Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,164 members, 7,821,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (183169 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:41pm On Feb 10, 2011
na2day!:

grin grin grin
Nice to hear!
Continue to intimate us of your progress,
U're almost there!

Yes Boss. I will be dropping the details here as i proceed. BTW please what app do you recommend for screenshots? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2011
"ShootMe"

Very very nice screengrabber wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2011
na2day!:

"ShootMe"

Very very nice screengrabber wink
Thanks boss,i'm loving it. grin Shake to grab! wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by calcentron: 12:33pm On Feb 11, 2011
I bought my Tevci DroidPad preloaded with WhatsApp and many other applications. Nigeria Best Android Tablet PC as stated on there website http://www.tevci.com They are great and also work great with most USB modem tested with it. Glad that Nigerians are in the market of Android Tablets. At least we are not left behind. LoL
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2011
"NEWS: NOKIA AND MICROSOFT FORM PARTNERSHIP"

Nokia has announced plans to form a "broad strategic partnership" with Microsoft.

The deal would see Nokia use the Windows phone operating system for its smartphones, the company said.

Microsoft's Bing will power Nokia's search services, while Nokia Maps would be a core part of Microsoft's mapping services.

The best solution for Nokia would have been to make Android as well as WP7 products. Their strategy is massively risky, windows brand identity is not very desirable and they have a tiny percentage of the phone market. By being platform agnostic they could benefit from whichever 'ecosystem' happens to be doing well at any given time. I fear this will end quite badly for our Finish friends!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2011
Same thing i thought when i saw the news. Nokia makes the best hardware but where so adamant on keeping their crappy software (Symbian). Now that they have decided to send symbian to the grave,why settle for less?? Why not go with a trusted solution? (Andriod). I mean no disrespect to Windows phone 7 but i do see what challenge they stand to give either IOS or Andriod.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:00pm On Feb 11, 2011
Double N:

Same thing i thought when i saw the news. Nokia makes the best hardware but where so adamant on keeping their crappy software (Symbian). Now that they have decided to send symbian to the grave,why settle for less?? Why not go with a trusted solution? (Andriod). I mean no disrespect to Windows phone 7 but i do see what challenge they stand to give either IOS or Andriod.

No mind them jare, its their inability to see the inevitable that will soon do them in!
Its like someone from google said "Two turkeys cannot make an eagle" grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2011
[size=13pt]Samsung Galaxy S II and 10-inch Galaxy Tab II Details Leak[/size]

Looks like Samsung is announcing the the Galaxy S II and Galaxy Tab II at Mobile World Congress this week. The Galaxy S II is expected to rock a 4.3-inch 800 x 480 Super AMOLED Plus display, and 1GHz dual-core processor with NFC, Bluetooth 3.0, and 24Mbps HSPA+. The Galaxy Tab II is going to be 10-inches (nice!) and spec'd similarly to the Motorola Xoom. What's most interesting about this Tab II is that it'll be a Google Experience Device, meaning this could be a good one
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:07am On Feb 13, 2011
lolz! and Nokia thinks by going windows they can fight back? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin what a joke undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 2:46pm On Feb 13, 2011
thank God Nokia is more pragmatic than you folk.
if they had gone Android, they'd have been toast. See how @na2day and @otumfour are already drooling over the Galaxy S II. By the end of MWC 2011, LG and HTC would have announced ultra-powerful dual core phones. Just 2 months ago you two were drooling about Nexus S.
Now if given a choice, will any of you buy the Nexus S over the Galaxy S II? or even the LG Optimus 2X? Or the upcoming 3D Dual core LG phone?

If Nokia releases an 'N9' running Android, they'd struggle to differentiate themselves in the crazy Android world. Samsung sold 10 million galaxy S phones in 2010. They won't do that again in 2011. We'd have phones from LG, HTC and Motorola stealing their thunder.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 10:08pm On Feb 13, 2011
^^^pragmatic my foot!

Yeah. Right. Sure. Once upon a time Nokia delivered great products. In technology years that’s decades ago. Since then, first BlackBerries, then iPhones, and now a variety of Android phones have left Nokia eating their dust.

Microsoft, on the other hand, has always been a mobile operating system failure. Unable to squeeze out its enemies on phones with the strong-arm tactics that proved so successful on the desktop, it was forced to compete on features and quality on phones and Microsoft failed, and then failed again, and it’s still failing today with Windows Phone 7.

The sad thing is that Windows Phone 7 is, I think, easily the best of all of Microsoft’s attempts to create a mobile operating system. It would have been great in say 2007 when Apple released the iPhone. It would have had a shot if has showed up in 2008 when Google was still struggling to get Android-powered smartphones out the door. But today? Microsoft and Nokia are the edge.

We won’t see a shipping Nokia WP7 until the fourth quarter of 2011. By that time, the iPhone 5 will have been out for months; dozens of Android 2.4 phones will be out, and even HP’s webOS phones will be out before Nokia WP7 phones appear. Oh, and Research-in-Motion will have its next generation BlackBerry PlayBook out by then too.

Nokia could have done the smart thing and bit the bullet and gone with Android, which would have been much easier to port to Nokia’s hardware. Nokia could have done the brave thing and persisted with trying to make MeeGo into a viable smartphone system. Instead, Nokia’s Microsoft CEO did the Microsoft thing. I’m sure that will help him and his buddies in Redmond, Washington, but it won’t help Nokia at all.

Oh, in theory, MeeGo, like Android a Linux-based mobile operating system is still alive and kicking. It’s not. Even before Nokia announced its Microsoft partnership, the company had killed off its N9-00 MeeGo phone even before launching it. MeeGo, unless Intel decides to keep it going, is dead. Nokia will close the coffin lid on it later this year.

Look at this way though, thanks to this Microsoft deal, since MeeGo is an open-source project, it may very well live longer than Nokia will.

And like i said before somewhere in another thread, Only time will tell!
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 10:26pm On Feb 13, 2011
@na2day!:

^^^pragmatic my foot!

Yeah. Right. Sure. Once upon a time Nokia delivered great products. In technology years that’s decades ago. Since then, first BlackBerries, then iPhones, and now a variety of Android phones have left Nokia eating their dust.

Microsoft, on the other hand, has always been a mobile operating system failure. Unable to squeeze out its enemies on phones with the strong-arm tactics that proved so successful on the desktop, it was forced to compete on features and quality on phones and Microsoft failed, and then failed again, and it’s still failing today with Windows Phone 7.

The sad thing is that Windows Phone 7 is, I think, easily the best of all of Microsoft’s attempts to create a mobile operating system. It would have been great in say 2007 when Apple released the iPhone. It would have had a shot if has showed up in 2008 when Google was still struggling to get Android-powered smartphones out the door. But today? Microsoft and Nokia are the edge.

We won’t see a shipping Nokia WP7 until the fourth quarter of 2011. By that time, the iPhone 5 will have been out for months; dozens of Android 2.4 phones will be out, and even HP’s webOS phones will be out before Nokia WP7 phones appear. Oh, and Research-in-Motion will have its next generation BlackBerry PlayBook out by then too.

Nokia could have done the smart thing and bit the bullet and gone with Android, which would have been much easier to port to Nokia’s hardware. Nokia could have done the brave thing and persisted with trying to make MeeGo into a viable smartphone system. Instead, Nokia’s Microsoft CEO did the Microsoft thing. I’m sure that will help him and his buddies in Redmond, Washington, but it won’t help Nokia at all.

Oh, in theory, MeeGo, like Android a Linux-based mobile operating system is still alive and kicking. It’s not. Even before Nokia announced its Microsoft partnership, the company had killed off its N9-00 MeeGo phone even before launching it. MeeGo, unless Intel decides to keep it going, is dead. Nokia will close the coffin lid on it later this year.

Look at this way though, thanks to this Microsoft deal, since MeeGo is an open-source project, it may very well live longer than Nokia will.

And like i said before somewhere in another thread, Only time will tell!

I'm sorry, but you've confirmed you don't know what you're talking about.
Windows Mobile a mobile OS failure? You're kidding, right? After Symbian, Windows Mobile was the next most popular mobile OS on smartphones. For enterprise use, Windows Mobile was the marketleader by a long shot in 2004.

I can't see why you didn't get my point. Going with Android would have been a terrible decision by Nokia. They'd never be able to differentiate their phone fully, they'd be locked in an insanely difficult competition with the likes of LG, HTC, Motorola and Samsung. Take a look at the initial reveals from MWC 2011. Can you see how the hype for Motorola's Atrix is already dying?

I don't understand your point about 'blackberries left Nokia eating their dust'. Nokia still remains the largest phone maker in the world, well above RIM (4th place). As far as OS is concerned, Nokia's Symbian^3 is miles better than the crappy BB OS. So what exactly did you mean by that comment?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:50pm On Feb 13, 2011
texazzpete:

I'm sorry, but you've confirmed you don't know what you're talking about.
Windows Mobile a mobile OS failure? You're kidding, right? After Symbian, Windows Mobile was the next most popular mobile OS on smartphones. For enterprise use, Windows Mobile was the marketleader by a long shot in 2004.

Still dwelling on what has been, eh
Right now Windowsphone 7 is a mobile that seems to be completely disconnected from the reality of the present mobile industry. Imagine? No copy and paste, no Flash support, no multitasking. This might have worked two years ago, in fact it did work two years ago with the first and second iPhones, but tell Microsoft, this is not 2008 anymore. If they want to seriously compete, sorry to be cliché but they need to get with the times.
At the news of the alliance, Nokia's shares went 14% down and were at one time as much as 16% down. It would be safe to say that there is concern in the market as to whether this alliance is good for Nokia.

texazzpete:

I can't see why you didn't get my point. Going with Android would have been a terrible decision by Nokia. They'd never be able to differentiate their phone fully, they'd be locked in an insanely difficult competition with the likes of LG, HTC, Motorola and Samsung. Take a look at the initial reveals from MWC 2011. Can you see how the hype for Motorola's Atrix is already dying?

Yeah, i know!
They should have gone Android a long time ago, They were always about hardware, Both combined, back then would have been "da bomb"
I still maintain they should not be putting all their eggs in one basket, HTC model would have cut them some slacks.
Infact i would rather buy a solid Nokia phone running android rather than the fragile toys circulating all over the market now.
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 9:17am On Feb 14, 2011
Enuff Said, This is as close as you GET!!!

Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:22am On Feb 14, 2011
@na2day!:

Still dwelling on what has been, eh
Right now Windowsphone 7 is a mobile that seems to be completely disconnected from the reality of the present mobile industry. Imagine? No copy and paste, no Flash support, no multitasking. This might have worked two years ago, in fact it did work two years ago with the first and second iPhones, but tell Microsoft, this is not 2008 anymore. If they want to seriously compete, sorry to be cliché but they need to get with the times.

You said Windows Mobile has always been a failure, i countered it with factual data. Why the cheap dig?
Windows Phone 7 will get copy and paste in March. Flash support will come eventually. IOS doesn't have flash and it's still running neck and neck with Android, scoring points as the better overall OS for now. Multi-tasking is coming as an update this year too. They are, in your words, 'getting with the times'.

Nokia's first WP7 device will ship at the end of 2011. By then, all these updates will be out. The Windows Marketplace will have a load of apps (windows marketplace grew faster than Android Market and AppStore in the last few months). Nokia's Ovi maps will provide FREE turn by turn OFFLINE maps, every bit as good as google's offering. Bing is every bit as accurate (if not more) than google search.

In short, by end 2011 Windows Phone 7 will be every bit as attractive as android for the vast majority of mainstream customers.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 9:50pm On Feb 14, 2011
texazzpete:

You said Windows Mobile has always been a failure, i countered it with factual data. Why the cheap dig?
Windows Phone 7 will get copy and paste in March. Flash support will come eventually. IOS doesn't have flash and it's still running neck and neck with Android, scoring points as the better overall OS for now. Multi-tasking is coming as an update this year too. They are, in your words, 'getting with the times'.

Nokia's first WP7 device will ship at the end of 2011. By then, all these updates will be out. The Windows Marketplace will have a load of apps (windows marketplace grew faster than Android Market and AppStore in the last few months). Nokia's Ovi maps will provide FREE turn by turn OFFLINE maps, every bit as good as google's offering. Bing is every bit as accurate (if not more) than google search.

In short, by end 2011 Windows Phone 7 will be every bit as attractive as android for the vast majority of mainstream customers.

Its like i said before, time will tell!
I sincerely hope they both succeed, anyways the more the merrier grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by abionaalli(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2011
i'm a bit worried for Nokia. why go with only wp7 when they can continue with meego, as well as adopt android? so what happens if it they dont succeed? after-all, htc produces windows phones alongside their android phones and they are a very successful company. it would look like nokia is running away from competition but i say that is what will make them stronger. i have my doubts about the success of wp7 cos i think microsoft came late to the party but like has been earlier said only time will tell.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:08pm On Feb 15, 2011
[size=13pt]Is the iPhone about to get a little brother? Cheaper and smaller model is 'due out this summer'[/size]

Apple is working on a new version of the iPhone which will be smaller and cheaper than current models, a source close to the company has revealed.

Bosses hope the new phone will slow down Google’s progress as the biggest software provider in the smartphone market with its Android platform.

According to sources at Apple, the company has built a prototype which will cost as little as $200 without a contract, compared with the latest iPhone 4 at $625.

Phone users on tighter budgets have been shunning the pricey iPhones in favour of less expensive models which have Google’s popular Android software. Apple will now hope to lure away customers from the likes of Nokia.

New phone will be a smaller version of the iPhone 4 and is a separate release to the iPhone 5

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1356749/iPhone-nano-Apples-smaller-cheaper-model-summer.html
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2011
^^^ E be like say Apple too don wake up! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:29pm On Feb 15, 2011
Feeling Suicidal? Karoshi By YoYo Games Now In The Android Market

Another game hit that was previously available only as a Flash game on PCs is now on Android, and its premise may surprise you. Mr. Karoshi, who happens to be an "overworked Japanese salaryman" is feeling suicidal. Your job? Finish him off.

The puzzle game features dark humor (no kidding?), 50 levels, a mini game, and is actually quite a bit of fun. Check out the trailer below – it shows off the Karoshi quite well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXhO28O-gI&feature=player_embedded
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:32pm On Feb 15, 2011
HTC Announces Six New Android Devices (Desire S, Wildfire S, Incredible S, Salsa, ChaCha, And Flyer Tablet), Confirms That Android 2.4 Is Gingerbread

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/02/15/htc-launches-six-new-android-devices-desire-s-wildfire-s-incredible-s-salsa-chacha-and-flyer-tablet-confirms-that-android-2-4-is-gingerbread/
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2011
Make Your Clock Widget: Because Everyone Should Have A Totally Customized Clock

The open-endedness – particularly, the customizability – of Android is exactly what makes me love it so much. And Make Your Clock Widget is a perfect example of that, offering seemingly infinite possibilities for what you can create. Don’t believe me? Take a look at the sample screenshots:

Intrigued, I took a few minutes to play with it, and came away hugely impressed (note: I didn’t include a picture of my final clock because… well, I made a goofy clock just playing around with the app.)

Make Your Clock Widget app, head on over to the Market to download it for free
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:49pm On Feb 15, 2011
LG Optimus 3D Is A Beast – Scores Almost 3000 In Quadrant, Higher Than Any Other Stock Android Smartphone

Earlier today at MWC, LG officially unveiled its most powerful upcoming smartphone – Optimus 3D. We’ve already heard of Optimus 3D before, and even witnessed both decent and disastrously cheesy ads LG put out for ahead of the release, but what we didn’t know is that the Optimus 3D would end up the most powerful smartphone currently on the market.

Not only is the phone powered by a 1GHz TI OMAP4 dual-core processor (which seems to be just as beefy, if not beefier than Tegra 2), but it’s also world’s first dual-channel and dual-memory Android smartphone to aid those 2 cores and squeeze every last bit of juice out of them.

The LG Optimus 3D packs exceptional features with performance in mind, including an advanced dual-core, dual-channel and dual-memory architecture.

Equipped with a 1GHz OMAP4 dual-core processor and four times more video decoders than competing designs, the LG Optimus 3D doubles the graphics performance of its nearest competitor allowing users to enjoy superb performance while web surfing, running applications and enjoying multimedia content.

In addition, the LG Optimus 3D provides the world`s first full 3D experience covering the full spectrum from recording to viewing and sharing 3D content.

It features a dual-lens camera that enables users to capture any moment in true 3D which can then be viewed immediately on the 4.3-inch WVGA glasses-free display.

Multiple connectivity options including HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface) and DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) also make it easy for users to transfer their recorded content to other devices.

So, how does the new architecture fare against the competition? Not too shabby, I’d say – according to LG, the Optimus 3D scores a mind-bending 2958 in Quadrant – the highest out of any stock Android setups we’ve ever seen. Phone Arena took the phone out for a spin at MWC to do a real-world test of their own and got about 2800 points, which is still the largest number to show up on a non-modified device.

Note: I’m using the word stock here to mean non-modified manufacturer-installed software, as opposed to stock AOSP Android.

For comparison, Phone Arena also tested the LG 2x which scored 2700 or so and the Galaxy S II, which got a measly 1950, probably resulting from Samsung’s constant woes around using an unoptimized filesystem, which required all kinds of lagfixes in the past (although, if the filesystem is in order, then the S II has other problems we don’t know about yet).

In addition to the insane performance, Optimus 3D’s glasses-free 3D playback and recording of 3D videos leave me with just one word: WANT.

For the happy ending, LG provided us the following cheery Optimus 3D videos – feast your eyes and pray that your favorite carrier gets it soon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXyBaSW4F1o&feature=player_embedded
Re: Android, Anyone? by greatlife1: 8:27am On Feb 16, 2011
I HAVE AN HTC DESIRE HD FOR SALE,RUNNING ON ANDROID FROYO 2.2 WITH 8G MEMORY AND THE PHONE IS NOT UP TO A MONTH OLD.VERY CLEAN, GOING FOR JUST 80K,IF INTERESTED DONT HESITATE TO CONTACT ME, SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY WITHIN LAGOS.MY NUMBER IS 08037121117.
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 11:06pm On Feb 16, 2011
Na2ay! Thanx a lot for the updates

Jyz look @ ANdroid go grin grin
luvin every bit of it
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ehisod(m): 11:05pm On Feb 17, 2011
Guys,

I was surprised at nokia's decision to go with MS WP7 reminded me of NAS and JayZ after all the beefing between both giants NAS ended up working for JayZ. I was with Windows mobile for a long time before switching to android. And I can reliably say that am staying for a long time and that android will continue to rule for a long while even sef if Job IPhone 10/2 or Nokia+MS WP7 join body them can't fit. Google strategy of freedom for all was a killer blow to them all OS wise then came the range of devices them jaburata. You just can't beat that combination of market approach. Google Android is too much!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 11:00pm On Feb 18, 2011
[size=13pt]CyanogenMod 7 RC1 Now Available For 17 Android Devices[/size]

Warning: This article contains information about flashing custom ROMs to your phone. If you’re at all new to this, give our complete guide to custom ROM flashing a read. http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/05/08/complete-guide-how-to-flash-a-custom-rom-to-your-android-phone-with-rom-manager-full-backup-restore/

Well folks, the day has finally come: the Gingerbread-based CyanogenMod 7 Release Candidates have landed for 17 Android devices. These "RCs" are suitable, generally speaking, for everyday use and have been road-tested enough that TeamDouche feels they’re almost ready for prime time. Hit the links for the individual threads, which contain instructions and download mirrors:
Nexus One CM7 RC1
CDMA Desire CM7 RC1
GSM Desire CM7 RC1
Desire HD / Inspire CM7 RC1
Droid Incredible CM7 RC1
EVO 4G CM7 RC1
myTouch 3G Slide CM7 RC1
myTouch 4G CM7 RC1
Desire Z / G2 CM7 RC1
Aria CM7 RC1
Legend CM7 RC1
Wildfire CM7 RC1
Tattoo CM7 RC1
Geeksphone One CM7 RC1
ZTE Blade CM7 RC1
Nexus S CM7 RC1
Viewsonic G-Tablet CM7 RC1

Download http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?type=RC

Happy flashing, and be sure to read the instructions if this is your first go. We’ll be updating this post as more devices get the bump to RC 1.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day1: 10:36pm On Feb 19, 2011
[size=13pt]32 Best (And 2 WTF) New Android Apps And Games[/size]

Welcome to the weekly roundup of the best new Android applications, games, and live wallpapers that went live in the Market or were spotted by us in the previous week or so.

Androidify: Androidify yourself by customizing the little green Android as yourself, your family, your friends, anyone! Stretch it , shrink it, add a hoody, style its hair, throw on some shades, or even give it a parrot and a pirate hat. Arrrgh!

Once you’ve personalized your Android, share it with your friends, set it as a photo in your contact book, or use it in some inventive way we haven’t thought of yet. Have fun, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!

Developed together by Google Creative Lab and Larva Labs.

Redbox: The official redbox app lets you browse and reserve movies, plus find the nearest redbox kiosk from wherever you are.
Find a redbox
Find a movie
Reserve a movie

Cisco WebEx Meetings: Take mobile web conferencing to a whole new level with Cisco WebEx Meetings for Android. Attend WebEx meetings with full-screen view and simple audio connection options, including free VoIP, a direct call-in number, or a convenient call back on your phone. View content shared from any computer, including: documents, applications, or screen-sharing with live annotations. Zoom and scan the content by pinching the screen.

See who’s in your meeting, and how they joined, with mobile and computer user icons. Start a chat with an individual—or everyone in the meeting. And control your audio with mute/un-mute capabilities. With exclusive Android-specific features, you can view your upcoming meetings on the WebEx widget, giving you instant meeting access directly from your Android home screen.

Do even more with your host account! You get a streamlined sign-on process, plus the ability to easily start, schedule, cancel, and end meetings. Invite others to meetings directly from your contact list and easily pass presenter capabilities to another participant. You can even make another participant the host and expel participants, when necessary.

Minimal RSS Widget: Display the latest news titles from your favourite websites/blogs right on your desktop with this simple and elegant RSS widget !

Link2SD: Link2SD is an application that makes it easy for Android users with root privileges on their phone to move applications to the SD card.
The idea behind is same with apps2sd scripts, linking applications to SD card ext2 partition but differs in two ways.
One, instead of linking /data/app folder (that means moving all applications), you can select applications that you want to move.
Two, its an application which means has a user interface. You can manage your applications, create or remove links with just one click.

Features:
Creates and removes link for application you select
Lists applications, shows they are linked or not
Sorts and filters applications
Displays available space information of phone, SD card and SD card ext2 partition.
Repairs missing Market applications

3D Digital Weather Clock: A Digital Clock widget with size 4×2. It features:
12/24 hour clock +Color choice on some info displayed
System Stats Information pop-up
Battery icon on clock
Weather & Forecast
2 Forecast layouts
tap bottom right- preferences
tap bottom left- System information dialog
tap on weather icon- forecast
tap Hour- launch anything!(more coming)

Norton Mobile Utilities (Beta): Norton Mobile Utilities Beta helps to:
manage applications: stop running apps, uninstall apps and copy apk file to SD card
monitor phone usage: warn user the phone, SMS and data usage basing on monthly data plan
monitor device current status: present Battery/CPU/Memory/Network status
install apps in SD card

Make Your Clock Widget: Make your very own clock widget design. Ultimate solution for all home screen modders. You can create either minimalistic text-based or full features text based clock by yourself.

FPse for android: FPse for android is the fastest and the most compatible PSone emulator for handled devices. (also known as Psx or Playstation 1)
Make image ISO from your games, and enjoy playing them on your Android phone.
FPse include those impressives strengths:
Very fast
High compatibility
High sound quality.
Realtime savestate
Audio tracks emulation (using .cue file)
Forcefeedback
Overlay Pads dynamically loadable
Guncon emulation
Analog Sticks using sliding on touchscreen
Playable from Gsensor, Touchscreen and hardware keys.
Support .img .iso .bin .cue .nrg and .Z disc image format.

Plixi/TweetPhoto for Android: Socially share photos with your friends on Plixi, Twitter and Facebook.

Sharing your photos socially is a snap. The Plixi app is designed to optimize the photo sharing experience on Plixi, Twitter and Facebook. Users can quickly upload photos to Plixi from their Android mobile devices. Plixi can also be selected from the native Share feature on Android to upload photos. Uploaded photos will be shared in real-time on Plixi, Twitter or Facebook. This application will also share the location of where the photo was taken.

iHear Network: With this app, you’ll be able to hear geo-tagged content from all over the world. Virtually “teleport” anywhere worldwide and listen to what people are saying as it happens! Utilizing text-to-speech and location-based technologies, you can hear geo-tagged content from the web read aloud as it’s posted online.

Delta: Designed to make flying Delta Air Lines even more convenient and rewarding, this free travel app helps you take care of key travel tasks on the go:
check in for upcoming flights.
download mobile boarding passes (where available).
check flight status and get terminal and gate info.
search upcoming flight schedules.
see your SkyMiles balance and status.
check airport info and weather.
save a photo and note your parking spot.

Funny Notepad: It may not be the only notepad on the Market, but I really love the looks of this app.
Funny Notepad is an easy-to-use tool to capture your ideas, to-do lists, reminders and notes. It has a stylish interface and an intuitive navigation. You can scroll through pages by flipping them with the tip of your finger. The built in calendar makes it possible to jump to the specific date in the future. Single tap on a note strikes it out, which could be useful while checking your shopping lists. Task management has never been that easy and fun.

Headset Button Controller: Those of you with buttons in your headphones may find this app quite useful.
Headset Button Controller is a small application that turns the headphone button to a remote control for your music player.
* single press: play / pause / answer call / hang up
* double press: next track
* triple press: previous track
* long press [configurable]: fast forward [*] / start voice command / start voice search
[*] probably not every player is supporting the fast forward mode – HTC player does
It was designed for the HTC music player (Sense) on my HTC Desire, but could work for others as well. It depends on if the player is implementing the standard android commands correctly. Please let me know on which devices / music players it’s working.

There is no need to start the application. Just install it and enjoy …

Forever Alone SMS Widget: You’re Forever Alone Until a TXT arrives,

But probably it’s your mom or the mobile operator, because you are…

FOREVER ALONE.

Best Voices for Android: Alternative voices for Android TTS (text-to-speech), $2.99 each.

"Best Voices for Android" languages include: Arabic, Brazilian Portuguese, Canadian French, Cantonese, Czech, Danish, Dutch, European Spanish, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish, UK English, and U.S. English.

Hak5:Put together by a band of IT ninjas, security professionals and hardcore gamers, Hak5 isn’t your typical tech show. Hosts Darren Kitchen and Shannon Morse take on hacking in the old-school sense, covering everything from network security, open source and forensics, to DIY modding and the homebrew scene.
Born and raised on computers and tech, the Hak5 team have established themselves as experts in the world of network security, open source technologies, DIY moding and hacking.
Damn the warranties, it’s time to Trust your Technolust!

Dan 3.0: Dan Brown is putting his real life into the hands of his trusty online viewers. For the next year, the Dan 3.0 community (aka the pogotribe) is voting on what Dan Brown should do next. From what he wears, where he lives and travels, and who he collaborates with, Dan has given up control of his day-to-day life and is vlogging about the choices viewers are making for him.
Tune in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday to see what viewers decide Dan should do next! And visit the website to vote or submit a task of your own.

GeekBeat.TV: GeekBeat.TV is an Internet television show, hosted by Cali Lewis, featuring tech news, the latest gadgets, and breakthroughs in interesting research. Cali has a passion for technology and works hard to find the most compelling and exciting tech stories out there.
GeekBeat.TV offers the day’s hottest stories, tips, trends, and news all in one place. It’s the next can’t-miss show for anyone looking to keep their finger on the pulse of the wired world.
Tune in every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday for news and reviews of today’s must-have tech gadgets.

Scientific Tuesdays: Scientific Tuesdays is a new segment from Household Hacker. Every week Dylan demonstrates explosive science experiments. Using common items and simple explanations, Scientific Tuesdays features all the smoke, fire, and periodic pranks that you’d never learn in high school chemistry class.
Bring the lab to your laptop with the coolest science experiments on the web!

The Young Turks: The Young Turks is the largest online news show in the world. Hosted by Cenk Uygur, an MSNBC regular contributor and Huffington Post writer, The Young Turks has grown from a successful, groundbreaking webcast to one of the largest and most viewed YouTube channels.
Winner of Best Political Podcast & Best Political News Site of 2009, The Young Turks covers news, politics, pop culture and lifestyle content in a refreshingly down-to-earth manner. As an aggregator of the top news stories, The Young Turks offers real conversations about important topics, delivering timely and honest news.
Tune in every Monday through Friday to hear what Cenk, Anna, and their guests have to say about the latest issues that everyone’s talking about!

Sports Illustrated: Experience SPORTS ILLUSTRATED on your Android smartphone.
This app gives you the ability to subscribe to Sports Illustrated magazine or to add the digital edition to your print subscription.

TwoNav Beta Trial: This map app actually looks very useful to the hikers, runners, bikers, etc. I don’t think it necessarily competes with the Google Maps, because it offers features GMaps doesn’t and has no built-in navigation. Click through to the app page, as the description of all the features is really long.

The downside is, of course, this is just a trial.

Words With Friends: The #1 mobile word game Words With Friends Free is now available on Android.

Play Words With Friends Free with both your Android and iPhone/iPad-toting friends. Experience for yourself why millions of players are addicted to the word building, triple score seeking, chat bubble sending goodness of Words With Friends.

WORDS WITH FRIENDS ADDICTIVE FEATURES

Simple and familiar crossword gameplay you know and love

Turn-based design lets you play up to 20 games simultaneously

Play with your friends or match-make instantly with a random opponent

Stay in touch with friends and family with in-game chat messaging

Push notifications tell you when it’s your turn

Demon Hunter: What the hell is a Cancel System? And the Soul Equip System just sounds too awesome.
Demon hunter is a stylish action rpg game taking place in Akoron which is a different dimension. Your character doesn’t have assigned jobs like other games. But by mixing skills and characteristics, the user can create a unique job for characters. By playing main quests and sub quests, the user can perform fancy skills, cancel system and variety of actions after playing this game.

Last Stand: It’s you against the undead horde. Alone and hemmed in from all sides you stumble across the last gunshop on earth. It’s time to tool up, face the mob and go out in a blaze of glory. Fight the zombie horde with a range of pistols, machine guns and explosives.

Karoshi by YoYo Games: I just LOVE the premise of this game. "Mr Karoshi is an overworked Japanese salaryman who’s had enough and his only goal is to end it all" – I’m sold.

One of the most popular games on PC, iPhone and iPad now comes to Android! Karoshi has been played by millions on the PC to date to high acclaim.

Mr Karoshi is an overworked Japanese salaryman who’s had enough and his only goal is to end it all. You control him to work through the fast logic puzzles trying to find hilarious ways to his demise in this highly original, puzzle, platformer with a twist.
It’s not as easy as it sounds!! You need to think cleverly and sometimes ‘outside the box’ to find a solution. Forget everything you know so far!
Features:
50 levels
Dark Humor
Collect all the coins
Karoshi Ware mini game
From the maker of ‘They Need To Be Fed’
Catchy soundtrack by Jake Almond

They Need To Be Fed by YoYo Games: Run and jump through 7 crazy worlds to feed the monsters. It doesn’t matter which way you go: You can’t fall off because of the 360°gravity. Jump from rotating planes to moving ones, avoid dangers and collect diamonds.
Each world has 7 exciting levels and a special "x" one to unlock.
Do you have what it takes to perfect every level?
Features:
7 worlds to explore
360°gravity gameplay
Special "x" levels
Physics-based platforming
25 challenging achievements
Slick visuals
Fantastic soundtrack by Jake Almond

Skydiver HD by YoYo Games:The survival of Skydiver is down to you. Duck, dodge and dive your way past deadly birds, dangerous jet planes and devastating helicopters. Keep it together by ripping off other skydiver’s limbs and saving yourself from TERMINAL VELOCITY by pinching parachutes.
Skydiver is a fun, fast, frantic, action game that will keep you coming back for more, More and MORE!
Features:
Action Packed Free Fall Gameplay
Robot Mode
Planes, Birds, Helicopters
Bonus Box Pick Ups
21 Exciting Achievements

[size=13pt]
WTF Apps Of The Week
[/size]

It’s About Time: This is a WTF app with a hint of awesomeness. Ever thought, "I wish I could turn my clock into dominos?" Well, now you can.

"Hey honey, can you look at my phone and tell me what time it is?" – "Sure, it’s… WTF is this?"
Don’t just tell time. Make a statement.
Domino Clock is beautiful in its simplicity. It is a modern representation of the elements that make up time.
It presents the time on 3 clean Dominos.

FireYourEx: "Avoid arguments and uncomfortable situations, say it with fire" – ’nuff said. Oh, and then the person you fired gets a message about it. Can you say WTF?
Get rid of the numbers you no longer want! Has your relationship with someone ended? Maybe you’ve been burned by a former lover, friend, or boss? Now you can have the satisfaction of burning them back…or at least burning up their contact info in your Smart Phone!

Our phones are part of our lives, and you can’t truly get someone out of your life completely until you remove them from your phone
Spite is priceless!!! Avoid arguments and uncomfortable situations, say it with fire.

The person you fired will get a message along with a link to our website. There they will find an explanation about how you fired them.

Re: Android, Anyone? by Pweety4me(f): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2011
^na u be dis?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.