Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. - Romance (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. (35011 Views)

Po*n And Mastu*bation Is Taking My Life Away. / One Hand Is Working To Bring Money, The Other Hand Is Taking The Money (Pix) / 'Nigeria Shakira' Blasted For Promoting 'Half Caste Cream' By Dancing In Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:21am On Sep 24, 2019
spencekat:
Wow!It is not a fault.
ok, thanks dear
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2019
J111333:
I'm 6ft3", you wan make we born dogo yaros?cheesy
that's why I said, it's a problem.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:23am On Sep 24, 2019
mrgoodd:

I want her, Is she's cool with a short guy? Quote me back and we can chat on Whatapp
she is humble to a fault. I don't think it's a problem if you are a good person.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:24am On Sep 24, 2019
mysteryman2014:

U dey sell yourself ni.
haba! no need for that now. this one is an introvert. she hardly goes out fa
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2019
bpalace:

you shd be talking to me bro... is she Igbo? bless me with this beauty pls
yes, she is Igbo from Anambra state precisely
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Zikora1000(f): 9:26am On Sep 24, 2019
BornToSucced:

Pls reason with me......I am interested in this angel, even though i am from Akwa Ibom!
no problem
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 9:41am On Sep 24, 2019
Zikora1000:
she is humble to a fault. I don't think it's a problem if you are a good person.
Gve me your Whatapp digit, let see what happen
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Caseless: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm...... don't be in a rush to break any news. Yes you alone can't break the system... but you can try to at least crack it by fighting back instead of just rolling over. You are 21st century generation.... do you or your mates support it? Some traditions just need to be dropped... this is one of them. Your parents are deep into it... you can't convince them. I guess they are Christians.... use the Bible to fight them...

He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing

Let them know you found a wife... and they agreed... were happy... so where does the Bible say at shouod rule her out? For your part.... show depression.... don't eat at home.... say you're not hungry. Don't involve in any conversations unless is about your heartbeat.... just be sitting and staring... and in a few days if no shifting.... then start with basic suicide talk... arrange phone convo with a friend..... let your parents overhear parts of the convo like .....what'sthe point of living if you can't be happy?....and later on.... don't worry...you don't understand... I can't continue like this... when I do what I am planning to do... you will understand.... but that will be too late.

No parent wants to lose their child to suicide... especially when they know they would be the ones responsible. That fear will make them really reconsider their position... and challenge the practice. Don't ever go down without putting up a fight....no fight no change.
After all.... you may get the blessings from your parents... period.... and it would have to be top secret.

brilliant post! Useless culture, backward people.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Zikora1000:
Drop your contact, And don't forget to delete this quote after I text you on Whatapp, Ok
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Peterosky(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2019
My brother, from the way you are defending this OSU madness, your mind is already made up to dump a very rare angel on earth. If you are an ardent follower of marital topics on this forum, you will appreciate why you need to stand very strong against this OSU cast stupidity if the qualities you speak about the girl are real.
I will definitely give a strong fight if I am in your shoes.Moreso,there is an advice on this thread I consider very useful where you will pretend to be suicidal. Just try it if you love the girl as you claim. It may or may not work, but it's worth trying. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 10:28am On Sep 24, 2019
Zikora1000:
no, am not. am tall but not up to 6ft, am 5'8

Oh okay, I'm 5'9. Can I send you a PM?
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 24, 2019
I'm shocked to see a nairalander this myopic. After all these enlightenment on this forum, someone can still dwell on the issue of Osu Cast System. In fact OP is not ripe for marriage yet. Please, stop deceiving yourself that you love the innocent girl. You better leave that girl alone. As a toddler, you have no business with marriage for now. Wait until you grow up so that your parents will provide you with the best wife.

4 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by OdenKelechi(m): 4:16pm On Sep 24, 2019
Leemekzy:
she on board the dana air that crashed in lagos a few years back.
So sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Jombom: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Peaceagain: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2019
OP, take the Girl and run as far as possible and as fast as possible. Good Girls are hard to find. You find one, you marry her sharpally. Regret is a terrible thing. Tradition will forgive you once she takes in. I don't want to come back here in a few years to tell you 'I told you so" cos i'm telling you so now.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MrCEO69(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

If the girl is Dangote's Daughter will u come here? Will umunna stop u? If not then that tradition is trash.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by frozen70(f): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

This is a true love relationship based on all your explanations

These are my advices

The absence of love in a relationship is like a soup with out salt despite the presence of meat, stock fish, dry fish and so

You are the one that might lose because, a man needs a woman that will guarantee him if his happiness and joy in marriage

If you marry her you won't be the fist or last

Assuming she is not from your place, how would you know that they are out cast probably while she is pregnant or what

Yes you can always get another lady, but will you be lucky to have someone similar to her

You won't be the first or last to marry an outcast so why can't you let you parents know that she is your happiness

OK let's assume she based in US, and the same ocean of love is waving between the teo of you and in one of your chats with her, she invites your parents and you for one month vacation, you guys visit and came back, now you inform them that you want to marry her, won't they give you automatic ticket

Well, the person involve is you, let them know that you truely loves her and your heart is with her

Then if you know that you can't marry her for that same reason, wait until you see her one on one then tell her what you have for her, the earlier the better

But before then think and ask yourself, if you can cope with it❓

Don't come back when it's late and tell us had I known, by then you will have to deal with it for life
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MrCEO69(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2019
Clifwoods:

Oh okay, I'm 5'9. Can I send you a PM?

Hmm, make una remember me, send me IV grin

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by filleSouriante(f): 6:27pm On Sep 24, 2019
Jombom:
That is amazing, I attended Abeograms but reside at Ajah Lagos now. Are you schooling over there or you are from there ? If you do not mind, I will love to take you to dinner sometime. You get to chose the place n time so pls don't say no.

Ur funny. U just shot ur shot straight not minding if u'd misfire or not. Anyways lunch should b OK. M not mobile so dinner might not b a good idea. Pls quit been anonymous. It's freaking me out on another side

4 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ayokellany: 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2019
Sorry that freaked you out, this is my alternate same as my Facebook & Instagram. I followed you with this moniker pls follow back, we can exchange email that way, then WhatsApp if you do not mind. Cant wait to read from you cheers !

filleSouriante:

Ur funny. U just shot ur shot straight not minding if u'd misfire or not. Anyways lunch should b OK. M not mobile so dinner might not b a good idea. Pls quit been anonymous. It's freaking me out on another side

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ayokellany: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2019
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2019
[quote author=Originalsly post=82477053]Hmmm...... don't be in a rush to break any news. Yes you alone can't break the system... but you can try to at least crack it by fighting back instead of just rolling over. You are 21st century generation.... do you or your mates support it? Some traditions just need to be dropped... this is one of them. Your parents are deep into it... you can't convince them. I guess they are Christians.... use the Bible to fight them...

He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing

Let them know you found a wife... and they agreed... were happy... so where does the Bible say at shouod rule her out? For your part.... show depression.... don't eat at home.... say you're not hungry. Don't involve in any conversations unless is about your heartbeat.... just be sitting and staring... and in a few days if no shifting.... then start with basic suicide talk... arrange phone convo with a friend..... let your parents overhear parts of the convo like .....what'sthe point of living if you can't be happy?....and later on.... don't worry...you don't understand... I can't continue like this... when I do what I am planning to do... you will understand.... but that will be too late.

No parent wants to lose their child to suicide... especially when they know they would be the ones responsible. That fear will make them really reconsider their position... and challenge the practice. Don't ever go down without putting up a fight....no fight no change.
After all.... you may get the blessings from your parents... period.... and it would have to be top secret.

[/quote
It is easier said than done. U just rap like west-siders.
This issue is not child's play, if U have never found yourself in this situation before, U will not understand what the OP is facing.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Teejaywealth: 8:36am On Sep 25, 2019
My brother, I understand that you are in a deep state of dilemma and this is because you are so much in love.

Marriage goes beyond the husband and wife's union. It is extremely difficult to marry a lady that is not accepted by your kindred. It is better to let her go now than to live a life filled with regrets since it is better to end a relationship while dating than when married.

If your children will be termed as outcast if you marry her, it is best you let her go because you will surely regret marrying her. It will be regrettable to have your children labelled as outcast and rejected in the community or by your relations given that you were not an outcast before marriage.

The long calls, peace of mind and all you claim she gives you now will disappear one the lady feels rejected by your family members. Life and marriage have their respective challenges and do not marry with anyone knowing that there intending problem waiting to unfold.

If you elope with the girl and relocate to another country, you will still want to relate with your family members and that will be not be possible since you would have become an outcast yourself.

You may say you are getting married for yourselves and not your family members but marriage goes beyond that. Just imagine marrying someone with an incompatible genotype, the problems will not come now but when you start having children, you will know that getting married goes beyond falling in love.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Dpharisee: 8:47am On Sep 25, 2019
Christopherrrr:

Since you are Igbo and Anambra to be precise, Bro I'll advice now never to throw caution in the air regarding issues like. You can only do away with it if your community doesn't regards such belief. Aside that, even if you are beyond this planet with your wife, your family down here will be victimized. Please endeavour to ask questions when the time comes. #MyAdvice.

Please free that good girl for matured Igbo men to find her, stop wasting her time since you are a core traditionalist and seem to have made up your mind not to marry her due to fear of the unknown.
You will be the one to lose unfortunately, but everyday you deceive her dimishes your person.
Tell her NOW, it may hurt but she will be fine. I wish I can reach such a damsel as you described and have a word with her and she will be engaged with a true lover soonest, because ezi nwanyi di uko

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Shhhh01(f): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2019
Christopherrrr:

Bro. Fu ck the osu bullshit. she is yours. if u loose her u will regret it all the days of your life.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Pwettyella(f): 6:09pm On Sep 25, 2019
Asetime:
You have already made up your mind. What advice do u need again?
My thoughts exactly
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Chinetz: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2019
Find a polite way to discharge her, dont take advice of people that do not take OSU serious. Your case is far understood by them. even Bishops dont marry OSU. If you dear try it, you will be treated like an OUTcast in your village. Your children will face the same. Your linage will even cause you for making such mistake. look for black goat will the sun shines. She is not the only woman on this earth. What of after marriage she dies, by then you are already messed up. marrying another one becomes an issue. think for future not present.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Marley147: 10:25pm On Sep 29, 2019
clily:

Are you saying that if a free born marries an OSU perhaps without knowing about it in your local government or town, her kids won't be seen as oof SU cause their father is a Freeborn?
yes but its better to avoid it at first if your parents are not in support of it cos it bounces back I don't know if there is a tradition done against them they most surly misbehave a most but I prefer it when a man is bringing them in than when a woman is joining them cos you go still see hell. At the end they most show who they are I have studied them or maybe the land is against them cos me myself I use to be against it before until I studied the ones in my area even those that got there happily it still crushes those that went there because of money & education still felt the pains

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Arabs - The Most Beautiful Women On Earth? / NIPOST Retiree Dies During Sex With 2 Teenage Girls In Uyo / My Big Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.