he’ll lose the election.”

Peter scoffed and stuck his hands in his jeans pockets. “You don’t know anything about the people. I am closer to them than you are. I grew up in the slum; I know how they think. Don’t think they’re not going to abandon your father when it’s time to place their votes. It has happened before in the past.”

“Marcus, why are you being so pessimist?”

“I’m being realistic. I’m sorry if my words sound harsh but they are the truth. I’m the only one around who is seeing things for what they are. You don’t know what’s really going on out there.”

“So what do you think is the problem?”

Peter stared at her and said, “You.”

Khutumn was shocked. “Me? How?”

“If you father doesn’t win this election, it’s your fault. And from the way things are going on out there, there’s likelihood that he’s not going to win.”

“How am I the problem?”

“You’ve been regulating the amount of gifts and money being shared to the public. Your father’s opponents are spending a lot more than him. Father is on the last rung of the ladder while his opponents are already climbing to the top.”

This revelation seemed to surprise Khutumn immensely. “But that’s preposterous! We’ve been spending a fortune in campaigns.”

“You’ve obviously not been spending enough,” Peter said wearily, “Where is your dad? I need to speak with him.”

She regarded him with a suspicious gaze. “Why do you want to see him?”

“I want to bring his attention to the problem going on,” replied Peter, “He needs to know the reason why he might not win the election.”

“Are you planning on throwing me under the bus?”
Peter laughed. “You know I would never do that to you.”

“Okay. Wait here, I’ll go in to call him.”

Peter relaxed in the big living room as Khutumn climbed the stairs to the top floor and disappeared. About ten minutes later, the candidate appeared and came slowly down the stairs. Khutumn followed behind her father; she was staring at Peter as she came down the stairs. All she was seeing was how really good looking Peter Black was. She wished the young man could be hers. She was ready to sacrifice everything to prove how much she liked him.

The sat opposite Peter Black, his daughter sat beside him.

“Hello Marcus,” said he “It’s such an honour to have you here.”

Peter bowed. “The honour is all mine, Honourable.”

“Khutumn said you wanted to see me. I hope there’s nothing wrong, Marcus.”

“Well I came here so that we can make sure that your winning is certain. New revelations have come up; it seems like your opponent are winning the hearts of the people.”

The man immediately looked serious. “How is that possible? I don’t think you know what you’re saying. If you had been present in the last rally, you wouldn’t have said what you just told me. The love the people showed me was massive.” He was smiling to himself.
Peter frowned. “That is where the problem is. You think the people love you. Don’t ever make the mistake of thinking they like you whatsoever. What they like is your money. If you don’t give them that, then you are nothing to them. The only language they understand is the language of money and gifts.”

“But we’ve been doing that.”

“Apparently, you’ve not been doing enough. One of your opponents, Senator Adeboye, was sharing radio in his last campaign. He won a lot of hearts. He thought about what the people needed most and gave it to them.”

“Radio?” the man was befuddled. “Are you sure about what you’re saying? Where did he get the money to share radios to the people?”

“He most probably borrowed money from the bank to do that. He knew he would get the money back in folds when he won. He’s not scared of spending. He’s determined to win this election by all cost. One other thing, he has been in Lagos all his life; he knew exactly how to please the people. He’s their favourite now.”

Peter could see that the man sitting before him was beginning to get nervous. He continued speaking. “As a matter of fact, Honourable, you are at the bottom of the scale. But if you can surpass Senator Adeboye, you will jump over all the others and stand at the top. The only thing you should be looking forward to achieving now is to supersede that senator. Let all your opponents know you really mean business; let them be aware that your eyes are set on that throne and you are ready to do anything to sit in it. The strong takes it by force. My question to you now is that are you strong enough to win this election, Honourable?”

The man looked doubtful. “But we have spent a lot of money already during campaigns.”

“Compared to what others are doing, you have spent nothing, sir. I’m sorry if my words seem harsh, but I’m the only one who can tell you how things really are. If you really want to win this election, you have to do a lot better than you have been doing in the past.”

“What do you suggest we do?”

“Blow the minds of your opponents. Let them know you can offer a lot more than they can. Stop sharing a few currency notes and cups of rice; explode on people massively. Take them all by surprise. Blow their minds away. Of course you are going to get back every kobo you spend when you win the election, sir.”

“Are you suggesting I also share radios to the people too? That’s a fortune. I don’t have such a huge sum of money.”

Peter shook his head. “I’m not asking you to share radios too. That’s no longer original; someone else has done it. You have to do something unique for yourself. If you start sharing radios now, people will see that you’re only copying your opponent. That won’t be good for your campaign. You have to do something else, something more powerful.”

“What’s more powerful than sharing radios?” asked the candidate “That’s the apex of everything.”

“With all due respect, sir, do you want to win this election or not?”

“Of course I do. I have invested too much in it not to win.”

“Then think about what is more powerful than radio.”

The man frowned in confusion. It was his daughter that spoke up.

“Televisions?”

“Exactly!” said Peter. “Honourable, the only way for you to win this election is by sharing televisions.”

“What!” the man jolted up as if goosed by a loose string. “What nonsense are you saying?”

“Calm down, sir. Please sit down.”

The man sat back slowly. “You are asking me to do the impossible, Marcus.”

“It’s very possible. Get rid of the mentality of impossibility. There’s nothing impossible for anyone to do. If you put your mind to it, you can achieve it. If someone can be sharing radios, then definitely another can share televisions. I want you to think deeply about what I am telling you. Your opponents have no inhibitions about spending as long as they have the money to spend. They know what they will gain when they win. I want you to key fast into this idea before someone else takes it up. What you think is impossible for you may be possible for other candidates.”

“But I don’t have that kind of money with me. How do you expect me to share televisions to people? We’re talking about thousands of people here. It has never been done before. Even presidential aspirants have never tried it in the past.”

“Then be the first to do it. You’ll be setting a pace for others. If you can do this, I guarantee that your winning is certain. You will be giving the people exactly what they need. You will share the televisions to them and they will sit in their homes and watch you win the election from the same televisions. Maybe you don’t know this; not many people own a television set in this community, even in the whole of Lagos state at large. The most any average family can own is a radio set. On every street, not more than one person owns a television. Imagine people having to peep through their neighbours’ windows or door-cracks because they also wanted to watch televisions. If you start sharing the televisions, you will be their messiah. Nothing, absolutely nothing will stop you from winning the election. You name will be written in the sands of time. Nothing else is more important to the people than television.”

“What about video cassette player,” said Khutumn, “What if another candidate decides to share video cassette players to the people instead? Won’t he win the heart of the people over my dad?”

Peter laughed. “You asked a good question, but it’s impossible. First and foremost, without a television set, a video cassette player is worthless. I don’t know which is more expensive between the two but television is definitely more important. But you can decide to share both the television and video cassette player if you can.”

“Absolutely not!” said the man, “I’m sticking with only televisions.”

Peter smiled. He knew the man was hooked in his trap.

10 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:06pm On Mar 08

THE COMPLETE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS FOR N500 ONLY. HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_three/31369

The next update shall be posted on Sunday. If you can't wait, you can get the PDF of subsequent available updates for N50 each, or of the full book at N1000 only. Thanks for following. Don't forget to buy Book 1 and Book 2. They are both available for sale on OkadaBooks. Alternatively, you can contact me directly for the PDFs.

God bless you.

LSD smiley

+2349061754872
larrysundynasty@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:08pm On Mar 08
I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who has been buying my books. Words can't express how grateful I am to you.

May God bless you all abundantly. Thank you. Thank you so much.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nmezor(f): 4:22pm On Mar 08
Thanks for the beautiful update Oga Larry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Ann2012(f): 4:41pm On Mar 08
Peter sure knows how to brain wash someone...

Thanks for the update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by YeSJacky(m): 6:39pm On Mar 08
Please start the book 4 and refer readers of this one to okadabooks
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by fieryy(f): 7:33pm On Mar 08
So I've bought and read the book already, but I'm here for the comments grin

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Kaycee9242(m): 8:26pm On Mar 08
Larry well done
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by pelvicky(m): 9:06pm On Mar 08
grin grin
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Zacksnow(m): 9:31pm On Mar 08
You are the boss man i luv ur rate of creativity, am officially making request 4 u 2 be my mentor, am 17 already writting my first novel title other side of caros life inspire by sidney sheldon from other of midnight and memory of mid night, i need guardians support asap critics and correction
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Zacksnow(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08
I Have read books i never thougth i wil ever see a great writer in my own lovely native country, oga larrysun i jst want 2 let you knw dat you are second on my best list of writter dats you are second 2 my sidney sheldon weldone sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:14pm On Mar 08
[quote author=LarrySun post=87263842][/quote]

Peter Black is really out for this man, I wonder what his plans are..

Bravo Larrysun..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by UnusualJhay(m): 10:35pm On Mar 09
E be for Papa khutumn abi na Quantum particle grin angry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by temmytee007(m): 9:00pm On Mar 11
A lovely and captivating story you've got here larrysun
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:55am On Mar 15

Update 22

Basket was obsessed about the code. He kept every free moment he had staring at it; working on it all over again. Every attempt gave him the same result. He knew he was doing it right, he knew that was exactly the way he was supposed to break the code, but yet there was something missing. He thought deeply about it. At this juncture, he knew the revelation had nothing to do with unscrambling the texts. There was something else; he had applied every method he could think of; he had consulted every book about cipher and encryption; none was able to provide him the right answer. He had tried placing his answer in front of a mirror but still nothing made any sense in the text reflection. He had read in one of those books that some secret codes are written (or even printed) on tissue paper. Anyone with a copy and intended to get rid of it after reading the code would just have to drop the tissue in water and the booklet would dissolve. That’s a great way to destroy evidence. Coding and encryption has been called a pure language by some fanatics.

He took the code with him everywhere he went, especially to work. He would spend hours staring at it helplessly. He knew the more time he wasted trying to solve this thing, the more time Peter had out there to escape further from him. But he knew Peter; he knew he would not just escape from him like that. Peter had brought him the challenge and he would want to stick around to prove to Basket that he was smarter and more intelligent. If he knew of anything, he knew Peter was not scared of him; the bastard was just messing with him. He enjoyed the game of hide-and-seek they were playing with each other. However, Basket consoled himself with the assurance that he would end up with the last laugh. He would be the one smiling when he strapped the handcuff on the thief’s wrists. He would be the winner in the end.

He was still in his office, the paper on the table in front of him, when a strange call came into the precinct. He didn’t know about it until later. He was too busy with finding the answer to the note to bother himself about anything else.

Constable Abbah was at the front desk when the phone rang. He picked it up. “Hello, who is this please?”

“Hello, this is Officer Cecilia from the metropolis police station.”

“Good morning, Officer Cecilia. How may I help you?”

“Oh, I just want to find out if the thief had been caught. I’ve not heard anything on the news since the past couple of days.”

Abbah frowned. He was a pleasant man with a nice personality. He was a proof that not all policemen were nasty people. He never raised his voice on anyone and he was always carrying a smiling face. He had requested to be placed at the counter because he did not support the manner his colleagues operated on public assignments. They exploited the public and collected bribes. They harassed even people who did not break the law; and because Abbah knew there was nothing he could do to stop these corrupt policemen, he decided not to associate himself with them. He was not very liked in the station either because he would never collect money for bail either. He was an upstanding man to the core.

“What thief are you talking about?”

“Maria,” responded the caller.

“Maria? Who is Maria?”

“Are you telling me that you don’t know Maria? The criminal who escaped from the hospital about four months ago?”

“Oh, Maria! Now I remember. But what makes you think she has been caught?”

“I received a call from a young man about two weeks ago. He claimed to know the whereabouts of Maria. He wanted to speak directly to OJB. I directed him to this station; I told him to call here. I can’t believe he didn’t call. He was probably a prank caller. Damn him. I knew he was lying. Sorry to bother you. Good bye.”

“Oh, wait, wait! What was the caller’s name, please?”

“I don’t think I can remember. Yam or something.”

“Was it ‘Yinka’?”

“Oh yes, exactly. He called himself Yinka. Did he call?”

“Yes, he called. I was the person who received the call.”

“Oh, is that right? Then what happened? Did he speak with OJB?”

“I don’t really know if he did. You see, OJB was not in office the day the boy called. I had to give him the home phone number of OJB because he said the information he had was urgent. He didn’t tell me he was calling about Maria.”

“Well,” said Cecilia, “It’s either he didn’t call the home address or OJB decided to hush it up. If his intel was true, I expected Maria to be behind bars by now. Anyway, that’s not really any of my business. I’m just doing some follow-ups. Take care of yourself. Bye.” The call was terminated.

After the call, Abbah was thinking hard about what he had just heard. He remembered giving Yinka the address of Officer John Balewa’s home. Could it be that the person did not call? He would have asked OJB himself when he returned to the office last week if the information had not escaped his mind. He probably wouldn’t have remembered anything if Officer Cecilia had not called.

He rose from his seat and decided to go and ask OJB himself. His mind told him Yinka did not make that call. As he was walking towards John Balewa’s door, a thought struck him and he stopped. What if Cecilia was right? What if Yinka had actually called and JB had decided to hush it up. Officer John Balewa had struck him as a man of integrity but he could not really trust anyone, especially his fellow police officers. He knew exactly who he would go to with this information. He turned around and knocked on the door of the D.P.O – Mr Gold.

“Come in,” the man’s raspy voice answered.

Abbah stepped in carefully. He knew how hot-tempered the man could be. Mr Gold was the last person in the station he wanted to have anything to do with, but the recent development required the knowledge of no other person than this man. Apart from OJB, Mr Gold was the only person who was also passionate about putting Maria in jail. This was the man who would tell if OJB was compromised or not; besides, the two men were practically family members. Mr Gold was the only one who would find out if his son-in-law was hiding anything.

“What do you want, Constable Abbah?”

Knowing that the man had no time for frivolities, Abbah went straight to the point. “About two weeks ago, someone called in and told me he needed to speak with Officer Balewa. He said he needed to tell him something urgent. Officer Balewa was not in office at the time so I gave the caller the phone number of the officer’s home.”

“You did what?”

Abbah was momentarily scared. “I gave him the phone number of Officer John Balewa’s house?”

“Why would you do that, Abbah?”

“He said he had a piece of information to pass across to him. He told me it was urgent.”

“And did he tell you what that information was?”

“No, he said he would only tell Officer Balewa.”

“You are a very dumb and stupid police officer. I should suspend you for what you just told me. Why the hell would you give a total stranger the residential phone number of a police officer? Did you know what you did there? You put the life of John and his wife at risk. You put my daughter’s life at risk due to your stupidity.”

Abbah cast his face downward. “I’m so sorry, sir.”

“Is that everything you came to tell me?”

“No, sir. It turned out that the information the caller had was about the whereabouts of Maria the thief.”

Mr Gold sat upright. “Maria?”

“Yes, sir. But I don’t know if the caller was able to reach Officer Balewa. If he had, I expect that Maria would have been arrested and returned to prison by now.”

“Have you asked John?”

“No sir. I came to you first.”

“Why me?”

“You’re the superior. I feel that you need to know what I just knew. I’m scared Officer Balewa might have covered up the information.”

“What makes you think he would do that?”

“I’m not sure, but if the caller really called the house and his information was true, then obviously someone covered up the news. That is why I came to inform you first. Officer Balewa may be compromised.”

The man stared at Abbah for some time, then he said, “Okay, thank you. You can go. I’ll deal with it. But don’t forget that I’ll find a way to punish you for your stupidity.”

Abbah disappeared looking cowered. He wished he hadn’t knocked on the door. Perhaps he should have confronted Officer JB himself. It could be that Yinka never made that call. But how could he be so sure? What if he really called and OJB claimed he didn’t receive any call? How would he know the man was lying? He returned to his desk and tried to forget about everything.

Mr Gold raised his heavy bulk from his seat and decided to ask his son-in-law about this new information himself. He did not want to believe that John Balewa had turned too. It was hard to imagine seeing him become a corrupt officer; he knew how Balewa had dedicated so much into arresting Maria and her cohorts, and he also knew how upset Balewa had been when she escaped from him. It wasn’t Basket would now shut the door on a new information concerning the location of the legendary Maria. No, his son-in-law couldn’t be corrupted. He was a man of integrity, and that was why he, Mr Gold, had given the officer his daughter. He was a fine man, and Rhoda deserved no other person except him.

He opened the door of his office and walked down the corridor to locate Balewa’s office. He knocked but stepped in before Balewa could respond. “Hello daddy,” Balewa stood up and shook his father-in-law’s hand. “Why do you have to come to my office? You should have buzzed me on the telecom to come to your office.”

“It’s okay. I’ve arrived here already; it would be useless to continue talking about how better I should have made my appearance. Let’s sit down, please.”

They both sat down. Mr Gold threw the question directly to Balewa in an accusing manner.

“Why didn’t you tell me you had information about Maria’s whereabouts?”

Balewa frowned. “I don’t understand what you’re talking about, sir. If I knew where Maria was I wouldn’t be sitting here all day.”

“That’s not what I heard. It seems like you have been playing your cards to your chest lately. You have been keeping secrets. From what I learnt, you were helping Maria.”

“What!” Balewa could not believe what he was hearing. “Why would I ever do that?”

“You tell me.”

“I don’t understand anything you are saying.”

“Someone called your home about two weeks ago and told you about the whereabouts of Maria, but you have refused to do anything about it yet so far.”

“I didn’t receive any call.”

“Stop insulting my intelligent by lying, young man.”

“I swear to you, I didn’t receive any ca–” He stopped suddenly. “When did you say the person called?”

“Two weeks ago.”

“I was not in town two weeks ago. I went to my hometown.”

“Someone definitely picked up the phone.”

“Oh my God!”

“What is it?”

“It’s your daughter!”

Mr Gold frowned. “My daughter? What has Rhoda got to do with this?”

“She must have received the call.”

“If she did, why didn’t she tell you?”

“Oh my goodness! She knows who Maria is; I told her everything. She knew Maria was with Peter Black.”

“You’re not making sense John.”

“Your daughter had a history with Peter Black.”

“What history?”

“That’s not important now. What’s important is that she might have received the call and then alerted Maria and Peter Black.”

“Are you saying my daughter must have helped those thieves to escape capture?”

“I’m not sure. I will have to go home and confront her about it. I don’t want to believe Rhoda is involved.”

“And what if she’s involved?” the man stared suspiciously at Basket.

“I may have to bring her in,” said Basket, “She’s an accomplice.”

“You will arrest your wife?”

Basket spread his hands. He was already feeling betrayed yet again. He couldn’t believe Rhoda would help Peter again after everything he had done for her. He was livid. He stared back in his father-in-law’s eyes and replied, “I will have no choice. If I discovered that she hid the information from me and helped those thieves, I will have no choice but to arrest her as an accomplice.”

“You will do no such thing, John!”

“Why wouldn’t I?” he looked at the man in the face. “What would you have told me to do if it was not your daughter who did it? I’m sure you would have insisted on the person’s arrest. Now because you are the chief of police, you think you and your daughter are above the law? Is that what you’re trying to tell me? Your daughter has committed a grave crime and she will have to pay for that.”

“Listen to me very carefully, John. If you arrest my daughter, then your marriage with her will come to an end. I will die before I allow her live another night under your roof. Maybe you don’t know, I am very influential; and I am telling you right now that even if you arrest her, Rhoda is not going to see the walls of a prison. I will use everything I have in my resource to make sure she does not go to jail. But as for you, I will destroy you. I made you who you are right now, and I can also take everything away from you. Because you are now a policeman, you think you can do whatever you like to whomever you want? No, my friend, things do not work out that way. It’s your choice; choose between Rhoda and your career.”

John Balewa stood up and crossed the desk to face the man. “You don’t scare me, old man. I will arrest your daughter and there’s absolutely nothing you will do about it. And if you stand on my way, I will bring you down too.”

“Then let the battle line be drawn, John Balewa.”

5 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:56am On Mar 15

THE COMPLETE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS FOR N500 ONLY. HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_three/31369

The next update shall be posted on Sunday. If you can't wait, you can get the PDF of subsequent available updates for N50 each, or of the full book at N1000 only. Thanks for following. Don't forget to buy Book 1 and Book 2. They are both available for sale on OkadaBooks. Alternatively, you can contact me directly for the PDFs.

God bless you.

LSD smiley

+2349061754872
larrysundynasty@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by jayman00004(m): 2:09pm On Mar 15
this one deep ooo
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by honest1992(m): 2:25pm On Mar 15
Thanks for update
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by BentleyJnr: 4:10pm On Mar 15
shocked Wow,
'the battle line has been drawn' I luv that line, dope. Once again, LarrySun, ***u're the man.......!!!*** More banana to your MONKEY....
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by domido(m): 5:50pm On Mar 15
OJB they don't work this way. He's so over confident.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Fazemood(m): 6:08pm On Mar 15
John is just plain stupid. Instead of arresting his wife, he should find a way to get information from her. His approach will definitely cause her to hide important informations as well. Damn arrogant and stupid fellow this black policeman is.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by okeyben10: 6:22pm On Mar 15
Basky b feeling so self righteous.

Imagine mentioning Rhoda's history with black to her father. How about sharing his own history with black and doing time for all d crimes they both pulled?

Abeg basky go look bush!

Anyway, i no of his weakness for rhoda

2 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:18pm On Mar 15
jayman00004:
this one deep ooo
Thanks.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:19pm On Mar 15
honest1992:
Thanks for update
Thanks for following.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:19pm On Mar 15
BentleyJnr:
shocked Wow,
'the battle line has been drawn' I luv that line, dope. Once again, LarrySun, ***u're the man.......!!!*** More banana to your MONKEY....
Monkey! Hahahahaha! What an incredible metaphor!
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:21pm On Mar 15
domido:
OJB they don't work this way. He's so over confident.
We tend to uphold the law more when we sit behind the judgemental desk.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:22pm On Mar 15
Fazemood:
John is just plain stupid. Instead of arresting his wife, he should find a way to get information from her. His approach will definitely cause her to hide important informations as well. Damn arrogant and stupid fellow this black policeman is.
A person blinded with a feeling of constant betrayal does not always see reason.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:23pm On Mar 15
okeyben10:
Basky b feeling so self righteous.

Imagine mentioning Rhoda's history with black to her father. How about sharing his own history with black and doing time for all d crimes they both pulled?

Abeg basky go look bush!

Anyway, i no of his weakness for rhoda
A madman would only mow his own frontyard if given the chance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Roomates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 280
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.