Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? (44892 Views)

Another MAN Under ATTACK / Man Under Fire For The Caption He Used While Sharing His Woman's Photo / Moment A Father Caught His Daughter Having Sex With A Man Under His Roof 18+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 4:12pm On Nov 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

You are 26.

A nugget of speculation that can be neither confirmed nor debunked kiss so do you think our prospective age-gap suits?
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

A nugget of speculation that can be neither confirmed nor debunked kiss so do you think our prospective age-gap suits?

Ahn ahn, 33 to 26 is perfect na. Abi you want me to be 27? grin grin grin
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Godtschild: 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
lilwetdick:

let also not forget that countries with good economy do have higher divorce rate than countries with developing economies.

Because in those societies, divorce is an option and they are mostly not ashamed to pursue it. Longevity of a marriage is not a measure of how happy the marriage is. We already know in our culture people are willing to endure bad marriages.

I also want to add in Western societies, by 18 males have already left their parents’ house and started their own independent lives.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 4:20pm On Nov 22, 2019
djoe21:

So what makes 33 the lower limit 'perfect age' and not 32? Or what makes 37 the upper limit and not 38?

32 is borderline to me and at 38 the man is overage.

Besides that's an illegitimate question. So why have limits for anything

There must be a limit for things na otherwise how do we define anything

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 4:24pm On Nov 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

Ahn ahn, 33 to 26 is perfect na. Abi you want me to be 27? grin grin grin

Lol it's sounding good but as everybody has said, plenty of factors are involved and not just age
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

Lol it's sounding good but as everybody has said, plenty of factors are involved and not just age

oya, what do you want to know?

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 4:39pm On Nov 22, 2019
truthsayer009:

oya, what do you want to know?

Lol are you serious? You want me to start courtship grilling you? cheesy hahaha

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

Lol are you serious? You want me to start courtship grilling you? cheesy hahaha

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by djoe21(m): 5:34pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

32 is borderline to me and at 38 the man is overage.

Besides that's an illegitimate question. So why have limits for anything

There must be a limit for things na otherwise how do we define anything

But I didn't say there shouldn't be limit. I only asked why those should be the perfect limits.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by WildChild00(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

Lol, they are uncountable..maybe you should go for another chick

If u say so....
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by midnighter(f): 7:33pm On Nov 22, 2019
djoe21:

But I didn't say there shouldn't be limit. I only asked why those should be the perfect limits.

Okay. I've now explained the limits
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 22, 2019
This post is for ladies alone, gentlemen back off gently

Ladies, is time.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by lebete3000: 7:52pm On Nov 22, 2019
yazga:
On Monday I read a post asking women if they could marry a 29yr old man earning 60k a month which translates to 720k a year.

Whether the ladies were pretending with their replies or not, The responses were really interesting to read. Its nice to see that there are still reasonable women here who don't dance around in fantasyland and are keen on working together while looking ahead.

A woman who knows how to take a little and make it work is priceless. A trait I thought was lost with the generation of our mothers.

Apparently I was wrong and such women who are great at managing limited resources still exist

What caught my attention however, was the fact that more than half the women said the salary was ok but they couldn't marry any man under 33. I snooped around to try and see if anybody gave a logical reason for this conclusion but couldn't find any

So I want to ask officially. What's wrong with a man under 33?

If he makes you happy, and he is ready to spend the rest of his life with you what's the problem with his age that would be a hindrance?
Or could it be that you are older so like the typical

Nigerian woman you can't marry a younger man?
Is it possible that a man can tick all the right boxes on your list of an ideal man but you turn him down cuz of age?

Please ladies share your thoughts on this with us. We want to know oh

Dey there dey dull yourself, until 19yr old boy go fvck your 33 yr old wife taya...

Women respond to confidence as men do to hips irrespective of her age and vice-versa...

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by hakunamatata00(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
The lady na 33yrs old be that lobatan
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 7:53pm On Nov 22, 2019
Ladies are the cause of Nigeria problem
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by austinofex(m): 7:55pm On Nov 22, 2019
I would say age is not a dependent on marriage, a guy can be less than 33years and his mature enough to handle responsibility I believe such person can get married, I would rather say, as far he can handle responsibility, that makes he a mature man for marriage.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by KingRabota: 7:56pm On Nov 22, 2019
Nne eeeh
This your analysis is BULLSEYE ACCURATE

pocohantas:
Nothing is wrong with a man U-33, but I will tell you the advantage of an above 33 man or what most ladies look out for in them (and older men in general)

1. Financial stability: I put this first because it is (one of) the most importantant attraction. If you are old without money, one would wonder what you were doing in your youth.

2. Emotional maturity: The average woman is more emotionally mature than a guy her age. She has to look further to find a balance- MOST times. A guy has all the time to be stupid and if he decides to be stupid for life, there will be a woman for him. Women have to get sense on time, she has a biological clock to watch and most men do not have that fix-it mentality.

3. Older guys are more chilled: Age, experience and more money to their pockets has taught them to take life jeje. They don't get angry unnecessarily over petty issues like younger guys who see everything as a bruise on their fragile egos.

4. They are more caring, maybe fascinated by your juvenile displays. Those things you will do and make the younger guy go all red-pilled, the older guy will tell you sorry, make you carry your wahala dey go. He looks at you at as a child, with that smile on his face.

5. They are most times not scared of looking weak or not in control. Unlike younger guys who seek validation of their fellow younglings, an older guys is a man all by himself. But don't mistake this for stupidity, he is very well watching and calculating.

6. If you really wanna tap into wealth of experience/knowledge, then an older guy is your best bet. They witnessed Abacha's regime with clear eyes, they saw Yakubu miss that goal- he is like your History teacher. Also, his friends will most likely be his age group, some of their gfs would even be older than you- that is if you are really young. Except you are a bimbo, you will be on your toes to upgrade, that way you don't look stupid at their hangouts grin. I can't say the same thing for younger guys who just sit around and talk about ASUU strike.

7. Oh! Their voice! It gets deeper and subtly assertive as they age. When they talk, they exude this confidence and masculinity. It isn't forced, read off a book or some alfa male code. You just can't miss it.

...etc

There are exceptions, but on the average, there is really no comparison. We get finer with age, all things being equal.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Josephamstrong1(m): 7:57pm On Nov 22, 2019
Watch it when a girl goes for older men. She wants a father. Someone who's already established, ready to pamper her while overlooking her excesses. And they think it's life. Hey, economy to bad! Get your lazy ass and work. He can't pamper you forever. Marry a man of your youth.

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by cococandy(f): 7:59pm On Nov 22, 2019
They are usually immature.( generalization I know)

But you might get lucky and find one who isn’t.

Sometimes Even the ones who come across at first as mature “for a guy of their age”, in the long run they show their immaturity as well.

Case in point? Assess the reasoning level of NL males. The kinds of topics they create, the kinds of comments they post, their affinity for malicious trolling and etc etc.

you don’t need anyone to tell you why.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:
33-37 is perfect marriageable age for a man
The right ime 4 a man to marry is when his Kokoro starts bragging lipsrsealed
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by eleojo23: 8:00pm On Nov 22, 2019
grossintel:
I'm 26 and marriage is so much on my mind right now, I live in a family apartment, earn a decent income. My girlfriend doesn't live with me until we're married and I completely understand. It's not about religion but mindset, you marry when you feel you're ready, I'm ready to settle down with a life partner, but I'm not ready for kids smashing my TV or dragging my ps4 with me. Those are two different things, so maybe I'll be ready for that at 35

This...grin

2 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Nov 22, 2019
midnighter:

Too young
no one is too young. you are old enough when ready. there are many above 40yrs old fool nowadays
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by DMerciful(m): 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2019
A man shouldn't marry so late. There are things better done during your youth. If you say 50yrs, why not 60 or even 70! undecided
lilwetdick:

when you start calculating your age and the age your children will be, i think it is a recipe for disaster, that is desperation.

i think a man need to prepare himself financially, mentally and emotionally and also select a good woman to have a good marriage instead of calculating his age and future kids age. nothing bad if as a man you get married at 50 years, if you take care of yourself, you will see the prime of your
future children.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Tigerrrr(m): 8:04pm On Nov 22, 2019
vincentjk:
Maybe they've their reasons of saying that. As for me, my bestfriend told me she would marry someone younger than her long as they love one another.

She's 4years older than me thou and i think i'll consider working something out with her when the time comes (if she's still single) she's a homely girl and has respect.

Any problem marrying someone who has been your best friend and you two have know each other so well for years?
that's the best.

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
olabrinks:
I married at 23 and my husband is well into his 30s. I think it’s the best. Men before 30 are mostly not ready for responsibility
exactly what i am saying nau.a 23 yr old lady in nigeria would find it difficult to settle down with a guy of 24 cos at that time the guy would be hustling and trying to settle down to life hence she would go for a guy who is much older.
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Alexaonfleek: 8:05pm On Nov 22, 2019
I can't speak for other girls,but I personally have romantic interests in guys who are usually way older than me.

As for the topic,guys in their 30s are usually more mature than those in their 20s,tho there are exceptions.

3 Likes

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 22, 2019
pocohantas:
Nothing is wrong with a man U-33, but I will tell you the advantage of an above 33 man or what most ladies look out for in them (and older men in general)

1. Financial stability: I put this first because it is (one of) the most importantant attraction. If you are old without money, one would wonder what you were doing in your youth.

2. Emotional maturity: The average woman is more emotionally mature than a guy her age. She has to look further to find a balance- MOST times. A guy has all the time to be stupid and if he decides to be stupid for life, there will be a woman for him. Women have to get sense on time, she has a biological clock to watch and most men do not have that fix-it mentality.

3. Older guys are more chilled: Age, experience and more money to their pockets has taught them to take life jeje. They don't get angry unnecessarily over petty issues like younger guys who see everything as a bruise on their fragile egos.

4. They are more caring, maybe fascinated by your juvenile displays. Those things you will do and make the younger guy go all red-pilled, the older guy will tell you sorry, make you carry your wahala dey go. He looks at you at as a child, with that smile on his face.

5. They are most times not scared of looking weak or not in control. Unlike younger guys who seek validation of their fellow younglings, an older guys is a man all by himself. But don't mistake this for stupidity, he is very well watching and calculating.

6. If you really wanna tap into wealth of experience/knowledge, then an older guy is your best bet. They witnessed Abacha's regime with clear eyes, they saw Yakubu miss that goal- he is like your History teacher. Also, his friends will most likely be his age group, some of their gfs would even be older than you- that is if you are really young. Except you are a bimbo, you will be on your toes to upgrade, that way you don't look stupid at their hangouts grin. I can't say the same thing for younger guys who just sit around and talk about ASUU strike.

7. Oh! Their voice! It gets deeper and subtly assertive as they age. When they talk, they exude this confidence and masculinity. It isn't forced, read off a book or some alfa male code. You just can't miss it.

...etc

There are exceptions, but on the average, there is really no comparison. We get finer with age, all things being equal.
almost everything here don't come with age. there are 20yrs old people with maturity of 50yrs . some people will still not mature even at 80

1 Like

Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Ugosample(m): 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2019
lilwetdick:
because they believe that he doesnt have the financial capability to take care of them, also he might not be ready for marriage

as a man grows in age so his financial capabilities and stability

many men younger than 33 in Nigeria are still finding their career and financial path, some are still exploring. some young men might see their finances improve at age 21 while most men will see their finances improves at age 33 and as they get older and mature

it is easier for women to date someone at 33 or above because she believes he is stable, serious for marriage and financially ready.

correct answer

It's more of financial security
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by Ugosample(m): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2019
pocohantas:

...etc

interesting

I only agree with number 1 and 5 tho
Re: What's Wrong With A Man Under 33? by DMerciful(m): 8:10pm On Nov 22, 2019
You called it a stupid question with your first response. The bible said grievous words stir up anger!
Fountainofyouth:

I did, but you wouldn't stop with the rants so I had to reply, so you can as well desist from quoting me OK, adios.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"Wedding Is Not Expensive": Nigerian Man Shares Photos From His Private Wedding / Turkish Soldier Proposes To Girlfriend During Oath Ceremony; Generals Applaud / Can You Do This On A First Date? (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.