Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore (46352 Views)

Adekunle Gold Reacts As Female Fan Begs To Be His Second Wife / Adekunle Gold Reacts To Crowd At BBNaija Audition: 'Use The Same Energy To Vote' / Adekunle Gold Reacts To Dorcas Fapson's Near Kidnap/Rape Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Kennydoc(m): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
MrMcJay:

Don't compare Kanu to Sowore.

One was arrested with prostitutes in a brothel in Ikeja, the other was arrested in his house.

One jumped bail and ran off like a dog, the other stood his ground and didn't flee arrest.

How long was Nnamdi Kanu in jail before he was given bail? Sowore should enjoy his jail term then. We will review the point in bold after 2 years of his jail term and if he's lucky to get a bail.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by tot(f): 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2019
[s]
DenreleDave:

Don't be dumb.. Cownu is a coward.... He started a fight and ran just like ojukwu.... Sowore stood by his decision, that's brave decision
[/s]
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by DSoj(m): 3:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
He can go and join him in prison na
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Onlyonebuhari: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2019
Follybanty:
t the bandit are not terrorist,Fulani heads men are not terrorist but nnamdi kanu is terrorist is only a fool that think like this wake brother

You don't know the difference between crime and terrorism. Stop abusing people on social media. He has write to pass his message and you have right to express your own views too but u have no right to call him fools cos his views doesn't suit you.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by ajl: 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bolustical:
Sowore's meeting with the leader of an outlawed terrorist group is enough to nail him.

Y'all can hyperventilate on it but it's the truth.

The law see Nnamdi Kanu and his group as terrorists, Sowore can't meet with such a leader publicly, promise alliance, subsequently announce a revolution plan and think you would not face the consequences.

We should not cherrypick the law because it does not suit us.

You are seeking for attention. Why not post as every normal human being. And your comments are delusional. Enemy of truth.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by monogram: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2019
jideflash:
It's only dumb people that will think Sowore is responsible for bringing in Buhari to Govt. Let's be honest to ourselves, Was GEJ doing a fantastic Job. Was Corruption not too obvious under his administration. Now because Sowore spoke the truth and exposed their Govt, and the opposition of the day capitalised on his information to attack Gej, does that mean he supported Buhari. Does any one have any concrete proof of Sowore meeting and supporting with Buhari, Tinubu or any APC top man.

I for instance, supported the APC in 2014, after few months it was obvious that we don enter another one chance. DONT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR BETTER.

But my people are happy to laugh at Sowore, Oby and the rest.

STOP BEING A SLAVE, WE ARE THE POWER. GOVERNMENT DOESNT EXIST WITHOUT THE PEOPLE.
I love your honesty.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Tomide007: 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2019
kenwhawha:

Are you okay? Revolution of course
I believe u
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by beebello(m): 5:38pm On Sep 21, 2019
Celebrities speaking up on social media bah. If them serious , they for commit continue the protest nah
festacman:
Good thing that celebrities with large followings are speaking up in support of Yele Sowore. More celebrity reactions are expected in the days ahead. It is all part of democracy.

However, given the level of his intelligence and exposure, I am sure that Sowore was aware of the consequences of his choice of REVOLUTION instead of OCCUPY or PROTEST MARCH. He knew the implications of his action and resisted every counsel and warning to tone it down. The truth is that he deliberately set himself up to walk this road for a reason. He knew the massive political leverage his detention and trial along with attendant publicity and international outcry will give him in 2023 elections against other candidates.

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by SpencerM(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2019
[quote author=Badmod post=82430115]God knows I'm pained that I can protest against this rubbish...
Reason I can't protest is Because I'm scared..and That's what the dictator wants..
He's plan is working well...
I don't have the balls...
Its painful Nairamarley got more support than Sowore..
I was born in a wrong country....that's sad.
The worst thing's that I'm making the country more unbearable for my fellow citizens....
If you don't challenge oppression, you're taking the position of the Oppressor...[/quote

Can we connect, am pained too but i feel we can channel it well by building a start up team against oppressors we call leaders...if yes send a mail
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by DMerciful(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2019
What truth did he expose? For every action, there is an equal and opposite consequence!
jideflash:
It's only dumb people that will think Sowore is responsible for bringing in Buhari to Govt. Let's be honest to ourselves, Was GEJ doing a fantastic Job. Was Corruption not too obvious under his administration. Now because Sowore spoke the truth and exposed their Govt, and the opposition of the day capitalised on his information to attack Gej, does that mean he supported Buhari. Does any one have any concrete proof of Sowore meeting and supporting with Buhari, Tinubu or any APC top man.

I for instance, supported the APC in 2014, after few months it was obvious that we don enter another one chance. DONT WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEMAND FOR BETTER.

STOP BEING A SLAVE, WE ARE THE POWER. GOVERNMENT DOESNT EXIST WITHOUT THE PEOPLE.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Isoduwa(m): 6:12pm On Sep 21, 2019
Buhari 1 showore 0
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Mutemenot(m): 7:24pm On Sep 21, 2019
DenreleDave:

From. Ur church mind, what good did Jonathan did, why was corruption too much in his time? So many corrupt people were pardoned in his time, why??

Jona failed, same way bubu failed in his military era. We don't need to refurbish any of them but we don't learn easily . Sowore n others refurbished bubu for us, now we are suffering it . Let sowore enjoy his own wella
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by webngnews: 8:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Tedpgrass: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2019
festacman:
Good thing that celebrities with large followings are speaking up in support of Yele Sowore. More celebrity reactions are expected in the days ahead. It is all part of democracy.

However, given the level of his intelligence and exposure, I am sure that Sowore was aware of the consequences of his choice of REVOLUTION instead of OCCUPY or PROTEST MARCH. He knew the implications of his action and resisted every counsel and warning to tone it down. The truth is that he deliberately set himself up to walk this road for a reason. He knew the massive political leverage his detention and trial along with attendant publicity and international outcry will give him in 2023 elections against other candidates.

That's only if he is released.... And on time too.

There's only 1 Mandela, you know!

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Tedpgrass: 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2019
festacman:

That's only if he is released.... And on time too.

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by seangy4konji: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2019
Treason...joke..

Does he work for government
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by HIPROFILE(m): 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2019
Good for him i mean very good for Sowore...

He Sowore made so many ill statement against former president GEJ in 2015 just to support Buhari

GEJ as democratic as he was and still is did not touch Sowore he felt like a top notch activist

Now this is Buhari

Nothing to say than for him to relax and enjoy Buhari government

my prayer is : May God buharize all those who fought against GEJ only just to bring Buhari on Nigerians

They painted and coated GEJ with all manner of media tool available to them and discredited him and his government.

THEY SHOULD ENJOY THIS NEXT LEVEL
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by CaptainFM1: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2019
festacman:

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose".....Lyndon Johnson

Revolution is an idea...It comes to fruition when its fully riped. People often suffer in advance for the gains of others. In some cases, they don't live to witness the vision when the time comes simply because their idea is "very far ahead of time".

Using the word "Revolution" as a theme does not implicitly mean overthrowing a government through illegal means. I will leave that view for the lawyers!

I don't think Sowore is in detention as compared to the Nigerian people. He already has his voice. Unfortunately, it may not be heard now. Its not even the government that needs to hear his voice. It is the people.

Right now, the people have been caged. Government don't wan't people to come out of this prison. People have been shackled by various means...N5000 trader money, media suppression, political buyback et al.

I actually believe the Nigerian people don't know what they want. Government don't want them to be emancipated. The people themselves enjoy the shackles because all they've ever known is suffering. Fela sang the same choruses to us, but we did not hear....instead we only dance.

Dance..,that's what we know how to do. I'm sorry we are not ready for the Nigeria of our dream.
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by festacman(m): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2019
CaptainFM1:

"Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose".....Lyndon Johnson

Revolution is an idea...It comes to fruition when its fully riped. People often suffer in advance for the gains of others. In some cases, they don't live to witness the vision when the time comes simply because their idea is "very far ahead of time".

Using the word "Revolution" as a theme does not implicitly mean overthrowing a government through illegal means. I will leave that view for the lawyers!

I don't think Sowore is in detention as compared to the Nigerian people. He already has his voice. Unfortunately, it may not be heard now. Its not even the government that needs to hear his voice. It is the people.

Right now, the people have been caged. Government don't wan't people to come out of this prison. People have been shackled by various means...N5000 trader money, media suppression, political buyback et al.

I actually believe the Nigerian people don't know what they want. Government don't want them to be emancipated. The people themselves enjoy the shackles because all they've ever known is suffering. Fela sang the same choruses to us, but we did not hear....instead we only dance.

Dance..,that's what we know how to do. I'm sorry we are not ready for the Nigeria of our dream.
I acknowledge that Nigerians are laidback when it comes to making demands from and interrogating governments. Maybe this is a hangover from the military era or the symptom of our heterogeneity as a nation, which makes each ethnic group or religious group always too eager to back their any of their own at the expense of good governance.

Now, I disagree that Nigerians are currently in a cage or shackles and needed emancipation. Rather, Nigerians especially young people currently experience acute shortage productive opportunities to earn income and meet their needs. However, although Buhari government has not given high-flier performance especially on economy, one must accept that the current bad situation of the country was as result of mismanagement by successive governments over the years. Again, we encounter again the laidback attitude of Nigerians, who remain uninterested as such mismanagement went on. This negative attitude is a big drawback.

Now, to the issue of use of word Revolution. I had expected Sowore to use a harmless theme but mobilise actively and extensively than mobilizing poorly but using sensitive theme. In fairness, the word Revolution discouraged widespread participation. So he played into the hands of the people he was out to fight. He lost the fight even before it began because he alerted his target instead of distracting them to unleash the his the force of protest.

1 Like

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by lereinter(m): 11:27pm On Sep 21, 2019
Dss
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by Guidedee(m): 3:39am On Sep 22, 2019
Unilorinofofo:
2 Attempted Suicide as Unilorin Denied over 300 Students from Graduating.
It was reported to us few days ago that a particular lady attempted suicide in her hostel. To God be thy glory, she was caught in the act and was taken to the University Mosque to stay with other Muslim sisters. Prior to this, a particular guy was reported to have bought sniper while his twin bro was the person God used to save him.
The suicidal attempts prompt us to go into the university community to know what is really happening. Below is the information we gathered from both students and staffs in the University.

In August, 2019 it was viral in the University community that certain number of students’ portal were locked by the university management.
Affected Students were so troubled while majority approach the university management on the issue. It was reported that; students illegally access their results via a particular link different from the normal portal. Because, in University of Ilorin, final year students can’t access their results on their portal. The said link is being used to gain access to their hidden results.
The University proceed in sending letter to the affected students departments instructing the department not to process the students results for graduation. It came as a joke! The H.O.D of each department invited the concern students telling them the decision of the management on their case.
Fast forward to the University Senate Sitting. During the sitting, information reached us that some Professors argued with the Vice Chancellor (Prof. Age) stating that, the students should be allowed to graduate since there is no stated punishment for the said offence in the University handbook. Besides, there is no evidence to prove the students affected actually did it themselves due to what has been happening on the University website overtimes. It was reported to us that, the Vice Chancellor (Prof. Abdulkareem Age) disagree with them while he said the matter should be pending till further notice.
A day after the sitting, graduating list was released while other students were processed for convocation ceremony.
Our team went to the University, we got information from students and some staffs as regards this issue. The said link and Spreadsheet that the University claimed is been used by students has been in existence for over 4 years. In fact, it was said that more than 60% of the students uses it to check their results before been released officially. And a particular staff said, the link cannot be used to change results. It can ONLY aide the students in seeing their results.
We proceed with our investigation. From one of the staff at COMSIT, we were told that a particular man called Prof. Adeniran (from faculty of Engineering) is the one behind this dilemma. His the one pushing this case ever since he heard students now have access to their results via a particular link.
It was reported that, Prof. Adeniran went to report the Deputy Vice Chancellor academics (Prof. Malomo) twice stating that; students now have back end into the university portal where they change their results and he has set trap for some set students who used the link (the 300 plus). We were told that; the Changing of results part was what triggered Prof. Malomo which made her reacts to the case.
Also, from our investigation, we gathered that Most students affected doesn’t have idea about it because, via that spreadsheet, other students’ results can be accessed. Besides, we gathered that during electioneering period in the school, people from COMSIT gives students’ politicians COMPLETE DATABASE of other students which contains their portal password for voting processes. It was reported that; the management is aware students have their colleague’s password especially during electioneering period. We were told that, the Sub Dean Student Affairs Unit (Dr Alex Akanmu) has full idea on how these things works. We were told, he made it known to the Vice Chancellor on the inauguration day for the New Student Union Executives that; Some people hacked into the university portal and gave some candidates thousands of votes few hours when the election commence before it was detected.
The above information made it glaring that, most students affected don’t really have idea about it because it is easy for another person to access their portal due to viral availability of their details.
Yesterday, it was reported to us that the Students Union will release an update about the issue but to our surprise no information has been release till this moment.
We gathered early this morning that, the affected students will be invited for Student Disciplinary Committee (SDC) for investigation. In University of Ilorin, nobody goes to SDC without been punished. That’s why we are writing this to the world. Please, come to the aide of these students. They are helpless. They cannot talk. The management threatened them that it mustn’t get to the internet. Convocation is 23rd of October… These students must graduate with others….. NIGERIANS HELP… OTO GE PROF. AGE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fellow Nigerians, your help is needed.
Enough is Enough Unilorin
Enough is Enough Prof Age
Free these students
Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by penukz2015(m): 5:46am On Sep 22, 2019
Shatap ya mauth

jideflash:

Re: Adekunle Gold Reacts To The New Charges Against Omoyele Sowore by opebiboy: 9:09am On Sep 22, 2019
Make all of una go sleep. Always trying to cash in on any popular topic

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Davido's Bodyguard Goes Shirtless, Flaunts Muscles (photos) / TeddyA And His Groomsmen Show Their Gbebody At His Traditional Wedding (Photos) / Etinosa Idemudia Acquires New House In Lekki (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.