Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (183182 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:06am On Feb 20, 2011
Pweety4me:

^na u be dis?

Re: Android, Anyone? by Pweety4me(f): 4:14am On Feb 20, 2011
na2day!:

Lol i know i missseddddd u o!! embarassed kiss kiss wink cool
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 4:54am On Feb 20, 2011
Some apps are not available in my own android market.

Any hack for that?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 5:08am On Feb 20, 2011
@pweety

Is that beyonce when she was younger or you?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Lagosianswag: 6:35pm On Feb 20, 2011
Blackberry or HTC?
Its Like Comparing A Volks Wagen Beetle With A Mercedez Benz Beast.
But Anyways For the Ladies I suggest a Blackberry Bold 2 or 3. Its All about the bb Messages and The Pinging. Don't Buy the Curve 2 if you're on contract. You need the 3.5G experience of bold 2 or 3.

For The Guys I suggest the HTC on android 1.6 and above or a customized Rom With Cyanogen Mod 2.2 +(But Check If It Voids Your Warranty). With HTC Running Android, You will never have a dull moment except ur phone runs down. They have lots of applications that will blow your mind. Its the second best to the iphone OS. But it betters iphone in the open source area and you might become a mobile software developer in days. HTC Is The Best Android Phone Maker no doubt.

Make Sure You Go For The Best. If You Settle For Less You Will Get Less.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2011
Maximip:

Some apps are not available in my own android market.

Any hack for that?

You will need MARKET ENABLER:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-548998.384.html#msg7697290
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2011
@maximip
check d last post of na2day!, I posted the market enabler apk for download, d spambot is not allowing it to show here!

Abeg moderator find solution to this spambot discrimination naa!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Pweety4me(f): 10:00pm On Feb 21, 2011
^Excuse me mr!! angry

So u r egging me now right?thanx a lot!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:02am On Feb 22, 2011
Pweety
I think u got the wrong person, I just discovered i have another namesake on nairaland - na2day?
na2day! is not thesame person as na2day? , i mean - honest wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by Pweety4me(f): 1:00am On Feb 22, 2011
na2day!:

Pweety
I think u got the wrong person, I just discovered i have another namesake on nairaland - na2day?
na2day! is not thesame person as na2day? , i mean - honest wink
Hmm?? ok if u say so. . .soz bout that then.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2011
@ na2day!

Best Andriod smartphone is
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 8:28pm On Feb 22, 2011
moonraker:

@ na2day!

Haba! dat question is very difficult to answer o!
It's like saying "which woman is the sweetest"   each wit her own very nice qualities naa grin
Anywaz sha

Just as we are talking about the best Android phone, another manufacturer, keeping pace with the frantic pace of Android innovation, pops up and unleashes yet another phone that bowls over a few rusting old titans. So it went with this list, many of the former heavyweights are being bested by newcomers dat are just coming up.
The development of technology has hit near insanity. Only one year ago, a 550Mhz Phone like the Motorola Droid was considered a hot piece of kit. Today, people are going ballistic for dual core 1ghz phones with shockingly high resolutions, massive 1930mAh batteries, and a jaw dropping 1 gigabyte ram on board to handle the users every whim.
That being said, everyone wants to know: What is the best Android Phone ? It’s hard to definitively say this but with the World Mobile Congress in Barcelona gone, and after all the CES madness, we have a pretty good idea of what to expect for the next 6-8 months.

Well, here they are:

In my personal opinion, the best is OPTIMUS 3D as per performance and the most rocking, and technologically sophisticated phone in the world is going to be the Motorola Atrix. The phone is absolutely ridiculous. It’s packing incredible hardware, a beautifully appointed screen, some cool new goodies for expansion and use down the road, and a really solid, large battery. It is the Android Phone of Android Phones! Plus, it is rock solid, having received near military grade construction via Corning’s Gorilla Glass which is almost impossible to break.
AT&T is one lucky company to receive, exclusively, the brand new Motorola Atrix. The Atrix sports a 4.0” qHD (960 x 540) LCD display.  This is an extremely high resolution to have on a mobile device, and should provide the user with unprecedented quality and clarity for everything they choose to look at.

The phone itself is a serious technological leap in the right direction. As one of several new Android phones with dual-core processors, it is able to go round for round, pound for pound, with the likes of the other Dual Core Champions, like the Motorola DROID Bionic, The LG Optimus 2X and the Samsung SII (or Samsung S2)
The Atrix has some impressive specifications. The Android 2.2 device is powered by NVIDIA Tegra 2 1GHz dual-core processor AP20H (one of the first mobile dual-cores available) and has an impressive 1 GB of DDR2 RAM, 16GB of internal memory, a powerful 1930 mAh, and a delightful 540 × 960, 4-inch multi-touch LCD, with Gorilla Glass (zero and resistant to breakage), a VGA front facing camera, a 5MP camera that can record video back to 720p, and a proximity sensor for auto-off.

Samsung SII (Samsung S2)

After months and months of teasing, and through digging through rumor after rumor, the Samsung Galaxy SII finally looks like the real deal. This phone has everything a superphone should have, and more. Featuring a super svelte 8.49mm profile, it feels sublime in the hand. With a massive 4.27 inch SAMOLED display, colors literally appear to pop right off it. To top things off, it can record in 1080p video via its delightful 8 megapixel camera. Finally, to truly seal the fate of our techno-lust, it packs an incredible Dual Core Orion processor, which is reputed to have performance superior to that of the Dual Core Nvidia Tegra 2. A very tempting proposition indeed.

According to Sylvia Chind, the Head of Branded Devices, Samsung is very much interested in increasing the number of handsets with Gingerbread on board. The runaway success of Samsung Galaxy S demonstrated to them the viability of success in selling Android Smartphones, and they are eager to grow this end of their business. They are even more excited in launching the Samsung Galaxy SII. The Samsung Galaxy SII is the slimmest one yet built and with the latest in mobile screen technology. The screen is the (Soon to be famous) Super Amoled Plus display. Thankfully, it is also built with the latest version of Android 2.3 Gingerbread, which features significant upgrades over 2.2, and enables faster performance.

Quick Profile

Some of the key features of the Samsung Galaxy SII are its 4.27” Real WVGA Super AMOLED display, its 8 mega pixel camera with 1080p video and LED Flash, a convenient front facing 2 megapixel camera, 16GB memory, a 1650mAh battery to support the dual core processor, Full HD recording and playing, a very slim body made of metal Bluetooth 3.0, and a Dual Core processor with the speed of 1GHz
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:11pm On Feb 23, 2011
moonraker:

At the mo, I'll go wit the Samsung GS2
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:12am On Feb 24, 2011
moonraker:

@ na2day!

Haba! dat question is very difficult to answer o!
It's like saying "which woman is the sweetest" each wit her own very nice qualities naa grin
Anywaz sha
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:13am On Feb 24, 2011
You see, the development of mobile technology has hit a near insanity pace. Only one year ago, a 550Mhz Phone like the Motorola Droid was considered a hot piece of kit. Today, people are going ballistic for dual core 1ghz phones with shockingly high resolutions, massive 1930mAh batteries, and a jaw dropping 1 gigabyte ram on board to handle the users every whim.
Just as we are talking about the best Android phone, another manufacturer, keeping pace with the frantic pace of Android innovation, pops up and unleashes yet another phone that bowls over a few rusting old titans.
The former heavyweights we are just getting used to, are now being bowled over by these new kids on the block
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 7:10am On Feb 24, 2011
Its obvious, the development of mobile technology has hit a near insanity pace. Only one year ago, a 550 mhz Phone like the Motorola Droid was considered a hot piece of kit. Today, people are going ballistic for dual core 1 ghz phones with shockingly high resolutions, massive 1930 mAh batteries, and a jaw dropping 1 gigabyte ram on board to handle the users every whim.
We have not finished talking about the best Android phone, when another manufacturer, keeping pace with the frantic pace of Android innovation, pops up and unleashes yet another phone that keels over our favorite champion!
The former heavyweights we are just getting used to, immediately becomes history!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2011
Its obvious, the development of mobile technology has hit a near insanity pace. Only one year ago, a 550 mhz Phone like the Motorola Droid was considered a hot piece of kit. Today, people are going ballistic for dual core 1 ghz phones with shockingly high resolutions, massive 1930 mAh batteries, and a jaw dropping 1 gigabyte ram on board to handle the users every whim.
We have not finished talking about the best Android phone, when another manufacturer, keeping pace with the frantic pace of Android innovation, pops up and unleashes yet another phone that keels over our favorite champion!
The former heavyweights we are just getting used to, immediately becomes history!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 8:31am On Feb 24, 2011
grin You see wetin d antispambot go cause!
I've been trying to post d above for d past 2days!
I've rephrased, removed and added not knowing what word is flagging the damn bot!
Honestly this is getting embarrassing!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 8:47am On Feb 24, 2011
Any which way, my own personal opinion be this!
The best as at this moment are:
OPTIMUS 3D as per performance,
Motorola Atrix
Samsung S2
Samsung Infuse 4G
Motorola Droid Bionic
LG Optimus 2X
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:49am On Feb 24, 2011
@na2day!:

True talk my brother. Check out my Droid 2 Global for example.It runs on a 1.2GHZ processor (which can be still be overclocked)!,512MB of RAM with 8GB of NAND! Insane right? Nah not really,not when you have something like the Motorola Atrix or the LG Optimus 3D!My problem is that this hardware guys are bumping the specs with reckless abandon not even bothering themselves with the fact that the software is not yet enhanced for this type of hardware. What difference does it make playing Angry birds on a 600MHZ processor or a 1GHZ Snapdragon or with a Tegra 2? The major improvement worthy of note are the batteries because that has always been the achilles heel of Beastly smartphones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 2:42pm On Feb 24, 2011
I'm sure, very soon we'll start seeing monstrous apps that will take advantage of these hardware!

grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 7:31pm On Feb 24, 2011
Androidify app in action :

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2011
hello guys,
I just got a galaxy S and am having challenges connecting to the internet through GPRS - no WIFI or 3G.
m
MTN settings do not load automatically, sending settings to 3888 also does'nt work.
Can it be configured manually or I should try using other networks?
ANYone who knows the APN settings should avail me,
Also will be manual settings not affect its performance,

Thank you,
Counting on your responses Nairalanders
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2011
^^^ Go to menu, settings, wireless and network, mobile networks, access point names, press menu to add apn.

use the settings here :
nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-321.64.html
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:22pm On Feb 26, 2011
grin
no performance degradation on manual settings naa!
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 11:47pm On Feb 26, 2011
@ baba bosun

Username: web

Password : web

APN: web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Account Name = MTN GPRS

This is all u need for the 3G icon to show up!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:05am On Feb 28, 2011
^^^, thanks a lot guyz for the response,
Am now enjoying the phone,

If I can ask, which network offers the best data plan. I use MTN @ the moment and with the way the device is guzzling kilobytes one has to be thrift.
Re: Android, Anyone? by praiseGod1: 9:15am On Feb 28, 2011
I want to sell htc desire,still clean,just 3 weeks of usage,8mp with 8gb memory card,expandable to 32gb.All the accessories are still intact, pictures are included below, its going for 80k, or best offer.if you are interested call me on 08037121117, I stay in lagos and am going to deal with buyers in lagos only.Thanks.

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:04am On Mar 02, 2011
Saab announces IQon, Android-based in-car infotainment system

Today Saab announced they will begin using Android as a base for their new car infotainment systems, dubbed IQon. Controlled via an 8 inch touchscreen, the IQon system will allow drivers to access music, navigation, car info and other information systems. Saab will be providing an API for developers to create applications that can access over 500 different parameters, from speed and direction of travel, to the steering wheel angle and the position of the sun. Sadly you won’t be able to access the Android Market from your Saab dashboard, but instead Saab’s own IQon Store, where they will provide high quality, relevant apps available to download on the go via the built in wireless modem. “Today’s customers want to be as well connected inside the car as they are at all other times,” said Johan Formgren, Head of Saab Aftersales and commercial project leader for IQon, “IQon will give them the convenient, seamless connectivity they enjoy with smartphones, while adding new car-specific programs and services.”

The service is currently being tested in a fleet of beta cars and Saab is showcasing the IQon system in their PhoeniX concept car a the 2011 Geneva Motor Show.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.