Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,482 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48919 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by BigIyanga: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Ok, So how best do I part with her, then?

Any suggestion from you?
This one has a self-delusional/destructive mindset.. and you’re looking for someone to redeem you?? No two ways about it.. You’re bound to have an SS child and she/he can be your first child. This is a stupid question.. emotion over reality and welfare of a child
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Octopusssy(f): 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sad. This shiit has cost me some good men

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by zhuche(m): 7:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
This is really very sad. I had similar experience and we had to visit a doctor for counselling. He said it's best to just put love aside and separate but that a child's genotype can be identified during pregnancy and actions can be taken if the result is not favorable, but it's very expensive.

I decided to let go but my partner said she is willing to take the risk. I insisted and we broke. She said alot of unfair things to me but I had to be a man, their is a lot ahead of us and to start running from hospital to hospital is not welcomed at all.

Your fiancee may try to convince you and tell you about people who have taken the risk, the tone of her voice will make you apply pity instead of wisdom.

The decision is yours... soo sorry

4 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.
Thanks and God bless.

Why subtly aim a dig at people when from all indications they are in dire straight?

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Godsonkemz(m): 7:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
It's very difficult to let go of whom you love but for the love of your kids, you have to let go. This is not the end of the world. You guys will still find right partners. When my babe who's AS realized that am AA, the love she have for me compounded.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by mickool(m): 7:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
Go and do another test to confirm.infact, both of you should go and do the test.Then if it's the same, seek the doctor's advice and go ur seperate ways.But I see the possibility of one of you been AA.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by charityjames1: 7:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
You will never be happy for the rest of your live!

Don't try it my brother !!
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by 2ScrewsLoose: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.
Lovely grin

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by mechanics(m): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
Just don't go further.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by brainhgeek(m): 7:54pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.

What you should do is to take the news with a pinch of salt.
If you have faith, use the faith to change both your blood types to AA before you get married and start having.kids. Don't endanger innocent kids with faith that can't move mountain. You like her, yes! But the emotions you have now will start wearing out when you start nursing problems you had the option of preventing.
Secondly, although a test-cross will indicate the probability of the outcomes, it doesn't tell you what genotype emerges first and it only takes care of four children per time. What if you have more than four? It is still possible to have 10kids and all of them are AA. It all boils down to chance and that chance is what you shouldn't risk because the stakes against you are very high.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Officialcartel(m): 7:55pm On Oct 08, 2019
cheesy cool cool[color=#990000][/color] Ss no be bad thing
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by TheGreatIYANU: 8:01pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

As I type this message, my heart is heavy...

Bro theres already 11 pages on this thread, but I pray you see this.

You see, KNOWLEDGE is POWER and lack of it can sometimes sound like it, but usually, it's just empty NOISE!

A lot of people here are commenting on a subject they have absolutely no knowledge or authority on so let me tell you this -

You can get married to tour heartthrob! There are medical procedures that can alter the genomes of your unborn babies so talk to a qualified and knowledgeable medical personnel.

The procedure maybe quite financially tasking, but for love, I dare say it's worth it!

That your 'new and better' job. Better start SAVING!

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by xaggar(m): 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

@jieta, I kept the guy you quoted quiet because I don't want to dignify madness. I initially replied his first comment thinking he was joking, I never knew he was ex-raying madness.

To the issue at hand,

My brother, though its painful. After investing much time and energy, I honestly won't have much problem moving on. But my girl? Hmm! I hope she understands quickly.

Thanks though.

Have the both of u tried the genotype test at three different centres (government, private and maybe a lab). Do try. You maybe surprised that one of you may turn out AA.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by notoriousbabe: 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
You better forget it
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by maasoap(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

I'm not sure if anyone has specifically responded to this question. It is possible for you to have two children and both will be SS.

3 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by pavoda: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
angry more clarity on the question
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Vikky014(f): 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Ok, So how best do I part with her, then?

Any suggestion from you?
mydear. ur unborn kids shouldn't suffer this pls. just part ways with her. i just lost a family friend. a graduate waiting for NYSC. the only boy. the parents fortune all went to the hospital for treatment till he clockrd 24 last month. ..infact ur kids will hate u if they get to know that u actually intentionally put them into the mess of SS crises. i will never wish my enemy a sickler
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by pavoda: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
All outcomes are possible, considering that a 20% chance in this case is not a joke. Heck 5% is tough to ignore
maasoap:

I'm not sure if anyone has specifically responded to this question. It is possible for you to have two children and both will be SS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Harpyeagle(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.
Mehn. Try Lords chosen church, give God some time(lets say a month) go 4 tests again. If the results r still same then u could end the relationship. I hear a few who were in same situation and got it sorted out at the church. Just try you never know. U free 2 inbox me anytime.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by maasoap(m): 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
Octopusssy:
Sad. This shiit has cost me some good men

And it is equally giving some men sleepless nights. Two of my guys are due for marriages but the supposed good girls always turned out to be AS just like my guys. It is a serious matter

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by BroAchival: 8:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
xaggar:

Have the both of u tried the genotype test at three different centres (government, private and maybe a lab). Do try. You maybe surprised that one of you may turn out AA.

I'm planning on doing the test again but in a different hospital. If it's still AS, then I'll asked her we both go to any government hospital of her choice to perform the test together.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Ojima23(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
Have you ever seen a child with SS
Please don't take that risk bro. Gotta friend that lied to his babe he is AA whereas he was AS. He went ahead and followed his heart to get married. Luckily, first child was AA.
Second and third were both SS. Now, that strong love btw the both of them is something else.
Don't risk it bro, it ain't worth it.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by xaggar(m): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

I'm planning on doing the test again but in a different hospital. If it's still AS, then I'll asked her we both go to any government hospital of her choice to perform the test together.

If it comes out AA for any of you; do let us know on this thread.

Hope you get your heart's desire.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Dreew(f): 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:

Get a spoonful of water and drink.

The Sarcasm in my post isn't for fools.

I really like your sarcasm.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nakeph(m): 8:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Oga you know what to do and stop wasting our precious time
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
Don't marry her find a good one with a nice Genotype sickle cell disease the kill people o no lets your child suffer or die because of LOVE
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by TruthProphet: 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
banjicom:
embarassed

I know this is very hard for you right now, but bro i beg you to think of your unborn kids! The disadvantages of this genotype issue is far more than the advantage in the long run.

There is no easy way bro, you have too let her know and let her go!

Bringing an healthy child into dis world get e own wahala! Let alone
Giving birth to an SS child, na double wahal be dat o! U don't have to put ur future on luck my brother you will regret it.

Anyway the choice is yours, i wish you the best

Got a question, why is this genotype/AS/AA issue only coming up in Nigeria. Never heard a white person complain about genotype issues or sickle cell anemia; why only Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by tolijascro(m): 8:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
mickool:
Go and do another test to confirm.infact, both of you should go and do the test.Then if it's the same, seek the doctor's advice and go ur seperate ways.But I see the possibility of one of you been AA.

LMAO grin grin grin grin
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by hightempo(m): 8:44pm On Oct 08, 2019
The best decision for you now is to part ways so as to avoid the avoidable worries,troubles, financial and emotional drains in the nearest future. I can't even wish my enemy to continue such a relationship because of the experience had with my neighbor in my undergraduate days, out of the four children they had, 2 were ss. It drained them financially eventhough they were being paid well. Up to this moment i still can't fathom how they choose to marry each other because the husband is a lecturer and the wife a nurse.....
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Teespice(f): 8:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
as painful as it is, you have no choice but to go your separate ways. you say you love her but can your love stand the test of time if your wife gives birth to a carrier of SS and you are in and out of hospitals spending money and running helter skelter.

if your answer is yes, then by all means go ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Teespice(f): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
alternatively, you can do CVS. its a procedure where you get to test the foetus to see if it is SS. if so,it can be evacuated.

test is risky and very expensive
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Aladdin1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you say you love her.then marry her if you both are rich.you can do test during each pregnancy to determine the babys genotype and if its ss you abort it.if its as or aa you leave it.but i dont know if this test is done in nigeria and its expensive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Experienced Mothers In The House / My Wife Sleeps With My Brother - Husband Tells Judge / Zambian Woman Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Shaved His Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.