Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,420 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure (63232 Views)

Ghana Needs Nigeria More Than They Need Us ....Ghana Trade Minister / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure / Buhari Receives Trade Union Leaders In Aso Rock (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 6:01am On Oct 20, 2019
Mkmoney:
So truly we re the GIANT OF AFRICA

Do you want to compare our daily level of consumption with Ghana? Businesses thrives where there's larger numbers of people...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Gee64: 6:02am On Oct 20, 2019
Drowning horse. If not for corruption in the country, a country like Ghana should come to Nigeria, plate in hand begging for loan to feed its impoverished populace.
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Obason22(m): 6:03am On Oct 20, 2019
sLentlover7778:
First time Buhari go do something good.. I'm proud to be a Nigeria
Ur brain need reset so that u could undstd what is going.

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Emrixx(f): 6:04am On Oct 20, 2019
seunmsg:
The trade unionist are just clowns. Two of their top ministers are in Nigeria begging almost anybody that is ready to listen to them and these union clowns are talking about banning made in Nigeria goods. They better not allow us rescind the decision to create a temporary corridor for Ghanaian goods.

Nigeria has not banned importation of goods from any country, so, why ban our products? When we say Nigeria is the giant of Africa, some of these tiny countries come here to argue with us. We closed our land borders for just some few weeks now and they are all crying. Even Ghana that has no land border with Nigeria is crying. Who is now their Daddy?

Otedola

1 Like

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Howellz(m): 6:09am On Oct 20, 2019
[b][/b]
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.
.......Your rice cooks for just 20 minutes, and our Nigerian rice cooks for 2 hours Abi? No wahala, we can still do without Ghanian products.... Truly Dangote cement has taken over the Cement market in your country because the quality of limestone in Ghana is poor compared to what we have in Nigeria,and GACEM is nothing to be compared to even BUA cement in Nigeria.GUY NIGERIA NO BE YOUR MATE... Our West African brothers should do the right thing that's all we want......Bring in your goods through the right channels, pay import duties so as we can equally generate revenue for our government.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Mcreloaded(m): 6:13am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

When Ghana locked just 400 Nigerian shops in a town in Kumasi alone,your government and trade unions were organizing protest at the ECOWAS office crying xenophobia and free trade buh you're here shouting Giant of Africa because you have unilaterally closed your borders to starve yourselves to death. GUTA had always hated you since Kwame Nkrumah and you have foolishly gave them a chance to eliminate you from Ghana. For your information millions of Nigerians live in Ghana and do trade of imports and exports. GUTA was the one who locked all your shops in Kumasi. Now tell me,Ghana exports goods worth just 80 million dollars to Nigeria for a country who exports 17 billion dollars worth of goods outside, less than 0.5% goes to Nigeria buh Nigeria exports goods worth 303 million dollars to Ghana in a year.If Ghana bans your goods,tell me who loses more.The minister is just a diplomat who knows how ugly it will be if Ghana retaliates so she's going diplomatic first to tell you to comply ECOWAS protocols .Warning to your country if you refuse her diplomatic settlement. Ghana never needs Nigeria.

Ghana is oweing Nigeria seriously on gas and electricity.
If you want a trade war then gas and electricity will be stopped from reaching your country, though you can afford to dam the river or quickly develope your own oil and gas discovered in your country.
All of these will take serious years to achieve and i doubt if Ghana will survive it.
You are lucky you have Nigerians investing in your country and if you want to drive them you can go ahead after all south Africa did worse,
What ever decision Ghana takes life goes on

17 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by kutashi: 6:14am On Oct 20, 2019
They can't do that for now may be if the closure reached 4years they can now be thinking of that.
The news is just been sensational! I couldn't find where it was said or agreed that the Nigerian product should be banned, they are only proposing and calling for people sympathy for unsympathetic idea!
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Unrated900(m): 6:15am On Oct 20, 2019
mother Ghana

Ghana

Ghana
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 6:16am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
you dont have sense

they were diplomatically warning you that Ghana will not hesitate to retaliate if the nigerian decision to close it borders without consulting other countries is not rescinded because of the political pressure it is exerting on it neighbouring countries.
You this Ghana boy?

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Oriyomin25(m): 6:19am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
you mean like what the Nigerians renting my property tells me about how Nigeria is a shithole or how people cant even afford food there
or the horrors i saw for myself when i came to Nigeria?

is there another nigeria?

dont ever compare a shithole Nigeria to Ghana
If I Have Learnt Something About D Social Media It's D Fact That Someone That Can't Even Feed 2 Mouth Will Come Bragging And Creating Unreal Personality Just To Feel Important In D Fake World... But Then When U Said Ur Stay In Naija Was Horrific, U Mean After U Hawk Puff Puff In The Street Of Lagos U No Save Anything B4 U Return To Ghana

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Babaken(m): 6:22am On Oct 20, 2019
Afamed:

This is a great opportunity for us to grow our local productions. For how long should Nigeria be a dumping site? At this 21 century, you have to rely on importation of Rice, Turkey and Pine Apple. How do we develop if we simply can't produce what we want to eat ? How do we reduce unemployment when virtually 100% of our consumptions are imported? My Brother we definitely have to start from somewhere. We have the very reach fertile soil with over 923,990 land mass.
Everybody is pointing at Rice and Turkey is that the problem of Nigeria what of other local production.
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 6:23am On Oct 20, 2019
and did you people noticed that their is no news about fulani herdsmen and other strange stuffs for days now since the borders were closed....??

the latest we heard is nigerian army storming boko haram....
something like nigerian army running after boko is not usual....

11 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 6:24am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
it is not hate

your country is just not attractive to us for anything
Then why are you crying?

I have read your comments so far, and I can as well say that you are a pained idiot.

If you think that the border closure does not impact negatively on Ghana, let it be.

Nigeria for one day will not come to beg food or money from Ghana.

Please stop coming to a Nigerian forum with a bowl of Ghanian tears.

Just fvck off dude.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 6:24am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
Joke is on you kiddo

the develop one than your villages
Are you this pained? Just we closed our border ,you are wailing per second billing like this since August? Close your border too if you have one

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Oriyomin25(m): 6:25am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
you mean like what the Nigerians renting my property tells me about how Nigeria is a shithole or how people cant even afford food there
or the horrors i saw for myself when i came to Nigeria?

is there another nigeria?

dont ever compare a shithole Nigeria to Ghana
If I Av Learnt Anything About D Social Media It's D Fact That Someone That Can't Even Feed 2 Mouth Will Come Bragging And Creating Unreal Personality Just To Feel Important In D Fake World... But Then When U Said Ur Stay In Naija Was Horrific U Mean After U Hawk For Years In D Street Of Lagos U No Save Anything B4 U Return To Ghana

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by karimusa: 6:25am On Oct 20, 2019
surgical:
how is it good please explain

IT GIVES YOUR LOCAL INDUSTRIES TO GROW.

IT INCREASES YOUR GDP

IT PROVIDES EMPLOYMENT

IT DEVELOPS THE NATION

IT GIVES THE NAIRA VALUE

ETC......

10 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Mcreloaded(m): 6:25am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:
Do you think Ghana have your time to be exporting rice to your country. We're having the same issue when government spends more than 1 billion dollars a year to import rice into our country for consumption. Do you realize we are the 2nd largest consumers,market and economy in West Africa and our consumption alone is a huge chunk on our foreign exchange. We have a population of 30 million and a GDP Purchasing power of almost 200 billion dollars. Did you see me telling you Nigeria exports goods worth 306 million dollars to Ghana in 2018 alone.Our exports to Nigeria is just 80 million dollars. Togo exploits us due to their free port just like Benin does to you.We have the same issues.[b]Our exports to Nigeria is mostly Nigerian companies who relocated to Ghana and use the ECOWAS free trade route to export some of their goods to your market. We both loose if we start a trade war buh Nigeria loses badly. [/b]That's why your government have agreed with Ghana to open a temporary corridor for Ghanaian trucks to enter and leave Nigeria amidst the border closure .GUTA still refused for that and wants a ban of Nigerian goods and traders in Ghana. Our rice is even very different from yours and you will never find your type of rice in Ghana. Our rice cooks in just 20 minutes.

Let me explain the bolded ,
Nigeria already lost badly when these unpatriotic companies relocated to Ghana and made Nigerians jobless.
They can relocate back or find another market for their products.
Nigeria has the population and petro dollars to dictate to any company and country that is hell bent on destroying Nigeria.
If you must know this is the first time in a very long while that Nigerians have come together in support of any government action irrespective of religion, tribe or political party.
When the companies that sells gas and electricity to you guys in Ghana should relocate to Ghana then we will take you guys seriois

16 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 6:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Howellz:
[b][/b].......Your rice cooks for just 20 minutes, and our Nigerian rice cooks for 2 hours Abi? No wahala, we can still do without Ghanian products.... Truly Dangote cement has taken over the Cement market in your country because the quality of limestone in Ghana is poor compared to what we have in Nigeria,and GACEM is nothing to be compared to even BUA cement in Nigeria.GUY NIGERIA NO BE YOUR MATE... Our West African brothers should do the right thing that's all we want......Bring in your goods through the right channels, pay import duties so as we can equally generate revenue for our government.

haha....don mind am....i dont even know if that is something to debate sef,which rice cooks quicker....

nawa for this africans....
something wrong with dem dem....

11 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by middlebelter(m): 6:27am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

What is Ghana's population and volume of Nigerian trade entering Ghana. Ghana as it were is an equivalent of Lagos State economy and population. Can't you understand we didn't send those Nigerian opening shops in Ghana any business?
Perhaps you need some level of education on the working of international trade? I am not a supporter of the ruling party in Nigeria but this is the first decision that abluathe government will take that am supporting 200%. You may not realise how damaging it is for companies with operation base in Nigeria closing it down only to be producing in Ghana to feed Nigerian market. I heard you saying I don't care? O yes, I shouldn't expect you to care, but turn the table the other way round and let us see how the intolerant Ghana will react? The lesson is clear, don't expect the unemployed Nigerian to buy the products of companies closing down in Nigeria to produce in Ghana.
It maybe hard, but Nigerian are ready to endure it to stpt the ridicule from Ghana and other West African countries benefiting from our pains and still disrespecting us. Economic war is not the best but when it becomes imperative, you face it.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Germi9: 6:27am On Oct 20, 2019
My broda from Ghana,I can understand your argument and to tell you the truth you are correct.But you see we have to deal with these silly parasites that are feeding on us and this has greatly affected your country,but I am sure the Government are working on modality to allow Ghana goods into Nigeria.Mind you I still drink Origin bitters till now.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 20, 2019
Rosskiki:

WRONG: Nigeria's GDP per capita is nearly 6,000 USD, while Ghana's is 4,600.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita

Considering Nigeria has 200 million people compared to just 25 million people in Ghana, it's an even greater achievement.

That boy is a serious idiot.
Don't even bother schooling him.
I'm sure he's hungry. I can bet my cash on it.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Wyttcat: 6:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal Yoruba nation? A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization, they'd rather be pashiwobowobo around their inferiors. Shouldn't Yoruba be making rules regarding their own borders? How can you put all your decision making in the hand of those who are not part of your language, culture and values, and say you are not dead or slaves?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Lordbricks(m): 6:32am On Oct 20, 2019
Lolzz..so no be say una power pass like this. Ordinary border closure una economy dey dance zanku later una go dey online dey shout all Nigerians should leave Ghana..una never see anything, that border no go open now make una do una worse..we have to show these other folks just how important and strategic we are..

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2019
Nigeria closed their borders, meaning good/products are not going out of Nigeria illegally, so what are Ghanaian traders trying to ban?

If they know how Nigerian products enter their country, they should send theirs through same means

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 6:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal tribe - Yoruba. A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization.

what the hell are you talkin about....??

it could be,i have some yoruba dna in me,heck it could be many igbos have some yoruba dna in them too....!!
i saw alot of igbos that look somehow yoruba....but they identifie themselves as igbos....!!

soo,stop the crap....!!

7 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Eteka1(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2019
Just30:
if they are not, then why are you closing your border to trade from them which is against every ecowas protocol?

You have failed to tax transit goods
you dont blame other people for your failure
Little boy what is your problem, why are you crying so much?
Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 20, 2019
psychologygh:

The stuffs you smuggle to Nigeria are not on records

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Afamed: 6:43am On Oct 20, 2019
Wyttcat:
Are the borders closed up north? Stuppidd Yoruba have no brains to push back on anything, what about the Yoruba people in Benin, Togo and beyond? Foreighners have been dividing Yorubaland for over a century and now still being divided by the most inferior of humans we share the country with. Who really put a curse on this once great and royal Yoruba nation? A fooolish people who can't stand for anything will fall for everything. Hongkong is fighting with everything they have but Yoruba can't raise a finger to defend their civilization, they'd rather be pashiwobowobo around their inferiors.
Don't be an hypocrite. Every land border is closed including the ones in the North. Listen to Radio and watch TVs news. The border closure has nothing to do with tribe or any religion

12 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Vikynas: 6:43am On Oct 20, 2019
surgical:
how is it good please explain
it is good because it's good at least you now know that some countries depend on Nigeria for survival abeg seal the border if possible ban every Nigerian from traveling to other countries let's know our worth first

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by obidark: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2019
Vikynas:
it is good because it's good at least you now know that some countries depend on Nigeria for survival abeg seal the border if possible ban every Nigerian from traveling to other countries let's know our worth first

thank you....
we nigerians have to reorientate ourselves....
we cant not allow only criminal nigerians to represent us on the global stage....

we are nigigerians....!!

6 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by RTSC: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2019
GUTA will put Ghana in trouble.
Nigeria is the biggest trading partner.

Any innovative company that starts in Nigeria, after sometime, go to Ghana next to set up a branch.
It has helped them a lot.

Very soon, Senegal and Burkina Faso will be their only partners.

5 Likes

Re: Ghana Trade Union Vote To Ban Made-in-nigeria Products Following Border Closure by Olami112: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2019
Harlem2:
That's how Giant do...... grin grin grin
But some people said Ghana is more developed

Let the foolish foreign countries who takes all this Africans countries over us they see.
How important Nigeria is.
This border stuff is a message.

From my search , Nigeria import products more than any other African countries.
Which makes us important to them, for there GDP, but they still take us for guaranteed.

Ghana free visa to USA, SA etc
But they see Nigeria as in important country.

So let them start see , how important we re

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Senate To Honour Ejiro Otarigho For Driving Burning Tanker Away / President Tinubu Officially Assumes Office (Video, Photos) / Angry Soldiers Ground Maiduguri Airport, Threaten To Shoot Superiors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.