Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife (74124 Views)

5 Things About Your Past You Should Never Tell Your Boyfriend/girlfriend / Should I Forgive My Girlfriend Or Breakup With Her? Please I Need Advice / Why Is It That Most Women Or Wife Don't Have Respect For Their Husband Any More? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by coputa(m): 4:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
your salary,
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
missjo:
Lol,you some of you are so serious.
My papa bear has told me some of those things while we were in a playful moment. Sometimes,not even when i am in a good mood but the way he says it jokingly makes me tease him with something similar in return.

I take exception to his mother jokes and his ex jokes tho, those ones are a NO GO, don't even tell me none of them playfully angry

Jealous girl. cheesy
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
fatymore:
That means we should not tell each other truth

No, I think it's the intent you're telling them with.

Constant complaints, nagging, criticism, insults can kill a relationship.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by capitalzero: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
obiekunie2:

IDIOT! cheesy cheesy grin
original one
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Divit(m): 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
Dagger111:

Make we click the link so that u go dey smile go bank and we go dey buy data every 2days. Well done o, we done wise.
grin actually no ads on our platform. It’s so clean and simple.

If you don’t mind, You can visit to learn about latest trending news and article with great information score from various news platform across Africa and beyond.
We only aggregate the most interesting and relevant contents in categories of politics, tech, sport, lifestyle, health tips, music, movies, finance, nature and animals.

You can also be part of our team to better serve the community we are building around us. Our ios and android app is in development and will be launched in next few weeks. cool
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 07, 2019
0KNM:
Don’t tell her you are HIV+

Mumu undecided

2 Likes

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by ABCthings: 4:28pm On Oct 07, 2019
Don't tell her she's fucking ugly!
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by ABCthings: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

No, I think it's the intent you're telling them with.

Constant complaints, nagging, criticism, insults can kill a relationship.
undecided
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2019
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by madjune(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2019
Never tell a woman how much you make.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by ABCthings: 4:35pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

undecided
WTF!!!
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by OBku4(m): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
Na who dey go give these kain advice?? All these nonsense wey people dey spew out their head. read book, dem no go read. ...poorly thought out advice!
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2019
ABCthings:
WTF!!!

What the fück??
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by TemmyT002(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
Women and their wahala
You can't understand them 'finish'
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by ABCthings: 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2019
Magnoliaa:

What the fück??
Guy, I don't tire for your matter.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Kiezodumah(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
This thread aiint comp!ete. What about " Things a lady/woman should never tell her boyfriend/ husband? "...
@ least make we sef know some things they keep as secrets..
Abeg tell my crush seunmomoh to call me..

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Magnoliaa(f): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2019
ABCthings:
Guy, I don't tire for your matter.

- you can see a 'f' next to my moniker.

- you quoted me. Now, na me get matter?
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by PapaAdanna: 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
Mchewwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 07, 2019
I wish you told us this long ago embarassed
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by mechanics(m): 5:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Zita55:
So true
hahahahah.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
MusaDanladi1:

Lol! Ok o! It's not fight abeg.
haba, no one is fighting.

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
So, what you are telling men is that we should be dishonest with our spouse and refuse to tell them the truth even when we are morally supposed to do so abi? Just see the hypocrisy in our society. And at the same time, men are supposed, to be honest 100% to build trust abi?

I usually tell my girlfriend about my past, my past relationship and my plans for our future if any. Make it plain 100%. She either takes me as I am or go find herself a liar.

I can't keep things from a woman I claim to love. If she is getting fat, I will not only tell her, I will register her in my gym. If my mum does not like her, I will let her know and show her how to win my mum's heart.

If I bleeped some of her friends in the past, I will tell her so she knows first before she hears it from a third party. It's that simple.

If you are mine and I tell you I love you, I am gonna sit your ass down and tell you all you need to know about me with the belief you won't use it against me. I am proud of my past, as the mistakes of yesterday made me who I am today. You don't like it, well, that's the door.

unitee2011:
To be in loved with a girl and start a relationship is a wonderful thing. Long term relationships are usually based on love, trust and honesty. Even if honesty is very important in a relationship, sometimes may be hurtful. There are some things you shouldn’t tell your partner because it may hurt her or make her change the opinion about you.

Even if you love her very much and you are getting close, these things can affect your relationship and should be kept in secret. Sometimes you can best show her your love by keeping your mouth shut. So, before you start telling her somethings, you should look at these things that may destroy your relationship.

Never tell her if your family doesn’t like her
Even if your family dislike her, it is better to not tell her because she will get angry and insecure. This will create future problems and tension between her and your family. If you truly love her, all you can do is to let your family know that she is the one you have chosen, and they have to respect your decision. Try to make them change their minds about her.

Never tell her she is getting fat
Even if this is true, please don’t tell her this. It will make her feel very bad and she will think that you don’t like her anymore. Think about how she would feel, and you can say: ” honey, let try to lose a little weight ”. Let her decide when is the time to lose weight because she will do it without you hurting her.

Don’t criticize her when she is trying to do her best
This is the worst thing you can do. If she sees that she is trying hard to do the things fine and you begin criticizing her, she would feel disappointed that you don’t know to appreciate her for the fact that she is trying her best. So, you should get over it, and you can help her in doing that job. Maybe next time she’ll be doing better.

Don’t tell her how your mother would have done things
I know that for men their mothers always represent a model in life, but we must admit that all the families are different. So, we have been raised by different kinds of parents and in different ways of life. Everyone is taught to do things in their ways and that’s why you can’t ask your girlfriend to do things or to live like your mother. A woman can have her views and opinions, and all you can do about this is to tell her stories about how you were raised and how things have been done in your family. You should adapt at this new way of life, without comparing her with your mom.

Don’t remind her about your ex in a special moment
Never ever compare your dating nights or things you do together with the ones you have done with your ex, don’t remind her that. It is a hurtful thing for her to see that you are still thinking about the other.

Don’t tell her some bad things you have done in the past
If she doesn’t find out already, you better keep your mouth shut; it is in your favor. If you tell her that you have cheated your past girlfriends, for example, she will have a totally bad opinion about you, and fell disappointed. So, these things you shouldn’t disclose.

Never tell her that a football game is more important for you than her.
Even if is an important game, don’t tell her to let you alone in that moment because you are busy and don’t have time for her. You better smile and pretend that you are listening to her too and try to catch the key words. She might ask you one or two things to test you.

Don’t ask her to relax when she is very angry
When she is very upset, scared, or very angry the worst thing you can do is to ask her to relax. This will make her angrier because she will think that you don’t take her serious. If you upset her by doing some bad things, and you just tell her to relax, she will fell that you are denying that there is a reason to be upset.
Don’t tell her that you are insecure

In a relationship or dating woman is looking after a strong and confident man. So, if you are insecure, or you are jealous on her because, for example, she has a better salary than yours, you have to keep this aspect just for yourself.

Don’t declare your love during a fight
The words ‘‘I love you ‘‘mean a lot for a woman that’s why it should be said at the right moment. But most of guys say this during a fight. She doesn’t believe a word in what you say because she considers that if you really loved her you wouldn’t upset her. You may say you love her but only after your fight is over.

Do not tell her that you like her girlfriend[b][/b]
Maybe one of her girlfriends is very beautiful and you like her so much, please your partner shouldn’t find out this. If you say that her best friends look very good and you like her, she will feel hurt, angry and will never trust you around her friends. So, keep it to yourself.

If you want to have a long and strong relationship you shouldn’t permit or say some things that can destroy it to your partner. Don’t be completely honest about the things which should not be told.

https://daybydaylifelessons.com/10-things-you-should-never-tell-your-partner/

1 Like

Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by bluefilm: 5:48pm On Oct 07, 2019
The only thing I will not tell the bitch in my life is my former illegit activities.

Every other thing will be laid bare on the table.

I'm tired of being too careful not to hurt people's emotions.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Boyooosa(m): 5:54pm On Oct 07, 2019
kuma summarise na and write 'dont marry her!'
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by deebrain(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Obviously, you are not married or you and your spouse have trust and understanding issues. Or the list works for you and your spouse.

We (my wife and I) do most of what you mentioned, with the exception of a very few (we are presently looking at your list and laughing) and are still stronger as ever.

Stop using book ideaa. Find out what works for you and your spouse and work with it. You make intending couples fear of the marriage institution.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 07, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Mumu undecided
Big head is scared of HIV cheesy cheesy
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Stillthebest: 6:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
kiss

Just say we should not tell her anything!
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Victoria25(f): 6:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Very true
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by Greatfullheart: 7:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
I Agree with Each and Every Point You've Made except The Football Aspect; i Disagree i Love Football More Than My Life, i'm Not Saying Football Is More Important Than Her But i Value Football The Most.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by naijadrivablog: 8:00pm On Oct 07, 2019
Yes, if you didn't marry your own and you started with secrecy and lies.

Before you get married, tell your partner about you (even if you have stolen before, done prostitution, etc). If he or she loves you, it won't stop the marriage and won't be used against you.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by biomedics(m): 8:47pm On Oct 07, 2019
If she is getting fat I won't only tell her I will sing it like music for her.
Re: Things You Should Never Tell Your Girlfriend Or Wife by missjo(f): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
King44:
if that is you on you dp you have one of the nicest shapes ones gf/wifey should have keep it up

n for guy screaming where is your boobs? if you are not pleased go and hang yourselves

Lol, thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Facebook User Claims A Customs Boss Slept With Her Twice And Dumped Her (Photos) / Isnt He The Most Handsome Yoruba Guy In The World / Guy Tests His Girlfriend's Faithfulness With A Fake Account On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.