Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,979 members, 7,835,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her (57242 Views)

See The Mail I Just Received Today From Pakistan Woman. I Can't Trust Her / Fiancee Was Violated But I Found It Hard To Trust Her Again / This Is Why No woman Should Trust Her Man With Any lady. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by qrymz(m): 12:40pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:
My girlfriend and I had issues sometime last year which eventually led to a break up. Early this year, we made up. I initiated the make up because I still loved her even though, it was she who ended the relationship.

When we started again, I told her I wanted a fresh start and that she should come out clean with me of whatever I need to know when we were apart. She knows how much I emphasize sincerity as I hate lies. She confided in me, that she had sex with a guy whom she dated briefly when we were apart but that she used protection. I believed her and didn't really bother myself because we were not together when it happened.

Few months later, I proposed to her and she accepted my marriage proposal. Since then, the relationship has been beautiful and we have become better as we were previously before the break up. We are actually planning our wedding in a few months.

Yesterday, she confessed to me that she had an abortion while we were apart. That she lied about using protection and that she got pregnant and aborted the baby.

Since then, I have mixed feelings for her:

Firstly, I am strongly against abortion and she knows that. Secondly, She lied to me!

The second reason is actually why I am more angry with her. She has lied to me previously and I don't know if I can believe and trust her again.

She has been very remorseful and she told me she came out clean because she wants to set everything right before we get married.

The issue here is that I don't know how can I trust her again?

Do you know how hard it is to come out about cheating and abortion? She must feel very guilty to have told you the truth even before getting married to you knowing she can loose you.

Sit down with her and talk about everything y'all have done wrong and the best way to move forward without your friends and family knowing about it (they will never stop looking at her with that bad eye if you eventually settle with her).
Leaving her seems easy but do you know how many abortions the next girl you're gonna meet has had (be rest assured she won't tell you about it).
I know it's not gonna be easy but be a man and move on and keep this at the back of your mind, ladies have very weak hearts and makes mistakes sometimes but being able to open up about it is what makes a good lady.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by adanny01(m): 12:49pm On Nov 19, 2019
Route99:

I get the beginning of your post and understand social conditioning has a role to play in all this.

Your last statement is the problem I am talking about. Love is not everything. It would hurt the OP so so bad if he finds out she even had an affair while in the first half of their relationship, which is very very common in situations like this. He may even prefer she lets him know at the beginning or at any point she changes her mind, or whenever she decides to breakup. Personally, I wouldn't hold it against her or see her in a bad light like some guys will, but I will likely end to the relationship because of problems that might arise.

She didn't cheat, she realised he truly intended to remain celibate and could not overcome her desires. At the point she did the honourable thing by breaking up to overcome her desires.

My problem is not with her, its with the OP who failed to realize that her breaking up was actually a sign of lack of commitment on his part. Like I said before, whoever would wish to embark on a no sex relationship should declare a timeline to transition to sex.

Just like there is no marriage without sex, there is no dating without the issue of sex. Op should have known to either dont start a relationship without sex or a date to which sex will start (aka marriage). A truly no sex relationship doesn't exist. Its no sex before marriage. In that case, a marriage day is fixed and each partner keeps him/herself till the day.

The girl had no wedding day to hold on, no sex to satisfy the urge and no commitment to hold on to. Op was busy thinking only for himself.

She broke up for no reason according to OP but we know he didn't see the reason cos the reason was there but the girl couldn't start the topic. If she did, they would not even be together today.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by anonymuz(m): 12:51pm On Nov 19, 2019
Guy i was once in a scenario like this. Bone the idiot

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by chibnnodi: 12:53pm On Nov 19, 2019
That's the reason I want to marry a virgin.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:
For her to disclose she had an abortion is a signal she loves you and want the marriage to work . Personally, I hate ladies that lacks sexual purity .
You're my type. I'm not perfect, but a lady who is always interested in sex and can do it even with anybody, cannot be my wife. Both men and women need self control.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by hollowpot15684(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
Omar09:

Bro you can't say for sure if she's promiscuous or not. The fact remains, she initiated that break up for that sex spree that got her pregnant. Take it or leave it.

I agree with you ��
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

Thank you for your advice. But she is not promiscuous, I'm almost certain of that.

And the first instance she lied, did not involve sex.
Then why did you complain? In that case, you don't need any advice since you trust her to this extent. Your love for her might have beclouded your sense of reasoning, and no amount of fault she has will be anything bad to you. Na so bad marriages dey always start.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Omotaday(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

I did not sleep with another girl whilst we were apart, in fact since we got back, I have not slept with her. It's a no-sex relationship.
No-sex relationship with a non-virgin?, a girl who bleeps without protection and aborted for someone else?

Is there any sense in this? I understand you. You think you are smart, you think you are in control of the relationship, but you are not, trust me. You will realize later.

Or maybe you are not potent, who knows. The babe had to call it off for a while to enjoy dick somewhere else.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by bonnyhope: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
YorubaPrince:
But, why is it that it's majorly guys that come on here to complain and rant abt their women?

They cry, wail and do stuff like sissies all the time. Why don't the ladies do the same on here?

WTF? angry

how many ladies are on this forum?
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Elxandre(m): 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
https://www.nairaland.com/4141934/how-overcome-guilt-fornication

See Wetin OP talk two years ago. It was clear the woman did not really like the no-sex thing.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by apiski(m): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2019
I have gone through the comments and I must confess, the second person who commented made a whole lot of sense. I advice you follow his advice. But if you ask for my opinion, this is what I will say: I can see that your problem is the fact that she lied to you, and not because she had unprotected sex and got pregnant. I think that we are kindred souls because as a human being I don't think there is any other thing I hate in a relatioship ( and in life generally) than LIES, not even CHEATING. I can hardly let it pass. But I've come to understand that that kind of standard is too high for 98.5% of people. So in order to live a stress free life, I reduce my standard for people and maintain it for myself. For me I expect people to lie to me but I appreciate it when they say the truth. I advice you do same.
But if you can' build trust for her anymore, then let her go, but also bear it in mind that even the next lady you'll meet will also lie to you about certain things. So the big quetion is: what will Jesus do?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by sylve11: 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2019
cenaman:
grin If I no marry virgin wetin i gain? ashawo everywhere.

virgin come tear eyes for inside your housed, na then you go understand life. grin grin cool
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by shomutuski(m): 1:27pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

I did not sleep with another girl whilst we were apart, in fact since we got back, I have not slept with her. It's a no-sex relationship.

Brother wey mumu!!! No sex buh she they collect gbola under your nose.

My Gee! Move on.

Apparently all that hoe trying to trap you after all her escapades.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by bonnyhope: 1:31pm On Nov 19, 2019
bethyz:
If you want to marry her marry her forget all this stories joor.

What happened when you separated should have stayed in the past, now you cant deal with it.

Na the girl no smart her mouth to lose and she will lose the marriage.

All this guys that say tell me tell me DONT EVER TELL SHIT. They cant deal with it. Just like this one. He wants to know yet the cant deal with it.

ONE SLAY QUEEN SPOTTED
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Tamzy: 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
As if u no fvck anoda wen una break up...confess ur own make we see if d relationship no go borrow legs.

Bro take it easy.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by charlsecy(m): 1:42pm On Nov 19, 2019
donchrisville:
Bro as for the abortion, just forget that one, Its a mistake without a doubt more than 60% ladies have gone through it. Either operation or drug. If you've taken postinor before, you've committed abortion.
Not true. Postinor prevents conception, and cannot remove an already planted pregnancy. Its use is contraception, not abortion.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by KAM3KAZI: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2019
Gaggi:
No sex relationship with you, yet she has unprotected sex with another and you are in love. F00ls will always exist in abundance. Please take her to the alter immediately.
I think the hard core rap of the 90's we used to listen to helped shape us into men. we used the lyrics to help us through heart breaks and the way the rappers talked about women shaped our mentality. I don't understand the category of young men we have now. An embarrassment and a disgrace to real men.

Please could you list the songs,albums or artists that you listened to
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Excellent7(m): 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2019
Brodagovernor:
Going by what you narrated here, she ended the relationship at first( even though you didn't tell us the reason). Then you initiated the reconciliation. During the time you were apart, she moved on. Apparently you didn't. I know you know the truth but you have decided to live in denial. But I will tell you. She actually got pregnant to hook down the other guy, only for her to be disappointed. Out of shame, embarrassment, resentment and hatred, she aborted the pregnancy. Then you like a saviour, came back only to ask her hand in marriage. The truth is she has never been into you 100 percent. You her just her plan B if not C. I don't really understand why people are incapable of moving on and never look back. There are millions of ladies out there that can make you love drunk than what you are feeling now. I can forgive all things but definitely not infidelity, let alone one that led to abortion. The ball is your court. Its your call. You will be the one living with her.

This is the "Koko" of the whole thing!
A discerning mind just spoke.
@OP
I hope you are listening.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by GeneralPula: 2:07pm On Nov 19, 2019
donchrisville:
Dude its quite a difficult scenario though. But i tell you this....in marriage trust comes first before love. you see this love shacking you guys now, give it 2 or 3 yrs in the marriage it fizzles and you guys are back to reality.
What keeps a marriage is that friendship loyalty and trust. Trust is the basis of marriage though.
If you would always weigh everything a partner tells you out of distrust, then you both are not fit to be in a relationship, talk more of marriage.\
Dude you wont be happy if you end up living that life. [s]Theres no joy in always investigating anything your loved one tells you[/s].

I feel maybe you can put her to a test of your own again, and check if she passes it without lying. Maybe she's changed or maybe she's not.
So put it to test

Bro as for the abortion, just forget that one, Its a mistake
without a doubt more than 60% ladies have gone through it. Either operation or drug.
If you've taken postinor before, you've committed abortion. So just move on with that...don't judge her with regards to that
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by GeneralPula: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
Rosay15:
... Then let her go, if you know you can’t trust her again then there’s no point in marrying her.

I just want let you know that, she can decided not tell you she had an abortion when you guys were apart if she want to and you won’t find out.
Remember she is a woman and I think you know what am driving at, for the fact that she told with all sincerity that means she loves you and value the relationship leading to marriage but if you think you can’t forgive and trust her again let her know cus marriage no be child’s play.
This is a life time contract which you know trust and loyalty is important.
Well, you know where the shoes hurt.
Peace
[/s]
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by GeneralPula: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2019
YorubaPrince:
But, why is it that it's majorly guys that come on here to complain and rant abt their women?

They cry, wail and do stuff like sissies all the time. Why don't the ladies do the same on here?

WTF? angry

Lol bros the matter taya me!
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by GeneralPula: 2:14pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:
My girlfriend and I had issues sometime last year which eventually led to a break up. Early this year, we made up. I initiated the make up because I still loved her even though, it was she who ended the relationship.

When we started again, I told her I wanted a fresh start and that she should come out clean with me of whatever I need to know when we were apart. She knows how much I emphasize sincerity as I hate lies. She confided in me, that she had sex with a guy whom she dated briefly when we were apart but that she used protection. I believed her and didn't really bother myself because we were not together when it happened.

Few months later, I proposed to her and she accepted my marriage proposal. Since then, the relationship has been beautiful and we have become better as we were previously before the break up. We are actually planning our wedding in a few months.

Yesterday, she confessed to me that she had an abortion while we were apart. That she lied about using protection and that she got pregnant and aborted the baby.

Since then, I have mixed feelings for her:

Firstly, I am strongly against abortion and she knows that. Secondly, She lied to me!

The second reason is actually why I am more angry with her. She has lied to me previously and I don't know if I can believe and trust her again.

She has been very remorseful and she told me she came out clean because she wants to set everything right before we get married.

The issue here is that I don't know how can I trust her again?

The probability that you’ll regret it if you do marry her is 100percent!

No go there man!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Excellent7(m): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2019
mickeyenglish:

See eehn, I swear down, if i was your big bro or kid bro, i would have beaten the shit out of you and even if i can't, I'd definitely arrange boys for to treat your monkey ass .. I know you're about to get married hence, you're older than me definitely but sometimes, you need to be very extremely logical with life,in relation to people and the bizarre web of intricacies therein.

DON'T MARRY THAT BITCH (I'm not sorry to call her that) and there are tons of reasons for saying such.

Firstly, she's a very dangerous hypocrite. You had initiated a no-sex relationship with her. Guess what, immediately you did that, a sincere lady would have voiced out her resentment on such a stance but, she kept cool, meaning she had found a FOOL.

Secondly, she broke up with you just to get an independent sexual exploitation with her would-be baby daddy(unfortunately for her, he denied the ownership), knowing fully well that you may eventually get wind of her sexcapades.

Thirdly, it's all about psychological warfare against you, the foolish would-be husband. she knows that you're a wannade "serious and disciplined man" thus, her so-called "confession" before marriage. She knows you cherish "truth" and "fairness" hence, her little mind tricks with you, knowing that if she opens up her so-called "confessions" to you, you'd eventually admire her new truthful stance and repentance.

Fourthly,she doesn't love you one bit. She broke up with you for no reason and instantly went into another relationship. She was even audacious enough to engage in a no-protection sexcapades.

Now, my opinion :

The other cool dude she went into a relationship with after the break-up with you, is actually her lover. Here's the trick ; if the other guy had accepted the pregnancy, she would have glady been his baby mama. Unfortunately, the dude refused such ploys employed by her to tie him down and they broke up . Now, she's out in the cold and, here come the STUPID knight in shining armor(you) to her rescue.

Secondly, she most have been promiscuous even for the level of the other dude that he couldn't even trust the pregnancy if it was his or his other friends, who she might have been digging to his knowledge hence, she had to bow out of the relationship and abort the pregnancy in shame.

Thirdly, she's done with whoring and sees the negative part of it. She sees you as a naive "serious man", who doesn't know what goes on "inside life". She knows you're getting closer to getting married due to your over serious nature hence, her ploy to mentally impress you with APC's sort of CHANGE. She just wants to come and drop herself as a baggage on your life. Again, she knows the best way to eventually get you into her traps, is to come out "very clean", so that you, the DIMWIT would-be husband would start viewing her like the "virgin Mary".

Finally, your consequences :

If and when you stupidly wife the LovePeddler, she'd go back to her whoring ways in no time.
Don't be surprised that she'd even go back to that guy and his friends that initially bleeped her RAW and IMPREGNATED her, which led to the ABORTION.

You would eventually get multiple Sexually Transmitted Diseases, even HIV/AIDS, no thanks to her adulterous lifestyle.

You'd always be very judgmental about her. You'd never believe her.. You'd always doubt whatever she says till death takes on of you away..

Your children may eventually turn out to be bastards.. Snows and Sands like the Game of Thrones..

Never make a LovePeddler a housewife *TuPac Amaru Shakur

Post No Bill

@ OP
Listen if you can!
Somebody has taken valuable time to make a sensible analysis of the whole thing.
I was relieved to know there was another person we im dey hungry to waz you slaps.
If you choose to proceed, I beg you in advance to spare us information on the drama that is loading.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2019
As if you no the knack her
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Darkgini: 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2019
Guy just forgive her and sort things out. *She told you the truth because she could not live with the lie*.

If a lady does an abortion, you may never find out unless she tells you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by SwagPower: 2:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Lightway:
And ubunja said

That breakup she initiated for no reason
U b Man wey sabi !..
She initiated a brk up to go av guilt free sexcapades ..grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by HARDDON: 2:38pm On Nov 19, 2019
very4tune8:
This is a confession... Not like you found out. If she deemed it necessary to purge herself of deceit before the wedding then she's still trustworthy... Let it go.

Do you know what the term "Manipulative confession" is?

Ofcos, you don't. I invented it.

...and no one has thought about the health consiquencies of that abortion....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by nnaeyes6: 2:54pm On Nov 19, 2019
Hmmmmm
Deputy Jesus kwa!

donbachi:
deputy Jesus...clap 4 ur sef.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 19, 2019
coolguy4christ:

Yeah she loves me and she wants our marriage to be built on truth. I think I have already forgiven her, but the issue I have is forgetting what she has done and be able to trust her completely again.
Pls forgive her and move on you are the one that ask for the truth ....
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by sammyjay7265(m): 4:02pm On Nov 19, 2019
If it where me I would build the trust back ... for her to come out clean she is really in for a fresh start .... did girls out dere ain't loyal...

Some will do it not tell u about it ..u find out dey would say eeh ehh shey be we where not together den..

God help us we men ...

I swear I fear for our generation marriage...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by coolguy4christ: 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2019
HARDDON:

Do you know what the term "Manipulative confession" is?

Ofcos, you don't. I invented it.

...and no one has thought about the health consiquencies of that abortion....

I would ensure she does fertility tests and she is certified medically okay before anything else.
Re: My Fiancee Lied To Me, Now I Find It Hard To Trust Her by Bryan88(m): 4:45pm On Nov 19, 2019
Sirvingeo:
For her to disclose she had an abortion is a signal she loves you and want the marriage to work . Personally, I hate ladies that lacks sexual purity .
1st making sense comment...exactly what i had in mind.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Is Searching For This Kind Of 'wife Material' To Marry (photos) / He Gave Me A Key To His Apartment - What Does This Mean? / Worst Date; Man Shares 400k Bill With Lady & Her Girlfriend He Went On Date With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.