Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90244 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 16, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there
Must they always take you everywhere? Hoe low show
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by magicfingers009: 9:35am On Nov 16, 2019
This post can be likened to snapping Dolphin Estate and claim it's the whole of Lagos Island. All you showed in the post are NLNG RA and IA.

You for post Finima, Akiama, Well 1. Let's see how organized it looks. Let's see the Batchers, the bad roads, the bikes.

The only great thing about Bonny Island is the constant electricity. No where in Nigeria compares to it, maybe with the exception of Aso Rock. Then they have this DStv connection where almost every house pays about 1grand monthly to have access.

But OP don't deceive people with these pictures.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by megautche: 9:36am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice but he only showed pics of nlng and maybe spdc facilities, he didn't show the locals and where they live, what of showing us Bonny jetty
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by vivalavida(m): 9:43am On Nov 16, 2019
frozen70g:

E bi like say woman done deal with you several times

Naaa
This their entitlement mentality gets me annoyed jare.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by TourismMan(m): 9:55am On Nov 16, 2019
Sammy07:
We don't make use of our tourism in Nigeria..

It's quite unfortunate bro. I've deliberated a thousand ways I can effectively engage government of the country to develop tourism in the country. What is our own in this country?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by frozen70g(f): 10:19am On Nov 16, 2019
vivalavida:

Naaa
This their entitlement mentality gets me annoyed jare.

Lol, that's why they said that women are made for men and children are made for women

Once you understand women with their game of getting things to their advantage, you will be happy because you won't allow it to bulge you

That's our nature anyway and every woman has an atom of it no matter the pretense
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Reference(m): 10:22am On Nov 16, 2019
When you go to Texas what they want you to see as a tourist is the Alamo, the fort of the last stand against the Mexican invaders, not the offices, homes and workshops of the oil and gas industry which incidentally is significantly better organised and monumentally larger in scale.

What we want to see in Bayelsa and Bonny perhaps is our own Alamo, the last stand of King Jaja against the British invaders. I agree that history is oft written by the victorious conquerors but surely there must be something left worth preserving to keep the flame of heritage lit.

Africa in its laze keeps on whining about its colonial forgetting that there has been no territory on earth that has escaped conquest and retribution. Britain once belonged to Rome, Italy and Iceland/Norway of today. American once belonged to the British, French and Spanish, China once belonged to Japan and the Japanese were once irridiated with nuclear weapons.

Still these nations have evolved, progressed, picked up the pieces of their heritage and presented the world with solid, real traditional experiences and have made a fortune in tourism with it

The average Nigerian doesn't have a clue of his origins, thoughtless of creating a heritage of it, thoughtless of creating tourism from it, thoughtless of profitting from it despite his overwhelming expertise in bigotry, nepotism and a false sense of cultural supremacy.

We are only experts at the negative.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by joepepsy(m): 11:16am On Nov 16, 2019
A place me and you can't visit without invitation,white and the rich oppressing us,nothing to celebrate.
AutoReportNG:
Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

AutoReportNG got some amazing and breathtaking pictures of these place and we felt we should share some to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RfjfDnFac4A/Xc6u3bV4LOI/AAAAAAAAitg/CH2khSNW4xQ8mD3ChkW6seODtB-g91NEQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SdX_S5yDEQA/Xc6u5Sqbr5I/AAAAAAAAits/5hB6WyjQ9q871ZOL-x2YWkfGaQgKiop-ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6PAfcmWYDT8/Xc6u5xtst0I/AAAAAAAAit0/Hr1UD8lCY1YMJ5ZnecB7bRDCvmmf8dLIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTtI0xDRJvU/Xc6u81A9HqI/AAAAAAAAiuA/nEUVacSw32InkoUJ6aXtEDTtNquBypXnQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7qmPMmH2GCQ/Xc6u9EgJrRI/AAAAAAAAiuE/K2LeqfliEgMdH-GJjj9ByhV8ZjaAQxp7gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mZCe_BBCWFc/Xc6u-7674NI/AAAAAAAAiuM/gRywLcWQWL0SnMVsOn68kwSp5cUYDPjGgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-a1x4V4rwIp8/Xc6vD6vFBuI/AAAAAAAAiu8/C0f61eTdUNwOc7NE-MGGqOhKYXXdtNGXACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_025_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m5lZ8JbwFHU/Xc6vHAI0ZrI/AAAAAAAAivQ/CtxFGgT_O6gLTqplSaRGqtiYLm2uLnM0QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_030_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RO2uPJqWl9c/Xc6vIjL6neI/AAAAAAAAivc/-8EjbWUmJ7YfdA1wPqvPS_t0beep0spXQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_033_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Terz4christ: 11:37am On Nov 16, 2019
This is the NLNG Staff Residential Area , bonny town is not that fine, though there's also 24/7 power supply for them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by caracas: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2019
YorubaPrince:
IPOB okoro go soon mess am up... just wait! grin
For your info most of the residents there are igbos
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by hammerD: 12:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
caracas:

FROM BONNY DOWN TO OPOBO ARE IGBO SPEAKING ISLAND.

BOTH HISTORICALLY AND PRESENT.

THE KALABARI CAME AND JOINED THEM THOUGH. cc pazienza
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by hammerD: 12:17pm On Nov 16, 2019
WEN WE TALK ABOUT ISLAND, ALOT OF PEOPLE DONT KNOW WE HAVE IGBO ISLANDERS AND THE TRIBE FROM NIGERIA IN THE MOST FURTHEREST ISLAND IS IGBO.

THAT ISLAND IS ISLAND OF BIOKO EQUATORIA GUINEA. cc pazienza
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 16, 2019
okorotalkative:
Beautiful masterpiece, hater will soon come and start dia yeye comparison.

If not for security issues, i just wanna wake one day and start a road trip from west to south. especially these niger delta region. I need good sea food in my body.

One day sha!

Food is cheap in Niger Delta.

If you eat N500 food, you may spend 15 minutes eating only meat and fish.

Once ate N200 rice with very big fish head. Nawa.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Dedetwo(m): 12:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
tillaman:
i actually thought Rivers people are very harsh and bitter until I experience their kindness and the beauty of the city first hand! I will be coming there again for a sorta symposium

Anybody who write in this form of the bolded in the above post is not sincere.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Dedetwo(m): 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
Thecvbankng:

It has good and functional amenities that isn't so common in most parts of th country. Roads, hospitals, portable water, dirt-free, electricity. Some big name urban centers in Nigeria can't say the same

Ubani (Bonny) is a glorified village or city managed by the European contractors who work at petrochemical outfits in the city. If the Ubani (Bonny) is handed over to dumbass Nigerians to organize or manage, it would definitely look African or Nigerian, disorganize and dirty.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 16, 2019
syntax50:

Another one of those bonny dwellers that have never been to bonny before; MBOK WHO NO LONGER ENJOYS THE STEADY POWER?

Please do you live in Bonny or Finima not RA? Also when was d last time you were in Bonny?
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 12:35pm On Nov 16, 2019
syntax50:
Very rubbish post; you just took pictures of NLNG RA and ur deceiving yaselves.
Majority of the commenters have neva crossed water by boat in their entire lives so no need to address them.

NLNG and environs is a highly secured multinational gas production facility so such scenery is very much expected...

OP i challenge you to show pictures of bonny island from jetty through court/cable road to ikuba square to sandfield/ama hausa to ayanmo to roundabout to hospital road to macauley; king jaja; akiama; park community; bakk of govt skool; abalamabie; well 1-12, long john, workers camp; ghana woman, sdp road, new road; damascus road, finima; agaja market

Omo OP you have never been to bonny, na company premises wey you go come dey make noise like biatch

You can make an intelligent post without looking stupid. You can talk like a real and gentle man without insulting the OP or others, if you have a different view which is always welcome and appreciated, say it without saying it in an insultive manner.

People have been giving their various views without getting personal or abusing each other and I believe you can do the same. Why hide under a faceless forum to spew nonsense cos I know if we meet face to face you can't say this to me.

Please, even if you are angry, learn to watch what you type or say online, if you have a different view, state it with facts not with insults, we are all here to learn, so far, I have read from others and note some observations. I hope you tune down your post next time please, for peace sake.

Regards
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 12:40pm On Nov 16, 2019
scantee:
Op those pictures are old pics and I can authoritatively tell u that u got them through goggle images...

Especially that Pic that has the little girl on bicycle has been existing since over 8yrs now.

I spent over 8yrs in Bonny Island, so I knw the town in & out.. Infact I have worked with major O&G in that island

If you have some new images, kindly help to get them across to us so that we can update our archives

Thanks
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by scantee(m): 12:46pm On Nov 16, 2019
AutoReportNG:

If you have some new images, kindly help to get them across to us so that we can update our archives

Thanks

No I have left Bonny Island, but I use to live in RA1 then for many years, so that is why I noticed the Pic isn't currently.

Anyway kudos for your efforts in making researchers about places

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 12:48pm On Nov 16, 2019
agitator:

Chief, why are you aguing with that man? He is an elder paid to spread false information.

Those places you see, being touted as tourist attraction is NLNG owned residential area for their workers. You can't gain access except by invitation. It has a very strong access control system using RFID which must be swiped at entrances to gain access to certain area as programmed by the company. The real Bonny community is like the typical Ajegunle town in Lagos. The only difference is that they have 24-hours electricity at cheap tariff, pipe borne water from 5am-6am morning and 5pm-6pm evening daily. The water times are like clock work, it comes in the morning exactly 5am and stops 1-hour later. wink wink wink

A thread on Bonny Island is coming up soon... So we have a balance reportage...

Hope that sounds cool??
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2019
scantee:

No I have left Bonny Island, but I use to live in RA1 then for many years, so that is why I noticed the Pic isn't currently.

Anyway kudos for your efforts in making researchers about places

Alright Sir... Thanks and we will try to look for the updated ones later.

Have a lovely weekend
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 12:51pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dedetwo:

Anybody who write in this form of the bolded in the above post is not sincere.
and your point is ?? Am blank
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by micxwell(m): 1:13pm On Nov 16, 2019
cicero:
OP those photos are of NLNG which is restricted. Post photos of Bonny town instead.
Thank you. Make them enter the earth of Finima and Bonny town itself,
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by micxwell(m): 1:14pm On Nov 16, 2019
Anambralstson:

You need to visit there to understand no part of this country can be compare to NLNG RA or IA
Just a few people have access to those areas.... I used to stay at Yola Close...
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Dedetwo(m): 1:24pm On Nov 16, 2019
tillaman:
and your point is ?? Am blank

Insincerity dude!!! The hallmark of so-called Nigerians.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Dedetwo(m): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2019
micxwell:

Thank you. Make them enter the earth of Finima and Bonny town itself,

You could not be more correct. The picture in the post had entire village double fenced. It means the place is gated.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by nasoeb: 1:30pm On Nov 16, 2019
okorotalkative:
Beautiful masterpiece, hater will soon come and start dia yeye comparison.

If not for security issues, i just wanna wake one day and start a road trip from west to south. especially these niger delta region. I need good sea food in my body.

One day sha!
See how beautiful my town is.
Bonny my pride.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by TheBillionTeam: 1:31pm On Nov 16, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there

Am currently working in Bonny Island.
Hopefully will spend Christmas here.
Bonny Island is more peaceful than all other local government in Rivers State.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by nasoeb: 1:32pm On Nov 16, 2019
caracas:

God Purnish you.
Shey you don come to claim bonny sey na igbo land too.
You no go see well for this life if you do.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by nasoeb: 1:33pm On Nov 16, 2019
TheBillionTeam:

Am currently working in Bonny Island.
Hopefully will spend Christmas here.
Bonny Island is more peaceful than all other local government in Rivers State.
Thank you bros.
That's the humble truth.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 2:01pm On Nov 16, 2019
Dedetwo:

Insincerity dude!!! The hallmark of so-called Nigerians.
hey you don’t even know me sir, In all fairness I was being sincere
I was only trying to say how I felt about the people then but all that changed when I visited the state, am buckled up in my own lane sir I am nothing like the usual
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Kinematics: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2019
The best island in the whole of Nigeria.

Fact!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.