Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,477 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North (10598 Views)

Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 3:59pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

Amingafar, your case is pathetic. An Igala man trying do hard to be a Northerner. Lol there is nothing northern about u except the stupiidity u are displaying for all to see. The Middlebelt needed the split coz they are not core-northern people. If not for the Brits trying to add numbers and land mass for core-north the most parts of Middle especially Benue, Plateau areas should be classfied as southern or eastern.

they are chrstians what do expect? and plateau is not eastern dont over step your boundary as usual ibo want to claim everyone.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:04pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

you still don't understand the politics. if you have read some of my comments on other thread, you will see that GJ will not win without RIGGING and that is what the Northerners and Swesterners have come to terms with. my reason are

1) the north and middle belt will not vote for GJ whether you like it or not (what unites them is islam and fulani blood that also includes yoruba blood)

2) the SW will not vote for anyone other than their own (they do not care about the country. they are politically independent and OBJ was forced down their throats)

3) now you have only the SS and SE states (i would advice you to exclude ondo and edo states because ACN would win those states), which is a combination of 5 states(se) and i think 3-5 states ( ss). with that number of states, it is impossible to win the election. if you notice, the northerners on this forum have said it time and time again that GJ will rig it if he is to win.

so from a political point of view, the ohanaeze move was a bad one. but from a relationship and cultural point of view, it was a master stroke (assuming they(ss) are not just using Ndigbo votes for more political relevance and independence from the North).

all in all, lets see how 2011 would be like.

you are quite right I do not think people see that islam is what unifies the north; How many times do I have to say it among muslims there is high mixing if my both my paraents are mixed with fulani how is it possible that i not identify with both? that is why I identify as a muslim northerner
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2010
IBB is Gwari mixed with fulani is he not a northerner and a muslim?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

IBB is Gwari mixed with fulani is he not a northerner and a muslim?

no he is not!!! thats why he would not be chosen as the candidate that represent the north!. the same goes for bukola saraki
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

no he is not!!! thats why he would not be chosen as the candidate that represent the north!. the same goes for bukola saraki

if hes not then why is he at the forefront as one of the leading candidates in the north and south.

The SE has even excepted him as a northerner.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2010
Amingafar, plenty of Yoruba are mixed with various things. Yet they still view themselves as Yoruba. You on the other hand are Igala, yet act more like a Northerner than the Hausa-Fulani sef.

You do realize your own Igala language is classified as Yoruboid? If anything, Igala are cousins to Yoruba and are thus southerners. Ya'll need to wake up. You are NOT northerners, you'll get the Saraki treatment.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

if hes not then why is he at the forefront as one of the leading candidates in the north and south.

The SE has even excepted him as a northerner.
i can bet that he will not be picked over atiku. you have to understand that he is not seen as a  core northerner.so as you undecided
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:18pm On Nov 21, 2010
DapoBear:

Amingafar, plenty of Yoruba are mixed with various things. Yet they still view themselves as Yoruba. You on the other hand are Igala, yet act more like a Northerner than the Hausa-Fulani sef.

You do realize your own Igala language is classified as Yoruboid? If anything, Igala are cousins to Yoruba and are thus southerners. Ya'll need to wake up. You are NOT northerners, you'll get the Saraki treatment.

mr dapo Im not acting like hausa-fulani Im a muslim northerner has nothing to do with hausa or fulani but islam.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

i can bet that he will not be picked over atiku. you have to understand that he is not seen as a core northerner.so as you undecided

IBB has been president already that will be the reason he will lose to anyother canidate.

and stop saying core northerner southerners are too tribalistic call me a muslim cause I choose to be a muslim even if you say im for the middle belt I am none the less a middle belter who is muslim and chooses to identify with religion over tribe and region.

You southerners are not good christians
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:23pm On Nov 21, 2010
@amingafar: Did the north itself invent Islam? What allegiance do you owe to Usman Dan Fodio and his heirs? Did he invent Islam, your religion?

"The North" as a concept is not about religion alone, it is about Dan Fodio's heirs using religion to dominate a large territory of land that is not their own.

It boggles my mind that you would be complicit in that. You are a Muslim Igala, not a Muslim Northerner.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:24pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

IBB has been president already that will be the reason he will lose to anyother canidate.

and stop saying core northerner southerners are too tribalistic call me a muslim cause I choose to be a muslim even if you say im for the middle belt I am none the less a middle belter who is muslim and chooses to identify with religion over tribe and region.

You southerners are not good christians

IBB WAS A MILITARY PRESIDENT. that is, he became the president through a coup!

secondly

bro, i apologise if it sounds like i am forcing you. i am just looking at it from a neutral point of view. anyway, i have said earlier, it depends on which culture you have affinity with. do not let any one force you to believe otherwise.  wink
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:26pm On Nov 21, 2010
DapoBear:

@amingafar: Did the north itself invent Islam? What allegiance do you owe to Usman Dan Fodio and his heirs? Did he invent Islam, your religion?

"The North" as a concept is not about religion alone, it is about Dan Fodio's heirs using religion to dominate a large territory of land that is not their own.

It boggles my mind that you would be complicit in that. You are a Muslim Igala, not a Muslim Northerner.

did I say I will only vote for hausa fulani? NO I said I will only vote for a muslim

call me igala call me middle belter My vote will still go to a muslims all day everyday anyday.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:29pm On Nov 21, 2010
this is not to confuse the issue cause not all beilieve they way I do

There are fulanis who call themselves Owe-yoruba and etc. There are hausas that call themselves Igalas and their are Igalas who intermarried with yoruba and see themselves more a yoruba.

What I am sayin it is it wrong to identify with tribes THAT IS WHY I IDENTIFY WITH RELIGION.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

this is not to confuse the issue cause not all beilieve they way I do

There are fulanis who call themselves Owe-yoruba and etc. There are hausas that call themselves Igalas and their are Igalas who intermarried with yoruba and see themselves more a yoruba.

What I am sayin it is it wrong to identify with tribes THAT IS WHY I IDENTIFY WITH RELIGION.
you fail to mention the igalas and igbos undecided wink
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:31pm On Nov 21, 2010
See, this is the problem I have with you, amingafar. Me, I am a Christian. One of my good friends here is a Muslim from Iran. Yet despite his religious beliefs, he identifies with country and ethnicity over religion. I.e., he will support a Christian Persian or a Zoroastrian Persian or even an atheist Persian over an Arab (as you know, Persians and Arabs have been rivals for a long time.)

I could understand if you supported "The North" due to cultural affinity. But the only thing you share with them is religion. Yet we have plenty of Muslims in the south. So why does "North=Islam" for you? How can you conflate your religion with a piece of land, or an ethnicity that is not your own?

amingafar:

did I say I will only vote for hausa fulani? NO I said I will only vote for a muslim

call me igala call me middle belter My vote will still go to a muslims all day everyday anyday.

That is fine. Vote for Muslim, I have no problem with that. But you need to stop conflating Muslim=North in your mind. It is a lie. You are a Muslim middle-belter, a Muslim Igala. Just because you are Muslim does not mean you are a Northerner.

Your language and your blood sef is much closer to Yoruba than to any of the Northern groups.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

you fail to mention the igalas and igbos undecided wink

yes sorry igala and ibos aswell as estakos, ishans and binis
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

What I am sayin it is it wrong to identify with tribes

Why?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Abagworo(m): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2010
I don't like how tribalistic southerners are.An Igala man is a Northerner while an Anambra man is a Southerner.That is how it has always been.Igalas are related to Igbos no doubt but they are northerners.Yakubu Gowon is a Northerner.IBB is a northerner.Saraki is a northerner,David Mark is a Northerner.There is no state that is purely Hausa or Fulani.Definition of "core north" is almost impossible.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
DapoBear:

See, this is the problem I have with you, amingafar. Me, I am a Christian. One of my good friends here is a Muslim from Iran. Yet despite his religious beliefs, he identifies with country and ethnicity over religion. I.e., he will support a Christian Persian or a Zoroastrian Persian or even an atheist Persian over an Arab (as you know, Persians and Arabs have been rivals for a long time.)

I could understand if you supported "The North" due to cultural affinity. But the only thing you share with them is religion. Yet we have plenty of Muslims in the south. So why does "North=Islam" for you? How can you conflate your religion with a piece of land, or an ethnicity that is not your own?
That is fine. Vote for Muslim, I have no problem with that. But you need to stop conflating Muslim=North in your mind. It is a lie. You are a Muslim middle-belter, a Muslim Igala. Just because you are Muslim does not mean you are a Northerner.

Your language and your blood sef is much closer to Yoruba than to any of the Northern groups.

no YOU SAID north = islam I said I would vote for a southern muslim. you are the confusing the ideas

DapoBear:

Why?

that is why the white man has divided you people
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:36pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo:

I don't like how tribalistic southerners are.An Igala man is a Northerner while an Anambra man is a Southerner.That is how it has always been.Igalas are related to Igbos no doubt but they are northerners.Yakubu Gowon is a Northerner.IBB is a northerner.Saraki is a northerner,David Mark is a Northerner.There is no state that is purely Hausa or Fulani.Definition of "core north" is almost impossible.

you are wrong

can't you see he is just  saying that for his personal ambition
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

no YOU SAID north = islam I said I would vote for a southern muslim. you are the confusing the ideas

were we ever united
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2010
amingafar:

Which white man? Why is it always blaming the white man? The white man has nothing to do with which group you choose to identify with. Look, me personally, I have 2 or 3 separate and different identities. Christian. Yoruba. American. Nigerian. Student, etc. I'm comfortable with all of them. I don't need to wrap them all up into one (e.g., "Southerner."wink

You on the other hand want to DEEMPHASIZE your ethnicity, your origins, your ancestry and just blindly claim "The North." When "The North" itself was a tool and idea invented to consolidate the power of Usman Dan Fodio and his heirs over YOUR land!

It really makes no sense to me. How can someone embrace an identify assigned to them by a conqueror and his heirs?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2010
and dapa stop tgelling my language is igala and that im close to yoruba

I said my grandfather is from ankpa my grandmother is from kabba and my mother is from bida so I told you i dont identify as igala.

see people tryin to force it down my throat.

do anpka people look like they identify with ibos or yorubas. you people are annoying
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by amingafar(m): 4:48pm On Nov 21, 2010
pls big mouths come and answer
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 4:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
I feed bad for you. There is nothing sadder on the face of the earth than a man who has forgotten his origins and has taken up a false one.

In Yorubaland, even if a man becomes a Hindu he will not forget his culture or his people, and then claim to be Indian just because he became Hindu. Yoruba Muslims don't claim to be Northerners (except for certain fools like Saraki, who was rejected by them.)

No longer Igala, just a Northerner. Very sad.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Abagworo(m): 5:04pm On Nov 21, 2010
@dapobear you seem to conflict yourself with two different things.There is a difference between ethnic affiliations and regional affiliations.North is not an ethnic group.There is a town known as Obigbo in Rivers State and another known as Obohia in Abia State.They belong to thesame Ndoki Igbo ethnic group but are in different zones.The Obigbo man is affiliated with South-south while the Obohia man is Southeast.Some Igala people are Southerners just like I posted earlier.The Igalas in Anambra are Southeasterners.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by DapoBear(m): 5:07pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo:

@dapobear you seem to conflict yourself with two different things.There is a difference between ethnic affiliations and regional affiliations.North is not an ethnic group.There is a town known as Obigbo in Rivers State and another known as Obohia in Abia State.They belong to thesame Ndoki Igbo ethnic group but are in different zones.The Obigbo man is affiliated with South-south while the Obohia man is Southeast.Some Igala people are Southerners just like I posted earlier.The Igalas in Anambra are Southeasterners.

I understand that. But he himself has rejected his ethnicity for a regional affiliation (carefully read his post with the picture in it, as well as some of his previous posts for his rationale [primarily religious].)
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by udezue(m): 5:50pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo is trying too hard to not banned for being a tribalist. Lol

Agingafar is an Igala who's trying so hard to claim Hausa-fulani. Religion has nothing to do with this after all there are Hausa xtians yet they don't claim Igbo or Southern. There are Yoruba and Edo xtian yet they don't claim Hausa-fulani or North. The child is ashamed of his Igala identity and is an opportunist. He sees the core-North as powerful hence he wants to claim them to feel relevant. Give him a few years or even months the kid will claim Anambra state sef.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Abagworo(m): 6:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

Abagworo is trying too hard to not banned for being a tribalist. Lol

Agingafar is an Igala who's trying so hard to claim Hausa-fulani. Religion has nothing to do with this after all there are Hausa xtians yet they don't claim Igbo or Southern. There are Yoruba and Edo xtian yet they don't claim Hausa-fulani or North. The child is ashamed of his Igala identity and is an opportunist. He sees the core-North as powerful hence he wants to claim them to feel relevant. Give him a few years or even months the kid will claim Anambra state sef.

If we go by you peoples logic then there are no Igbos in the South-South.Define core North for me and tell me why Igala is not North.Or is your definition of North just Hausa/Fulani.

Its quite annoying when people try to equate region with ethnic group.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by gafaramin: 6:24pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo:

If we go by you peoples logic then there are no Igbos in the South-South.Define core North for me and tell me why Igala is not North.Or is your definition of North just Hausa/Fulani.

Its quite annoying when people try to equate region with ethnic group.

he will not answer you bcuz he is a hypocrite.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by gafaramin: 6:27pm On Nov 21, 2010
There is no where in my post I claim hausa-fulani I said I am muslim and will vote for a muslim.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by rhymz(m): 7:30pm On Nov 21, 2010
Quite interesting views,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Defeating Gej On Reno Omokiri's Buildup Nigeria Polls / Pdp Must Not Die In Your Hands – Anenih Tells Sheriff / Gov. Ugwuanyi Directs Fixing Of Potholes, Traffic Lights, Asphalting (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.