Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? (31577 Views)

In Your Secondary School Days, People Who Sat At The Back Were Known As? / Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Beface(m): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2019
onedayatime:
School: Ijebu Ode Grammer School, Ijebu Ode(IOGS)
Great men includes:
Adeola Odutola. Incase you don't know him(He was one of the richest people of his time. Adeaola Odutola business started in Ijebu of Ogun State. His business ideas became the first lessons to be learnt by future generations of businesspersons in Nigeria! He launched the business in 1930s. The main ideas of his business were stores which he opened in various points of Nigeria)

Abraham Adesanya

Geaorge Ashiru: President of the World Taekwondo Federation in 2013

Harold Demurem: He is an aeronautic engineer. His main contribution to the country is the development of aviation and aeronautic engineering. He is also a former Director General of the Nigerian Civil Aviation.

Inumidun Akande: She was a Chief Judge of Lagos State.

Mobolaji Bank Anthony: His main achievement was the development of the Lagos Stock Exchange.

Olu Oyesanya: His main contribution is connected with the Nigerian Press Council where he played a principal role for the development of journalism in Nigeria

Omololu Meroyi: It`s a prominent politician who took the office of Senator of Ondo State at the very beginning of Nigerian Fourth Republic. He played a major role in the political unity of Nigerians.

Vector

Wizkid

Senator Olorunibe Mamora: He was appointed Speaker of Lagos State House of Assembly during Bola Ahmed Tinubu's tenure

And I. A web developer and mobile developer. My main contribution is in showcasing Nigeria to the world. Site built include sycamorebuilderinc(a real estate and management website), adansglobal(an ecommerce[jus launch]), cybertradetechnology and a host of others. He can work with Ruby(Ruby on Rails), Python(Django), Java(Desktop app), JavaScript(includes jQuery, vanilla JS and ReactJs with ReactNative), PHP. While He is just average in others, He he an expert in PHP(having written his own framework in PHP).

Let the list keep rolling
Chairman... Remove Vector from that your list because na my childhood barrack friend (McCarthy barrack) and schoolmate. If you doubt me, Google about the Grand Old School (Saint Gregory College, Obalende, Lagos). We no dey make noise because we have nothing to prove, the name of the school have said it all.
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Ursulaa(f): 9:37am On Nov 15, 2019
inspirator1:

You studied in UNN?
Am still a student of UNN
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by humberjade: 9:39am On Nov 15, 2019
D'banj and Kay switch

Nigerian Navy Secondary School, Abeokuta.

Kay switch-2001 set

D'banj- didn't meet him.

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by EDhims(m): 9:39am On Nov 15, 2019
Government College Ughelli
Allen Onyema ( C.E.O Air peace)
Ovie Omo Agege (DSP)
Great Ogboru
Festus Kayamu
Prof. Itse Sage
Late. Maj. Gen. David Ejoor
Gamali Onosode

Emeritus Prof. J.P Clarke
Mudi Africa
Bovi
Papa Ayo Oritsejafor
Nero Asibelua
Chief J.J. Akpieye
Too numerous to mention
Keep the ship sailing....GCU!

1 Like

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Melanyn(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2019
North Boi...The guy that produced WizKids Soco and Joro. Christ Academy International Secondary School, Gwagwalada Abuja
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by eWyse: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2019
adonainana:
Olashore International School

Falz the Bad girl- Folarin Falana

Chef Fregs- Fregene Gbubemi

Obinna Okwodu- Ceo Fibre

I nearly choked @ the bolded grin grin

Kindly fix the typo before some people begin to think otherwise lipsrsealed
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by kiddkash(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2019
stonebwoy
shatta wale
bob marley
fela
burn boy
snoop dogg
wiz khalifa
me myself

federal school of goof Nteje
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by adeoba2008(m): 9:43am On Nov 15, 2019
Realdeals:
Plenty
As at last count, my secondary school has produced about 12 SAN, the latest one was this year.

They includes;

1. Sir Gabriel Igbenedion
2. Idowu Sofola (SAN)
3. Justice Muri Okunola
3. Olusola Saraki
5. Aka Bashorun (SAN)
6. Bisi Onasanya
7. Oba Abiodun Idowu Oniru

They are so many to mention

Who dashed Saraki a SAN title?
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by adeoba2008(m): 9:44am On Nov 15, 2019
adeoba2008:

Who dashed Saraki a SAN title?

Ohhh. The father!
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by EazyMoh(m): 9:48am On Nov 15, 2019
Me. cool
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by useurkidney3121: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2019
otipoju:
Mohammed Buhari. Nigeria Phresident.
Federal government Girls College , Eleribu Kano
Local man will not kill person with laugh oooo
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by eWyse: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2019
Notable CMS Grammar School Alumni:

9ice (born 1980), musician

Adeyemo Alakija(1884–1952), media entrepreneur and co-founder of Daily Times of Nigeria

Adeniji Adele (1893-1964), Oba (King) of Lagos from October 1, 1949, to July 12, 1964

Akin Babalola Kamar Odunsi, businessman and Senator
Akin Euba (born 1935), professor of music

Akintola Williams (born 1919), accountant
Alexander Akinyele (1875–1968), Bishop

Ayodele Awojobi (1937–84), academic and activist

Babs Fafunwa (1923–2010), Federal Minister of Education

Bode Thomas (1918–53), politician

Candido Da Rocha (1860-1959), businessman

Charles A. Adeogun-Phillips (born 1966), lawyer
Dandeson Crowther, Archbishop of the Niger and son of Samuel Ajayi Crowther

Dare Art Alade, musician

Ernest Shonekan (born 1936), President of Nigeria

Fela Sowande (1905–87), musician and composer

Frederick Rotimi Williams (1920–2005), lawyer

George Da Costa (1853–1929), photographer

Herbert Macaulay (1864–1946), surveyor and nationalist

Israel Oludotun Ransome-Kuti (1891 - 1955), Educationist and father of Olikoye Ransome-Kuti, Beko Ransome-Kuti, and Fela Kuti

Ibikunle Akitoye (1871-1928), Oba of Lagos

J. K. Randle (1909 - 1956), Businessman and Socialite

Karim Olowu (born 1924), athlete

Niyi Adebayo (born 1958), Governor, Ekiti State

Mobolaji Bank Anthony (June 11, 1907 - May 26, 1991), President of the Lagos Stock Exchange

Oguntola Sapara (1861–1935), medical doctor, gynaecologist.

Ola Vincent (1925–2012), Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria

Oliver Ogedengbe Macaulay, son of Herbert Macaulay, journalist, and nationalist

Remi Fani-Kayode (1921–95), politician
Samuel Herbert Pearse (born 1865), businessman

Samuel Manuwa (1903–76), surgeon

Talabi Braithwaite (1928–2011), insurance broker

Taslim Olawale Elias (1914–91), Chief Justice of Nigeria

Thomas King Ekundayo Phillips (1884–1969), musicologist, father of Nigerian church music

Thomas Leighton Decker (1916–78), linguist and journalist

T. O. S. Benson (1917–2008), lawyer, politician

My humble Self, eWyse

etc...

Up School!!! cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by YorubaPrince: 10:00am On Nov 15, 2019
Realdeals:
Plenty
As at last count, my secondary school has produced about 12 SAN, the latest one was this year.

They includes;

1. Sir Gabriel Igbenedion
2. Idowu Sofola (SAN)
3. Justice Muri Okunola
3. Olusola Saraki
5. Aka Bashorun (SAN)
6. Bisi Onasanya
7. Oba Abiodun Idowu Oniru

They are so many to mention

@bolded. We can confirm that you and those Alumni are.... grin
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 10:02am On Nov 15, 2019
Manasir:

Wow same school with me.

1996 graduate. Alkali house
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2019
Donald trouble
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by hadaydhollarpo(m): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2019
Evans
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by onedayatime(m): 10:14am On Nov 15, 2019
tinapaj:
President olusegun obansanjo
President m.k.o abiola
Gov gbenga daniel
Funsho kupulukun former nnpc GMD
Sunday afolabi formal minister of interior
Eyitayo lambo first MD ARO
Oba gbadebo alake of egbaland
Paramount ruler of ibara
The list is endless

Nulli secondus, second to none
Baptist Boys High school Abeokuta

Have been expecting to see this great school...I will also include my economics teacher(now a lecturer at OOU) Dr., Maku in the list.
You also forgot Awolowo also attended the school

1 Like

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Horpecy(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2019
Bishop David oyedepo segun odegbami
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Ogbaruoigwe1(m): 10:24am On Nov 15, 2019
Me my self
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by onedayatime(m): 10:31am On Nov 15, 2019
Beface:
Chairman... Remove Vector from that your list because na my childhood barrack friend (McCarthy barrack) and schoolmate. If you doubt me, Google about the Grand Old School (Saint Gregory College, Obalende, Lagos). We no dey make noise because we have nothing to prove, the name of the school have said it all.

Oga ade google it now before you come here come dey prove lie detector machine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vector_(rapper)

1 Like

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by aliyuthayo(m): 10:37am On Nov 15, 2019
VICTORY COLLEGE IKARE AKOKO

1. Late Chief Gani Fawehinmi (SAN)
2. Olu Falaye

2 Likes

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by iamphilips(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2019
Beface:

UP GREGS!!!

1 Like

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by onedayatime(m): 10:39am On Nov 15, 2019
2019elections:

Non nobis domines! Up jogs!
Up School

2 Likes

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by DrIkB: 10:39am On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=EDhims post=84044508]Government College Ughelli
Allen Onyema ( C.E.O Air peace)
Ovie Omo Agege (DSP)
Great Ogboru
Festus Kayamu
Prof. Itse Sage
Late. Maj. Gen. David Ejoor
Gamali Onosode

Emeritus Prof. J.P Clarke
Mudi Africa
Bovi
Papa Ayo Oritsejafor
Nero Asibelua
Chief J.J. Akpieye
Too numerous to mention
Keep the ship sailing....GCU!

Sailor man...
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by simiife: 10:42am On Nov 15, 2019
Looking to be the first from my school,so help me God, Amen
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by onedayatime(m): 10:43am On Nov 15, 2019
shogsman:

Up jogs,sounds like you're from kuti house o.
Up school. No o, School house(Purple na my colour), but I have a friend then(we both went to the same primary school as well) who we call Baba Kuti, Niyi is his name but don't remember his surname again
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by onedayatime(m): 10:45am On Nov 15, 2019
MrOwonikoko:

U don lie about Wizkid oo! Wizkid went to Ogunlade secondary school in surulere with my younger bro. So lie another lie abeg! undecided kiss lipsrsealed

Why do you people just like to attack without first doing your homework. Google is your friend and your diviner ask her and She will guide you. Thank you and God bless you

3 Likes

Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by teepha: 10:45am On Nov 15, 2019
Air Force Secondary School Ikeja----Dr Sid
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by Eraddray(m): 10:46am On Nov 15, 2019
RexTramadol1:

And baba fela
for whr.... u're not correct bro... fela attended Abeokuta grammar school... abeograms
Re: Which Popular Person Attended Your Secondary School? by freedomchild: 10:47am On Nov 15, 2019
Government College, Umuahia.. The great men include 1) Chinua Achebe the great author 2)Laz Ekwueme a great actor 3)The minister of education during Obasanjo's tenure. I've forgotten his name 4)Dr Orji uzor Kalu former Gov of Abia State 5)Chukwueze the great super eagle's player 6)Elechi Amadi

and host of others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Landmark University, Omu Aran Library (Photos) / Foreign Students: UK Varsities May Fall Into Deficit, Says Report / 8-Year-Old Pupil Arrested In Ogun For Reporting His Teacher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.