Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90248 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Iamgrey5(m): 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Clearly, you just want to argue. I know your types. cheesy
Clearly I have made my point, even if you refused to answer my questions for obvious reasons..

Have a good day.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:39pm On Nov 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:

I hate replying readers and commenters but I noticed you seem to have issues with the post which is normal, there are many of your type here but I have a simple question and I will apperciate if you can truthfully answer me....

Have you been to this Bonny Island? If yes, please start your experience and if no, please stop attacking and condemning everything you see about Nigeria. Yes, we have issues no doubt but, what gain or benefit you see in demarketing your country with hateful words or words that are annoying
no, i've never been there but judging by ur pics and what i've read about it, u're overhyping it.... nothing specular, we need to stop celebrating mediocrity in this country.

8 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
A few persons misbehave and you brand a state "Rivers Of Blood". Is there any part of Nigeria that blood has never flown due to violence?

BTW, social media is also a tool to misinform people. So, you were misinformed.
i didn’t brand it rivers of blood, the residents did
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
thats d reason for the hype.... nothing spectacular there.

Where i live here in lagos looks better than that place, and its not even on d island.

Banana island in ikoyi still make sense than this sh1t, it also has uninterrupted power supply but my rift with d op is that he called it "the most organised island with amazing scenery in Nigeria" which is very far from truth.

You live in a shiithole and a hell hole.

Imagine such mind...Which Lagos.

The over hyped village.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by AutoReportNG: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
no, i've never been there but judging by ur pics and what i've read about it, u're overhyping it.... nothing specular, we need to stop celebrating mediocrity in this country.

You have never been there and you condemn the place... Hmmmm

Ever heard the adage, never judge a book by the cover? Please try visiting before you condemn and attack, not for today but for future, even if you have issues with the place, take a time to read and research about the place before you go on condemning the place. What gives you the impression that the place is overhyped? If not for data, I can give more 50 pictures which is one the website, check the source if you need to see more.

Lastly, we all are Nigerians, what good or benefit do you derive in demarketing your country? No country is perfect and without flaws and I think if we see something beautiful about Nigeria, its not a crime to celerate such.

My 2cents and by the way, no one sponorsored us as you claim.... We are too big to be sponsored and bought... We are doing our work for humanity and for God.

Good night

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:45pm On Nov 15, 2019
Oshigun:

Where do you live in Lagos? I am a Lagosian too and some parts of it are beautiful despite the negatives written about Lagos. Still, nothing wrong in appreciating other beautiful spots we have all over Nigeria.
I'm not saying we shouldn't appreciate good thing but overhyping it is something else, this type of estate can be found everywhere, even in war-torn countries.

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:46pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:

You the one over hyping your Ikoyi developed with other people's money.

You live in a village and be throwing stones at cities.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:47pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You live in a shiithole and a hell hole.

Imagine such mind...Which Lagos.

The over hyped village.
lol, the country as a whole is called a shiithole, so, ur point exactly?

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:48pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:

You the one over hyping your Ikoyi developed with other people's money.

You live in a village and be throwing stones at cities.
and is bonny island developed by ur money? Abi which kain mumu be this?

8 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:52pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
and is bonny island developed by ur money? Abi which kain mumu be this?

Which resources do you have to even boost such development.

The Bonny alone has all it takes to beautify herself, such can't be said of your Ikoyi because you depend also on them.

Infact 100% dependence.

And you even have the effrontery to run your mouth.

Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
lol, the country as a whole is called a shiithole, so, ur point exactly?

Then you keep quiet instead of showing your mind.

Looks like been bitter.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by YorubaPrince: 8:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
immhotep:

Igbo amaka

Immhotep my Nigga... Sup? cool
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:54pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Which resources do you have to even boost such development.

The Bonny alone has all it takes to beautify herself, such can't be said of your Ikoyi because you depend also on them.

Infact 100% dependence.

And you even have the effrontery to run your mouth.

Rubbish.
incoherent post.

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by theenchanter: 8:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Then you keep quiet instead of showing your mind.

Looks like been bitter.
bitter, how? For saying it the way it is or d way i see it?

Ja danu jor.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
incoherent post.

Is now incoherent because just a little facts that U dropped before you automatically turned your ranting to incoherent.

Talk next time with caution.......
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
bitter, how? For saying it the way it is or d way i see it?

Ja danu jor.

The state speaks of anything called bitterness that you even have to throw in unnecessary Village comparison as if your resource put the village in such order.

Work on been bitter on issues because it totally different from trying to point out facts or note out an observation.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by kay4kay: 9:25pm On Nov 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

AutoReportNG got some amazing and breathtaking pictures of these place and we felt we should share some to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RfjfDnFac4A/Xc6u3bV4LOI/AAAAAAAAitg/CH2khSNW4xQ8mD3ChkW6seODtB-g91NEQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SdX_S5yDEQA/Xc6u5Sqbr5I/AAAAAAAAits/5hB6WyjQ9q871ZOL-x2YWkfGaQgKiop-ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6PAfcmWYDT8/Xc6u5xtst0I/AAAAAAAAit0/Hr1UD8lCY1YMJ5ZnecB7bRDCvmmf8dLIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTtI0xDRJvU/Xc6u81A9HqI/AAAAAAAAiuA/nEUVacSw32InkoUJ6aXtEDTtNquBypXnQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7qmPMmH2GCQ/Xc6u9EgJrRI/AAAAAAAAiuE/K2LeqfliEgMdH-GJjj9ByhV8ZjaAQxp7gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mZCe_BBCWFc/Xc6u-7674NI/AAAAAAAAiuM/gRywLcWQWL0SnMVsOn68kwSp5cUYDPjGgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-a1x4V4rwIp8/Xc6vD6vFBuI/AAAAAAAAiu8/C0f61eTdUNwOc7NE-MGGqOhKYXXdtNGXACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_025_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m5lZ8JbwFHU/Xc6vHAI0ZrI/AAAAAAAAivQ/CtxFGgT_O6gLTqplSaRGqtiYLm2uLnM0QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_030_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RO2uPJqWl9c/Xc6vIjL6neI/AAAAAAAAivc/-8EjbWUmJ7YfdA1wPqvPS_t0beep0spXQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_033_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

This is finima where the whites and ogas lives. Thatched houses plenty for bonny island

7 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Thecvbankng: 9:35pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
thats d reason for the hype.... nothing spectacular there.

Where i live here in lagos looks better than that place, and its not even on d island.

Banana island in ikoyi still make sense than this sh1t, it also has uninterrupted power supply but my rift with d op is that he called it "the most organised island with amazing scenery in Nigeria" which is very far from truth.

Where you live doesn't count because the land areas in comparison you're making should be island not mainland. But still, I'm interested to know which part of Lagos on the mainland boasts of such good roads, and 24/7 electricity.

The OP referring to the amazing scenery isn't talking of just houses, of which we all know banana island have. Lush vegetation, parks and other natural attractions are part of what makes Bonny island stand different and makes it special. Banana island is manificient, no doubt but it's mostly reserved for the elite and top class citizens. Bonny island offers an environment for all classes, having access to what is restricted to a little few here in Lagos. I'm not from Bonny island but the aerial view and the rest of the photos here can't go unappreciated for a rural area it is.

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by shogsman(m): 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there

The world doesn't owe you a living.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Omoslim26: 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
YorubaPrince:
IPOB okoro go soon mess am up... just wait! grin

don't bring in your mumu Yoruba vs igbo matter on this thread pls I beg you ��

3 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Ekaka1(m): 9:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Haaaaaaaaaa

case closed.

Op post Bonny towns let's see.

Unless we can now fully agree this post is sponsored while the masses be suffers.

cc

AutoReportNG
The guy no know nairaland...all I saw was NLNg and that is even in finima......my belle ooooo grin

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Jaqenhghar: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
okorotalkative:
Beautiful masterpiece, hater will soon come and start dia yeye comparison.

If not for security issues, i just wanna wake one day and start a road trip from west to south. especially these niger delta region. I need good sea food in my body.

One day sha!
That day may never come

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by babyfaceafrica: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
Anambralstson:

You need to visit there to understand no part of this country can be compare to NLNG RA or IA
apart from the 24/7light..how is this place better than Parkview ikoyi,banana island
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 15, 2019
cicero:
OP those photos are of NLNG which is restricted. Post photos of Bonny town instead.
God bless you, na lie full the post.
People will be so dissapointed after spending 1hour on the boat only to land in bonny town

5 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by subcbouy: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
Republic of Bonny next agenda.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by winterfell007(m): 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
Op is simply taking pictures of NLNG facilities and posting. Bonny stretches further than that

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by babyfaceafrica: 9:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
Thecvbankng:

Where you live doesn't count because the land areas in comparison you're making should be island not mainland. But still, I'm interested to know which part of Lagos on the mainland boasts of such good roads, and 24/7 electricity.

The OP referring to the amazing scenery isn't talking of just houses, of which we all know banana island have. Lush vegetation, parks and other natural attractions are part of what makes Bonny island stand different and makes it special. Banana island is manificient, no doubt but it's mostly reserved for the elite and top class citizens. Bonny island offers an environment for all classes, having access to what is restricted to a little few here in Lagos. I'm not from Bonny island but the aerial view and the rest of the photos here can't go unappreciated for a rural area it is.

I'm interested to know which part of Lagos on the mainland boasts of such good roads, and 24/7 electricity

alausa has very steady light and good roads
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by shogsman(m): 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
theenchanter:
We need to stop antagonizing everything about the country, it's obvious you just wanted to dwell on the bad side, give the country a break, that island is well arranged and you have not even seen the island in person,yet you make comparisons like you live next to the island.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Mipoplenty: 9:42pm On Nov 15, 2019
If you're in Lagos, and you need life insurance policies... contact me. I'm your most available FA(Financial Advisor)

Email address: oluwabiyiopemipo@gmail.com
Reach me through my email, let's talk business.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
I worked here for a 6 months contract job with NLNG immediately after my youth service. Best 6 months of my life. cheesy Perfect island with 247 power supply.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.