Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? (48865 Views)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / My Ex Fiancee Is Pregnant For Me / Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by lordatkinson07(m): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you stay in this relationship, ready to have SS as one of the product to come from the marriage.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:
Greetings to this great house,

As I type this message, my heart is heavy.

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

I have always believed that my genotype would be AA, but I was wrong!

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

1.) Is it possible to have just two children without an SS child?

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

3.) Please, what do I do?

Please, help me and send this to front page for greater views and advice.

Matured and very serious advice needed.

Thanks.

I love nairaland , a word they say is enough for the wise, I am convinced that you are a wise man.
God bless
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Hillary01(f): 4:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ereolamide:
Bro you don't have to get worried at all. Follow these instructions carefully:

1. Keep your genotype a secret, don't tell her. If she insists, get the test done, alter the S in your result to A with a black Biro( black ink must be used in cases such as these).

2. Proceed with your wedding plans, get married to her since you love her so much. Women are very gullible she won't suspect a thing she is in love with you already.

3. You don't have to bother about your kids genotype, the lucky ones will turn out fine while the not-so-lucky ones will bear the SS genotype, you can also alter their genotype with a Biro and profess positive affirmations into their lives.

Note: You have to be 'churchious' to get your desired result.

4. With this, everything will be alright, and if things turn out otherwise, be rest assured that you'll be fine since you and your wife won't be the ones to endure the pains and crisis that come with sickle cell anaemia, the children will bear their cross bravely from hospital beds to hospital beds

I believe my advice is matured enough, I even checked my spellings, grammar and punctuations for extra marks.

Thanks and God bless.

Bitter Truth
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Tony142: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Well to start with, I am SS by genotype, I Know the kind suffer when I don suffer for sickness matter, the money my parents wasted on drugs only since I was born is enough to buy 3 plots of land in banana island, lagos, and 5 new cars, my brother it not worth it

Sometimes when I am sick, I will just look at my parents and feel like slapping both of dem

8 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Yussuf06: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Please dont marry her..i beg u..u will jus bring suffering to an ss child...marrying her is not true love buh stupidity
BroAchival:

Up till today, I have never known my genotype till I went to do medical fitness test for my job/employment process.

I've being dating by girlfriend for about two years and seven months now, and I've always seen her as a perfect match to me, not because she's perfect, but because she's very loyal, reserved and calm, respectful, teachable, willing to learn, beautiful and very supportive to say a few.

Kai, the thought of losing her is killing and unexplainable. cry She had been a BLESSING to me all these while.
We've really worked on ourselves and helped each other to overcome our weaknesses.

With the challenges of my new and better job, will I really have that time to woo women and start the process of working on a woman to blend and suit me?

And this is a girl I'm planning to settle down with by the middle of next year, after I must have gotten used to my new job.

Somebody told me that there's nothing God can not do, that he has seen people giving testimonies about change of genotypes. I didn't doubt him, it's just that i'm not the "churchious" type who easily believe all those stories.

Now, my questions are:

2.) How do I relate this sad news to her (after she has turned down several serious marriage proposals because of me)?

Thanks.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by AfroKnight: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
Imagine a graduate asking this kind of question in 2019!

I’m disappointed.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by fixmykey(m): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
RUN AWAY NOW
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by capitalzero: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Now, my questions are:

Thanks.

Two options
1. Both of you will do permanent sterilization -vasectomy and bilateral tubal ligation
2. Move on

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by OtemAtum: 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
etrange:
Sorry, bro.

I think your question should "how best do I part ways with my girlfriend whose blood group does not match with mine?"
Genotype, not blood group.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by omoharry(f): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
I heard there are ways you can detect if a fetus is SS right from an early stage of pregnancy. If it turn out to be SS then you can get rid of it..until you get an AA fetus then you can let it live..while both of you will still be together and your love unbroken. However,they said this can only be done abroad.I dont know if Nigeria is advance for that kind of thing.well doctors in the house..pls step in, your advice is needed.

3 Likes

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Sterope(f): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
He may never find someone like her.
pcguru1:
Not to sound cold but way it's cheaper for you to find an AA woman than the amount of money you will blow. You will always find another woman bro
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by calyto: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
Why would you want to do that?

Why should you even be thinking of other people's opinion when you know quite well that you CANNOT marry her?

Please don't waste our time on this street jooor.

NEXT..................................
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
olasaad:

Selfishness
and you too are selfish u dnt want ur man to marry another
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by larrypappyy(m): 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
oga go end d relationship now....better now than to suffer l8a
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Tony142: 4:24pm On Oct 08, 2019
Hillary01:

Bitter Truth

Is like u no no wating b ss na make, I am SS by genotype I Know wating I dey talk, AS and AS marriage is not worth it
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by afavour: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
my guy quit the relationship to avoid future suffering,...person nor go see stone put e eye Mk e blind,...someone said run mine is flee..thank u

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by es144000: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
Run, run, run.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by benzzyno(m): 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Sure, I have no option, my brother.

But that girl is 101% a wife material.

Lucky the man who will appreciate and wife her.

Thanks anyway.
. Sounds more like u've already made ur decision you just needed to confirm..
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
Young man don't bring inocent child to d world to come suffer cos of ur stupidity. Don't even temp my creator. Bone marrow transplant costs up to 12 million naira plus all d stress. Life is too short already & u want to still use like 10 or 20 years of ur life tackling. When u go come enjoy? What do u know about love sef.

Dis forum & many young zombies in it. Make I go relax abeg. If u like hear word. Life is not hard but we humans make it so.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Quelme: 4:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
dinodangana:
Brotherly let me advise u this way, we aren't leaving in the old days anymore bro, this is the 21st century where technology has taken over everything, science and technology has provided solutions to millions of problems that was probably tagged impossible some couple of years ago.
Bro with the level of technology we have genotype isn't qualified to stop u from spending ur life with the love of your life, There're so many options for couples to take And CVS TESTING is the best, browse on it bro, out of all the ppl here commenting just a few like us can know ur true pain. This is the 21st century bro
I tire for them, most people are not aware of CVS... Genotype is no longer a barrier so long as you have the money.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
omoharry:
I heard there are ways you can detect if a fetus is SS right from an early stage of pregnancy. If it turn out to be SS then you can get rid of it..until you get an AA fetus then you can let it live..while both of you will still be together and your love unbroken. However,they said this can only be done abroad.I dont know if Nigeria is advance for that kind of thing.well doctors in the house..pls step in, your advice is needed.
are u proposing a murder?
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Canberra55: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
W
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ifyain: 4:26pm On Oct 08, 2019
If you must marry this your girlfriend, this is the nuclear option , seat her down and explain everything to her. whenever she is pregnant both of you must check the genotype of the of baby and if the baby is SS, then you must abort it. this will cost you money and emotional stress. on a positive note I and my ex are both AS and had four kids and none is SS. BUT I WILL NOT ADVICE YOU TO TAKE SUCH A BLIND RISK. I did not even realise my genotype till after I had those kids. good luck.

1 Like

Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Donbasi(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Candid advice brother, for the sake of your unborn please forget that relationship look for an AA partner period.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by crazybee069(m): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
The best thing is to break it off.... You might be unlucky and your first child will be SS or you might be lucky and all your children will be AA... Buh its not advisable
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by olasaad(f): 4:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
aminu114:
and you too are selfish u dnt want ur man to marry another

No that's not what I'm saying. I mean how can he give me another woman child when I can also have my own kids
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by jaybros: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
All i can say is Please don't marry each other. Its hard...yes..but for that child's (that might just be SS) sake, picture the pains s/he will go through in life....one of you will forfeit career and goals just to cater for that child...if not children. Please I am not against faith but see no need stretching faith for this except for a miraculous change of genotype for one of you BEFORE the wedding. Please we can as a people end sickle cell by ensuring no AS marries another AS with the aim of procreating. This will be hard....but its for the best.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by ikwedim(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
The sweet of toto want to push you into an action you will regret. Run ooooo. The consequences no be here oooo
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Quelme: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
omoharry:
Synlab, Clina Lancet laboratories and El-lab run those test.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by paulos4me50kano: 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
BroAchival:

Sure, I have no option, my brother.

But that girl is 101% a wife material.

Lucky the man who will appreciate and wife her.

Thanks anyway.

Can you recommend me to her pls? On a serious note.
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Denko2721987(m): 4:29pm On Oct 08, 2019
Marry her if u really love her and feel bonded like you claim.. But you've gat to raise children from another woman with a compatible genotype or adopt children.. That's if you wife will agree to such arrangement afterall marriage is primarily all about companionship before children.. Life could be harsh but this is your best option except science can address the issue of incompatible genotypes..
Re: My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? by Bonjelomo: 4:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
I dated Sis B for 5 years (our undergraduate yes).I'm mfm and she's deeper life. No sex. No immorality. I'm AA and she's AS. When we were about finalizing things DL people told her it's an 'unholy' union and because her father is a fulltime worker in the church, they have to preserve the ticket meal - an she walked out on me!

Years after we parted she could not settle down because the were all AS. She eventually ran into a guy after being worn out and finally got married.

God is faithful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Nwanyi Ocha, Swiss Blogger Celebrates Her Nigerian Husband's Birthday In Igbo / Bread On A Ceiling Fan Because Of Rat (photo) / Marriage Of Zimbabwean Woman Who Had Unprotected Sex With A Bizman Crashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.