Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,612 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48901 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by rottennaija(m): 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.

Is it possible to test the genotype of unborn babies?
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
olasaad:

No that's not what I'm saying. I mean how can he give me another woman child when I can also have my own kids
because yours will be sick if u bring them to earth
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Allsingles: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Is obvious so many single people don't do the necessary things before been in a serious relationship that could lead to Marriage.
You did this Genotype and Blood Group test late, before now, you should have known all this things including HIV/AIDS status, STI/STD status as well.
Don't go ahead with the marriage because you will not like the results later.
Others should learn to avoid decieving yourself

Check my signature
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by olasaad(f): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
aminu114:
because yours will be sick if u bring them to earth

And what will happen to yours
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Realbelieveer(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
nairaland comments sucks dis days..even the one wey no be doctor go talk..

hey Mr man dont act like a coward- you know the right thing..u just came here to disturb us-

open up to her about the genotype issue - then both of you should see a medical doctor.

my parents wer both AS- but with AA 5KIDS..

just seek medical advice and she won't be emotionally down dat much.

the ones saying coffin and death or run might be one bitter soul vector-like brain underage whatever.

awaam!!

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Butoneday2(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Just forget about the marriage to avoid been having circular as babies. But God dey sha. My opinion doh cool
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Fastlinkpro: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
Op, just thank God, you know it earlier, what is Love compared to what you will face later in future. Sharp sharp ,table the issue , to me, is better to let her know now simple.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by muzeze77: 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
Not worth it my brother, I buried my son last year he was 3 years and 5 months old, he had sickle cell, he suffered before he died and we suffered too , we slept many times in hospitals, I will forever by haunted by my decision to marry an AS lady. Find another woman, a word is enough for the wise

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by 3rdavefarms(m): 4:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
You need no one to tell you MR man Gerra outta here
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Olu1000: 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:

No Mister, it's you who is in dire need of a siesta, you're the one who's planning to wreak havoc into the lives of your fiancée and her innocent children if you can't use the gooey mass deposited within your cranium to make the right decision.

Actually, what you need is a really long sleep because you'll definitely be getting very little if go on with your suicide plans.

Nonsense and Infantile Emotions.

P.S Kindly send your fiancée details to my P.M, I'll sincerely appreciate and reward your gesture.

That's so insensitive.Thunder fire u dia!
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Heman7(m): 4:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.

YOU ARE SO WICKED
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Thecodingslayer: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

Thanks.
I'd say you should go for it. Tell me are you marrying her because you want her to make babies or because you love her, from your story I'll assume you love her, so why should fear of having a sickle celled baby hinder your marriage. Again I know a lot of sickle celled people who are doing fine also the probability of you having a sickle celled baby is just twenty-five percent so if you're okay with just one or two children they might even turn out to be AA or more probably AS. So if I were you and I'm ready for marriage i will go on my knee and ask her to marry me
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by etrange: 4:34pm On Oct 08, 2019
OtemAtum:
Genotype, not blood group.

Thanks
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by dalongjnr: 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
You know what to do,breakup and stop disturbing us or Marty the AS person and given birth to SS child who you and the child will suffer for the rest of your life both emotionally, psychological, financially, painfully and other wise. Your family will know no peace if you have a SS child. If God help u to have AS children, you are Lucy.
For SS the only cure is bone marrow transplant for the affected child which is risky and capital intensive. Fool yourselves with love and pay the price later.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by fish23(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
Leave your fiancée. cry
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ode4short: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
As for me I suggest you talk to her about it, now is time. But you will have to give her time to find another suitor before you do anything about marriage on your own side....

Peace......
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Heman7(m): 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bro I know it's hard to forget about her but u got no choice.... Am so sorry you can't marry her unless you want to cause harm to ur future kids... Just explain to her that you are a carrier"AS",she should understand and move on, and lest you forget in case of next relationship, if u wanna go deep into it, make sure ur girl goes for medical check up so u could get to know her Genotype..

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Youngzedd(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
How can you be in a relationship for more than 3 months without knowing your partner's genotype?

Bros, don't angry angry

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:

No Mister, it's you who is in dire need of a siesta, you're the one who's planning to wreak havoc into the lives of your fiancée and her innocent children if you can't use the gooey mass deposited within your cranium to make the right decision.

Actually, what you need is a really long sleep because you'll definitely be getting very little if go on with your suicide plans.

Nonsense and Infantile Emotions.

P.S Kindly send your fiancée details to my P.M, I'll sincerely appreciate and reward your gesture.

shut up jareh, typing like a fool, they are some topics children shouldn't be part of

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Blabbermouth: 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my question is:
Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?
Thanks.
Do you trust me? No!!!
Do you trust Him? Yes!!!
Then marry and conceive for two children only.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by yoged(m): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2019
I take God beg you , I take your parent head beg you . put an end to the relationship, if you don't, you'll regret for the rest of your life and I'm sure the marriage will eventually collapse.
My younger sister and her fiancee put an end to their long relationship week their introduction. She thought she was AA, until mom asked her to go and redo the test .boooom she was AS, the fiance was AS also. That was the end . she cried a lot but life goes on
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
Marry and enjoy SS kids. Out of 7 billion people, it's another AS you wanna marry. Clap for yourself.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Scholar212(m): 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
iRyan:
Visit your doctor and discuss it with him when you are ready to have kids, he will guide you on the options. It might be financially draining especially if you don't have insurance.
My sister and her partner are both AS. They have two kids and both are AA.
your sister and her husband spent over 5million for each conception, that's the part she didn't tell you.. So OP if you can afford that amount for prenatal genotype screening and implantation then go ahead if not better break up now.. Been in the medical sector, I have seen the pains family of SS go through in real life, it is not worth it.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Testy17: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
Not advisable for you to get married to AS. Think much of your unborn children
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Xclusiveme: 4:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Ok, So how best do I part with her, then?

Any suggestion from you?

If u both are willing not to have children of your own, it's fine. U re gonna have to adopt. But try telling her and see how she'll react. If she's not happy with it she will let u go. But if she cherishes you and still want you after the news, and u truly love her u can go ahead and marry her and later adopt a child. Family isn't always about blood. It's about the communion. I wish u de best of life. Pray God will lead u to the right decision

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by donprinyo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2019
Only if u ready to adopt and never to bring in SS into dis world, go ahead and marry her.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by colestephan86: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.
There are 3 ways
1 get married and give birth to kids with SS and cater for them until they die and if God help you they don't die early , I assure you they will die later.
2 get married , get your wife pregnant, before the baby is born know the genotype , if he or she is SS kill the baby by terminating it. If God helps you the SS comes at different times , if not , they come one after the other and that means you have lots of your babies to kill .
3. Just choose the 3 life line by walking away now , if God helps you , and you didn't let love becloud your reasoning, later on in life , you both will be happy you parted ways.
May God help you.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by donhils: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2019
Unless you just want to marry and love her with no plans of getting any kids anytime. However, you asked about having just 2 kids which means you intend having them...here's the thing, with AS AS there is 25% chance of having SS in 4 births which means 1 out of 4 would be SS but the problem is you can't get the permutations accurately...it means the 1st kid could turn out to be the one with SS or the 2nd or the 3rd ...
So pls let her know the situation on ground and decide but it is very wrong to deliberately bring sickler into this world all in the name of Love. The pain will later be very excruciating

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sterope:
He may never find someone like her.

That's the plan, not to find an AS person wink .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by leochuks1990(m): 4:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
Why is no one thinking of adoption.
Bia bro... you guyz can get married and adopt kids

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Soulseeker01(m): 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
Which kin question be this one na, well the answer na Jaaapa
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by fclala: 4:46pm On Oct 08, 2019
My dear just part with her. Let her know that it will be more painful for both of you to continue in the relationship than going your separate ways now. i wish both of you the best of luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / Six-Month-Old Baby Boy Dies In His Sleep After Mother Gave Him Tramadol (Photos) / Zambian Woman Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Shaved His Pubic Hair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.