Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,987 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63357 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 12:21am On Oct 20, 2019
These Africans are very funny. The same Nigeria they've been thrashing, abusing, insulting, and mistreating her citizens, all this time. The same Nigeria shuts her borders for under one month and they are all crying.

This world ehn! Kai.... cool

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 12:28am On Oct 20, 2019
''the Ghana Union of Traders Association (GUTA) has called for a total boycott of all Nigerian products imported by Ghana.
The move, the traders union believes, will force the Nigerian government to open up its land borders for foreign goods.''

Look at how small Ghana that is not even up to Ikeja Local Govt thinks that anything they do in their country can ''force'' the FG to reverse its policy. These people really think they are on Nigeria's level. Ridiculous.

25 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 12:33am On Oct 20, 2019
Goldencheese:

I share your sentiments. Na just ordinary border we close and they are shouting, if we ban their goods and citizens from entering our country, the United Nations will come and beg Nigeria. I thought they've been boasting now that they are better than Nigeria. Ordinary border, and everywhere is shaking. If they annoy us, we will just padlock the place and throw the key away. Lol. grin grin grin

Honestly bro. The thing weak person..

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 1:32am On Oct 20, 2019
Harlem2:
That's how Giant do...... grin grin grin
But some people said Ghana is more developed

LOL. The ''more developed country'' is strangely dependent on the ''underdeveloped zoo'' for its daily sustenance.

Clowns.

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 1:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
yet Ghana is still highly developed than your entire Nigeria

In your dreams. Little boy of yesterday. You're so developed that you cry and wail and beg, and send multiple delegations when Nigeria shuts her borders - a country that does not even border your land. F.u.cking dependent, daydreaming im.becile with zero self-sufficiency claiming phantom superiority.

25 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Rosskiki: 1:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
hahaha

there is nothing like infrastructure development index

dont get confused grin grin grin grin

the whole of Nigeria infrastructure does not match even that of a regional capital in Ghana so hash it

development is about the people
its a social thing

you cant claim developed when 50% of your population is starving.

and that is why Ghana has a higher Human development Index than Nigeria
That is why Ghana has a higher per capita income than Nigeria

WRONG: Nigeria's GDP per capita is nearly 6,000 USD, while Ghana's is 4,600.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Considering Nigeria has 200 million people compared to just 25 million people in Ghana, it's an even greater achievement.

26 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Chukapage(m): 4:36am On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

• FG: We need to borrow to fund the budget

• Facebook NG: Stop borrowing. Live within your means

• FG: Ok, let's live within our means by supporting local industries.

• Facebook NG: Are you madt? How can we live within our means in this economy?

• FG: Should we increase Taxes to fund the budget?

• Facebook NG: Something must be wrong with you. Do you want to kill the masses?

• FG: How about we sell some national assets to raise funds?

• Facebook NG: So you want to sell our national assets to your friends like you sold Etisalat to your family Abi?

• FG: So what can we do?

• Facebook NG: Remove Fuel Subsidies ( under recovery), you will raise N1 Trillion.

• FG: Great, we will remove fuel subsidies?

• Facebook NG: Why would you remove subsidies? Do you want to kill us?

• FG: But most of the fuel is being smuggled accross the border.

• Facebook NG: Empty brain, Close the border Joor!

• FG: Closes the border

• Facebook NG: Why must you close the border? Do you want to kill their economy? Besides the price of rice has gone up.

• FG: But we now produce rice locally?

Facebook NG: Which useless rice. Show me the plantation.

And what does he stand to gain from starving Nigerians?
Epic ! Until Nigerians accept there own 50% of blame and not push 100% of blame to any Federal Government the country will keep developing at slow pace! I once saw one uninformed and unintelligent fellow boasting on how he prefers foreign goods and how he can't use our own locally manufactured goods I just laughed at his Ignorance. Because he will still complain about the government "incompetence" in creating employment and giving adequate security ,while indirectly his dumb self and his likes are the cause.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 4:47am On Oct 20, 2019
awgumayor:
you are an idiot. What has south east done to you. Are they no longer Nigerians. Whether you give them your money or not they are far better than you and your region.

wetin be your problem....??

abeg,park....!!

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 4:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Chukapage:
Epic ! Until Nigerians accept there own 50% of blame and not push 100% of blame to any Federal Government the country will keep developing at slow pace! I once saw one uninformed and unintelligent fellow boasting on how he prefers foreign goods and how he can't use our own locally manufactured goods I just laughed at his Ignorance. Because he will still complain about the government "incompetence" in creating employment and giving adequate security ,while indirectly his dumb self and his likes are the cause.

you wan take ghanaians serious....!!??

people that cancel zeros from their currency....??

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 4:56am On Oct 20, 2019
lets make something very clear to ghana....:

you cant win a trade-war against nigeria....!!

20 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by kushercain: 4:57am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Lagos market is smaller than the market in Tema alone

Guy shey na community 1 market abi na ashiama market wey the two of them no big reach ordinary agboju you dey call. Me dey Tema like this if you slander Naija carelessly again I go trace you treat your Bleep up for your own country grin

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by kushercain: 5:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Iriruaga100:

Aba makes more money than Tema, your industrial hub...

You dey mind that clown. Tema wey I find charger for my tablet for like 2 months I no see I con dey miss my computer village jeje

48 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:03am On Oct 20, 2019
kushercain:

Guy shey na community 1 market abi na ashiama market wey the two of them no big reach ordinary agboju you dey call. Me dey Tema like this if you slander Naija carelessly again I go trace you treat your Bleep up for your own country grin

dont mind am....we dont need bombs....
we will only send igbo-traders to them enmass....

k.o....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:09am On Oct 20, 2019
Rosskiki:

WRONG: Nigeria's GDP per capita is nearly 6,000 USD, while Ghana's is 4,600.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Considering Nigeria has 200 million people compared to just 25 million people in Ghana, it's an even greater achievement.

many black people dont even understand this GDP_(PPP)_per_capita stuff sef....

not even me understand it that well sef....

abegi....
ghana has no chance....

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Haywize93(m): 5:24am On Oct 20, 2019
all of this is caused by that vegetable called buhari

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:32am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

interesting post....
i didnt know alot of the stuff you mentioned here.... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by khalids: 5:34am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

You are still here making noise with all this your useless statistics.
like i told you in an earlier thread

we are happy for you...Ghana is great. So leave us alone, we have closed our border, close your own too, no need for all this long story and explanation.

To be friend no be by force......and when you are done close your Nairaland account and go and open Ghanaland account.

Thank you as you close the door behind you

65 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Resees: 5:39am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Want some cheese with that whine?

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Resees: 5:41am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
You cant even compete with small Benin
yet you want to compete with Ghana ?

laughable grin grin grin
Who is competing with yll? please move on the side, kid.

9 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:41am On Oct 20, 2019
khalids:

You are still here making noise with all this your useless statistics.
like i told you in an earlier thread

we are happy for you...Ghana is great. So leave us alone, we have closed our border, close your own too, no need for all this long story and explanation.

To be friend no be by force......and when you are done close your Nairaland account and go and open Ghanaland account.

Thank you as you close the door behind you

tell am....nigeria can survive without ghana....
the world is big....
if push comes to shove,nigeria wouldnt mind to trade with north korea....

the real referedum we need is about that pan africana stuff....!!
its clearly not workin....
if it was,they wouldnt dare to import fom foreighn nations and dump it in nigeria....
they would have made strict regulations long ago....

pan africana is not workin....!!

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by sweetilicious(f): 5:41am On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

Keep quiet. Nigeria is not a dumping site. No one has stopped other African countries from bringing in their goods and services to Nigeria. If you have geneiune products, bring them in through the appropriate channels. You can't import Rice from Thailand to Ghana and Benin and later smuggle same goods into Nigeria. Channels your goods and services through appropriate route. No to Snuggling
Exactly!

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Sarmiz24(m): 5:41am On Oct 20, 2019
Goldencheese:

I share your sentiments. Na just ordinary border we close and they are shouting, if we ban their goods and citizens from entering our country, the United Nations will come and beg Nigeria. I thought they've been boasting now that they are better than Nigeria. Ordinary border, and everywhere is shaking. If they annoy us, we will just padlock the place and throw the key away. Lol. grin grin grin

Yimu

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by gaskiyamagana: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2019
GHANA SHOULD ALSO BAN NIGERIA STUDENTS FROM COMING TO STUDY IN THEIR COUNTRY. yeye pipu, we pain dem 4dis.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Resees: 5:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
yet Ghana is still highly developed than your entire Nigeria
Good!! keep your development while we keep our border...Happy now?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by khalids: 5:44am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
only scared uncompetitive economies close their borders

you cant even compete with Benin
yet you want to compete with Ghana?

In Ghana, we dont have to close our borders from trade just because people like Dangote are smuggling rice and cement through the Togo border.

we have mechanisms to check that to make them pay the right taxes

Oga why do you want access to Nigerian market...

You guys obviously dont like us, so leave us alone......Na by force to be friend,,,,Sell your goods to other countries.

Feel free to block our goods and return our people, we will survive.....

16 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Notatribalist(m): 5:44am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

Shut up, your argument is baseless.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:45am On Oct 20, 2019
Abeg everybody should close their border and lets see who go suffer am pass

14 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Sarmiz24:

Yimu

yeah....and we nigerians and biafrans are crazy enough to actualy do it....!!
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wickedtruths: 5:48am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30 and psychologygh, if you don't ban or boycott Nigerian goods in Ghana, you're all banku-chewing bastards.

We would withdraw our lecturers and students from Ghana and your educational system would collapse.

28 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by abiolert(m): 5:48am On Oct 20, 2019
seunmsg:
The trade unionist are just clowns. Two of their top ministers are in Nigeria begging almost anybody that is ready to listen to them and these union clowns are talking about banning made in Nigeria goods. They better not allow us rescind the decision to create a temporary corridor for Ghanaian goods.

Nigeria has not banned importation of goods from any country, so, why ban our products? When we say Nigeria is the giant of Africa, some of these tiny countries come here to argue with us. We closed our land borders for just some few weeks now and they are all crying. Even Ghana that has no land border with Nigeria is crying. Who is now their Daddy?
Nigeria is their Daddy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by khalids: 5:49am On Oct 20, 2019
obidark:

tell am....nigeria can survive without ghana....
the world is big....
if push comes to shove,nigeria wouldnt mind to trade with north korea....

the real referedum we need is about that pan africana stuff....!!
its clearly not workin....
if it was,they wouldnt dare to import fom foreighn nations and dump it in nigeria....
they would have made strict regulations long ago....

pan africana is not workin....!!

That pan african stuff is total scam.....they do not appreciate us, they dislike us......Nigeria should just roll solo and leave africa to sort themselves.....

Its just that we share borders with them and if we don't help their problems will spill towards our direction

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 5:53am On Oct 20, 2019
khalids:

That pan african stuff is total scam.....they do not appreciate us, they dislike us......[/b]Nigeria should just roll solo and leave africa to sort themselves.....

Its just that we share borders with them and if we don't help their problems will spill towards our direction

[b]nigeria has so many people,that we could be our own continent....!! angry angry

i was saying this long ago,and other nigerians shouted me down....!!

shey una see now....??

they wanted to ridicule us upandan,now they complain over borders....??

barawo bansas....!!

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Akanimo Udofia 'AK47' Chills With Bassey Albert In His Luxury Private Jet / June 12 Protests: Calm In South-East As South-West Boils

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.