Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi (85149 Views)

Ronaldo Reacts To Hat-trick Against Tottenham Hotspur / Ronaldo Reacts As Young Boys Defeat Man United / Salah’s Move To Juventus: Ronaldo Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by gojgyt: 8:12am On Sep 24, 2019
Mustsucceed:
Cr7 is the true definition of messi...most people can't stand this and it makes them feel good to make him feel he isn't worth it

This man is an example of what hardwork and dedication does..he is confident of him self and ready to rake on challenges. Messi doesn't deserve that award..let him keep fooling him self with awards

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by sirlop(m): 8:16am On Sep 24, 2019
Minjim:

I understood why Modric won last year, he was instrumental his country brilliant outing in the world Cup and his role in Real Madrid.
But Messi, what did he achieved this year?
It’s an individual award. Please post Modric’s stats for club and country
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Davidzy23(m): 8:18am On Sep 24, 2019
jaxxy:
Messi doesn’t deserve it not after shameful Barca loss to Liverpool. FIFA has lost it.
So the award was based on one match abi?? mtchewwww...

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:19am On Sep 24, 2019
GhostWisperer:
you have the same disease as Ronaldo.

Please all public figure: politicians, musicians, sportsmen, comedians are open to praise and criticism because they are public figure.

One doesn't have to be hardworking or successful to criticize them. They are public figures so people renew thier DStv subs. and go to stadium and beer pubs to watch them. And their opinions will be made known.

You're sentimentally starstruck and foolish in your reasoning.

And yes, Ronaldo has serious personality problems, goddamn his hardwork. The dude is as envious as a hoe and evil. No wonder majority of his teammates from England and Madrid has nothing good to say about him.

He shunned the event because he knew he'd lose and instead of congratulating his opponent as mature people do, he takes to social media to do coded self-hyping and motivational post like a category A emo-bitch.

Was it not same fool few days ago as saying to the press he deserved to lead in the award? What professional football player does that? He loves the press and limelight (like a teenager loves Facebook) more than football itself.

Shame!

You're sentimentally bigoted, and I don't engage in insults disguised as arguments!
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Lamasta(m): 8:22am On Sep 24, 2019
EVILFOREST:
...no Longer your GOAT abiiii
He's a goat anytime, anyday, anywhere grin
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2019
uthlaw:
if not that football now for marketing purposes....Messi would won the award 10times, messi is not in competition with your penaldo but is your tap in best player that is after leo....if you really knows what real football is I don't need to tell you who is better.... telling us if not for who messi glory will not last!

I need not be told that it's only the indomie generation that uses the term "penaldo", therefore it will be inappropriate to engage in an argument with you, as nothing constructive will come out of it!

Have a nice day!
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by BluntBoy(m): 8:25am On Sep 24, 2019
In my opinion, I think Ronaldo should not have even made that list in the first place.

Messi was a far better player than him in the year under review.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Tflex01:

You must be my age mate. grin

Hahahhahah, you just might be right

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Lordjb: 8:27am On Sep 24, 2019
Okay
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by 9isguy(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2019
owila4luv:
the ojoro in fifa is too much! every normal person knows messi don't deserve this award cos he did nothing other than winning laliga. Ronaldo: Back to back 3times champion league, won serie a, with his new team, achieved more in world cup than messi, won an international trophy for his country within same period, of which messi never came second in any international competition, fifa is crazy!

And you think you are normal?
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2019
henryhemon:

I see you re leaving in the past and filled with jealousy for Messi saying south Americans don't last long yet you re a fan of Ronaldinho.

Messi is on another level n class from anyother footballer alive. I love Henry,Ronaldinho even them played with Messi and will tell you he is the one that raise the bar very high and others follow

Jealousy?

Well your comment is appreciated, have a nice day ahead!
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by kenny1313(m): 8:30am On Sep 24, 2019
Bambambiglo:
Who is Ronaldo where messi is? Nonsense.

It is all the fake hyping that is making him feel special. mtchew

Comparing Rinaldo to messi is like comparing iheanacho to Zinadine Zidan angry

You suck breast?
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2019
olisaEze:

Best comment Nairaland world wide since this crazy media rivalry was born! You’ve got my respect bro... cool

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by MrPaul2: 8:33am On Sep 24, 2019
babajay109:
``After night comes day'' ..... ,ofcourse that's the law of nature but wait..., Ronaldo, i sense some bitterness in your tone, are you talking to FIFA, you should congratulate Messi ,
Have you ever seen a defeated wrestler congratulating his opponent? Telling this man to congratulate Messi, is an insult. Me as his fan, I wouldn't take it grin grin.
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by charlesm91(m): 8:34am On Sep 24, 2019
Messi won but somehow they still make it all about ronaldo. Somehow Ronaldo still steals the highlights cos he is Ronaldo. Haters need to leave him be and enjoy Messi’s win
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by sirlop(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2019
Minjim:

I understood why Modric won last year, he was instrumental his country brilliant outing in the world Cup and his role in Real Madrid.
But Messi, what did he achieved this year?

Real Madrid were;

1. bounced out in the Round of 16 in the Champions League
2. Were 19 points off the top of La Liga, yet had more players in the Fifa World XI than any other team.

Yet people will try to convince us that marketing doesn’t matter or that this is not a popularity contest.
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by presleYzzi(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2019
phyllumtopilla:
. I actually agree with the fact that your guy has achieved so much with hardworking. That's actually a great deal and should be sung to the high heavens but SELFISHNESS AND INORDINATE AMBITION isn't to be celebrated too....I have a lot of respect for Ronaldo though I don't like some things about him.

Ronaldo actually ranks equal to Messi but his quest for glory makes him selfish and extremely jealous....that doesn't apply to Messi. Messi appears unaware of any competition but this other guys blatantly displays "competition with Messi" on his head like women do their wares.

Singing his own praise and alluding all success to himself alone is not modesty. Humility, selflessness and team play has given the 'WORLD BEST' his preside of place.

Bro, if only you realise that the media does more harm than good, only then will you realise that Ronaldo is not as bad as seen.

Every human has evil embedded deep down, but some of us choose not to display them.

I COULD agree with you if you say Ronaldo Is loquacious, but this on its own isn't evil.

Messi is actually not an angel like you guys see him.

If you watched inter Milan vs barca UCL finals 2010, you may recall what messi did to maicon booting him several while he was on the ground, out of frustration.

I'm not here to dispute who is better, but I'm frowning at the fact that if you make 300 posts about Ronaldo or messi independently, please will come to each and every post ranting tirelessly!

Have a nice day!
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by owila4luv(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2019
HBB1:

Pls, can you re-read what you just wrote?
Iz not making sense.
i don't expect it to make sense to messi ass lickers
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Yoighaman(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2019
reportminds:
Cristiano Ronaldo updates his Instagram account with a cryptic message after The Best FIFA Men's Player snub.

'Patience and persistence are two characteristics that differentiate the professional from the amateur.' writes Ronaldo.

'Everything that is big today has started small. You can't do everything, but do everything you can to make your dreams come true.'

'And keep in mind that after night always comes dawn.'

https://www.reportminds.com/2019/09/ronaldo-reacts-after-losing-fifa-best.html

Very insightful words from CR7 himself.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by owila4luv(m): 8:45am On Sep 24, 2019
anigbajumo:
I

You smoke weed,u are comparing his achievement of 2017/2018 to win 2018/2019 Award.He won nothing last season except serial A and glorified friendly match that he never played till semi final,thanks to benaldo silver.You wan compared him with messi that won European golden boot across Europe and UCL highest goal scorer, scroll down and see urself unclad...
Did You Say Unclad? you must be high on tramadol, check Ronaldo's profile,
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Boyooosa(m): 8:47am On Sep 24, 2019
who is professional, who is amateur? ronaldo has lost it, true!

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by owila4luv(m): 8:48am On Sep 24, 2019
9isguy:

And you think you are normal?
messi ass licker spotted
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by johnad3(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2019
Is there a word of pride written in the message? It seems you cant understand simple english at all. Who is boss to who? CR7 ofcourse, hes boss to everyone no one is bigger than him, He has won UCL 3times simultaneously and been the highest goalscorer of the each season? He had won euro for his country and has (MESSI) the other guy in question won anything simultaneously like that and for his country and club? SO THINK clearly before you write ode oshi. Come rain, come shine CR7 is better than Messi. Up cr7

taylor89:
Pride will kill this one

Accept defeat and congratulate your boss

Nonsense and BBNaija
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Ganjafama(m): 8:50am On Sep 24, 2019
PabloAndreas:
If given the chance this guy won't hesitate to shoot MESSI in the face
You are wrong. In real life these guys are just two normal peeps who laugh and joke over some bottles. We are just the ones creating unnecessary enmity when there is none between them.
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by CrestMan: 8:54am On Sep 24, 2019
What excuse does Ronaldo have for not attending an award ceremony that held at his backyard (Italy)? He is too emotional and selfish. If it's not HIM, it should not be anyone else undecided

How can you post a 'motivational' message on the same day an award was given to your rival without a congratulatory message? angry
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by owila4luv(m): 8:57am On Sep 24, 2019
anigbajumo:
I

You smoke weed,u are comparing his achievement of 2017/2018 to win 2018/2019 Award.He won nothing last season except serial A and glorified friendly match that he never played till semi final,thanks to benaldo silver.You wan compared him with messi that won European golden boot across Europe and UCL highest goal scorer, scroll down and see urself unclad...
the award is for 2017/2018, not for 2018/2019 dat is still on, you see yourself? between me and you who is a weed smoker now? mr dundy Messi ass licker
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by HBB1(m): 9:28am On Sep 24, 2019
owila4luv:
the ojoro in fifa is too much! every normal person knows messi don't deserve this award cos he did nothing other than winning laliga. Ronaldo: Back to back 3times champion league, won serie a, with his new team, achieved more in world cup than messi, won an international trophy for his country within same period, of which messi never came second in any international competition, fifa is crazy!

Dude don't burst an artery!

Ronaldo did not win Champions 3 times in a row in 2019.
He didn't achieve more at the World Cup ( at least not this year).

The award is for the person who played best over the year-- count all the trophies, you want, that's your business!

Did Ronaldo play better football asides Messi?

Messi stats were phenomenal over the year, and the votes say so.

Deal with it.
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by kadree(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2019
anigbajumo:
E pain am say e no fit catch messi again,VAR is now available to checkmate offside goals in UCL...

Truth be told, it can only be one man.

His name is Leo.

I dey come maa go celebrate our award for dat angle.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by PabloAndreas(m): 9:40am On Sep 24, 2019
Ganjafama:
You are wrong. In real life these guys are just two normal peeps who laugh and joke over some bottles. We are just the ones creating unnecessary enmity when there is none between them.
yeah that's Messi...can't say the same bou Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by PabloAndreas(m): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2019
Lamasta:

He's a goat anytime, anyday, anywhere grin
Ronaldo is "a goat" while Messi is the G.O.A.T...Big difference

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by Lamasta(m): 9:51am On Sep 24, 2019
PabloAndreas:

Ronaldo is "a goat" while Messi is the G.O.A.T...Big difference

Messi fans una like to compete sha, aba.

Ronaldo voted for young guys una turn am to competition that why didn't he voted Messi in return abi them use Ronaldo do una?

Messi has won the FIFA BEST AWARD may una move on now grin
Re: Ronaldo Reacts After Losing FIFA Best Player Award To Messi by GODPUNISHALABI: 9:56am On Sep 24, 2019
drizslim:
Make him go tribunals o

Tho I see him winning ballon d'or to balance the rivalry

Does dat mean Fifa never tire for cr7/Lm10 Era

Neymar, Mbappe, Hazard step forward,
The time is now or never
balon d or kor that’s for either van Diyk or messi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ballon D’or: Drogba’s Iphone 6 Surprises Fans. Don't Be Too Materialistic! / 5 African Footballers Who Became Broke After So Much Wealth From Football / OFFICIAL: Juventus Unveils Cristiano Ronaldo, New Signing (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.