Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,643 members, 7,823,829 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90296 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 11:23pm On Nov 15, 2019
@Soilsista, feed your eyes and relish in the scenery.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Organs(m): 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
NaijaMutant:
Beautiful scenery.

You won't even believe this is Nigeria except you were told cool.

Oil money on display cool

hello hi.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Anambralstson: 11:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
apart from the 24/7light..how is this place better than Parkview ikoyi,banana island
I'm talking from experience, I have visited both
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tillaman(m): 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
corike:
. I'm very sure this guy can't make heaven,orogbum?nigga , the only place u could remember on ur visit,I give up on u abeg
heaven’s gate keeper abi I should address you as Anubis, your opinion carries zero weight sir so you can give up on yourself
I was in a private car ffs, so am supposed to ask names of places I prolly won’t remember the next day,
I hope you get all the help you desperately need

Regards to your folks
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by samdigo90: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
Cameroon go soon claim that one too
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Godhatesodomy: 11:27pm On Nov 15, 2019
Wow
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by iamclime(m): 11:28pm On Nov 15, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there
Let's go there!
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by iamclime(m): 11:32pm On Nov 15, 2019
I have toured every zone in Nigeria except the Niger Delta. I think I'll start from PH or Bonny.
From Lagos to Maiduguri, Benin to Kano, Ekiti to Akwa Ibom, Kaduna to Ebonyi, Ogun to Plateau, Nigeria is beautiful!
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Kriptune: 11:37pm On Nov 15, 2019
This is how the whole of Naija delta should be if we all are not a greedy people

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by airsaylongcon: 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
UndauntedYOCA:
Nice! But help a girl get connect there so I'll be supplying yams and other things to them, I know those things must be very expensive there but I'll make them.cheap for them abeg, help a girl bikonu. Yams, local rice, palm oil etc, na beg I dey beg I no do shakara.

How u wan make am.cheap? Something way u go dey pay Navy steady to bring in anything like this? Unless you have steady connect in NLNG so u can use their boat. Otherwise your goods will always land there expensive
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Holamic: 11:41pm On Nov 15, 2019
It nice to show RA n IA in view.. Where is the agilala, batcher house way still dey finima... I was fortunate to work there for 2year in the airstrip... RA n IA is only for direct staff... The power sector yeah finima is still debating if they will pay for power supply why Bonny is paying for power.... Imagine the number of economic activities happening around that area and you still expect people for pay for light... What is purpose of that company n that what they promise as part of community development. Please don't let me talk to much
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by nsilordgmail(m): 11:43pm On Nov 15, 2019
okorotalkative:
Beautiful masterpiece, hater will soon come and start dia yeye comparison.

If not for security issues, i just wanna wake one day and start a road trip from west to south. especially these niger delta region. I need good sea food in my body.

One day sha!
We'll be waiting for you in calabar anytime, any day

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Sagay212: 11:49pm On Nov 15, 2019
Why can't the whole rivers state look like the pictures of bonny island. The money is there but as usual, people will always want to segregate. Create a place strictly for the rich and create another for the poor.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 11:51pm On Nov 15, 2019
YorubaPrince:

Immhotep my Nigga... Sup? cool
I dey jare.
How enjoyment for your side na? grin
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Mrexcell(m): 11:53pm On Nov 15, 2019
AutoReportNG:
Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

AutoReportNG got some amazing and breathtaking pictures of these place and we felt we should share some to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RfjfDnFac4A/Xc6u3bV4LOI/AAAAAAAAitg/CH2khSNW4xQ8mD3ChkW6seODtB-g91NEQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SdX_S5yDEQA/Xc6u5Sqbr5I/AAAAAAAAits/5hB6WyjQ9q871ZOL-x2YWkfGaQgKiop-ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6PAfcmWYDT8/Xc6u5xtst0I/AAAAAAAAit0/Hr1UD8lCY1YMJ5ZnecB7bRDCvmmf8dLIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTtI0xDRJvU/Xc6u81A9HqI/AAAAAAAAiuA/nEUVacSw32InkoUJ6aXtEDTtNquBypXnQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7qmPMmH2GCQ/Xc6u9EgJrRI/AAAAAAAAiuE/K2LeqfliEgMdH-GJjj9ByhV8ZjaAQxp7gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mZCe_BBCWFc/Xc6u-7674NI/AAAAAAAAiuM/gRywLcWQWL0SnMVsOn68kwSp5cUYDPjGgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-a1x4V4rwIp8/Xc6vD6vFBuI/AAAAAAAAiu8/C0f61eTdUNwOc7NE-MGGqOhKYXXdtNGXACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_025_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m5lZ8JbwFHU/Xc6vHAI0ZrI/AAAAAAAAivQ/CtxFGgT_O6gLTqplSaRGqtiYLm2uLnM0QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_030_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RO2uPJqWl9c/Xc6vIjL6neI/AAAAAAAAivc/-8EjbWUmJ7YfdA1wPqvPS_t0beep0spXQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_033_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

Very impressive this is how most cities in the niger delta is supposed to look like if not for corrupt greedy politicians.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by InvertedHammer: 11:55pm On Nov 15, 2019
/
If you find out the demographic make up of the area you posted, you will understand why it is serene.

/
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by scantee(m): 12:03am On Nov 16, 2019
Op those pictures are old pics and I can authoritatively tell u that u got them through goggle images...

Especially that Pic that has the little girl on bicycle has been existing since over 8yrs now.

I spent over 8yrs in Bonny Island, so I knw the town in & out.. Infact I have worked with major O&G in that island

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by OROSUNBOLB(m): 12:03am On Nov 16, 2019
Jarrow:

Cos you can't really access the place if you've got no one who lives in the nlng residential area. The rest of Bonny isn't like this.

That's too bad then. It is well with Nigeria,thank you bro.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by TemmyT002(m): 12:05am On Nov 16, 2019
Looks like a very big University
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by mkoabiola: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2019
Too expansive...
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Osaze007: 12:33am On Nov 16, 2019
Beautiful
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by mkoabiola: 12:34am On Nov 16, 2019
scantee:
Op those pictures are old pics and I can authoritatively tell u that u got them through goggle images...

Especially that Pic that has the little girl on bicycle has been existing since over 8yrs now.

I spent over 8yrs in Bonny Island, so I knw the town in & out.. Infact I have worked with major O&G in that island
Baba ooo
Longest tym
I blv u....

Are u stil in o&g.

Those days we de huzzle O&G....a very long ,informative and updated thread back then
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by tobiit(m): 12:40am On Nov 16, 2019
asorockvibesblo:
I need to own a property here before everything becomes expensive

You want own a property on NNLG property. You must be dreaming.
Incase you don't know, Bonny island is a dangerous island where kidnapping is prevalent because the original people who the own island lives in abject poverty. kidnapping oil workers is a good business there.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by citruslimited(m): 12:51am On Nov 16, 2019
Hmmmmmm

Please watch this video http://hopigrarn.com/2WVQ
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by gnykelly(m): 1:02am On Nov 16, 2019
theenchanter:
Don't wanna sound like a pessimist, but what's so special about this place? isn't it just like a regular 3rd world country area, nothing extraordinary.

Unless u wanna talk about its 24/7 electricity, which is understandable because most people don't enjoy it... if it was d norm, u wouldn't even insert it in this scenario.

you lack the ability to see good things

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by reservd(m): 1:25am On Nov 16, 2019
Biased reportage. This is just a section of the island controlled by NLNG. Why didn't u snap the local jetty, the roads, markets, polytechnic, akiama, Abalamabie, hospital road, bank road, the govt schs, shell roundabout, workers camp, finima road, navy base road that is currently inaccessible etc. These are places occupied by the locals and residents. You only took pictures associated with LNG and called it the whole of Bonny, that's not cool. The palace you no snap sef

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by MetaPhysical: 1:36am On Nov 16, 2019
Anambralstson:

You need to visit there to understand no part of this country can be compare to NLNG RA or IA

Shut up there! Your eye dey deceive you. You live in squalor and filth....so when you see neatly arranged and manicured green and layout you loose yourself and believe you have seen paradise.

Come to exclusive residential areas in Badagry so you can taste real paradise.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Iamsammy(m): 1:41am On Nov 16, 2019
reservd:
Biased reportage. This is just a section of the island controlled by NLNG. Why didn't u snap the local jetty, the roads, markets, polytechnic, akiama, Abalamabie, hospital road, bank road, the govt schs, shell roundabout, workers camp, finima road, navy base road that is currently inaccessible etc. These are places occupied by the locals and residents. You only took pictures associated with LNG and called it the whole of Bonny, that's not cool. The palace you no snap sef
i am sure he got those pictures from Google
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by favour32(m): 1:58am On Nov 16, 2019
Hate speech bill awaits you guys that are toxic to anything good in life.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by APOPTOSIS: 2:17am On Nov 16, 2019
It's like that because the WHITES Operate there.
Evacuate the WHITES there and watch it become a DUNGEON...

2 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by lonelydora: 2:21am On Nov 16, 2019
theenchanter:
Don't wanna sound like a pessimist, but what's so special about this place? isn't it just like a regular 3rd world country area, nothing extraordinary.

Unless u wanna talk about its 24/7 electricity, which is understandable because most people don't enjoy it... if it was d norm, u wouldn't even insert it in this scenario.

Visit Bonny and your mindset will change forever. Make sure you have the heart to cross the sea, if not, I reserve my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics / Jide Tinubu Slumped & Died Of Heart Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.