Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,903 members, 7,817,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore (46351 Views)

Adekunle Gold Reacts As Female Fan Begs To Be His Second Wife / Adekunle Gold Reacts To Crowd At BBNaija Audition: 'Use The Same Energy To Vote' / Adekunle Gold Reacts To Dorcas Fapson's Near Kidnap/Rape Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by NaijaTushboy(m): 11:48am On Sep 21, 2019
Babtech001:
Nigerians woke up to the news that the Federal Government has slammed a fresh seven-count charge against detained political activist and convener of the RevolutionNow Protest, Omoyele Sowore, accusing him of treason, money laundering and cyberstalking President Buhari, Igbere TV reports.

Reacting to the new development, singer, Adekunle Gold Tweeted, 'I really don't want to believe those fictional charges against Sowore. Treasonable what? A fucking Joke'.

https://twitter.com/adekunleGOLD/status/1175309265957003264?s=19

http://igberetvnews.com/1010444/adekunle-gold-reacts-to-the-new-charges-against-omoyele-sowore/

I DON'T UNDASTAND
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by ofiko123(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2019
Everybody just dey react like chemical...
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Femijohn198: 11:49am On Sep 21, 2019
IPOB, their leader are fighting to gained independent for Igbo.why omoyele sowore fighting for revolution for the masses for a change of government.i stand with omoyele sowore is the man of the people.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2019
Mynightmare:
Sowore is reaping what he sowed..let me tell you one thing, the Igbo man is more Nigerian than any other tribe..the Yoruba's rejoiced when mnk was facing his travails but I hope that they awaken to the reality sooner.

Why must you drag Yorubas into this?

You people are too tribalistic. Yorubas don't pamper somebody simply because he is Yoruba. If you are wayward, don't expect Yorubas to pamper you simply because you are Yoruba.

Sowore has never claimed to be Yoruba. And even if he were Yoruba, he never implied that his Revolution was a Yoruba Revolution.

When Obasanjo was president, his loudest adversaries were Yorubas, from the likes of Soyinka to Gani Fawehinmi. When this same Obasanjo was head of state in the 70s, his greatest opponents were still his kinsmen, especially Soyinka and Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

This issue is not an issue of tribes or tribesmen. When Kanu said he would visit Lagos, did the Igbos in Alaba not warn him against coming? Was it only Yorubas that condemned the excesses of Nnamdi Kanu?

Where were you when Nnamdi Kanu was making violent threats, saying if Buhari comes to a place, he would go back dead; or that if soldiers came to the East, they would be killed? Where were you when Nnamdi Kanu created a security outfit without any form of legal backing?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by emerged01(m): 11:51am On Sep 21, 2019
kenwhawha:
Same Afonjas that rejoiced at the treasonable charges of Nnamdi Kanu. SMH

link below...facts. I have always warned you people, whatever evil you wished on the children of God, will backfire. Like South Africa killings too, rejoicing that Igbos were being killed, before Afonjas woke up the next morning, to their surprise, Afonjas became the hunted and till this day they can't understand what happpened in SA.
https://www.nairaland.com/2816585/nnamdi-kanu-charged-treasonable-felony
This is the problem. When few stupid ones decided to involve themselves in tribalism you people are quick to generalize the whole tribe as fools.
When we keep referring to the action of fools as excuse not to do the right things what make us difference from them.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by tot(f): 11:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Bolustical:
Sowore's meeting with the leader of an outlawed terrorist group is enough to nail him.

Y'all can hyperventilate on it but it's the truth.

The law see Nnamdi Kanu and his group as terrorists, Sowore can't meet with such a leader publicly, promise alliance, subsequently announce a revolution plan and think you would not face the consequences.

We should not cherrypick the law because it does not suit us.

Heya, you crawled out of hibernation today to drop the same old stale comments as expected. Where is sarrki and the other crew members?

What ever happened to free speech? Are things working in this country? Why should people be silenced from expressing their opinions and pushing for change? A democratic govt acting like a military regime, smh.

Well, I wouldn't expect less from lackeys who must defend the govt at all cost.

3 Likes

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by SirBunky85(m): 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
Edgarated:
Well...

Allow him to dine with the monster he helped become a ruler.
OR Is he complaining?
can u explain how he helped pmb to power?
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by DeviIhimseIf: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
Bolustical:
Sowore's meeting with the leader of an outlawed terrorist group is enough to nail him.

The law see Nnamdi Kanu and his group as terrorists, Sowore can't meet with such a leader publicly, promise alliance, subsequently announce a revolution plan and think you would not face the consequences.

[/s]

2 Likes

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 21, 2019
emerged01:
[s]
This is the problem. When few stupid ones decided to involve themselves in tribalism you people are quick to generalize the whole tribe as fools.
When we keep referring to the action of fools as excuse not to do the right things what make us difference from them[/s].
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Sonfethopia: 11:56am On Sep 21, 2019
festacman:
Good thing that celebrities with large followings are speaking up in support of Yele Sowore. More celebrity reactions are expected in the days ahead. It is all part of democracy.

However, given the level of his intelligence and exposure, I am sure that Sowore was aware of the consequences of his choice of REVOLUTION instead of OCCUPY or PROTEST MARCH. He knew the implications of his action and resisted every counsel and warning to tone it down. The truth is that he deliberately set himself up to walk this road for a reason. He knew the massive political leverage his detention and trial along with attendant publicity and international outcry will give him in 2023 elections against other candidates.

That does not mean he will be pitied and voted.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Edgarated(m): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2019
SirBunky85:
can u explain how he helped pmb to power?

through SR

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
tot:

Heya, you crawled out of hibernation today to drop the same old stale comments as expected. Where is sarrki and the other crew members?

What ever happened to free speech? Are things working in this country? Why should people be silenced from expressing their opinions and pushing for change? A democratic govt acting like a military regime, smh.

Well, I wouldn't expect less from lackeys who must defend the govt at all cost.

Many of you don't understand the meaning of "freedom of speech", that is why you are always tempted to abuse it.

Go to the United States, and threaten to kill Trump, and see if your next guests would not be police officers. You think because you have freedom of speech, you are free to do whatever you like. You forget that the law can take your freedom from you.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by islandmoon: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Nigerians are behind sowore, you can kill the messenger but not the message
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by lastempero: 12:03pm On Sep 21, 2019
Is that all you have to say,fake people everywhere
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by tot(f): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

Many of you don't understand the meaning of "freedom of speech", that is why you are always tempted to abuse it.

Go to the United States, and threaten to kill Trump, and see if your next guests would not be police officers. You think because you have freedom of speech, you are free to do whatever you like. You forget that the law can take your freedom from you.

Rubbish. Did he threaten to kill Buhari? Which useless law can take freedom from you? This is not North Korea.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by MrMcJay(m): 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2019
Mynightmare:
an affidavit can cover it mofo

I like how you signed off your post with your surname.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
tot:

Rubbish. Did he threaten to kill Buhari? Which useless law can take freedom from you? This is not North Korea.

Ignorance.

When you serve prison sentence, some of your freedom have been denied you by law. Also, for instance, the law can deny you freedom of movement even by imposing a curfew. It means you don't have the freedom to go anywhere after so-so time, maybe 7pm to 7am. You can also be denied access to certain places or buildings even though the law says you have the rights to go anywhere you so wish.

Common sense!!!

As for Sowore, I wasn't referring to him specifically. I was merely talking about free speech.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by XaintJoel20: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2019
jideflash:
It's only dumb people that will think Sowore is responsible for bringing in Buhari to Govt. Let's be honest to ourselves, Was GEJ doing a fantastic Job. Was Corruption not too obvious under his administration. Now because Sowore spoke the truth and exposed their Govt, and the opposition of the day capitalised on his information to attack Gej, does that mean he supported Buhari. Does any one have any concrete proof of Sowore meeting and supporting with Buhari, Tinubu or any APC top man.

I for instance, supported the APC in 2014, after few month it was obvious that we don enter another one chance. DONT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR BETTER.

But my people are happy to laugh at Sowore, Oby and the rest.

STOP BEING A SLAVE, WE ARE THE POWER. GOVERNMENT DOESNT EXIST WITHOUT THE PEOPLE.

Your likes should not be allowed to have a say in dicey national issues because you are myopic and shallow minded.
So common sense didn't tell you in 2014 that an illiterate PMB will be a disaster?

What on earth made you think PMB will do better than GEJ even though you accused GEJ of "corruption"?

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by tot(f): 12:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

Ignorance.

When you serve prison sentence, some of your freedom have been denied you by law. For instance, the law can deny you freedom of movement even by imposing curfew. It means you don't have the freedom to go anywhere after so-so time, maybe 7pm to 7am. You can also be denied access to certain places or buildings even though the law says you have the rights to go anywhere you so wish.

Common sense!!!

As for Sowore, I wasn't referring to him specifically. I was merely talking about free speech.

My comment was solely about free speech concerns Sowore because one of his charges includes "insulting the president". Maybe next time, you should learn not to reply to comments out of the context in which they were written.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by abbasajao(m): 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2019
Alaye face your music. Wetin you know?
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by PapaAdanna: 12:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
RexTramadol1:

Wait a minute, where is Fela Durotoye?

That dude is a scam o
I over estimated so many men in Nigeria up until 2015
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by SirLakes: 12:17pm On Sep 21, 2019
jideflash:
It's only dumb people that will think Sowore is responsible for bringing in Buhari to Govt. Let's be honest to ourselves, Was GEJ doing a fantastic Job. Was Corruption not too obvious under his administration. Now because Sowore spoke the truth and exposed their Govt, and the opposition of the day capitalised on his information to attack Gej, does that mean he supported Buhari. Does any one have any concrete proof of Sowore meeting and supporting with Buhari, Tinubu or any APC top man.

I for instance, supported the APC in 2014, after few month it was obvious that we don enter another one chance. DONT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR BETTER.

But my people are happy to laugh at Sowore, Oby and the rest.

STOP BEING A SLAVE, WE ARE THE POWER. GOVERNMENT DOESNT EXIST WITHOUT THE PEOPLE.
In summary, did you vote Buhari again?
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2019
tot:

My comment was solely about free speech as concerns Sowore because one of his charges includes "insulting the president". Maybe next time, you should learn not to reply to comments out of the context in which they were written .

OK, sorry about that.

However, the police have a strong case against Sowore.

His association with Nnamdi Kanu can be termed a conspiracy to overthrow the government. Perhaps, conspiracy is not a crime under some jurisdictions, but it can be a crime under some other jurisdictions as well.

Frolicking with a felonist, and then declaring a revolution are ill-conceived actions. I don't see him getting out soon, except he pulls a fast one like that coward, Cownu.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Pauldollars(m): 12:22pm On Sep 21, 2019
festacman:
Good thing that celebrities with large followings are speaking up in support of Yele Sowore. More celebrity reactions are expected in the days ahead. It is all part of democracy.

However, given the level of his intelligence and exposure, I am sure that Sowore was aware of the consequences of his choice of REVOLUTION instead of OCCUPY or PROTEST MARCH. He knew the implications of his action and resisted every counsel and warning to tone it down. The truth is that he deliberately set himself up to walk this road for a reason. He knew the massive political leverage his detention and trial along with attendant publicity and international outcry will give him in 2023 elections against other candidates.

Which international outcry? Even his fellow kinsmen have abandoned him to his travails. He made a grave mistake taking that path of Revolution. That's not how to become another Nelson Mandela.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by tot(f): 12:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
BluntBoy:

OK, sorry about that.

However, the police have a strong case against Sowore.

His association with Nnamdi Kanu can be termed a conspiracy to overthrow the government. Perhaps, conspiracy is not a crime under some jurisdictions, but it can be a crime under some other jurisdictions as well.

Frolicking with a felonist, and then declaring a revolution are ill-conceived actions. I don't see him getting out soon, except he pulls a fast one like that coward, Cownu.

Your comments and name calling already give you away as someone who is not objective so no point continuing this conversation.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by sencekompis: 12:26pm On Sep 21, 2019
Badmod:
God knows I'm pained that I can protest against this rubbish...
Reason I can't protest is Because I'm scared..and That's what the dictator wants..
He's plan is working well...
I don't have the balls...
Its painful Nairamarley got more support than Sowore..
I was born in a wrong country....that's sad.
The worst thing's that I'm making the country more unbearable for my fellow citizens....
If you don't challenge oppression, you're taking the position of the Oppressor...

God bless you my dear,u just spoke my mind, They put fear in us all not to go out and protest, What a tragedy tragedy. NIG IS D WORST COUNTRY ON EARTH? 100% YESSS
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by BluntBoy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 21, 2019
tot:

Your comments and name calling already give you away as someone who is not objective so no point continuing this conversation.

Sorry if you see it that way.

But that is the plain, unvarnished truth.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
The way we pretend when confronted with the obvious is amazing in this country
You and I both know NOBODY is allowed to protest against any form of govt, whether Revolution is mentioned or not you would be likely shot at like IPOB, SHIA and more recently those students in Ekiti. It would come home to roost, just a matter of time.

Bolustical:

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by StaffofOrayan(m): 12:32pm On Sep 21, 2019
Damn can anything be truer than this!
Kudos

Badmod:
God knows I'm pained that I can protest against this rubbish...
Reason I can't protest is Because I'm scared..and That's what the dictator wants..
He's plan is working well...
I don't have the balls...
Its painful Nairamarley got more support than Sowore..
I was born in a wrong country....that's sad.
The worst thing's that I'm making the country more unbearable for my fellow citizens....
If you don't challenge oppression, you're taking the position of the Oppressor...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido's Bodyguard Goes Shirtless, Flaunts Muscles (photos) / TeddyA And His Groomsmen Show Their Gbebody At His Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Etinosa Idemudia Acquires New House In Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.