Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,281 members, 7,818,952 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 AM

Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. (35043 Views)

Po*n And Mastu*bation Is Taking My Life Away. / One Hand Is Working To Bring Money, The Other Hand Is Taking The Money (Pix) / 'Nigeria Shakira' Blasted For Promoting 'Half Caste Cream' By Dancing In Panties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

I sound weak you said? Pray never to find yourself in a situation you know nothing to do about it. Just pray!!
i like you but he's typing the truth. Dear take charge of your life. What the west teaches is, "do what makes you happy". Majority of there rites we have to undergo are terrible. If we had the choice they wouldnt exist. Bride price paying, this out cast stuff. Our ancestors put this laws in place. With development, we've come to realize how unimportant they are.

her great, great, great, great grand parents were slaves, fine but that doesnt make her one. Shes a free woman with as much rights as you. Why judge her for sins that aint hers. Thats local. Embrace developement.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise. My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this. I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

Prince Harry, a Prince in line to the British throne married a black woman, a first in the British monarchy. That's love that is strong enough to break barriers and establish new grounds. Not this nonsense thing you're talking about. Love kii you dia.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Christopherrrr: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2019
scaramucci:

Prince Harry, a Prince in line to the British throne married a black woman, a first in the British monarchy. That's love that is strong enough to break barriers and establish new grounds. Not this nonsense thing you're talking about. Love kii you dia.

Everyone is using our colonial master and western world as reference. People that damned what so ever consequence. Are our people willing to embrace it to the fullest?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Unik3030: 2:16pm On Sep 23, 2019
Blackivy29:
i like you but he's typing the truth. Dear take charge of your life. What the west teaches is, "do what makes you happy". Majority of there rites we have to undergo are terrible. If we had the choice they wouldnt exist. Bride price paying, this out cast stuff. Our ancestors put this laws in place. With development, we've come to realize how unimportant they are.

her great, great, great, great grand parents were slaves, fine but that doesnt make her one. Shes a free woman with as much rights as you. Why judge her for sins that aint hers. Thats local. Embrace developement.
u are talking about west n social media n u are gradually forgeting reality. my sister, this osu thing is deeper than what u think n it's more than love or any grammar u can use to define it. it's inbuilt in d culture n way of life. nobody can fight n win an institution especially if it's traditional,the best thing is to avoid it.

I believe the op knows the implications of what he's about to do n he sees d the depth of what's on ground. bro I will advise u to get another girl cos once problems sets in from left, right n centre,love won't b able to solve it

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by princfred(m): 2:23pm On Sep 23, 2019
uzicuzy:
I thought dis cast system thingy has been abolished?...
Not in Imo state. Once he mentioned osu I knew it will be in Imo state.

Op better find way appease the land then marry your heartthrob it not easy to find a mentally compatible mate o.

5 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:

It's quite unfortunate my community still takes cognizance of it.

The truth is that it can never be abolish because the fear of the repercussions will always be there... I feel your pains bro, just take heart.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
Blackivy29:

First and foremost I don't reason why you are giving a person twice your age an advice EXCEPT if you are not really 16yrs old as you claimed.....

Secondly that useless tradition you are seeing have been there for only God knows how many centuries ago and mind you many who has been against all odd never lives to REGRET IT....

P.S

Don't try curing madness that is older that you.

SHALOM

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 2:40pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Sorry old tradition wanna deal a heavy blow to your happiness. You simply gotta let go unless you man enough to brave the consequences should you decide to go along with everything.

You both can choose to elope. Issa common something in India. If u can't, better cut off from her cos any kids she bears you will be termed Osu.

The repercussions doesn't Worth the stress and many never lives to REGRET IT.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 2:41pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
This has nothing to do with his belief though. Many forces will b against that union.

Well said.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by ephraim18(m): 2:43pm On Sep 23, 2019
this is a very dicey situation... I'll tell u brother to avoid had i know u better man up and cut the relationship in a way it will not hurt the lady... because if u insisted and marry her ur entire kindreds may not accept her and it will be more dissastrous by then.. U know in igboland ur entire family must marry ur wife for her to be accepted in the family... Am igbo and i know the trauma attached to this kind of situation but u have use ur no 6 and do something that will not affect ur generation unborn... All this Pple advising u to go ahead and marry the lady don't know how deep this rubbish osu-caste system is... pls use ur head...

8 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2019
Originalsly:
Hmmm...... don't be in a rush to break any news. Yes you alone can't break the system... but you can try to at least crack it by fighting back instead of just rolling over. You are 21st century generation.... do you or your mates support it? Some traditions just need to be dropped... this is one of them. Your parents are deep into it... you can't convince them. I guess they are Christians.... use the Bible to fight them...

He who findeth a wife findeth a good thing

Let them know you found a wife... and they agreed... were happy... so where does the Bible say at shouod rule her out? For your part.... show depression.... don't eat at home.... say you're not hungry. Don't involve in any conversations unless is about your heartbeat.... just be sitting and staring... and in a few days if no shifting.... then start with basic suicide talk... arrange phone convo with a friend..... let your parents overhear parts of the convo like .....what'sthe point of living if you can't be happy?....and later on.... don't worry...you don't understand... I can't continue like this... when I do what I am planning to do... you will understand.... but that will be too late.

No parent wants to lose their child to suicide... especially when they know they would be the ones responsible. That fear will make them really reconsider their position... and challenge the practice. Don't ever go down without putting up a fight....no fight no change.
After all.... you may get the blessings from your parents... period.... and it would have to be top secret.

This has nothing to do with his parents or family members but the entire of Igboland ,the only bitter but candid advice is to call it off.

3 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Modernist: 2:50pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
Oshey shoot your shot, this one hit the bulls eye.
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 3:14pm On Sep 23, 2019
MPESA:

The repercussions doesn't Worth the stress and many never lives to REGRET IT.
Thank You. Though I think we should start separating ourselves from such traditions. This same silly tradition stood against my getting married long time ago too... Happy it did though.

6 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 3:15pm On Sep 23, 2019
Apination:
Issues like these are really dicey, you can either damn the consequences and follow through or just roll over. What are the repercussions in marrying an osu?

Nothing to dam here because once one enemy discover her real identity even the next generation will be affected... BTW the funny things that will be happening to his Union eh , he might not live to see the end self. ....

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Thank You. Though I think we should start separating ourselves from such traditions. This same silly tradition stood against my getting married long time ago too... Happy it did though.

Am sorry for the outcomes though I believed that God has a reason for it be it negative or positive even my only kid sister stayed from so many male serious suitors , na so she go tear race upon discovery.

It's very painfull because it has done more harm than good both in families and relationships BUT THE BITTER TRUTH IS THAT WE CAN'T STOP....
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by 24kmagic: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
Useless tradition from very useless set of people called inyamiri.

Spits

13 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Originalsly: 3:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
MPESA:

This has nothing to do with his parents or family members but the entire of Igboland ,the only bitter but candid advice is to call it off.

I do understand that.... the reason I said if...if his parents consent... it has to be top secret. That tradition cannot be overturned overnight... but a start must be made somewhere... a precedent must be set.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by addictiv(m): 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
if you are looking for someone that will give you peace of mind. come, let me show you one. her only fault, she is over 6ft tall. but nice shape humble and very pretty too.
And u call that a fault.... Something that my guys would die for... Regarding the op... It's a shame he has already made up his mind to succumb to family pressures n surrender his throat even before the knife has been sharpened.. Osu cast system has been abolished in Imo State and igboland at large. Anybody practicing it can be prosecuted using the appropriate channels. As for being sidelined in family meetings... Nna become a billionaire and see if they won't seek ur decision first before anyone else. Besides what really do u stand to loose? If it's family land.. U can leave them and buy your own land and build ur village house. Any family member that ll refuse to relate with you because you married her is not worth being regarded as family and should not be seen within a 100 miles of your home. I cannot rescind my decision to marry someone based on factors she never had control over. I am also from Imo state, Mbaise to be precise.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 3:46pm On Sep 23, 2019
Originalsly:

I do understand that.... the reason I said if...if his parents consent... it has to be top secret. That tradition cannot be overturned overnight... but a start must be made somewhere... a precedent must be set.

Lol weather secret or not it has it's own serious dangerous repercussions , the only outside issue is that they might use it against your family and your very own family might not associate freely and a lot of discrimination , Bro it's like someone been a stranger among his BRETHREN... No be small thing that's involved, let's just be realistic here.

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by MPESA(m): 3:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
princfred:
Not in Imo state. Once he mentioned osu I knew it will be in Imo state.

Op better find way appease the land then marry your heartthrob it not easy to find a mentally compatible mate o.

Bros absolute NOTHING to appease here. The best thing here is too move ON .
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
AwkaetitiBabe:
Are you married now?
I just want to check something

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
addictiv:

And u call that a fault.... Something that my guys would die for... Regarding the op... It's a shame He is weak, and lily livered and has already made up his mind to succumb to family pressures n surrender his throat even before the knife has been raised.. Osu cast system has been abolished in Imo State and igboland at large. Anybody practicing it can be prosecuted using the appropriate channels. As for being sidelined in family meetings... Nna become a billionaire and see if they won't seek ur decision first before anyone else. Besides what really do u stand to loose? If it's family land.. U can leave them and buy your own land and build ur village house. Any family member that ll refuse to relate with you because you married her is not worth being regarded as family and should not be seen within a 100 miles of your home. I cannot rescind my decision to marry someone based on factors she never had control over. I am also from Imo state, Mbaise to be precise.
Can you walk the talk bro?
"Talk na do"... I hope that is your second name

2 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 23, 2019
24kmagic:
Useless tradition from very useless set of people called inyamiri.

Spits
Spit on them my dear... Is this how the intend to achieve their Biafra?
When they are already discriminating against themselves.... Spits

15 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2019
Op you already made up your mind to discontinue with the relationship on the basis of the osu thingy, I can comfortably deduce that from your replies to comments hear. I think you just came here to trend or something. You could have posted this on your instagram page or facebook as you would get enough publicity there and more people will comment than here.
cool

15 Likes

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by tot(f): 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
In 2019, this is what Nigerians are still discussing.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Odinceblog1: 4:24pm On Sep 23, 2019
Peter Obi Blasts Ngige Says; Stop Attacking Me, Focus on your Work
https://odinceblog.com/peter-obi-blasts-ngige-says-stop-attacking-me-focus-on-your-work/
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by wisdomchukus199(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
So we should fry beans? undecided
undecided undecided
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Pascopele: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
5 Man Crush Monday Quotes
"A strong man can handle a strong woman. A weak man will say she has an attitude." --Pravinee Hurbungs
"It's not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts." -- Addison Walker
"A real man won't date the most beautiful girl in the world -- he'll date the girl that makes his world beautiful." --Anonymous
"A good man will want you to shine. He wants you to be your amazing self. A good man loves to show off his happy, intelligent, amazing, powerful woman." --Anastasia Netri
"A gentleman will open doors, pull out chairs, and carry things. Not because she's helpless or unable, but because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect." --Charles J. Orlando
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Sep 23, 2019
weak minded op

1 Like

Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Kay512: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by slimderek(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Zikora1000:
My Spec �
Re: Osu-Caste System Is Taking The Love Of My Life Away From Me. by Sleevia: 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2019
Christopherrrr:
Hello Nairalanders, greetings. My name is Christopher (pseudonym) from the Eastern part of the country, Imo State to be precise. I'm a man in his early 30's. I have an active account here but I had to sign-up for another account for this thread.
Please pardon my grammatical errors and blunders. MOD please help move to FP.

Few months back, I fell in love with a pretty lady with a beautiful soul. She is 28. Though we are running a long distance relationship but the current in the communication link can power Kanji Dam. Lol!! We can be on calls for hours since the very day I met her. There is a fair share of the feelings, affections, respect and regard for each other. It's not one-sided. Though we have been opportune to be together thrice since the past 10months we met. I have had plans to go about engagement and marriage arrangements this coming festive period though I haven't made this known to her.

She gives me joy, she gives me happiness, she prays for me, she blesses me. There is a part of me she unraveled that I never believed existed. Above all, she gives me peace of mind.

Fast forward to last month, I invited her to a family event. I introduced her to my family as my girlfriend. Instantly everyone fell in love with her. My mum was allover her and she was indeed up and doing. She didn't disappoint me. Not pretence, she has a good home training.

When she left same day after the event, my mum proclaimed her love for her. She said, "Olee ebe isi choota udi nwa nke a?" (Where did you find this kinda girl from?). This made me drop a tear of joy thereafter because I've always prayed for such from her any day I introduce a lady to her. This also happens to be my first time.

Fast forward again to 2weeks later, my dad requested I confirm her community and kindred properly because we happen to come from the same LGA. I didn't even know they have started making inquiries for me even before I asked them to. I confirmed from her and informed my dad. Only for them (my parents) to break the news to me days later that we can't marry from their kindred because they are regarded as Out-Casts (Osu-Cast System). Right now, I can't contend my heartbreak. I'm so devastated and confused.

This has been a long-term tradition that has been for centuries that I don't think it's in my capabilities to do away with it or do otherwise.

My problem now is how do I break the news to her for a breakup because we can't continue like this.

I have never ceased to love her less since the very day I learnt of this. In fact, she gives me reasons to love, cherish and adore her every single day. I still do that to the brim and don't have regrets. Quote me, her type is rare. I love this girl with every breath I take. I just cry myself to sleep every night after our long calls.

Please advise a brother because I'm in a deep state of dilemma.

Your parents and all people who still hold this nonsense view are RACIST!

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why Are Women This Wicked....true Story / Guys: Can You Cry In Front Of Yours Girlfriend. / Arabs - The Most Beautiful Women On Earth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.