Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,399 members, 7,815,870 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery (90233 Views)

Labour Party Holds Inaugural Meeting In Bonny Island (Photos) / Beautiful Photos Of Tinubu's Original Hometown..amazing Scenery / Babatunde Fowler Receives National Peace Awards As Most Organised MDA In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by 0monnak0da: 2:33am On Nov 16, 2019
Holamic:
It nice to show RA n IA in view.. Where is the agilala, batcher house way still dey finima... I was fortunate to work there for 2year in the airstrip... RA n IA is only for direct staff... The power sector yeah finima is still debating if they will pay for power supply why Bonny is paying for power.... Imagine the number of economic activities happening around that area and you still expect people for pay for light... What is purpose of that company n that what they promise as part of community development. Please don't let me talk to much
So because of economic activities people should not pay for power? Should they pay for food? Should they pay rent?
Not paying for power is "community development">
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by naniawini(f): 3:08am On Nov 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Haaaaaaaaaa

case closed.

Op post Bonny towns let's see.

Unless we can now fully agree this post is sponsored while the masses be suffers.

cc

AutoReportNG
Those photos are NLNG residential area, post the main pics of Bonny

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 3:20am On Nov 16, 2019
cicero:
OP those photos are of NLNG which is restricted. Post photos of Bonny town instead.
grin grin grin
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by judeodion(m): 3:31am On Nov 16, 2019
So why is this scenery not replicated in 80% of the Country I thought its actually impossible to see roads without sands in Nigeria. God please give us useful leaders ooo
AutoReportNG:
Many must have heard or read about the Bonny Island in Rivers State, Nigeria. Bonny Island can be tagged the beauty and home of luxury with comfort and relaxation.

Somewhere at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean facing the Bight of Bonny sits the Island of Bonny. This serene Niger Delta community has several historical and economic symbolisms for the Nigerian nation. It was the melting point of economic activities right from the 16th century.

It serves as Christianity’s first port of call in West Africa. It is also home to so many illustrious sons and daughters of Nigeria. This significant constituent of the larger Ijaw ethnic nationality has her local dialect, Ibani is spoken across her various communities. With a thriving traditional system and robust cultural heritage, it stands out as one of the foremost local communities in Nigeria.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-TMAaURyIREc/Xc6u5r1sQjI/AAAAAAAAitw/0cVQCrSMNXI3CPc-9HK0HgUhIcvDC-4xACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_006_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Her traditional institution is headed by Edward William-Dappa Pepple who serves as natural ruler and Amanyanabo-in-Council and ably assisted by a Council of Chiefs headed by Reginald Abbey-Hart who is also chief and head of Captain Hart major house. Her political leadership currently rests on the shoulders of Nelson Ben Irimagha who bears the traditional title of Amasenibo.

The community is subdivided into two main segments – the mainland and the hinterland. The mainland is comprised of the Township, Sandfield, Iwoama, Orosikiri, Aganya, Ayambo, Akiama, Workers Camp, Finima and some outlying fishing settlements lying along the Bonny River’s coastline. The hinterland includes the villages that serve as home to indigenes of Bonny kingdom.

Bonny Nature Park, being developed by Nigeria LNG is becoming popular for eco-tourism. The park covers the rain forest, mangrove swamps and area of sandy soil with freshwater ponds and tall timbers between the swamp and beach. It harbours some creatures like the pygmy hippo and reptiles including crocodiles, monkeys and some different bird species.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zY7bnvz75YA/Xc6vAqSondI/AAAAAAAAiuc/NT5sMYUf3qwiTAQuG4y9w7KVdlRE7B5IgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_017_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

One interesting thing about this place is that Bonny Island is among the few places in Nigeria where there is power 24hrs, 365 days all through the day. Power in this island never blinks or goes off for some minutes except if there is general maintenance which barely lasts for an hour or 2.

Nigeria is blessed with amazing scenery, beaches, resorts and lots more. Bonny is carefully planned and crafted in order to show the beauty of nature. This island is also home to the NLNG workers.

AutoReportNG got some amazing and breathtaking pictures of these place and we felt we should share some to you.

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RfjfDnFac4A/Xc6u3bV4LOI/AAAAAAAAitg/CH2khSNW4xQ8mD3ChkW6seODtB-g91NEQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_001_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-SdX_S5yDEQA/Xc6u5Sqbr5I/AAAAAAAAits/5hB6WyjQ9q871ZOL-x2YWkfGaQgKiop-ACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_005_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-6PAfcmWYDT8/Xc6u5xtst0I/AAAAAAAAit0/Hr1UD8lCY1YMJ5ZnecB7bRDCvmmf8dLIwCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_007_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gTtI0xDRJvU/Xc6u81A9HqI/AAAAAAAAiuA/nEUVacSw32InkoUJ6aXtEDTtNquBypXnQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_009_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-7qmPMmH2GCQ/Xc6u9EgJrRI/AAAAAAAAiuE/K2LeqfliEgMdH-GJjj9ByhV8ZjaAQxp7gCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_011_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-mZCe_BBCWFc/Xc6u-7674NI/AAAAAAAAiuM/gRywLcWQWL0SnMVsOn68kwSp5cUYDPjGgCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_013_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-a1x4V4rwIp8/Xc6vD6vFBuI/AAAAAAAAiu8/C0f61eTdUNwOc7NE-MGGqOhKYXXdtNGXACLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_025_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-m5lZ8JbwFHU/Xc6vHAI0ZrI/AAAAAAAAivQ/CtxFGgT_O6gLTqplSaRGqtiYLm2uLnM0QCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_030_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-RO2uPJqWl9c/Xc6vIjL6neI/AAAAAAAAivc/-8EjbWUmJ7YfdA1wPqvPS_t0beep0spXQCLcBGAsYHQ/s1600/Bonny_Island_Rivers_State_033_AutoReportNG.com.jpg[/img]

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/11/bonny-island-checkout-nigerias-most.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by EasternPrince: 3:37am On Nov 16, 2019
YorubaPrince:

But una don develop Lagos finish na... grin

Yes ooo and na una dey do gateman for us... Omonile Lol
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by showafrica(m): 3:46am On Nov 16, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:
So beautiful

Its beautiful because oyibo dey there... Leave am for black man for 2 yrs Mushin go fine pass am

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 3:52am On Nov 16, 2019
pacespot:
Beautiful scenery, I'm quite sure white men and oil tycoons will domicile in the area.
wetin u expect b4? u think the place the average blackman inhabits will be as orderly and neat as this? naija of all places grin.when i saw the pics i knew straightaway this na probably one of the restricted residential places for their expatriate staffs.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nsarug80: 3:58am On Nov 16, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Haaaaaaaaaa

case closed.

Op post Bonny towns let's see.

Unless we can now fully agree this post is sponsored while the masses be suffers.

cc

AutoReportNG
Whenever you post pictures of Lagos, you can include such areas as Orile, Mushin, Okoko, AJ etc.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 16, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
It's like that because the WHITES Operate there.
Evacuate the WHITES there and watch it become a DUNGEON...
it will turn to another slum if the whites leave there
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 4:01am On Nov 16, 2019
showafrica:

Its beautiful because oyibo dey there... Leave am for black man for 2 yrs Mushin go fine pass am

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by SlimOfy(m): 4:44am On Nov 16, 2019
This is obviously the Residential Area of NLNG...
P.S: The main city is like 800yrs behind those images you see there

6 Likes

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by capitalzero: 5:14am On Nov 16, 2019
bonny island is the reason i concluded that we got independent from britain prematurely
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Holamic: 5:27am On Nov 16, 2019
So why is one part paying n the others not paying for power. My point is this are the things they promise then before the emerging of the plant, and if is necessary for them to pay why would they not pay in the RESIDENTIAL AREA TOO which the RA
0monnak0da:
So because of economic activities people should not pay for power? Should they pay for food? Should they pay rent?
Not paying for power is "community development">
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by scantee(m): 6:12am On Nov 16, 2019
mkoabiola:

Baba ooo
Longest tym
I blv u....

Are u stil in o&g.

Those days we de huzzle O&G....a very long ,informative and updated thread back then

My boss I de loyal bro...
I still sneak in & out in O&G shaaa, but now 70% into Telecommunication.. where I always wanted to be...

How things na.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Born2Breed(f): 6:21am On Nov 16, 2019
All oil companies should be headquartered here.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by majamajic(m): 6:24am On Nov 16, 2019
okorotalkative:
Beautiful masterpiece, hater will soon come and start dia yeye comparison.

If not for security issues, i just wanna wake one day and start a road trip from west to south. especially these niger delta region. I need good sea food in my body.

One day sha!

I traveled from West to East yesterday , infact am drinking hero as am typing u now across the bridge , if not for over 200 road blocks on highway from West to East , the journey was perfect , try traveling some other states , it will change your mindset, whenever u wan travel make sure your car papers are complete , or use a well known bus company, to avoid delays .

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by penukz2015(m): 6:49am On Nov 16, 2019
It was really fun there. Just kill the fear of crossing the ocean everyother thing was oyorima.lodged in a hotel that shared a fence with the water..it was really fun.
Also enter RA to eat well prepared meal in friend's place, the bakery there is the best..try chop thr bread with a mutuary standard coke..chai. mini stadium better than most stadiums in the state ABI na the hospital there.... sickness go just run.. ihendiocha.
Night life was also fun..fish ,palmwine,and refined air.. just a very good place to visit.
My experience returning to Ph is a story for another day. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by soilsista(f): 6:49am On Nov 16, 2019
justbusy:
@Soilsista, feed your eyes and relish in the scenery.
In MY opinion, it's not amazing. I've seen better. It's just clean and organized.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by LOGOBELT: 6:53am On Nov 16, 2019
Hmmmm

Meanwhile, HP Wireless 2630 4-in-1 Printer is available for sales @ 10k, working perfectly, check my signature for contact.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by BRATISLAVA: 7:01am On Nov 16, 2019
theenchanter:
thats d reason for the hype.... nothing spectacular there.

Where i live here in lagos looks better than that place, and its not even on d island.

Banana island in ikoyi still make sense than this sh1t, it also has uninterrupted power supply but my rift with d op is that he called it "the most organised island with amazing scenery in Nigeria" which is very far from truth.
so how organized is your banana island compared to this Bonny island? Where is the scenery? Open a thread and show us rather than disagreeing here.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by BRATISLAVA: 7:04am On Nov 16, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
A few persons misbehave and you brand a state "Rivers Of Blood". Is there any part of Nigeria that blood has never flown due to violence?

BTW, social media is also a tool to misinform people. So, you were misinformed.
actually, there was a time there were so many pictures of dead and beheaded people smoking cigarettes and drinking from Tetrapaks. Was that misinformation? Think not.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Ten06(m): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2019
If not that my country people sense has been taken away and are currently wandering through the wilderness of 40yrs because of their atrocities and corruption this is how my country would have been planned.
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Anambralstson: 7:17am On Nov 16, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Shut up there! Your eye dey deceive you. You live in squalor and filth....so when you see neatly arranged and manicured green and layout you loose yourself and believe you have seen paradise.

Come to exclusive residential areas in Badagry so you can taste real paradise.
I'm not your mate
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by reservd(m): 7:18am On Nov 16, 2019
Iamsammy:
i am sure he got those pictures from Google
That could be very true anyways
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 16, 2019
tillaman:
heaven’s gate keeper abi I should address you as Anubis, your opinion carries zero weight sir so you can give up on yourself
I was in a private car ffs, so am supposed to ask names of places I prolly won’t remember the next day,
I hope you get all the help you desperately need

Regards to your folks
. Lol hope you enjoy ur day
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Nostradamus: 7:37am On Nov 16, 2019
airsaylongcon:

How u wan make am.cheap? Something way u go dey pay Navy steady to bring in anything like this? Unless you have steady connect in NLNG so u can use their boat. Otherwise your goods will always land there expensive
can't that place be accessed by road?

Isn't it possible for one to drive maybe from lagos/enugu straight to Bonny island in his car unless one go by the sea?
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Ndipe(m): 7:40am On Nov 16, 2019
Lovely place
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by Reference(m): 7:42am On Nov 16, 2019
Of course, planned, built and maintained by foreigners, that's why. Nigerians will rather build mansions in the swamp.

Second picture, bottom left. That is Nigeria. The real Nigeria.

Britain does not boast of its Roman roads or its Viking forts, its historical heritage, that which it boasts about is all Anglo Saxon. Let us boast about the things we have done for ourselves.

Where are the monuments of our true liberties. These are the shrines the people run to when they are under the oppression of their own. These are the things they remember. Nigeria has very little heritage and that is why it remains to be seen what it means to be Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by BlackBuhari: 7:44am On Nov 16, 2019
Nice one .
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by frozen70g(f): 8:28am On Nov 16, 2019
vivalavida:

Typical woman. Take me there

Get off Ur ass and go there yourself.

E bi like say woman done deal with you several times
Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by PeppleEugene: 9:21am On Nov 16, 2019
gloriaunobi:
Take me there
I'm from there.. But this not d main bonny island... This just the NLNG Residential Area..(RA)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bonny Island: Nigeria's Most Organised Island With Amazing Scenery by agitator: 9:28am On Nov 16, 2019
theenchanter:
no, i've never been there but judging by ur pics and what i've read about it, u're overhyping it.... nothing specular, we need to stop celebrating mediocrity in this country.

Chief, why are you aguing with that man? He is an elder paid to spread false information.

Those places you see, being touted as tourist attraction is NLNG owned residential area for their workers. You can't gain access except by invitation. It has a very strong access control system using RFID which must be swiped at entrances to gain access to certain area as programmed by the company. The real Bonny community is like the typical Ajegunle town in Lagos. The only difference is that they have 24-hours electricity at cheap tariff, pipe borne water from 5am-6am morning and 5pm-6pm evening daily. The water times are like clock work, it comes in the morning exactly 5am and stops 1-hour later. wink wink wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Governorship Election Monitoring, Live Updates And Results / Buhari's Son Yusuf Spotted For The First Time(photos) / Meet Audu’s Teenage Wife Whose Dream Of Becoming Kogi Ist Lady Is Shattered(pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.