Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,055 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90241 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2019
[s]
tillaman:
This is so beautiful, never knew Bonny island is this fab, it’s a glorious sight to behold,
I use to think most places in Rivers state are inhabited by violent people until I visited PH and that changed my mindset about the great Rivers state, Anytime I see a news on the state it’s always either Cultists clash, jungle justice(ALUUminatis) or armed robbery
Only for me to visit their and find out those mostly happen in their villages!

Kudos OP
[/s]
Suck it up!
I'm not buying your lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Nice! But help a girl get connect there so I'll be supplying yams and other things to them, I know those things must be very expensive there but I'll make them.cheap for them abeg, help a girl bikonu. Yams, local rice, palm oil etc, na beg I dey beg I no do shakara.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by bluebay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2019
Next location for Yahoo boys
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by LadyGCrueDKilaB(f): 10:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
sis
MedicH:
bro
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
After reading all the comments for the first time I agree with buhari lazy youth everywhere .na NLG pic that dude dey display yes they have light given to them by nlg I work in nlg for 5years ,I live in ph I, still visited Bonny 2wks ago all this hyping .u can begin by Google hotels in Bonny & tell us what u see.shior

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by MedicH: 10:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
Riele:

An invitation to what?
and for what .

tourism
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Appswheel(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
Don't wanna sound like a pessimist, but what's so special about this place? isn't it just like a regular 3rd world country area, nothing extraordinary.

Unless u wanna talk about its 24/7 electricity, which is understandable because most people don't enjoy it... if it was d norm, u wouldn't even insert it in this scenario.
It looks like a place where there is order... that alone my friend, is extraordinary in the Nigerian context. I hope you understand and appreciate the message better...?
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by JeffreyJames(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
If not for Greed and Wickedness of the Elites in ND, the whole of ND supposed be like Bonny island
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by marvin906(m): 10:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
OP you try ooo..
you snap rich man section of Bonny come dey hype the place..

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by marvin906(m): 10:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
JeffreyJames:
If not for Greed and Wickedness of the Elites in ND, the whole of ND supposed be like Bonny island

Bros nor verse buh Port mainland better pass most of Bonny island
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by naijadrivablog: 10:18pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sammy07:
We don't make use of our tourism in Nigeria..

If you see the stadium at LNG bonny eh, you go bow.

This couple wedded there too

https://www.nairaland.com/5526561/newlywed-spotted-riding-home-after

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by naijadrivablog: 10:20pm On Nov 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Celebrating Africa's tourist sites

See more of the amazing and breath taking pictures here

https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

grin You are really following. Links to posts cool
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Riele(f): 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
MedicH:

tourism
cool
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by YorubaPrince: 10:21pm On Nov 15, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there

Lazy Olos... angry Everything na man, man, man, man. Haba… common sense for God's sake. angry

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
tillaman:
Orogbum, One malvern hotel like that sha, it was a good experience
. I'm very sure this guy can't make heaven,orogbum?nigga , the only place u could remember on ur visit,I give up on u abeg

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Charmingrascal(m): 10:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

AutoReportNG got some amazing and breathtaking pictures of these place and we felt we should share some to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RfjfDnFac4A/Xc6u3bV4LOI/AAAAAAAAitg/CH2khSNW4xQ8mD3ChkW6seODtB-g91NEQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SdX_S5yDEQA/Xc6u5Sqbr5I/AAAAAAAAits/5hB6WyjQ9q871ZOL-x2YWkfGaQgKiop-ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6PAfcmWYDT8/Xc6u5xtst0I/AAAAAAAAit0/Hr1UD8lCY1YMJ5ZnecB7bRDCvmmf8dLIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTtI0xDRJvU/Xc6u81A9HqI/AAAAAAAAiuA/nEUVacSw32InkoUJ6aXtEDTtNquBypXnQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7qmPMmH2GCQ/Xc6u9EgJrRI/AAAAAAAAiuE/K2LeqfliEgMdH-GJjj9ByhV8ZjaAQxp7gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mZCe_BBCWFc/Xc6u-7674NI/AAAAAAAAiuM/gRywLcWQWL0SnMVsOn68kwSp5cUYDPjGgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-a1x4V4rwIp8/Xc6vD6vFBuI/AAAAAAAAiu8/C0f61eTdUNwOc7NE-MGGqOhKYXXdtNGXACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_025_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m5lZ8JbwFHU/Xc6vHAI0ZrI/AAAAAAAAivQ/CtxFGgT_O6gLTqplSaRGqtiYLm2uLnM0QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_030_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RO2uPJqWl9c/Xc6vIjL6neI/AAAAAAAAivc/-8EjbWUmJ7YfdA1wPqvPS_t0beep0spXQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_033_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

This is beautiful man
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by westernboy(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
[quote author=AutoReportNG post=84057551]Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

Hmm...
All these Pictures you just displaced most of which are Ariel Views are 100% RESTRICTED NLNG PROPERTIES WITH ENOUGH SECURITIES HEAVILY GUIDED BOTH ARMED/ UNARMED.
ITS THE RESIDENTIAL AREAS ( RA1) FOR THEIR STAFFERS
OR
INDUSTRIAL AREAS (IA) TO THE PLANT
AND
AIRSTRIP .
No pictures of the Bonny main towns so don't be deceived or Brain wash people here
that's where I hail from !

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by pacespot(m): 10:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
Beautiful scenery, I'm quite sure white men and oil tycoons will domicile in the area.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by olajizz01(m): 10:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
vivalavida:

Typical woman. Take me there

Get off Ur ass and go there yourself.
Hahahaha..................

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by DeOTR: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
I see our golf course.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tot(f): 10:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
This should be the norm in a normal society. Nigerians are so used to chaos and disorganization yet when they go overseas, they comply.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
Why going to Dubai or anywhere else when we have such a beautiful city like this right here ? Our diversity is truly our strength and we should begin to explore it for our betterment.

God bless our country Nigeria.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Timozo1(m): 10:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
OP kudos, is a nice place. I spent my last Xmas and New year NLNG quarters in Bonny island and I really enjoyed every of my stay there. Hopefully, might spend this coming Xmas there.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
Well, the pictures here are pictures of NLNG RESIDENTIAL AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS and the access roads. Bonny and the nearby Finima aren't near what's in the pictures.
In fact, they no longer enjoy the steady power that was peculiar to the place. Thats the Nigeria disease though. Things just deteriorate for no apparent reason.

Nonetheless, Bonny is a cool place with cool residents and power supply above the national average but nothing exceptional.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 11:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
OROSUNBOLB:
Why going to Dubai or anywhere else when we have such a beautiful city like this right here ? Our diversity is truly our strength and we should begin to explore it for our betterment.

God bless our country Nigeria.

Cos you can't really access the place if you've got no one who lives in the nlng residential area. The rest of Bonny isn't like this.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by syntax50: 11:04pm On Nov 15, 2019
Very rubbish post; you just took pictures of NLNG RA and ur deceiving yaselves.
Majority of the commenters have neva crossed water by boat in their entire lives so no need to address them.

NLNG and environs is a highly secured multinational gas production facility so such scenery is very much expected...

OP i challenge you to show pictures of bonny island from jetty through court/cable road to ikuba square to sandfield/ama hausa to ayanmo to roundabout to hospital road to macauley; king jaja; akiama; park community; bakk of govt skool; abalamabie; well 1-12, long john, workers camp; ghana woman, sdp road, new road; damascus road, finima; agaja market

Omo OP you have never been to bonny, na company premises wey you go come dey make noise like biatch

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by syntax50: 11:06pm On Nov 15, 2019
Jarrow:
Well, the pictures here are pictures of NLNG RESIDENTIAL AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS and the access roads. Bonny and the nearby Finima aren't near what's in the pictures.
In fact, they no longer enjoy the steady power that was peculiar to the place. Thats the Nigeria disease though. Things just deteriorate for no apparent reason.

Nonetheless, Bonny is a cool place with cool residents and power supply above the national average but nothing exceptional.

Another one of those bonny dwellers that have never been to bonny before; MBOK WHO NO LONGER ENJOYS THE STEADY POWER?
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by noisy45(m): 11:12pm On Nov 15, 2019
It was formerly called Bight of Biafra not Bonny
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by edoairways: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2019
Sammy07:
We don't make use of our tourism in Nigeria..
We prefer Dubai

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Moventist: 11:17pm On Nov 15, 2019
I almost fell in the ocean while trying to climb a British vessel that was attacked by sea pirates from LNG boat but Bonny is beautiful
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by asorockvibesblo: 11:22pm On Nov 15, 2019
I need to own a property here before everything becomes expensive
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by romenna: 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
They whole of Niger delta is supposed to be like this but you Nigerians will not allow us to enjoy our God given natural resources.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.