Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,450,170 members, 5,520,325 topics. Date: Friday, 10 April 2020 at 07:27 AM

Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun - Literature (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun (65674 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / Maria: The Sequel / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by domido(m): 8:33pm On Mar 15
LarrySun:
We tend to uphold the law more when we sit behind the judgemental desk.

There are some things one just have to let go.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Kaycee9242(m): 8:58am On Mar 16
John should take it easy oooo! atimes one need to act dumb in order to get what he wants. well done Larry
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 11:30am On Mar 16
Kaycee9242:
John should take it easy oooo! atimes one need to act dumb in order to get what he wants. well done Larry
Thank you, bro.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by arfezces: 11:46am On Mar 16
This basket self, so he will arrest his wife on top watin naw... Anyway let just wait and see ..me Larry, thanks so much for this update...more credit alert, more win...

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nickymezor(f): 11:56am On Mar 16
Great update as usual oga Larry, more ink to your pen
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 2:11pm On Mar 16
arfezces:
This basket self, so he will arrest his wife on top watin naw... Anyway let just wait and see ..me Larry, thanks so much for this update...more credit alert, more win...
Thank you, bro. Thanks for following.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 2:13pm On Mar 16
Nickymezor:
Great update as usual oga Larry, more ink to your pen
Thank you, ma'am. �

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Skimpledawg(m): 9:17pm On Mar 16
The people grieved, the breeze blew, the clouds gathered, the earth received the body and life went on...

I cried when I got to this part. Damnit cry cry cry

Larrysun, you are not of this world. It seemed like I was seeing a foreign series. Each sentence was a sub-plot on its own - mind blowing and suspense filled.

Man, you are freaking talented. Its my deepest prayer you are paid handsomely for this wonderful story now or in the nearest future. I felt like I cheated you by getting it for a paltry sum of N500. Its worth more than that man. undecided

We await Book 4. cool

3 Likes

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by stuff46(m): 6:39am On Mar 17
Skimpledawg:
The people grieved, the breeze blew, the clouds gathered, the earth received the body and life went on...

Larrysun, you are not of this world. It seemed like I was seeing a foreign series. Each sentence was a sub-plot on its own - mind blowing and suspense filled.

Man, you are freaking talented. Its my deepest prayer you are paid handsomely for this wonderful story now or in the nearest future. I felt like I cheated you by getting it for a paltry sum of N500. Its worth more than that man. undecided

We await Book 4. cool

So you use the update celebrate your birthday fully?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Skimpledawg(m): 8:59am On Mar 17
stuff46:

So you use the update celebrate your birthday fully?
Lol grin

How you take sabi?
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 11:04am On Mar 18
Many atimes we are too ambitious that it takes away our sense of humanity and clouds our sense of reasoning.. That is the case of Officer John Balewa..

If only he could relax and take things easy, he would be able to get informations from his wife.. Going the hard way might be the wrong way.. He could loose it all..

Old Man Balewa had forewarned him, trouble is brewing, big trouble..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG..
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by TroubleIsland(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21
Thanks for the update LSD
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by BentleyJnr: 8:06am On Mar 22
Thanks for the update,

LSD.

Once again,
LarrySun,
you're the man.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 12:58pm On Mar 22

Update 23

Basket got home in an extremely furious mood. He knew without a doubt that Rhoda had helped both Maria and Peter; he knew what she could do. There was nothing else she could tell him about this that he would believe. When he left the office, he had left with the code and his handcuffs; he wasn’t kidding when he said he was going to get her arrested; to him, she was an accessory to a crime and she would face the necessary punishment. He would make sure she paid for what she did; and he was ready to do everything in his power to make sure she ended up in jail. And if her father tried to interfere as he had implied, he, John Balewa, would get the man arrested too. He would not stand anyone coming in the way of his profession. It didn’t matter if it was the same man who had brought him into the police force; he would always do what he knew to be the right thing; he would never compromise.

He met his wife in the living room just as he stepped into the house. She was on her feet and she carried a worried expression on her face. Basket knew she already knew why he came home so early. Her father must have spoken to her through the telephone in the house. Her father had gotten to her before him.

“Your father has told you to lie to me, right?”

“Yes, he did,” she replied, her voice was shaking she was visibly shivering with fright. “But I’m not going to lie to you. I have sworn never to lie to you.”

“We shall see,” said Basket emptying the content of his pockets. He first placed the note on the centre table and then put the handcuffs beside it.

Rhoda looked sadly at the handcuffs.

“Let’s start from here. Tell me about the call you received from someone named Yinka when I was away.”

“He called that he had information about the location of Maria. I paid him off for the information and sought out the location. I found Maria and told her about what’s had been going on. I told her to leave the place as soon as possible because you would find her when you returned.”

“What about Peter? What did you tell him? What did you both do together?”

She was hurt by the last question. “I didn’t meet Peter there.”

“You wouldn’t be lying to me, would you?”

“I swear to you. Peter was not there.”

“Are you saying he and Maria are no longer together?”

“No, they were living together but I did not meet Peter at home when I went there. I only met Maria. She told me he had gone out early that morning.”

“Did she tell you where he went?”

She shook her head. “She didn’t say.”

“But you’re sure they were living together?”

“Yes. They are in love with each other.”

“Do you have the address of the place?”

“I do. I wrote it in my diary. But I’m sure they would have left the place. It’s been two weeks. I told her to inform Peter about what was going on. You can’t find them there; they would have left already.”

“So you helped them escape from me, Rhoda?” his words were filled with disappointment. “It’s obvious you’re on their side. I can see that you still can’t get over Peter. You will always put him before me. The fact that you’re my wife hasn’t changed anything.”

“I’m always on your side, John. I will always be on your side. You are my husband.”

“That doesn’t seem to be the case. How could you claim to support me and still go behind my back to help Peter and Maria escape? The same set of people I have sacrificed so much to arrest? Why, Rhoda, why?”

“I did it because I thought it was the right thing to do.”

“And you think what I’d been trying to do was the wrong thing?”

“They don’t deserve to go to jail, John.”

“Oh my goodness! I can’t believe what I’m hearing. Are you telling me this, Rhoda? Have you been brainwashed? Those two are criminals! How else can I make you understand? They’re both thieves! They are a menace to the society. The world is better off without the likes of them. How could you talk this way?”

“I believe Peter and Maria are not as evil as you have painted them in your mind. I met Maria, she is a very nice and intelligent woman. Everyone can change; you changed didn’t you? Who would believe you were also once a thief? If the sins of the past are not overlooked, aren’t you supposed to be in jail too?”

“Where is this coming from, Rhoda? Were you brainwashed in your visit to the thieves?”

“I’m telling you things as I see them.”

“It appears to me like you’re seeing me as the evil one. I’m trying to bring criminals to justice but all of a sudden everyone thinks my intention is evil.”

“There are thousands of other criminals in this state that you can continue bringing to justice for the rest of your life but you are stuck with Peter and Maria. Why can’t you just let them be? Those two are in love with each other; why have you decided to come between their love? It’s not fair. They are ready to give up everything but you are determined to destroy their lives. How is that fair?”

“Nothing in life is fair. Those two are thieves and they must face the consequence. It’s so unfortunate that you have to put yourself in the crossfire. You should have stayed out of this Rhoda.”

He picked up the handcuff on the table.

“What are you doing, John?”

“I am placing you under arrest for colluding with wanted criminals and helping them to escape.”

Rhoda stared at him in horror. “Tell me you’re kidding.”

“Do I look like I’m joking?”

“You can’t arrest me, John Balewa.”

“Why not? I can arrest anyone who breaks the law.”

“I’m your wife, John!”

“It does not matter who you are, Rhoda. You have committed a crime and you must face the consequence of your action.”

“My father is the chief of police. You can’t arrest me.”

“Because your father is the chief of police, you think you are above the law? Or does your father think he’s above the law?”

“My husband, please don’t do this.”

“Stretch out your hands, Rhoda.”

She became suddenly quiet, her face was cast downward. When she looked up at him, she had tears in her eyes. “If you are determined to arrest me, I know there’s nothing I can do to resist you. But can you give me a minute? I want to show you something.”

He smirked at her. “What the hell is that?”

“Just a minute, please.”

She disappeared into an inner room and returned with a folded sheet of paper. She gave him the paper; she was still crying sadly.

Basket was not moved by her tears. He wanted to arrest her as soon as possible. She had betrayed him; this time around, he wasn’t sure if he would ever forgive her again. It was obvious that she had chosen Peter Black over him; there was no way he was going to let that slide. He was deep in the rabbit hole of retribution. He glanced through the content of the paper. His eyes roamed unemotionally across the page. Then it stopped on a line. His eyes opened widely. He looked at Rhoda, then back at the page.

“Rhoda, is this true?”

She nodded slowly, tears still filled her eyes.

“You’re pregnant?”

“Yes, I am, John,” she replied, looking him directly in the eyes. “What are you going to do to me? I am carrying your child.”

The words rocked him. He would have lost his balance had he not grabbed the table tightly. This was the last thing he expected to happen. He was confused about what to do now. Rhoda had committed a crime and she needed to be punished for it; but how would she be punished without putting the child in her at risk, without putting his child at risk?

“You are carrying my child?” His voice was soft. He dropped the handcuff; he totally deleted from his mind the thought of arresting her anymore. The fact that Rhoda was pregnant for him showed that she really cared about him. “Oh, Rhoda!”

He walked close to her and drew her to himself. She was weeping copiously against his cuddle. “I’m so sorry, John. I didn’t mean to betray you. I thought I was doing the right thing.”

“Hush baby. It’s okay. You’re forgiven, my love. Stop crying. You’re not going anywhere. I blame Peter; he wants to ruin our union again. He’s not going to win. He’s never going to win.”

Rhoda noticed the note on the table and picked it up.

“What’s this?” she unfolded it and stared in confusion at the shapes.

“That’s the note Peter sent to me. Apparently, it is an intellectual challenge. For some reasons, he dared me to break the code.”

“What does it mean?”

“I’ve not been able to break the code, dear. Oh, look at you, you’re holding it upside down. That’s not how –” He suddenly stopped and snatched the paper from her. That’s it! Upside down! He was the one who had been looking at it upside down. He spread it openly before him.

“Rhoda!” he screamed. “You’re the best!”

She stared at him in confusion. “What did I do?”

“You just helped me to break the code.” He kissed her deeply on the lips. “You gave me two amazing gifts, my wife! You gave me a child and also helped me break the code. Oh, I love you so much.”

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about.”

“Oh, I know you don’t. But what you just did will help me arrest Peter a lot faster. Thank you so much.” He left her and disappeared into his study to decode the shapes once again.

After he left, Rhoda sat down. “What have I done?” she asked herself. She felt bad that she would be the same person responsible for Peter’s arrest. She thought about everything from the beginning. What if she had not sought out Maria? Would things have changed? Would John not have broken the code? She felt that it was her action that led them right here. Had she not interfered John would probably not have come home with the handcuff and the note. She wouldn’t have seen the note and held it upside down. It seemed so paradoxical to her. She had taken steps to make sure that Peter and Maria were not arrested, but those steps seemed to be responsible for their eventual arrest that would happen. John had seemed to sure, so happy, that Peter would finally be arrested. The note seemed like the only link to Peter Black’s incarceration. She wondered why Peter had to send that note to her husband in the first place. She buried her head in her hands and wept sadly; she blamed herself for everything.

In the study, Basket started the job afresh. He got another piece of paper and drew the same ladders and crosses, then he dotted the right spaces and began lettering the four shapes. When he was done, he placed the code on the table before him and started connecting the shapes with the letters all over again. It was still the same process as the last time; the only difference was that code was now different.

When he was finished with the first word of the first line, he knew he was finally on the right path. He had:

SING

He continued by decoding the second word. He had:

THAT

He was wildly excited. Finally, he was able to break untie what Peter had tied. He was sure Peter wouldn’t have thought that he would break the code by now. Basket was certainly proud of himself now as he worked further on the code. When he was done with the first line, he stared at what he had written out:

SING THAT RAP FALL

This certainly made a lot more sense than the first job he did. He rubbed his palm together in anticipation of what the next line held. He picked up the pen again and began working on the second line. As he had expected, the first word of the second line also made sense:

BUY

He was smiling to himself. Apart from the fact that he had finally cracked the code, he was anxious to know what this revelation was going to be about. He worked frantically but he was careful; he couldn’t afford to make any error at this time. When he was done, he stared at what he had written. The first sign of doubt crept to his face as he stared at his work:

BUY A CHINA BEECH

He scratched his head in confusion as he tried to wrap his skull around what these two lines meant.

SING THAT RAP FALL
BUY A CHINA BEECH

Again, what he got made absolutely no sense to him; and like he had thought in the first blunder, Basket was sure he was on the right path. Both lines made sense literally but they could hardly be understood. He couldn’t link these words to the situation of things between them, either now or in the past. The most he could make of this was that both lines had four words each; perhaps that should tell him something. He thought deeply about it, nothing came forth in his head. He was utterly lost.

He spent a long time staring the two lines. He was trying to imagine the kind of message Peter was trying to pass across to him. Sing? What did Peter mean by that? He wondered if there was once a song they had both sung in the past; perhaps that song contained a revealing lyrics. But what song is that? Basket wondered. He stared at the line. The song was obviously a rap song – SING THAT RAP FALL.

Basket racked his head very hard. Had they ever sung any song before? Had they ever sung any rap song before? He shook his head no. Of course not. He would definitely remember if they had ever sung a rap before. As a matter of fact, they had never sung anything before. The only sung he ever sung for Peter was a birthday song, and he was sure it wasn’t a rap, and it definitely had nothing to this code.

“What the hell are you doing to me, Peter Black?” he spoke out in frustration.

He suddenly heard the phone ring from the living room. He knew instinctively that it was Peter Black.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 1:24pm On Mar 22

THE COMPLETE BOOK IS NOW AVAILABLE ON OKADABOOKS FOR N500 ONLY. HERE IS THE DOWNLOAD LINK BELOW:

https://okadabooks.com/book/about/black_maria_book_three/31369

The next update shall be posted on Sunday. If you can't wait, you can get the PDF of subsequent available updates for N50 each, or of the full book at N1000 only. Thanks for following. Don't forget to buy Book 1 and Book 2. They are both available for sale on OkadaBooks. Alternatively, you can contact me directly for the PDFs.

God bless you.

LSD smiley

+2349061754872
larrysundynasty@gmail.com
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 1:27pm On Mar 22
Skimpledawg:

We await Book 4. cool
Awwww! Thank you so much, bro. Thank you so much.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 1:30pm On Mar 22
EkopSparoAyara:
Many atimes we are too ambitious that it takes away our sense of humanity and clouds our sense of reasoning.. That is the case of Officer John Balewa..

If only he could relax and take things easy, he would be able to get informations from his wife.. Going the hard way might be the wrong way.. He could loose it all..

Old Man Balewa had forewarned him, trouble is brewing, big trouble..

BRAVO LARRYSUN..
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONG..
He's too blinded by career and the pursuit of revenge.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by honest1992(m): 4:06pm On Mar 22
Kudos
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by arfezces: 10:59pm On Mar 22
Thanks for the update...]
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:35am On Mar 23
LarrySun:

He might loose it all.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by EkopSparoAyara(m): 1:59am On Mar 23
Congratulations to Rhoda on her new status..
Officer John Balewa, you're not as hardened as I thought..

Officer John Balewa is still living in confusion and frustration.. His inability to totally decode the code will make him go insane..

BRAVO LARRYSUN.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by nimat158(f): 7:46am On Mar 23
getting more twisted
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by BentleyJnr: 6:37pm On Mar 23
Nice Update,
LarrySun,
you're the man........!!!!
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by Nmeri17: 9:24pm On Mar 24
LarrySun:
He comes off as a tactless overgrown baby with trust issues and low self esteem. Why is the lady married to him anyways
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:28pm On Mar 24
honest1992:
Kudos
Thanks.
arfezces:
Thanks for the update...]
Thanks for following.
EkopSparoAyara:

He might loose it all.
He might indeed.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:40pm On Mar 24
EkopSparoAyara:
Congratulations to Rhoda on her new status..
Officer John Balewa, you're not as hardened as I thought..

Officer John Balewa is still living in confusion and frustration.. His inability to totally decode the code will make him go insane..

BRAVO LARRYSUN.
He wants to prove to Peter that he was smart.

1 Like

Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:40pm On Mar 24
nimat158:
getting more twisted
Gracias.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:41pm On Mar 24
BentleyJnr:
Nice Update,
LarrySun,
you're the man........!!!!
I remain loyal.
Re: Black Maria: Legends A Story By LarrySun by LarrySun(m): 9:41pm On Mar 24
Nmeri17:
He comes off as a tactless overgrown baby with trust issues and low self esteem. Why is the lady married to him anyways
Must be out of guilt. Clearly, Rhoda is still in love with Peter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

INSATIABLE ~ Story Of A Quiet Yoruba Demon / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / Roomates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.