Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,970 members, 7,810,689 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48747 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Dinho20(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
ANYWAYS

IT DEPENDS ON YOU

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by tosyne2much(m): 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
You can go ahead with the wedding if you don't want to have kids.. You can also go ahead if you think you can afford a bone marrow transplant which will cost up to $20k otherwise just steer clear off the marriage

You will gnash your teeth in the nearest future

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by error4040: 5:04pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.

since morning I have being having a very though day, but this your Post LWKMD bro thank you for making me laugh so hard and smile grin

OP Ignore this man o, because his own Lane was created for his type Alone

LWKMD once again grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Very stupid and nonsensical post
Coming from a learned guy and fiancee or whatever

U're not coming here for advice cus u can get an unbiased one in an hospital.ute only here to get likes and comments but I no go give u any advice

Do what ur 'learned brain' tells u it's right
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by austertee01(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sir, it is a strictly NO to that marriage except you are ready to have your babies through IVF (where you have an option to choice their genotype). Also be informed that there will be nothing like 'my wife mistakenly take-in'

BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Run! but if you have the money go ahead. You can do a test on the embryo to determine if it's SS. If it's SS you will have to terminate it, but if it's AS then you are lucky. But bear in mind that if you terminate an unborn child, that's a murder and you will forever live with the guilt. cool cool
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nsarug80: 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
Love dies in the face of terror. My brother, when the crisis associated with sickle cell comes, you'll regret ever getting married to her.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by stealmatic(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
etrange:
Sorry, bro.

I think your question should "how best do I part ways with my girlfriend whose genotype does not match with mine?"
guy i dnt tink u wil mak heavn

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by murchurat(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you love your unborn child? Japa
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Chuksgeo: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2019
A 2019 medical journal is claiming there might be light at the end of the tunnel for people like you as scientists from a research institute in the UK have successfully developed a drug for that can alter DNA genotype, although they are saying it is still in its early stages of trial.

So bro cheer up, besides you really need God because I have also seen people whose genotype was miraculously changed by God almighty, so there is hope but if you believe

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by michealdeco: 5:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

Thanks.
if you really love her and you don't want to lose her then you can consider adopting your children

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ctleurocollege: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you decide not to have children then go ahead
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by sizer07: 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
first you made a huge mistake by not knowing your Genotype when you guys just started courting and things began to get serious, she shd have long been gone by now and gotten her match. Secondly, even Jesus Christ there not tempt God, by listing to the crabs of ...OH.believe in God, have faith he will do it for you and your unborn children will come out without SS is a serious blasphemy of faith and tempting God when he has clearly given man kind the Knowledge to developed equipment to detect and avoid this calamity.third n lastly those children will hate you for the rest of there small lives they intend living becuz there is no two ways about it.its unavoidable they will all be RIP, will all will be someday, but there's will be excruciating with pains and agony, from one hospital to the other. Resources drained and finally succumb to death. guy..... are all this what you want to put your life into and that of the lady? Seat her down and let her know the implications,apologies for not knowing in time and move on. do not let love blindfold you and lead you into making the biggest mistake of your life. God will surely heal the both of you and bring a perfect match for the both of you even before you knew it. The God I know can never be in support of bringing a child into this world to suffer out of negligence and ignorance of there alleged parents to be who fail to adhere to advice of not been a match, which is proven scientifically and still went ahead simply becuz they are blind with love . MY HUMBLE ADVICE

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by stealmatic(m): 5:08pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.
u jam block,ur sense just travld
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by GuntersChain(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ogbeni, you have nothing to worry about, you can get married though but while giving birth who knows when the SS carrier might step in it might be the first or at the middle or the last kid. If you are lucky your first two kids might be non carriers.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by sandland: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
Please run,run,run. Iam As and did not joke with it. I married Aa. No option.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Quelme: 5:11pm On Oct 08, 2019
omoharry:
That means there is hope. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Yes!!!! The test is around 250k.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Thecodingslayer: 5:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
I'm saying this again; marry her things will turn out fine. A wise man once said; if there if love there is hope
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by BridgeClinic: 5:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
Hello, greetings to you,

We can only imagine the kind of pain you must be going through emotionally, to have to lose someone you love for a reason of genotype incompatibility.

Bridge Clinic is happy to tell you about Preimplantation Genetic testing (PGT). This is a medical procedure performed on embryos (created during IVF) to test for the genotype and other chromosomal abnormalities before transferring the embryo into the womb of the woman. This way, couples of AS-AS genotype are assured of healthy babies.

Bridge Clinic is Nigeria's most fertile fertility clinic, located at Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt. You can visit our website - www.thebridgeclinic.com for more details about us.

If you would like to reach us for further communication, you can reach us via the following mediums:
Call: 01 631 0092
WhatsApp: +234 810 460 7791
Email: enquiries@thebridgeclinic.com

We wish you and your partner all the very best. Have a blessed day.

BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Felimax(m): 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
Don't be a fool! Nairaland is not the best place to bring this kind of issue. Listen brother it is God that gives a wife. Note! Not all women are wifable. If you are very convinced of this diamond giving to you then you must do all you can to protect and guard her.

Go to God on your knees and you will see your problem is solved. My wife, then my fiancee was ask if she will decline my proposal since we are of same genotype AS she said no.

Today we are married with two beautiful kids Male and female who are doing awesomely well.
May God lead you.

4 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Macgyver1: 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

Hi bro, you can marry her if you have serious money. The genotype of a foetus can now be determined in less than 1 month, just that the test is expensive. If it's SS you abort, if it's AS you leave it.

So if you have money to check the genotype Everytime she's pregnant, then go ahead and marry her.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by emonis88: 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Sure, I have no option, my brother.

But that girl is 101% a wife material.

Lucky the man who will appreciate and wife her.

Thanks anyway.
It is not advisable that u have children with her and end up with a child that is ss. But I fit marry her o! Cus me na AA. So as na 101% wife material she go do well with me na! Abi?

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by tomioro(m): 5:16pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:

Thanks and God bless.
What an advice! May God forgive you your sins. My brother, flee from the unknown so that you don't live the rest of your life in regrets
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by tee10: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

Medical science has advanced so well, it’s possible to have healthy children through IVF
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Thecodingslayer: 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
Both of you been AS doesn't mean if you have children one out of the four will be SS. It just means that there is a twenty-five percent chance of having a sickle celled child, even if you have ten children you may be lucky not to have any sickle celled child among them. So I'm saying this again just marry her and if you don't want to take chances you can do IVF because it will allow you choose the genotype of your baby

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Bukax14(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2019
you're still asking what to do my dear there is absolute nothing you can do about it OK, just walk away it hurts but that's the only way to avoid future regret

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Fatasy(m): 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
You are very stupid,are u educated at all,does anyone have tell you that both genotype are not compatible,and this non sence topic made fp.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by briggson07(m): 5:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
Wait lemme ask ifa
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by zeedof(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
I have an inlaw that's SS. If he see this your right up, I swear he will not curse you but she you... he always blame his parent from bringing him to this world.... bro I am witness his pained... Don't try it oooo... your future kid will curse you either in your present or absent.

2 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by gabicon: 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

i would think that the question of genotype is something that should be discussed before a relationship gets too serious. I lost 2 siblings to SS, its not an exprience I will wish for my enemy.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by vince96w2(m): 5:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.
confirm with two more laboratories. If its eventually true,u will have to break up..the pain in the future is worse than what you will feel now..the probability for SS child is 25% per pregnancy,AA 25% and AS 50% but from experience most kids turn out SS.. But if u feel you can cope and your love is Strong then HVO ahead..
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by nedekid: 5:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
jieta:
@Ereolamide Sometimes i wonder how some of you sleep at all after giving out stupid advice. like seriously you took out your precious time to put this up.

@op, please look for another partner, though is painful but surely with time you will move on.I believe your progeny should be your priority going into marriage.
He was only being sarcastic.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

When Did You Realize Your Spouse Stopped Loving You? / I'm Tired Of My Marriage!!! Please Help / My Lover — Not My Husband — Impregnated Me, Wife Confesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.