Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90240 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Is the West safer than the Southern part of the country?

Aforementioned is a direct quote from your comment

Why compare the safety of Western Nigerian to Southern Nigeria in that manner?

We have West, East, North and South.
No part of Nigeria is currently safe. My intent wasn't to draw a comparison, it was for questioning purpose. I know some of you from the West foolishly believe Rivers State is some hot zone.

Assuming there was even a basis for comparison, could you state with facts that the West is Safer than the South other than your usual social media propaganda?

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by StaffofOrayan(m): 8:03pm On Nov 15, 2019
Beautiful !
This is how we should be living !
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
He should've been specific. "If not for security" is ambiguous and insensitive. We demarket places by our comments.

Well, I see your point but I see his too you might have missed. Interstate travel in Nigeria, in any region, is not safe. Certainly an area everyone must focus on from FG to State Government.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oshigun:

Well, I see your point but I see his too you might have missed. Interstate travel in Nigeria, in any region, is not safe. Certainly an area everyone must focus on from FG to State Government.
Yeah, there might have been a misinterpretation. grin
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Taba21: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
This is so beautiful, never knew Bonny island is this fab, it’s a glorious sight to behold,
I use to think most places in Rivers state are inhabited by violent people until I visited PH and that changed my mindset about the great Rivers state, Anytime I see a news on the state it’s always either Cultists clash, jungle justice(ALUUminatis) or armed robbery
Only for me to visit their and find out those mostly happen in their villages!

Kudos OP

Hmmmm not there villages at time
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
Taba21:

Hmmmm not there villages at time
that was why I said Mostly
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by 0monnak0da: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
He should've been specific. "If not for security" is ambiguous and insensitive. We demarket places by our comments.

There is something psychologists call "Preparedness"

In this case indigenous irritability or readiness for conflict or hyper-vigilance for insults and attacks
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Iamgrey5(m): 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
No part of Nigeria is currently safe. My intent wasn't to draw a comparison, it was for questioning purpose. I know some of you from the West foolishly believe Rivers State is some hot zone.

Assuming there was even a basis for comparison, could you state with facts that the West is Safer than the South other than your usual social media propaganda?
Those two part of your post contradict each other maam.

You said you are not comparing but you are actually comparing

Furthermore, who in the west propagates that the west is much safer than Rivers state on social media?

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Okoroawusa: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wow!... breathtaking!!!
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

This is true and I think that was what that poster meant and not that the West is safer. After all, it was in the SW ,Ore expressway, that Pa Rueben Fasoranti daughter was killed by gunmen who entered the road to start firing sporadically.

Anyone playing ethnic card with security does not mean well for Nigeria because it is an issue troubling every Nigerian everywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Taba21: 8:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
that was why I said Mostly

You be correct man because I grown up in Ama,port Harcourt
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Those two part of your post contradict each other maam.

You said you are not comparing but you are actually comparing

Furthermore, who in the west propagates that the west is much safer than Rivers state on social media?
Oga, don't just rush to counter a statement. grin What you're doing is selective perception. The part you claimed I was contradicting myself is a continuation of a statement. You deliberately omitted assuming to drive home a fallacy. Abeg, I no get time for this your back and forth talk.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2019
Taba21:

You be correct man because I grown up in Ama,port Harcourt
i actually thought Rivers people are very harsh and bitter until I experience their kindness and the beauty of the city first hand! I will be coming there again for a sorta symposium

4 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:16pm On Nov 15, 2019
YorubaPrince:
IPOB okoro go soon mess am up... just wait! grin
Igbo amaka
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oshigun:

This is true and I think that was what that poster meant and not that the West is safer. After all, it was in the SW ,Ore expressway, that Pa Rueben Fasoranti daughter was killed by gunmen who entered the road to start firing sporadically.

Anyone playing ethnic card with security does not mean well for Nigeria because it is an issue troubling every Nigerian everywhere.
Thank you! I don't know how they sleep knowing they can't even leave their doors/windows open at night but come on Nairaland to brand other States unsafe. grin
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Taba21: 8:19pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
i actually thought Rivers people are very harsh and bitter until I experience their kindness and the beauty of the city first hand! I will be coming there again for a sorta symposium

Which area did you visited the last time to port Harcourt
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Iamgrey5(m): 8:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Oga, don't just rush to counter a statement. grin What you're doing is selective perception. The part you claimed I was contradicting myself is a continuation of a statement. You deliberately omitted assuming to drive home a fallacy. Abeg, I no get time for this your back and forth talk.
Maam you are sounding off

You clearly stated that you never intended to compare even though you actually did compare the South to the West in your previous post.

Nothwithstading, you still asked me to compare the West to the south in the same post.

How do you manage to do that in one single post?

Regardless, My question to you remains un answered, Why did you compare the west to south in your post when there are three other regions in Nigeria that you could draw your comparisons with?

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
Thinking Rivers people are harsh and bitter was a product of misinformation and hasty generalization. I don't know how you all brand a people "Bitter, violent and harsh". Human behaviors can't be held constant anywhere on planet earth.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Maam you are sounding off

You clearly stated that you never intended to compare even though you actually did compare the South to the West in your previous post.

Nothwithstading, you still asked me to compare the West to the south in the same post.

How do you manage to do that in one single post?

Regardless, My question to you remains un answered, Why did you compare the west to south in your post when there are three other regions in Nigeria that you could draw your comparisons with?
GrabHisBalls:

English is not that difficult, don't make it seem so. cheesy

Read that slowly. It was a question I put up to you using an assumption. I never drew a comparison/contradicted myself.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Tilda143(f): 8:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
This is so beautiful �
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Thecvbankng: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
Don't wanna sound like a pessimist, but what's so special about this place? isn't it just like a regular 3rd world country area, nothing extraordinary.

Unless u wanna talk about its 24/7 electricity, which is understandable because most people don't enjoy it... if it was d norm, u wouldn't even insert it in this scenario.

It has good and functional amenities that isn't so common in most parts of th country. Roads, hospitals, portable water, dirt-free, electricity. Some big name urban centers in Nigeria can't say the same

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Thinking Rivers people are harsh and bitter was a product of misinformation and hasty generalization. I don't know how you all brand a people "Bitter, violent and harsh". Human behaviors can't be held constant anywhere on planet earth.
@Grabmyballs I wasn’t misinformed I actually saw some news then when residents were calling the state rivers of blood and how some lads said some demeaning things about the state

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AkwalaIke1: 8:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
helinues:
It is Bonny Ireland according to one NLders
[/s]
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thecvbankng:

It has good and functional amenities that isn't so common in most parts of th country. Roads, hospitals, portable water, dirt-free, electricity. Some big name urban centers in Nigeria can't say the same
thats d reason for the hype.... nothing spectacular there.

Where i live here in lagos looks better than that place, and its not even on d island.

Banana island in ikoyi still make sense than this sh1t, it also has uninterrupted power supply but my rift with d op is that he called it "the most organised island with amazing scenery in Nigeria" which is very far from truth.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
@Grabmyballs I wasn’t misinformed I actually saw some news then when residents were calling the state rivers of blood and how some lads said some demeaning things about the state
A few persons misbehave and you brand a state "Rivers Of Blood". Is there any part of Nigeria that blood has never flown due to violence?

BTW, social media is also a tool to misinform people. So, you were misinformed.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Thank you! I don't know how they sleep knowing they can't even leave their doors/windows open at night but come on Nairaland to brand other States unsafe. grin

Personally, security is in the dark ages in Nigeria and it is everyone's fault. From Federal Government to State Government. Since 1999 security and crime prevention/detection has not gotten significantly smarter or more modern in Nigeria. This is why bandits can rob and kill in Ogun or Imo when they may not even be Nigerian. It might sound draconian but I think it is time Nigerian adult, for the crazy security challenge we are facing, begin carrying biometric ID that Police cars, bikes and vehicles equipped with relevant scanners can authenticate on the spot and especially around trouble spots.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Iamgrey5(m): 8:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
English is not that difficult, don't make it seem so. cheesy

Read that slowly. It was a question I put up to you using an assumption. I never drew a comparison/contradicted myself.

See definition of comparison below

A consideration or estimate of the similarities or dissimilarities between two things or people. Emphasis on Consideration

Your post

is West safer than the south?

Look at that and tell me in all honesty if I am the one with the problem as regards to English Language maam ?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
Iamgrey5:

See definition of comparison below

A consideration or estimate of the similarities or dissimilarities between two things or people. Emphasis on Consideration

Your post

is West safer than the south?

Look at that and tell me in all honesty if I am the one with the problem as regards to English Language maam ?
Clearly, you just want to argue. I know your types. cheesy
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:

Where i live here in lagos looks better than that place, and its not even on d island.

Banana island in ikoyi still make sense than this sh1t, it also has uninterrupted power supply but my rift with d op is that he called it "the most organised island with amazing scenery in Nigeria" which is very far from truth.

I hate replying readers and commenters but I noticed you seem to have issues with the post which is normal, there are many of your type here but I have a simple question and I will apperciate if you can truthfully answer me....

Have you been to this Bonny Island? If yes, please start your experience and if no, please stop attacking and condemning everything you see about Nigeria. Yes, we have issues no doubt but, what gain or benefit you see in demarketing your country with hateful words or words that are annoying

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 8:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
Taba21:

Which area did you visited the last time to port Harcourt
Orogbum, One malvern hotel like that sha, it was a good experience

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:

Where do you live in Lagos? I am a Lagosian too and some parts of it are beautiful despite the negatives written about Lagos. Still, nothing wrong in appreciating other beautiful spots we have all over Nigeria.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.