Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her - Romance (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her (57149 Views)

See The Mail I Just Received Today From Pakistan Woman. I Can't Trust Her / Fiancee Was Violated But I Found It Hard To Trust Her Again / This Is Why No woman Should Trust Her Man With Any lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 19, 2019
senifade:
Do you want to marry someone you can't trust? If yes, go ahead, if no then quit the relationship.
Simple as that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Sunnyobums: 10:04am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:
You sure say she wan marry you?

Na November be this. Men go land next month.Ugo China and co...

Abi she just wan discharge you. She kuku know say you love am. Na to slam you one heavy confession.

Be like I will go tell my guy this kind thing. Make e use im hand breakup.

No even mind me. My head dey jam.
Poco poco, I fear who no fear you
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by adanny01(m): 10:06am On Nov 19, 2019
Route99:

Declined being in a no-sex relationship from the beginning, since this is your reason for her actions.

Why did she break up in the first place? The break up is the declining of the no sex relationship.

She declined, went and enjoyed herself, learnt her lesson, and op came back with same rules.

Only this time he is going to get married. It is easier to accept a no sex relationship when a dateline is in the picture. She knows now the no sex relationship will end when they get married.

If op didn't propose marriage, am sure she would decline him when he came back.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Notyourbusiness: 10:07am On Nov 19, 2019
What were you expecting after she broke up with...keep herself for youif you can’t deal with the ish that she had unprotected sex and even abortion then you can Bleep off

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by pixey(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
kulekaa:
just shut up there
Oga!He was very matured in expressing his opinion but you were inmature in expressing yours.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Theboss100(m): 10:10am On Nov 19, 2019
cenaman:
grin If I no marry virgin wetin i gain? ashawo everywhere.
You, are u a virgin? He goats everywhere. angry

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by RexTramadol1: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2019
Every aboki with him kettle
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Ogegod87: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2019
donchrisville:
Dude its quite a difficult scenario though. But i tell you this....in marriage trust comes first before love. you see this love shacking you guys now, give it 2 or 3 yrs in the marriage it fizzles and you guys are back to reality.
What keeps a marriage is that friendship loyalty and trust. Trust is the basis of marriage though.
If you would always weigh everything a partner tells you out of distrust, then you both are not fit to be in a relationship, talk more of marriage.\
Dude you wont be happy if you end up living that life. Theres no joy in always investigating anything your loved one tells you.

I feel maybe you can put her to a test of your own again, and check if she passes it without lying. Maybe she's changed or maybe she's not.
So put it to test

Bro as for the abortion, just forget that one, Its a mistake
without a doubt more than 60% ladies have gone through it. Either operation or drug.
If you've taken postinor before, you've committed abortion. So just move on with that...don't judge her with regards to that
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by chrismex(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Like few people said, here, it all depends on you. Your decision, to me for her opening up her telling you this shows she is trying to be sincere with you.

You can give her another chance again, its pasted try and forgive her. But the harder part is to forget. If you know it gonna be hard forgetting it please don't continue the relationship. Because you won't be happy.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by adanny01(m): 10:20am On Nov 19, 2019
Humility017:

Thanks for the bolded...... when they're many ladies praying for men of this kind that can take a stand against sexual immorality......

ever since I realised that my kind is rare...
I no longer beg or try to make any lady stay with people....

the problem many guys like OP make...is looking for the right person in the wrong places.... go into relationships with someone who share same values with you.... especially as regard sex and faith...

he/she will abstain not because she wanna be faithful to you but because he/she wanna be faithful to God.....

I don't agree with the bolded.

There is no right place to meet the right person.

The problem with op and other guys like him is they do not know who the right person is so the either keep looking and pass so many right persons or the stop looking and hook up with the wrong person.

The op has found exactly what he wants but he wants to pass because he doesn't know exactly what he wants. You have to know what you want so that when you see it there is no mistake that this is what you want.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 19, 2019
adanny01:

Why did she break up in the first place? The break up is the declining of the no sex relationship.

She declined, went and enjoyed herself, learnt her lesson, and op came back with same rules.

Only this time he is going to get married. It is easier to accept a no sex relationship when a dateline is in the picture. She knows now the no sex relationship will end when they get married.

If op didn't propose marriage, am sure she would decline him when he came back.
Then she would have made it very very clear during the relationship or while breaking up. That way, they'll both know where they stand. Something like this should be clearly communicated.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 19, 2019
donchrisville:
Dude its quite a difficult scenario though. But i tell you this....in marriage trust comes first before love. you see this love shacking you guys now, give it 2 or 3 yrs in the marriage it fizzles and you guys are back to reality.
What keeps a marriage is that friendship loyalty and trust. Trust is the basis of marriage though.
If you would always weigh everything a partner tells you out of distrust, then you both are not fit to be in a relationship, talk more of marriage.\
Dude you wont be happy if you end up living that life. Theres no joy in always investigating anything your loved one tells you.

I feel maybe you can put her to a test of your own again, and check if she passes it without lying. Maybe she's changed or maybe she's not.
So put it to test

Bro as for the abortion, just forget that one, Its a mistake
without a doubt more than 60% ladies have gone through it. Either operation or drug.
If you've taken postinor before, you've committed abortion. So just move on with that...don't judge her with regards to that
follow this advise OP. I know of someone who told his husband to be then few months to the wedding that she once had abortion. Even mistakenly slept with her university librarian. The abortion happened 2years before she met her fiance, and what she did with her university librarian happened after a breakup with that same fiance which lasted for more than 2years. She opened up to her fiance without the guy asking her. The guy put those things behind, went ahead and married her. They have been married for 9 years now, and infidelity has never cause a quarrel between them till date.(not saying they don't have issues on other things though).

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Forward77(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2019
my brother, there are over 30 million beautiful young women in Nigeria, who can be trusted, forget about that girl and get yourself a better person!
Period
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by inspitation: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Guy this your case dey turn my belle seriously how can you be in a no sex relationship and she has the guts to to and fuc.k another guy just in a space of few months in the name of a break up un-top of it Bleep.ing raw, got pregnant and even had an abortion yuckkkkkkkkkk tueee... y not a no sex with the other guy too? im very sorry but you must be a slow poke marry at your own risk and save enough money for hospital bills when heart attack sets cos that love shacking you will soon disappear and you will face reality

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Oyira(m): 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
Well here's my candid advice..
I think she has told you the height of the it. At this point she is remorseful, ask her if there are any more secrets. But be prepared to forgive her and forget about it after knowing.

She is sincere and truly loves you. Everyone deserves a second chance. If u eventually forgive her and proceed with the marriage, She will forever love you.

Good luck bro!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by inspitation: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2019
AceRoyal:

I'll advice you not to end the relationship with her.
For her to open up to you, shows that she values you and the relationship.
Forgive her, it's in the past.
I'm talking from experience.
And please don't ever use this against her in future, no matter the situation or circumstances.

What if her womb is already damaged? after marriage no child she will now say didnt i tell you i had an abortion before?
did i force you to marry me? bla bla bla...
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Zizim: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2019
donbachi:
deputy Jesus...clap 4 ur sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by DennisEche(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:
My girlfriend and I had issues sometime last year which eventually led to a break up. Early this year, we made up. I initiated the make up because I still loved her even though, it was she who ended the relationship.

When we started again, I told her I wanted a fresh start and that she should come out clean with me of whatever I need to know when we were apart. She knows how much I emphasize sincerity as I hate lies. She confided in me, that she had sex with a guy whom she dated briefly when we were apart but that she used protection. I believed her and didn't really bother myself because we were not together when it happened.

Few months later, I proposed to her and she accepted my marriage proposal. Since then, the relationship has been beautiful and we have become better as we were previously before the break up. We are actually planning our wedding in a few months.

Yesterday, she confessed to me that she had an abortion while we were apart. That she lied about using protection and that she got pregnant and aborted the baby.

Since then, I have mixed feelings for her:

Firstly, I am strongly against abortion and she knows that. Secondly, She lied to me!

The second reason is actually why I am more angry with her. She has lied to me previously and I don't know if I can believe and trust her again.

She has been very remorseful and she told me she came out clean because she wants to set everything right before we get married.

The issue here is that I don't know how can I trust her again?
thank God you never get hiv aids
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by grandstar(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:
My girlfriend and I had issues sometime last year which eventually led to a break up. Early this year, we made up. I initiated the make up because I still loved her even though, it was she who ended the relationship.

When we started again, I told her I wanted a fresh start and that she should come out clean with me of whatever I need to know when we were apart. She knows how much I emphasize sincerity as I hate lies. She confided in me, that she had sex with a guy whom she dated briefly when we were apart but that she used protection. I believed her and didn't really bother myself because we were not together when it happened.

Few months later, I proposed to her and she accepted my marriage proposal. Since then, the relationship has been beautiful and we have become better as we were previously before the break up. We are actually planning our wedding in a few months.

Yesterday, she confessed to me that she had an abortion while we were apart. That she lied about using protection and that she got pregnant and aborted the baby.

Firstly, I am strongly against abortion and she knows that. Secondly, She lied to me!

The second reason is actually why I am more angry with her. She has lied to me previously and I don't know if I can believe and trust her again.

She has been very remorseful and she told me she came out clean because she wants to set everything right before we get married.

Your username and what you wrote are both contradictions.

I am not saying you committed fornication but what came to my mind when I read the article was that the 2 actors in the articles lived secular lives.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Skyloloprince(m): 10:38am On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

It’s a strong one but to be honest with you: it’s best you forgive her and show some love to her. This is because you still wouldn’t have found out, he wants to be sincere and clean as she walks into marriage with you. Bro you are lucky to have an honest woman, the next person u might meet can be worse.
It won’t be ease but please be matured
Try and put this shit behind and Happy Marriage

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by midnighter(f): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2019
inspitation:

What if her womb is already damaged? after marriage no child she will now say didnt i tell you i had an abortion before?
did i force you to marry me? bla bla bla...

That can be easily solved by testing both of them for fertility
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by DennisEche(m): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2019
donbachi:
deputy Jesus...clap 4 ur sef.
nawao, you de hail am or you de give am mouth
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by HMarshal(m): 10:39am On Nov 19, 2019
If she is ready to always tell u the truth then I think u are your own problem bro.its like a kid who wants to talk to his parents but is scared of them scolding him.so women need admonishing .if that's the only thing she done.pretty, good xter, don't stress u out , honors u, then fam let go.no one forgets such easily, buh then Avnt u done anything worst? She even came clean wit u & showed remorse. Admonish her. & put ur mind to forgiving ...even some pastors wife son do stupid things b4,but might swear on anything they Neva did,is that the kind uld prefer?
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by adanny01(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2019
Route99:

Then she would have made it very very clear during the relationship or while breaking up. That way, they'll both know where they stand. Something like this should be clearly communicated.

Clearly you didn't think this through.

You want a woman to tell a guy that she cannot be in a no sex relationship? Do you know what that means to a woman.

Its like directly asking the guy for sex. A woman who does that will definitely send the wrong signals to the guy.

Almost every girl at the beginning of a relationship tells you she wants a no sex relationship but they are all lying and trying to give a good impression that would not last.

If op meets a new babe today and starts a no sex relationship, the babe will date him thinking he was only joking. When weeks turn to months and before a year, 99% of the babes will break up with no reason just like it has happened.

It is op's ignorance that has caused this. There is no point having a relationship tagged "no sex relationship". Every opposite sex relationship where love or physical attraction is present has sex behind it. The sex is either before marriage or after marriage but sex must be part of it.

Any person who wants a no sex relationship must put a marriage proposal to it to make it workable which the op failed at first and corrected the second time.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by greatbrian(m): 10:40am On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

I did not sleep with another girl whilst we were apart, in fact since we got back, I have not slept with her. It's a no-sex relationship.

Wow that no-sex relationship scares the shit out of me if the lady is not a virgin. She will obviously cheat with one guy somewhere
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by greatbrian(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:
For her to disclose she had an abortion is a signal she loves you and want the marriage to work . Personally, I hate ladies that lacks sexual purity .

After they both agree on a no sex relationship? Are you kidding me.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by longyemi(m): 10:41am On Nov 19, 2019
Op....

I like your courage... I just wanna ask how you will feel if another phase of truth comes out maybe years after your marriage with her that "due to the abortion she can no longer have kids"...

Just asking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by BarrElChapo(m): 10:45am On Nov 19, 2019
wilsonchilboy:
My brother once a hoe is always a hoe.. lemme nt lie 2 u o, me i dnt believe in love covering multitude of sin, i can 4gv but i no the 4get shii cus as time goes on it wil flash back anytime she misbehave. Trust me if i am in ur shoes i wont marry a lady who lie asf... I am nt saying i'm perfect but i alway thnk of 2maro b4 taking any action.. I put it to you that after ur wedding she wil tel u tnz that u wil jst kuku die so i wil advice u 2 discharg her nw b4 lawyers start eating ur hard earned money as filing fee and appearance fee for ur divorce matter ... God save us frm all dis hoeloshos distracting my fellow men

Bros make we nor chop because you nawa o grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Starz825(m): 10:50am On Nov 19, 2019
ednut1:
u are a mumu man.
The guy na Christian na..pls learn to respect people's way of life na grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by pixey(m): 10:53am On Nov 19, 2019
mickeyenglish:

See eehn, I swear down, if i was your big bro or kid bro, i would have beaten the shit out of you and even if i can't, I'd definitely arrange boys for to treat your monkey ass .. I know you're about to get married hence, you're older than me definitely but sometimes, you need to be very extremely logical with life,in relation to people and the bizarre web of intricacies therein.

DON'T MARRY THAT BITCH (I'm not sorry to call her that) and there are tons of reasons for saying such.

Firstly, she's a very dangerous hypocrite. You had initiated a no-sex relationship with her. Guess what, immediately you did that, a sincere lady would have voiced out her resentment on such a stance but, she kept cool, meaning she had found a FOOL.

Secondly, she broke up with you just to get an independent sexual exploitation with her would-be baby daddy(unfortunately for her, he denied the ownership), knowing fully well that you may eventually get wind of her sexcapades.

Thirdly, it's all about psychological warfare against you, the foolish would-be husband. she knows that you're a wannade "serious and disciplined man" thus, her so-called "confession" before marriage. She knows you cherish "truth" and "fairness" hence, her little mind tricks with you, knowing that if she opens up her so-called "confessions" to you, you'd eventually admire her new truthful stance and repentance.

Fourthly,she doesn't love you one bit. She broke up with you for no reason and instantly went into another relationship. She was even audacious enough to engage in a no-protection sexcapades.

Now, my opinion :

The other cool dude she went into a relationship with after the break-up with you, is actually her lover. Here's the trick ; if the other guy had accepted the pregnancy, she would have glady been his baby mama. Unfortunately, the dude refused such ploys employed by her to tie him down and they broke up . Now, she's out in the cold and, here come the STUPID knight in shining armor(you) to her rescue.

Secondly, she most have been promiscuous even for the level of the other dude that he couldn't even trust the pregnancy if it was his or his other friends, who she might have been digging to his knowledge hence, she had to bow out of the relationship and abort the pregnancy in shame.

Thirdly, she's done with whoring and sees the negative part of it. She sees you as a naive "serious man", who doesn't know what goes on "inside life". She knows you're getting closer to getting married due to your over serious nature hence, her ploy to mentally impress you with APC's sort of CHANGE. She just wants to come and drop herself as a baggage on your life. Again, she knows the best way to eventually get you into her traps, is to come out "very clean", so that you, the DIMWIT would-be husband would start viewing her like the "virgin Mary".

Finally, your consequences :

If and when you stupidly wife the LovePeddler, she'd go back to her whoring ways in no time.
Don't be surprised that she'd even go back to that guy and his friends that initially bleeped her RAW and IMPREGNATED her, which led to the ABORTION.

You would eventually get multiple Sexually Transmitted Diseases, even HIV/AIDS, no thanks to her adulterous lifestyle.

You'd always be very judgmental about her. You'd never believe her.. You'd always doubt whatever she says till death takes on of you away..

Your children may eventually turn out to be bastards.. Snows and Sands like the Game of Thrones..

Never make a LovePeddler a housewife *TuPac Amaru Shakur

Post No Bill
@O.P You really should consider this.The way he says this, it is from experience.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by sooperrescue(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2019
End the relationship. The Bible says that if a woman departs from her man and go to another man and after some time returns back to the former man. It should not take place so as to remove abomination away from the land. Remember that the Bible never encouraged boyfriend and girlfriend issues. As she left you, and she remained chaste while she was apart, then you can take her back but being made pregnant and committed abortion, she has destroyed the blessings of the benefits of the child that opens the womb. Someone was telling me that magun does not have any effect on Christians. I told the man that magun will work on any Christian because the Bible says that we should not sleep with another man wife. Joseph calls it a sin against God. Think well. If you didn't know her before then, you could take her back but not after knowing her and she went away and came back sleeping with other men, you are on your own

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by makydebbie(f): 11:01am On Nov 19, 2019
Route99:

How would you have gone about making a decision if you were in his shoes? Maybe your advice will help him in future.

I know you're a coolguy4christ but your bar has been set too high especially for this girl.

The fact that she broke off with you, hooked up with another and came back to you means she doesn't fully agree with your no sex relationship status. She was just putting up to you because she liked you and know you are a good guy.

2ndly, the reason there is a white or black lie is that some lies are important while others are not, you should be able to differentiate. This girl lies to you because of who you are. She has done things shes not proud of and she knows you will not like it. Yet, to prevent doing more bad things to you (keeping a secret), she came clean. As far as I'm concerned, she is a better person than you who "claim" to be self righteous but judge other people's actions.

You set your own rules and its easy for you but you dont want to know how it is not easy for you partner. You will make a bad husband since you care only about yourself, your desires, your satisfaction and your religion.

Maybe she broke off with you because she needed sex which you didnt give. You didn't give her sex which she tried to suppress, you didn't know her problem or cared to find out or encourage her to remain celibate. You forced your lifestyle on her and expect her to suck it up.

Op, enough of the rules and being judgemental. She sounds like a stronger person than you give her credit. Work on yourself and help her become the person you want her to be or find someone without a flaw and exactly as you want. She knows you, she has put up with you, appreciate her and do the needful (end her misery ASAP).

This is what I think actually. The guy should cool down, nobody is perfect. At least she was sincere I really appreciate that from her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

How Did Your Parents Know You Were Having Sex And What Was Their Reaction? / A Nairalander Takes A Beautiful Bride / Men Don't Want Me Because I Have 3 Kids - Single Mum Cries Out (pix, Vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.