Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,483,094 members, 5,622,711 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 May 2020 at 05:05 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (78768 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Maria: The Sequel / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by honest1992(m): 8:04pm On Apr 13
Thanks boss
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by alabig(m): 9:51pm On Apr 13
Well done larrysun.
I thought it was Aristotle that ran out of his bath naked shouting Eureka?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nickshrapnel(m): 10:59pm On Apr 13
alabig:
Well done larrysun.
It was Archimedes
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:46am On Apr 14
Peter Black is still taunting Basket.. I can only wonder how long this will go on..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Afz9095(m): 8:13am On Apr 14
larrysun . ooin!!! you are doing well. another code from peter black . #MORSECODE
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14
alabig:
Well done larrysun.
It was Archimedes.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Uzyvicks(f): 6:16am On Apr 15
My instinct had been telling me the first line is 'things fall apart'
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by scott04(m): 8:52am On Apr 15
larry and mystery be like 5&6
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by ufss(m): 10:53pm On Apr 15
way to go boss
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nmezor(f): 12:00am On Apr 16
Thanks for the updates oga Larry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:49pm On Apr 19
I didn't know it was Sunday already. The week moves so fast.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:50pm On Apr 19
EkopSparoAyara:
Wow, Maria is Pregnant too.. Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Black..
I have never believed in coincidence, I won't take this as one..Something big is definitely coming..

Basky and Blackie, that brotherly spot is still there.. I have missed their conversation, it felt like old times..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..
Don't mind this antispam bot..
Yeah, they had the best times, and the worst times.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:51pm On Apr 19
jacy346:
Maria will gives birth to baby boy while Rhoda gets baby girl
You're good oga Larry.
Really? Lol! Let's wait and see.
Kaycee9242:
Larry well done
Thanks bro. smiley
nkemdave:

Mr. Larry, u are really keeping me glued to ur wonderful story. Nice work bro and more ink to ur pen
Thanks for following.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:52pm On Apr 19
doctorexcel:
Wow. This story is too loaded
Awwwwww! Thank you so much.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:53pm On Apr 19
honest1992:
Happy Sunday
Same to you.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:57pm On Apr 19
BentleyJnr:
Am feelin' your topnotch swag from here, man, you're the best.

LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun, LarrySun.
You're the MAN

Hahahahaha! Thank you, bro. cheesy
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:58pm On Apr 19
Rumpleslitskin:
Finally oo.
I don refresh tire.
Mr Larry you are great
Hehehe! Sorry for the delay.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19
EkopSparoAyara:
I can only wonder what plans Peter Black has for Chief Salami.. He is way too kind right now.
Oh Chief Salami, if only you know what is coming for you..

Yinka, it's not abnormal that you should wallow in self pity. Well, Maria is safe, at least for now..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..
...at least for now

This touched me. cry

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 8:59pm On Apr 19
Ann2012:
The way Chief Salami will be disgraced ehn..... I'm patiently waiting

Thanks for the update
LOL! We shall see.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19
arfezces:
Thanks boss, the source of your wisdom will not dry by the grace of God...you shall Excel z���
Amen. And you too.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:00pm On Apr 19
jadeliyi:
wow larrysun this is breathtaking..
kudos bro
Thanks.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:02pm On Apr 19
domido:
Peter want to kill Basket with frustration. Its obvious grin cheesy
They are both engaged in psychological warfare.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19
Ann2012:
Walahi, Peter is mad cheesy

Thanks for the update
Hahahahaha!
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:03pm On Apr 19
Uthman51:
grin aswear peter na madman grin
grin
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19
dhesire:
Lemme try this:

Larry ma pa mi now!
Larry ma pa mi now!
Larry ma pa mi now!
Hehehe! You won't die now.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:04pm On Apr 19
Uzyvicks:
My instinct had been telling me the first line is 'things fall apart'
LOL! Your instinct was right.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by cassbeat(m): 9:21pm On Apr 19
Bro why no update today?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:21pm On Apr 19
scott04:
larry and mystery be like 5&6
cool cool cool cool
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:30pm On Apr 19

Update 27

III

It was Valentine’s Day – February 14th; this was the first time Peter Black and Maria would celebrate this moment of love together. In fact, this was the first time Peter would celebrate Valentine’s Day with any woman actually. He had prepared well for this day; he wanted to show Maria how much he truly loved her. She was his lifeline; it was because of her that his life had been meaningful for the past one year. She was not only his wife, she was also going to be the mother of his child; what better gift could a woman give a man? He would spend every day of his life appreciating her, worshipping her, attending to her every need.

Her pregnancy was beginning to become quite noticeable – she was six months gone; in three months, she would be putting to bed, bringing to the world a newborn from the Black lineage. At first, Peter had been doubtful about what to do with a baby, but as soon as he had learnt that Basket too was expecting child, he had been excited. If Basket deserved an offspring, then he, Peter, deserved one too. And it was incredible how both women got pregnant in the same month; probably the same week as far as he could tell. It was quite remarkable.

He took her to Amusement Park; this was a place most lovers usually went on Valentine’s Day. He had always been hearing about how interesting the Park was and he always looked forward to going there with the person he loved. They had taken pictures and ridden on horseback. They both ate to their fill and watched young lovers as they strolled past them. Some hurdled themselves in corners and made promises of love. Peter and Maria found a quiet place to sit. He placed his hand on her belly and waited for the baby to move, what he termed as ‘kicking’. He loved feeling her belly and observing the movement of the life inside of her.

“What do you think is going to be the gender of the child?” Maria asked, smiling at her husband. Her face was glowing from her smooth skin.

“A boy, of course,” he replied immediately and looked in his wife’s eyes. She had never been more beautiful as she was today. Indeed, pregnancy looked well on her. Even though her belly was already swollen, Maria didn’t look out of shape. As a matter of fact, she actually looked sexier. Naughty thoughts were beginning to run through Peter’s mind; he knew exactly what he was going to do to her on the bed when they got home. Usually because of her pregnancy, they were usually stuck to one style; but he had just conjured up a new style in his head, and it was totally safe for the baby. He was sure she would enjoy it immensely.

“How sure are you? It could be a girl.” She stroked his black hair.

“I know it’s a boy; something in me is telling me it’s a boy.”

“We can find out if it’s a boy or not from the hospital.”

“No, I want to find out during childbirth. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer it the ancient way. I don’t like spoilers, you know?”

“Well, do you think your friend would have checked the gender of his own child by now?”

Peter smiled. “If Basket is still the same person I used to know, he would have tried to know in the first week.”

“How are you going to repair the rift between you two?”

“Basket is not my enemy; he can never be my enemies. After everything that has happened between us, I still love him like a brother. I have nothing against him. The problem we are having is just because he is unable to let go of the past.”

“Well, I hope that someday his wounds would finally heal up. I can imagine the level of emotional torture he went through.”

Peter looked at her, “Wait, whose side are you on?”

Maria smiled at him. “You know I will always be on your side. I will always be with you. I’m just trying to put myself in his shoes. It may be hard for me too to forgive a friend that betrays my trust. Do you remember the story of Bantu I told you about?”

“The one that made away with your money?”

“Exactly that one. How do you expect me to forgive him for what he did?”

“But it’s only money. I wish my betrayal was only based on money; I would have slept peacefully after all these years. But it’s not; I did the unthinkable. No friend was supposed to do what I did to another friend. But it has been six years for crying out loud. He made away with the bag of money I found but I forgave him without a second thought. Why couldn’t he forgive and let bygones be bygones. He’s just determined to destroy me. That was what he said when he woke up in the hospital before leaving me. He promised to do everything he can to destroy me.”

“This is why we have to leave far away as soon as we can.”

Peter nodded. “I agree with you. Just give me exactly two months. After two months, we’ll leave finally. He would never hear from either of us again.”

“Two months?”

“Yes, two months.”

“Is that a promise?”

“I cross my heart.”

“I’m holding you to your promise, Peter Black.”

“If everything goes according to plan, I will have nothing to do with this state anymore.”

“Where will we go?”

“Oh, that was a slip of tongue. Let me rephrase: If all goes according to plan, I will have nothing to do with this country anymore.”

Maria’s face brightened up. “Really?”

“Yes, we will leave this country.”

“Where would we go?”

“How about England?”

“That’s so nice. Oh Peter, you don’t know how happy I would be when we finally leave this country. I’m tired of this country. I’m tired of the injustice that flies around. Almost everyone is corrupt.”

“Shall we leave? Let’s go home, I’ve got a surprise for you.”

“Today has been such a wonderful one. Thank you, Peter Black.”

“You’re welcome, Black Maria.”

She punched him tenderly on the shoulder, “Don’t be naughty. That reminds me; what name do you hope to give your child? Provided he’s a boy?”

“I’ve not really thought about any name. When the time is right, I’ll give him a proper name.”

“And if she’s a girl?”

Peter laughed, “I’ll leave the christening to you.”

She punched him again and they both rose to leave. They walked slowly out of the park, putting their hands across each other’s shoulders. Maria was about an inch taller that her husband but it would only take a careful observer to notice. The difference in height was usually noticed whenever Maria put on a pair of high-heeled shoes. Peter never minded though; her height was part of the reason why he loved her so much. She was perfect for him in all ramifications.

They arrived at the bus-stop at exactly 6pm.

By 6:15, they were in a public transport vehicle. For some reason, Maria kept looking behind. She was scared Basket could be following behind them. There was no way Basket could be following them now, she knew that, but she was still being unsettled. Perhaps the pregnancy was making her unnecessarily paranoid. She wondered why her mind was suddenly not at rest; she could feel it within herself that something terrible was going to happen soon. It was a strange premonition. A thought occurred to her and she was immediately scared. It seemed like the baby within her wasn’t safe; it was like something bad was going to happen and she would lose the baby.

“Peter, I don’t feel fine.”

“What’s the matter, baby?”

“I don’t know. I have a feeling that something bad is going to happen. I don’t really know what it is but I’m scared.”

He drew her closer to himself. “I am here with you. Nothing is going to happen to you.

"I’m not talking about myself.”

“What’s bothering your mind?”

She wanted to tell him about what she felt but she couldn’t. She didn’t want him worrying about something that may probably not happen. It wasn’t like she felt something happen to the baby inside of her, but still she was unrest.

“I don’t know. I suddenly feel sick.”

Peter smiled at her. “Maybe it’s the food you ate. You know you ate food enough for a battalion of soldiers.”

“Oh come on, Peter. Don’t be ridiculous. Besides, I eat for two right now. Don’t blame me for eating too much. Everything is your fault. You put the baby in me, darling.”

“You’re right, baby. Eat as much as you can; I want my child to come out healthy and strong.”

“You want me to become fat, don’t you?”

“You’re already fat, baby. When was the last time you stood in front of a mirror?”

She gasped. “How dare you, Peter?” she punched him lightly.

Peter laughed.

The other passengers in the car smiled at the young couple as they played like kids with each other. Most of them in the vehicle prayed they find someone with whom they could share as much love as these two individuals were doing. Even the driver, a married man for that matter, wished to heavens that he could find a woman who would love him as this beautiful pregnant girl loved the dark-skinned boy. He had had five children with a woman who had been living with him for the past fifteen years. Although people called the woman his wife, and the woman saw herself as his wife, this man never considered the woman his wife, even though she had borne five children for him.

He didn’t legally marry the woman; they had been cohabiting until the lady got pregnant for him; that had automatically made her become his wife. But he still longed for a younger and more beautiful woman he would marry and bear right children with. To him, the mother of his current children was nothing but an error. This was why he would stay out as late as possible and return home dead drunk. In his drunken state, he would beat the woman before he slept off. The next morning before he left home for work, the woman would hurl curses on him for not dropping feeding money for her and the children. The woman had always threatened to leave him, and he had always promised to bring in another woman into the house. This had been going on for the past seven years but they still lived together with each other.

Of course he always looked out for someone who would marry him but it seemed like no woman was interested in becoming his wife. Most of the ones he met, especially during duty, were only after his money. Yet, he never gave up on finding the right woman. But the wife who had discovered his intention had reported him to her own uncle who was a traditionalist and the man had promised to deal with him for nursing that thought. This had been about two years earlier; even the wife never thought that her uncle really wanted to harm the father of her children.

Perhaps what happened next was sheer coincidence or a work of supernatural force, no one could really tell. But the mother of five kids at home would definitely attribute the tragedy to the handiwork of her cruel uncle.

The driver saw the truck too late. Before he could swerve off the highway to safety, the construction truck hit the vehicle head-on. The first effect was the crashing of the windshield. The driver was trapped in his seat by the bent steel of the booth and the entrails within. A long metallic object protruded from his chest; he was dead immediately; so were the passengers beside him and five other people in the vehicle. The crash was disastrous.

Peter Black had lost consciousness in the wreck. When he woke up about fifteen minutes later, he could feel his ears ringing and there was a splitting headache immediately after. It was as if someone was hacking the top of his head with a machete. The headache blurred his vision, too. By the time he finally shook off the cobwebs in his head and gained back his senses, another five minutes had been wasted. The first word that came to his mouth was the name of his wife.

“Maria!” his words were slurred but there was dread in his eyes. He looked around him; there were people standing by. They were rescuers who had come to the site of the accident and retrieved the victims from the car. Everyone had been pulled out except the driver whose entrails had spilled onto the steering wheel. He was still trapped there in the driver’s seat. A machine would have to be used to cut him out of that entrapment. But at that moment, Peter wasn’t concerned about the driver or the other dead people that were lying on the ground around him. He rose to his feet and limped around, calling his wife’s name and searching the faces of both the survivors and the deceased.

He saw her a few metres away. She had been placed separately. She was unconscious. His heart pulled together as he saw her. He ran to her, instantly forgetting about the injury in his legs.

“Maria! Oh Maria! Please wake up! Maria!”

He shook her; she was not responding. Her face was bloody. There was blood running through her nose and mouth. As he held her to himself, she was limp against him.

An ambulance had been called but it didn’t seem like they would be arriving very soon. He continued calling on her, shouting his name, promising her the world only if she would open her eyes. He might have been talking to a dry wall; Maria was in no position to hear him. He wailed like someone set ablaze.

“Oh Maria! Oh Maria!”

Everything was happening once again. Another person had departed from him – no, two other people had departed from him; his wife and his unborn child. He had lost his entire family in another fell swoop. The curse of loss had struck on him yet again. His parents had died. Priest Duba was gone. The two Old Cargos had left him; now it was Maria – and his child.

His heart could not take it anymore. He felt himself drifting into consciousness. This was the only place where he could escape the cruelty of survival – the dark abyss of unconsciousness.

As he drifted off into bleak oblivion, he thought he heard the sound of wailing sirens.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:32pm On Apr 19

THE COMPLETE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS FOR N500 ONLY. HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_three/31369

The next update shall be posted on Sunday. If you can't wait, you can get the PDF of subsequent available updates for N50 each, or of the full book at N1000 only. Thanks for following. Don't forget to buy Book 1 and Book 2. They are both available for sale on OkadaBooks. Alternatively, you can contact me directly for the PDFs.

God bless you.

LSD smiley

+2349061754872
larrysundynasty@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / S€X Story : My Lovely Houseboy Episode 1 To 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.