Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,431 members, 7,836,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. (21979 Views)

Lagos State Has Larger Economy Than 46 Out Of 56 Countries In Africa / Lagos GDP Is Bigger Than Rwanda, Angola. A Shame For Someone Say He Develop Lago / The Development Of Less Developed Countries Is A Strategic Threat To The US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 10:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

Street Hawking are allowed in Up-country areas. That is in rural areas. Kigali is an international city and must meet the international standards as defined by the government at all cost.

They have Okada in Kigali but only one passenger and the passenger must have an helmet on......

They set rules and they make sure the rules are 100% met with 0 compromise.

Something we need to learn in Lagos. Do you know since when they have been trying to implement helmet and over carrying passengers in Lagos. I was shocked to see 5 people mounted on a bike in Lagos....

Is banning street trading, street hawking and arresting a segment of the population because they are undesirables ok and the reason why is to make Kigali look clean.

Yes Or No?
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
FarahAideed:

Go where ? I was born in Lagos so I am a citizen by birth and by stay , by school and by tax ..You go back to Osun

Igbo is not our native language in Lagos. Please be proud of arochukwu for once. Lagoon treatment is still very much potent,be warned !

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
My point is, it is hypocritical to accept failure and incompetence in other states and allow the same failed states to pass on their burden and failure to Lagos state to bare.

Lagos state at some point under Fashola tried to do exactly what they are doing in Kigali to make it clean, but the same people calling Lagos state dirty screamed, yelled and wailed needlessly, they screamed tribalism and an assault on poor people even though they deported folks from the SW too.

If you are going to clamor for orderliness and cleanliness, first accept personal accountability and make sure you are ready to pay the price for cleanliness and orderliness.

Nigerians don't want to be orderly, they are too unruly to govern, most are naturally dirty and government efforts can not change them unless they do what they are doing in Kigali, pick them up and lock them up, fine them and make sure they don't return to the city.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by walexbiz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 13, 2019
afroniger:

Guy, you are a well known Lagos hater so your opinion isn't worth nada. How big is Rwanda relative to Lagos? Rwanda is ruled by a sadistic dictator in the person of Kagame who does not tolerate opposition (he assisinates his critics, including those that fled Rwanda because of his dictatorial and iron fist regime), and most of the country's budget is financed by foreign donors and international bodies. You can only bamboozle your fellow ignoramuses. Rwanda is making developmental strides but I repeat that it is still nowhere near Lagos in terms of development, and you can take that to the bank.

Pls don't let bask ourselves in mediocrity, if you are a true born Lagosian you will accept the fact for the past 20 years Lagos has largely been misruled. We were comparing ourselves to other Nigerian states which were far off from good governance. A comparison with other African state of comparable status show Lagos is far behind all thanks to the Godfather at bourdillon who has free access to Lagos State treasury.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2019
They want to be like America and compare their own dirty and lawless ways with America, but they act like dirty pigs, they throw garbage everywhere, they block drainage and when it floods, they blame the government and not themselves and their own dirtiness and dirty ways.

In America/Texas, the fine for littering is $500. A repeat offender may have to cough-up a fine of up to $2000+ 180-days of jail.

Are you dirty people ready to pay N176,500 for throwing gala wrapper inside gutter or even pay N706,00 as a repeat offender?

Before blaming the government for your dirty environment, first blame yourself and hold yourself accountable for your dirty ways, the government did not leave Alahusa to dirty your streets, you did.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 13, 2019
walexbiz:

Pls don't let bask ourselves in mediocrity, if you are a true born Lagosian you will accept the fact for the past 20 years Lagos has largely been misruled. We were comparing ourselves to other Nigerian states which were far off from good governance. A comparison with other African state of comparable status show Lagos is far behind all thanks to the Godfather at bourdillon who has free access to Lagos State treasury.
Sanwo-Olu needs to find a way to break free from the Godfather at bourdillion who is one one the greediest humans in the African continent that wants a piece of every pie from road construction contracts,taxes,garbage collection and toll-gates.

Sanwo-Olu means well for the state in my observation of his management style. How he manages the bullion van master master and the vaste patronage network that milks Lagos dry will determine his success,
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2019
NGpatriot:

Is banning street trading, street hawking and arresting a segment of the population because they are undesirables ok and the reason why is to make Kigali look clean.

Yes Or No?

A ban must be respected. Those that are arrested are against the law of the land. That simple.

We Nigerians sometimes hate to follow the law and yet cry fowl when apprehended for disobedience.

The Rwandan government are very strict with their laws and they don't make compromises like we often do.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by NGpatriot: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2019
donfineboi:

A ban must be respected. Those that are arrested are against the law of the land. That simple.

We Nigerians sometimes hate to follow the law and yet cry fowl when apprehended for disobedience.

The Rwandan government are very strict with their laws and they don't make compromises like we often do.

This is the main crux, as a society, we complain and blame the government for everything under the sun even for our own unruly and dirty behavior. yes, we can not excuse away leadership incompetence in Nigeria because it is prevalent, but are we ready to pay the price for cleanliness and orderliness.

This is why we shouldn't make illogical comparisons because there's a reason for the cleanliness you see in Kigali, they did something to achieve that, something you in Nigeria can not allow or abide by so why are you comparing yourself with them?

When the government in Lagos did exactly what they are doing in Kigali, the same dirty and unruly people with their supporters on the internet, even here on NL rained insults and abuse on the Lagos state government, they screamed tribalism, they yelled tyranny, cruelty and so on.

The fact is, before posting rubbish to compare yourself with other people, first ask yourself if you are willing to act and behave the way other people behave to attain a clean and sane society.

Basically, practice what you preach.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by chinchum(m): 12:54am On Oct 14, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
lol smh...Does that make them underpopulated?? Don't talk ignorantly please too early...

Facts on ground.. .China population vs Nigeria population. . Look at diz uncircumcised boy oooo the circumcision in diz context is education..Before u begin unzip ur trousers
There is nothing that implies you are educated let alone intelligent to comment regarding the topic. The moment you start comparing China population vs Nigeria population without putting in to consideration population density, you are not even worth it.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 1:43am On Oct 14, 2019
NGpatriot:

This is the main crux, as a society, we complain and blame the government for everything under the sun even for our own unruly and dirty behavior. yes, we can not excuse away leadership incompetence in Nigeria because it is prevalent, but are we ready to pay the price for cleanliness and orderliness.

This is why we shouldn't make illogical comparisons because there's a reason for the cleanliness you see in Kigali, they did something to achieve that, something you in Nigeria can not allow or abide by so why are you comparing yourself with them?

When the government in Lagos did exactly what they are doing in Kigali, the same dirty and unruly people with their supporters on the internet, even here on NL rained insults and abuse on the Lagos state government, they screamed tribalism, they yelled tyranny, cruelty and so on.

The fact is, before posting rubbish to compare yourself with other people, first ask yourself if you are willing to act and behave the way other people behave to attain a clean and sane society.

Here we go again. You seem to be going round in circles. But I am very glad you understand my points and have accepted them.

It is the failure of the Govt to allow nonadherence to rules and regulations not the people. Govt who make excuses and give compromises are not fit to lead. That is why Nigeria just like you keep going round in circles.

I have lived abroad most part of my adult life and I understand the importance of adherence to laws and conducts. Lagos is a lawless land and the epicentre of lawlessness in Nigeria. I am aware that the State Govt and his deputy often do traffic watch and apprehend several traffic offenders erverytime. They are both fed up of such nuisance...

Comparing Lagos with Rwanda provides a case study on how effective Laws are being managed by Govt authorities, amongst other factors. Which Lagos can emulate and bring some sense of sanity to the polity.

But I bet it is pretty difficult for your comprehension. Maybe some day when you much older you would understand.

Good luck in life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 2:01am On Oct 14, 2019
donfineboi:

Here we go again. You seem to be going round in circles. But I am very glad you understand my points and have accepted them.

It is the failure of the Govt to allow nonadherence to rules and regulations not the people. Govt who make excuses and give compromises are not fit to lead. That is why Nigeria just like you keep going round in circles.

I have lived abroad most part of my adult life and I understand the importance of adherence to laws and conducts. Lagos is a lawless land and the epicentre of lawlessness in Nigeria. I am aware that the State Govt and his deputy often do traffic watch and apprehend several traffic offenders erverytime. They are both fed up of such nuisance...

Comparing Lagos with Rwanda provides a case study on how effective Laws are being managed by Govt authorities, amongst other factors. Which Lagos can emulate and bring some sense of sanity to the policy.

But I bet it is pretty difficult for your comprehension. Maybe some day when you much older you would understand.

Good luck in life.

2 Likes

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Livefreeordieha(m): 3:14am On Oct 14, 2019
chinchum:
There is nothing that implies you are educated let alone intelligent to comment regarding the topic. The moment you start comparing China population vs Nigeria population without putting in to consideration population density, you are not even worth it.
brain dead...Lovers of mediocrity. Mr Frankenstein who couldn't even who couldn't dispute my false submissions is not better than a dead rat...

Not worth my time either ��
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 14, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
lol smh...Does that make them underpopulated?? Don't talk ignorantly please too early...

Facts on ground.. .China population vs Nigeria population. . Look at diz uncircumcised boy oooo the circumcision in diz context is education..Before u begin unzip ur trousers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 3:42am On Oct 14, 2019
donfineboi:

Comparing Lagos with Rwanda provides a case study on how effective Laws are being managed by Govt authorities, amongst other factors. Which Lagos can emulate and bring some sense of sanity to the policy.

Good luck in life.

See, you keep ranting and writing needless essays about laws and enforcements as if we don't know the meaning of laws and enforcement.

Yes, laws have to be enforced, but then what? Ban street trading and hawking, pick up and lock up people walking up and down the street that you term undesirables?

After banning street trading and hawking and rendering millions of people jobless or after arresting and locking them up, what next? What are you going to do with them?

Tell us what you are going to do with millions of jobless people?

And after doing all that, what about the thousands entering Lagos every day to do the same thing?

Laws enforcement sounds good, but it's not your solution, it's not how you stop people from trooping to Lagos every day to constitute nuisance and overburden the resourced and dirty the environment.

Abeg, enough of the simplistic and naive essays about law enforcement, the National structural issues that necessitate people leaving their filed states to seek refuge and survival in Lagos should be your primary focus because if you don't deal with, you are just spinning your wheels.

In your come back post, make sure you explain to us how to round up the millions of traders and street hawkers in Lagos and what you intend to do with them.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 4:04am On Oct 14, 2019
The movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has condemned what it describe as the insensitivity and cowardly altitude of Igbo governors , traditional and Religious leaders towards the recent deportation of over 100 Igbos residents from Lagos State.

This was contained in a statement issued by the National Information Officer of MASSOB , Mr Uchenna Madu. He reasoned that the Igbo leaders failure to condemn the act against Ndigbo was open evidence that most Igbo leaders are cowards.

"How can Governor Fashola hurriedly package some Igbos like carton of frozen fish , loaded in a truck and dumped under the upper Iweka fly over in Onitcha. Is this not mans' inhumanity to man? This is a direct proof that the Igbos are not part of Nigeria.

" This is second time this Year Governor Fashola of Lagos state has deported Ndigbo from Lagos without due process. We can no longer fold our hands watching with no reaction from Igbo governors, politicians , religious and Traditional leaders. This inhuman and callous act of Governor Fashola proves the pathological hatred the Yorubas have against Ndigbo irrespective of our 55% contribution to Lagos state development " Mr Madu stated.

He said Ndigbo are not happy with the degrading deportation of People of Igbo origin in Nigeria , suspecting that in no
distance time the northern governors could follow suit " this is a very big question that needed an urgent answer and Igbos shall soon reply our enemies.

" Governor Fashola's altitude justifies MASSOB's agitation for Biafra Sovereignty .MASSOB shall continue to fight for Igbo emancipation and stand for genuine interest of Ndigbo and Easterners in general" he
stated.

In the same vein, Aka Ikenga, an Igbo group, frowns at the development. In a statement issued by the president of the organisation, Chief Goddy Uwazurike, he stated: "We question the pedestal on which they were deported. Was the deportation by a court order? Was it at the whims and caprices of anybody in authority in Lagos? Some of those deported claimed they were abducted on the roads, detained in a camp and then dumped in Onitsha, Anambra State, by trailers and trucks.

"This is horrible and an aberration for a citizen to be deported from one part of the country to another. This is a democratic era and it is difficult to believe that the highly respected government of Lagos State will be suspected of involvement herein. Whatever be the case, this travesty must stop forthwith before it degenerates."

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?ui=iphone&ref=profile&option=com_content&view=article&id=1205%3Adeportation-of-igbo-s-from-lagos-to-onitsha-illegal-aliens-in-their-country&catid=115%3Anews&Itemid=551&fb_source=timeline#_=_

Look at them, this is what they did when Fashola tried to clean up Lagos.

Hypocrites..
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Livefreeordieha(m): 4:26am On Oct 14, 2019
djdutch:
Rwanda annual budget for the year 2019 is $2.9 billion dollars. And with that budget they are able to provide 24 hour electricity,have one of the cleanest streets, and best road networks in Africa. In addition they use this budget to fund their military,National Airline,embassies around the world and maintain their 3 airports.

They are currently building a new international airport and a new railway line.

Lagos Governor Sunmolu recently signed Lagos State N874 billion naira ($3.2 billion dollars budget) into law. Lagos state has received 5.6 thrillion naira($30.6 billion dollars) since 1999.
The effects of corruption of epidemic proportions is evident throughout Nigerian states. We need Rwandan leaders to take over leadership positions at Federal,State and Local Government level for 10 years.

Our leaders are kingpins,boss of all bosses,oga at the top when it comes to fantastical corruption(Na David Cameron talk am).

https://yourbudgit.com/data/lagos/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzoLz44_EdU
the Prince of cons will look at Nigeria from his tomb and frown..
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 7:42am On Oct 14, 2019
plaindealer:

See, you keep ranting and writing needless essays about laws and enforcements as if we don't know the meaning of laws and enforcement.

Yes, laws have to be enforced, but then what? Ban street trading and hawking, pick up and lock up people walking up and down the street that you term undesirables?

After banning street trading and hawking and rendering millions of people jobless or after arresting and locking them up, what next? What are you going to do with them?

Tell us what you are going to do with millions of jobless people?

And after doing all that, what about the thousands entering Lagos every day to do the same thing?

Laws enforcement sounds good, but it's not your solution, it's not how you stop people from trooping to Lagos every day to constitute nuisance and overburden the resourced and dirty the environment.

Abeg, enough of the simplistic and naive essays about law enforcement, the National structural issues that necessitate people leaving their filed states to seek refuge and survival in Lagos should be your primary focus because if you don't deal with, you are just spinning your wheels.

In your come back post, make sure you explain to us how to round up the millions of traders and street hawkers in Lagos and what you intend to do with them.

LOL!! I understand your frustrations.... But you need to save your emotions and frustrations on the Govt you put in the office through elections and not me.

Any Govt that doesn't have a contingent plan to manage it's high population has no business in governance. You voted your Govt in and had reasons to vote him, follow his plan or vote him out next election.

My purpose in this discourse is mainly to justify the importance of comparisons and explain the significance of population as an asset. Which I have done and achieved.

The failure of your Govt to profer solution or their ineptitude in same regard is solely between you the electorate.

Rwanda have credible institutions and they have shown great governance in sustaining a very robust and effective institutions over the years. Give them credit!!

If your Govt is not working for you vote them out and try another. Nigeria is just a place were people vote the same people and they complain things are not working.....

Good luck in life..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 14, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
the Prince of cons will look at Nigeria from his tomb and frown..
grin
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 14, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:

Igbo is not our native language in Lagos. Please be proud of arochukwu for once. Lagoon treatment is still very much potent,be warned !
Primitive tribalist- the world has left you behind.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Oct 14, 2019
plaindealer:

Hypocrites..
Lagos cannot be cleaned without getting the former drug baron and bullion van maste's leprous hands off the state treasury
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 1:42pm On Oct 14, 2019
donfineboi:

LOL!! I understand your frustrations.... But you need to save your emotions and frustrations on the Govt you put in the office through elections and not me.

Any Govt don't doesn't have a contingent plan to manage it's high population has no business in governance. You voted your Govt in and had reasons to vote him, follow his plan or vote him out next election.

My purpose in this discourse is mainly to justify the importance of comparisons and explain the significance of population as an asset. Which I have done and achieved.

The failure of your Govt to profer solution or their ineptitude in same regard is solely between you the electorate.

Rwanda have credible institutions and they have shown great governance in sustaining a very robust and effective institutions over the years. Give them credit!!

If your Govt is not working for you vote them out and try another. Nigeria is just a place were people vote the same people and they complain things are not working.....

Good luck in life..

See, this is the problem with you people, you shout and rant all day, but you are void of basic solutions, basic ideas and vision.

This is a discussion between me and you, not the government, you have so much to say about what the government should do and how they need to make and enforce laws, but you are clueless per what happenes after that?

See how shallow you are?

You love to compare like little kids, but you can not offer a simple solution if the people in kigali cleaned up their city by arresting and locking up their own citizens, why not come out and do the same lame and shallow comparison that you wnt the Lagos state government to arrest and lock up millions of people, where to keep, house and feed millions of jobless people you pulled off the streets and locked up.

If you want to compare yourself with any place, are you willing to do what the people you are comparing your=self with do to their own people? Of course, you are not, you are just a bunch of hypocrites making dumb noise with zero understanding of what you are saying.

This is the problem with these Nigerian youths, all they do is wail and make silly noises, but they have ideas, zero solution or vision.

This joker ranted all day and compare all day about the government and law enforcement, but when asked to give his own views per what happens next, he's all of a sudden dumb and deaf.

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 1:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
donfineboi:

Any Govt don't doesn't have a contingent plan to manage it's high population has no business in governance. You voted your Govt in and had reasons to vote him, follow his plan or vote him out next election.

Good luck in life..

The movement for the Actualization of the Sovereign State of Biafra (MASSOB) has condemned what it describe as the insensitivity and cowardly altitude of Igbo governors , traditional and Religious leaders towards the recent deportation of over 100 Igbos residents from Lagos State.

This was contained in a statement issued by the National Information Officer of MASSOB , Mr Uchenna Madu. He reasoned that the Igbo leaders failure to condemn the act against Ndigbo was open evidence that most Igbo leaders are cowards.

"How can Governor Fashola hurriedly package some Igbos like carton of frozen fish , loaded in a truck and dumped under the upper Iweka fly over in Onitcha. Is this not mans' inhumanity to man? This is a direct proof that the Igbos are not part of Nigeria.

" This is second time this Year Governor Fashola of Lagos state has deported Ndigbo from Lagos without due process. We can no longer fold our hands watching with no reaction from Igbo governors, politicians , religious and Traditional leaders. This inhuman and callous act of Governor Fashola proves the pathological hatred the Yorubas have against Ndigbo irrespective of our 55% contribution to Lagos state development " Mr Madu stated.

He said Ndigbo are not happy with the degrading deportation of People of Igbo origin in Nigeria , suspecting that in no
distance time the northern governors could follow suit " this is a very big question that needed an urgent answer and Igbos shall soon reply our enemies.

" Governor Fashola's altitude justifies MASSOB's agitation for Biafra Sovereignty .MASSOB shall continue to fight for Igbo emancipation and stand for genuine interest of Ndigbo and Easterners in general" he
stated.

In the same vein, Aka Ikenga, an Igbo group, frowns at the development. In a statement issued by the president of the organisation, Chief Goddy Uwazurike, he stated: "We question the pedestal on which they were deported. Was the deportation by a court order? Was it at the whims and caprices of anybody in authority in Lagos? Some of those deported claimed they were abducted on the roads, detained in a camp and then dumped in Onitsha, Anambra State, by trailers and trucks.

"This is horrible and an aberration for a citizen to be deported from one part of the country to another. This is a democratic era and it is difficult to believe that the highly respected government of Lagos State will be suspected of involvement herein. Whatever be the case, this travesty must stop forthwith before it degenerates."

http://radiobiafra.co/index.php?ui=iphone&ref=profile&option=com_content&view=article&id=1205%3Adeportation-of-igbo-s-from-lagos-to-onitsha-illegal-aliens-in-their-country&catid=115%3Anews&Itemid=551&fb_source=timeline#_=_

Hypocrites..
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2019
djdutch:

Primitive tribalist- the world has left you behind.

Will you shut up your putrid mouth and crawl back into your cave rapscallion? You will always wish you're Yoruba!

#fact.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2019
plaindealer:

Hypocrites..

You need to learn to hold your Govt accountable. One of the biggest bane of socio-economical development of black Africa is the nonchalant disposition you dweebs show in holding your leaders accountable for their inactions.

If Fashola failed but tired and you give him a pat on the back for that, why take it out on me? Why not hold him accountable and vote in someone from another party who can bring the needed change?

But as usual you guys are self-denial and disoriented. Suffering but Smiling folks. Good luck in life!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by donfineboi: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2019
plaindealer:

See, this is the problem with you people, you shout and rant all day, but you are void of basic solutions, basic ideas and vision.

This is a discussion between me and you, not the government, you have so much to say about what the government should do and how they need to make and enforce laws, but you are clueless per what happenes after that?

See how shallow you are?

You love to compare like little kids, but you can not offer a simple solution if the people in kigali cleaned up their city by arresting and locking up their own citizens, why not come out and do the same lame and shallow comparison that you wnt the Lagos state government to arrest and lock up millions of people, where to keep, house and feed millions of jobless people you pulled off the streets and locked up.

If you want to compare yourself with any place, are you willing to do what the people you are comparing your=self with do to their own people? Of course, you are not, you are just a bunch of hypocrites making dumb noise with zero understanding of what you are saying.

This is the problem with these Nigerian youths, all they do is wail and make silly noises, but they have ideas, zero solution or vision.

This joker ranted all day and compare all day about the government and law enforcement, but when asked to give his own views per what happens next, he's all of a sudden dumb and deaf.

1. I am not your governor and I don't intend runing for it either.

2. I have left your country because I realised long before now that your leaders are complete jokers and lack the basic strategy to run a 21st Century society.

3. If you want solution so bad hold your Govt accountable and don't hold me. I am in no position to be held accountable so pour your frustration on your Govt and not me Biko!!

4. If you are too crude minded to understand my point and basis of this well stretched argument, then you definitely need to have your brain checked, no offence.

5. If your Govt are clueless vote them out and vote in people with pedigree. I know there are many Nigerians with enviable capabilities home and abroad. But the problem is you people always vote for mediocre handpicked candidates from your Godfather. And when things go bad, instead of taking it out on the Govt, you dweebs take it out on me and my likes. What a joke....

Good luck in life!! My deluded compatriot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by myobjective: 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2019
Minjim:

Population should be an advantage. Ask China.

Nigeria is actually more congested than China.
Nigeria 1/6th of China in population and 1/10th in landmass.

China has more resources per head, my land per head, more surface water per head even without comparing its technological knowhow.

Nigeria is a very poor third world over populous country, we are actually very poor as a country, we depend heavily on primary goods like crude oil and agro produce but our semi-illiterate populace believe that we are rich
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by myobjective: 9:10pm On Oct 14, 2019
donfineboi:

Any Govt that doesn't have a contingent plan to manage it's high population has no business in governance. You voted your Govt in and had reasons to vote him, follow his plan or vote him out next election.

Rwanda has credible institutions and they have shown great governance in sustaining very robust and effective institutions over the years. Give them credit!!

Good luck in life..

Rwanda is basically a banana republic with a strong man dictator that west is in love with, all those beautiful pictures only mask the underlying poverty that the majority of the population is facing.

Until we restructured and allowed proper control of resources Lagos will continue to experience overcrowding. The immigration from other less poor region is placing a strain on the state.

Majority of you economic immigrant in Lagos don't contribute a dime to the cover of Lagos in your 2b2 shops, majority of you that don't obey traffic rules, don't dispose off your refuse properly will come here to badmouth Lagos.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by myobjective: 9:41pm On Oct 14, 2019
Blackvic1:
all I can say is that we should be ashamed of ourselves there’s nothing melodramatic About this...we actually have Stockholm syndrome, we are used to rubbish been dished out to us by our leaders and lagos is our almighty newyork , lagos and Abuja are pile of shit compared to other economic cities and there capitals no drainage no health system no road no light no city centers education system is 0 internet access is less to nothing , we don’t even have a 3g internet access , where a bank will go for hours and they will tell you that the internet is down, tell me 1 thing that is working in this country and I will tell you 100 that is working in Rwanda and other places

Majority of world population live in developing nations from Africa, to Asia to Eastern Europe and south America, that is the reality. The problem with Nigerians is we shout, wail and complain when we actually don't know how to build a nation. Compared to other African Nigeria is actually doing well, Nigeria per capita is actually about $6,000(PPP) with a population of around 200m while Rwanda with a much smaller population is just around $2,000. In all ramification, Nigeria is far ahead of Rwanda not to talk of Lagos.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 9:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
donfineboi:

1. I am not your governor and I don't intend runing for it either.

2. I have left your country because I realised long before now that your leaders are complete jokers and lack the basic strategy to run a 21st Century society.

3. If you want solution so bad hold your Govt accountable and don't hold me. I am in no position to be held accountable so pour your frustration on your Govt and not me Biko!!

4. If you are too crude minded to understand my point and basis of this well stretched argument, then you definitely need to have your brain checked, no offence.

5. If your Govt are clueless vote them out and vote in people with pedigree. I know there are many Nigerians with enviable capabilities home and abroad. But the problem is you people always vote for mediocre handpicked candidates from your Godfather. And when things go bad, instead of taking it out on the Govt, you dweebs take it out on me and my likes. What a joke....

Good luck in life!! My deluded compatriot

[/s]

What is your own solution, all people like you do is cry, yell and make childish comparisons, but when called upon to offer solutions, they are all of a sudden deaf and dumb.

if you don't have any solution or formulate any sane and intelligent remedies, why compare yourselves with other people?

If you think we must be like them, then tell us how and how to get there.

Shows how shallow and pointless you people are.
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by plaindealer: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
donfineboi:

You need to learn to hold your Govt accountable. One of the biggest bane of socio-economical development of black Africa is the nonchalant disposition you dweebs show in holding your leaders accountable for their inactions.

If Fashola failed but tired and you give him a pat on the back for that, why take it out on me? Why not hold him accountable and vote in someone from another party who can bring the needed change?

But as usual you guys are self-denial and disoriented. Suffering but Smiling folks. Good luck in life!!
[/s]

What is your own solution, all people like you do is cry, yell and make childish comparisons, but when called upon to offer solutions, they are all of a sudden deaf and dumb.

if you don't have any solution or formulate any sane and intelligent remedies, why compare yourselves with other people?

If you think we must be like them, then tell us how and how to get there.

Shows how shallow and pointless you people are
Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by Blackvic1: 9:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
myobjective:

Majority of world population live in developing nations from Africa, to Asia to Eastern Europe and south America, that is the reality. The problem with Nigerians is we shout, wail and complain when we actually don't know how to build a nation. Compared to other African Nigeria is actually doing well, Nigeria per capita is actually about $6,000(PPP) with a population of around 200m while Rwanda with a much smaller population is just around $2,000. In all ramification, Nigeria is far ahead of Rwanda not to talk of Lagos.
so nigerians GDP is $6000 you say and you believe all this trash you wrote up there? A country that has almost all the natural resources and have almost half of its population in poverty you compare with a country that has no natural resource and depends only on coffee and even went through civil war few years ago and we can’t boost of 12hour power supply , no health care no good road no water supply , all we know how to do is chest beat at its finest tell me what to be proud of as a Nigerian ? What have you benefited as a Nigerian ? Our passport is among the worst thriving Rwanda is visas free to almost 55 countries abeg look for another story to tell

1 Like

Re: Development :Lagos Has Larger Annual Budget Than Rwanda But Less Developed. by myobjective: 10:00pm On Oct 14, 2019
NGpatriot:

The problem with Nigeria is tribalism, some section of Nigeria always like to hate and criticized irrationally. His aim for creating the thread was to ridicule Yoruba and Tinubu, he wants to blame them for stealing the money of Lagos, when in reality Lagos was in a serious mess when Tinubu came into the scene in 1999. The Nigeria military government left Lagos to rot for three decades, Tinubu was the architect of modern Lagos through his ingenious ideas to generate revenue internally. No body is disputing the fact corruption exist, just like in every society but progress only come with planning and small step at a time.

We really need to seriously restructured this nation to allow states to organized their economy, control inflow and outflow and to be able to pick what type of immigrant they will add value to their state not the type we have when every tom and harry will just enter the next available night bus at upper Iweka in Onitsha without money, where to sleep, skill or education to head to Lagos in other to constitute nuisance.
Majority of those sleeping under the bridge and constituting nuisance in Lagos are from the land of the rising sun, they contribute close to nothing in tax but end up committing all the crime in the city

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank / Rivers 2023: PDP Governorship Primaries Under Threat / Mass Exodus Looms In APC - Dailytrust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.