Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,732 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:03 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (182651 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Feb 06, 2011
Sequel to earlier post, opted for Desire HD at expense of iphone

Fantastic phone, wink wink

managed to get some sweet premium apps and games for free

PES 11,All Gameloft android games, angry birds, Power AMP is the BOMB.

Any other apps i should know of?
Re: Android, Anyone? by otumfour(m): 8:50pm On Feb 06, 2011
na2day!:

Yes, its still quite buggy, I used it to download some apps this morning, I'm yet to see d apps on my phone
undecided don' know abt tht mahn, I'v neem installing apps like no 1's bizzz
this is so much fun grin grin grin

ifyalways:

I have a samsung Galaxy but the only things i can operate are:
Make calls.
Receive calls.
Send and recieve sms.
I use my samsung b7330 and Nokia effectively.
U have a Galaxy S and u juz making calls wit it?
Ify, u missing a lot dear, tht bad boy can cause u to leave ur PC for days lol
Re: Android, Anyone? by busynett: 9:49am On Feb 07, 2011
Still enjoying my Google Nexus S running Gingerbread 2.3.2. Bought this phone from BestBuy store in December in HTown. It has made me abandon my laptop for most of the day because I can also remotely access my server in the office.

Just less than 2 months already looking to changing this machine to one with faster processor  grin

Rgds
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:00am On Feb 07, 2011
Please any advice on Top apps to download? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Maximip(m): 10:45am On Feb 08, 2011
Double N:

Please any advice on Top apps to download? grin

Some apps I think are nice.

IMdb and Movies - you can get info on upcoming movies and even watch their trailer

Android Assistant - Not sure how useful this will be but it was very helpful when I had some stubborn apps starting automatically

Goggles - Let you take a picture of a logo, landscape, face or anything and perform a search with it

pulse and stumbleupon - if you like to read

QR droid - generate and read a special type of barcode for anything

Heavy Gunner and Gun Bros - the [b]fun[/b]niest games i've played in the last month.

Would like to know the apps other are using too.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:57am On Feb 08, 2011
Thanks bro.I use the googles and the pulse and I must confess,they are the ish.I will give the other apps a spin. cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:15am On Feb 08, 2011
U guyz can try :
paper toss : a very easy game for relaxation
jokepedia : jokes galore, about 800 jokes
U.S Army survival guide : very nice and interesting
sniper shots : turns ur camera to a sniper scope, u can start taking potshot at people
knotsguide : shows u how to tie different kind of knots
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 12:21pm On Feb 08, 2011
This Paper Toss dey take style dey addictive o. grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 12:26pm On Feb 08, 2011
anyone seen the HTC Inspire 4G??

forget Galaxy whatever, this phone is crazy!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2011
Double N:

This Paper Toss dey take style dey addictive o. grin

cheesy yes, very!
But not as addictive as angry birds. grin
Infact I need deliverance from angry birds! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 12:40pm On Feb 08, 2011
moonraker:

anyone seen the HTC Inspire 4G??

forget Galaxy whatever, this phone is crazy!!!

Yes I've seen d spec sheet!
The way HTC is churning them out these days, my HTC desire dey try too sha! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
na2day!:

cheesy yes, very!
But not as addictive as angry birds. grin
Infact I need deliverance from angry birds! grin
MEN!! dat Angry Birds is really very addictive oh. . . . . . . i just had a spin on a friend's iphone 3gs and meeeennn i can't wait to get my hands on an android version grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 3:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
lynxnoon:

MEN!! dat Angry Birds is really very addictive oh. . . . . . . i just had a spin on a friend's iphone 3gs and meeeennn i can't wait to get my hands on an android version grin grin
Baba Lynx we dey wait ur machine for this side o! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:42pm On Feb 08, 2011
Double N:

Baba Lynx we dey wait your machine for this side o! grin
My guy very very soon oh!! one tin or d oda just dey delay me
My eye still dey on dat one oh!! . . . . . . d 1 dat defies anytin wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2011
lynxnoon:

My guy very very soon oh!! one tin or d oda just dey delay me
My eye still dey on dat one oh!! . . . . . . d 1 dat defies anytin wink
Badt Guys! grin. 'The one that defies anything'
Re: Android, Anyone? by ClubDroid: 5:31pm On Feb 08, 2011
URBANWORLD WIRELESS LAUNCHES ‘CLUB DROID’ MOBILE APP FOR ANDROID OS
“INTERSCOPE RECORDS, TETEO TEQUILA JOIN FORCES
CLUB DRIOD KNOWS HOW TO PARTY!”

September 1, 2010-Los Angeles, CA- UrbanWorld Wireless, a pioneer in creating,
aggregating urban entertainment content, along withmusic powerhouse Interscope Records
have partnered to launch ”Club Droid,” combiningtechnology, lifestyle and urban
entertainment news in one cool, new mobile application for the Android OS marketplace.

Club Droid is a“21 & Over” free application available now on the Android platform
providing a mobile VIP connection to the hottest parties in major cities including Los
Angeles, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami and New York City.Interscope
Records will promote an array of upcoming events including album release parties, music
showcase & artist meet & greets with fans thru the app for Android users. “Club Droid
thanks to its ability to conduct location base notifications makes for another great way
we are connecting our artists& fans together all in one mobile app,” says Troy Marshall,
Senior VP Marketing Interscope Records. Upcoming promotions includes artist Keri Hilson,
Lloyd, and highly anticipated November 2nd release fromSoulja Boy, amongst other
projections to come.

Along with up-to-the minute alerts to the hottest parties and entertainment news update,
Club Droid offers Android users “mobile incentives” which include discount coupons and
promotions on various lifestyle products.Start up companyTateo Tequila is amongst the
first liquor brands to begin implementing mobile marketing targeting club goers. “The
Club Droid app is a very effective way to create customized and personal messages to
promote our brand.” Tateo will be conducting various promotions thru the mobile app
including “Tequila Tastmakers Parties” for Android users.

Club Droid operates on the Android OS which recently according to Nielsen has outpaced
the iPhone among new smartphone customers for the 2nd quarter of 2010 in the U.S.
Party promoters now have the ability to post parties and events as well party goers the
ability to rate and comment on parties. More information available at www.ClubDroid.net

About Interscope:
Combing the legacies of three of the most influential record labels in modern music
history, Interscope Geffen A&M Records embarked on a new tradition of musical achievement
with its unification on January 1, 1999. Headed by Chairman Jimmy Iovine, Interscope
Geffen A&M is a major force in global music, developing chart-topping artist across a
wide range of musical genres including rock, rap, and alternative. Interscope Geffen A&M
Records is a part of Universal Music Group, the world’s largest music company.

About UrbanWorld Wireless:
UrbanWorld Wireless (UDub) is a full service content provider/aggregator and digital
entertainment network geared toward the urban lifestyle market, with global distribution.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, UDub offers a full mobile content catalogue that includes
full length digital music downloads via its digital music label, UDub!Music; the latest
technology news with an urban twist via its Hi' Tech Pimpin' website; and UDub!News,
which offers global, up-to-the-minute urban news delivered via WAP, SMS, MMS, RSS and
email. All of these services are currently delivered to a worldwide subscriber base of
nearly 4.6 million. More information is available at www.urbanworldwireless.com

Also, check out the new Club Droid 2.0 Video that has the entire industry buzzing by clicking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wO5wpkEISo

Re: Android, Anyone? by Ehisod(m): 10:03pm On Feb 08, 2011
What ever you have to say the SGS is a tight ass machine any day aside from the still picture quality in low light conditions its more than enough for me at least for now. Seriously men android has been enjoyable fast connection, good HD games that perform smoothly on my SGS. anyway I just dey start with this phone I see a long and happy relationship between me and android. All hail King Android king of all mobile OSes.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:59am On Feb 09, 2011
Anyone playing angrybirds valentine edition?
Chai! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 1:45pm On Feb 09, 2011
na2day!:

Anyone playing angrybirds valentine edition?
Chai! grin
Yes o! I kinda prefer it to the original. BTW How do i go about downloading the Titanium backup? i can't seem to find it in the Market.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2011
Use ur search button and type "titanium backup " if u're still not getting it, maybe d region u are in is not allowing the download,so I'll have to hack ur marketplace!
To hack, u'll need "market enabler" search XDA and download, its harmless and it will give u power to access more apps from regions round the world!
All u have to do is just open d market enabler, pick any network in US, Germany, or any country u want, longpress, and it'll ask u whether to enable for d particular network, after enabling u can now open the marketplace on ur phone!
U can be in 9ja and enjoy d market place of USA!
Have more fun wit more apps at ur fingertips!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 2:05pm On Feb 09, 2011
Badt Guys! Searching XDA pronto. Still at a crossroads on whether to root or not and whether to install a Fission Rom.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:10pm On Feb 09, 2011
Rooting was d 2nd best decision I made after moving from windows mobile to an android.
WHAT ARE U STILL WAITING FOR?
grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 2:11pm On Feb 09, 2011
na2day!:

Rooting was d 2nd best decision I made after moving from windows mobile to an android.
WHAT ARE U STILL WAITING FOR?
grin

I'm scared i might brick my phone. undecided
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:21pm On Feb 09, 2011
Double N:

I'm scared i might brick my phone. undecided

XDA is ur friend!
Take time to search thru relevance info about rooting ur particular brand of phone on XDA, read about problems with rooting that particular phone if there is any, then make ur decision!
Consider the benefits:
-Gingerbread now on d phone!
-access to work under d hood etc
grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2011
na2day!:

XDA is your friend!
Take time to search thru relevance info about rooting your particular brand of phone on XDA, read about problems with rooting that particular phone if there is any, then make your decision!
Consider the benefits:
-Gingerbread now on d phone!
-access to work under d hood etc
grin

Just Finished Rooting using z4root. grin Now to create a backup of the phone. Any link to Titanium backup Pro? grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2011
Double N:

Just Finished Rooting using z4root. grin Now to create a backup of the phone. Any link to Titanium backup Pro? grin

titanium. backup pro is a paid app!
u can always download d free!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 4:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
Congrats! u've just been disvirgined!
grin
While rooted, instal Rom manager and make sure u backup d present Rom before installing custom rom, if u don't like d custom u can always restore d present rom.
Welcome once again to d world of phone Modding!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:50pm On Feb 09, 2011
na2day!:

Congrats! u've just been disvirgined!
grin
While rooted, instal Rom manager and make sure u backup d present Rom before installing custom rom, if u don't like d custom u can always restore d present rom.
Welcome once again to d world of phone Modding!
Thanks boss. I have also SetCPU to underclock the processor on different profiles. This 1.2GHZ Processor for this Driod dey chop battery wella. undecided. Can i use the titanium backup to do the ROM backup?
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 10:28pm On Feb 09, 2011
Titanium backup is for ur apps, u'll need rom manager to backup ur rom, another way is to do nandroid backup from recovery mode!
@setcpu, make sure its on-demand!
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 4:22pm On Feb 10, 2011
na2day!:

Titanium backup is for your apps, u'll need rom manager to backup your rom, another way is to do nandroid backup from recovery mode!
@setcpu, make sure its on-demand!
Phew! Finally i have done a backup of apps and data using Titanium Backup, Installed Koush Bootstrap for Droid 2 and have successfully done a backup of the ROM. grin grin grin grin
Na Fission Rom remain now.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2011
grin grin grin
Nice to hear!
Continue to intimate us of ur progress,
U're almost there!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (112)

The Galaxy A Series! / How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Turn WhatsApp Off Without Turning-Off Your Data

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.