Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North (10605 Views)

Tinubu Under Security Watch Over Alleged Plot Against Buhari / PDP Crisis: Party Leaders Plot Change Of Name, Merger With Smaller Parties / APC Has No Igbo Agenda. We 'll Vote For Jonathan-ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by udezue(m): 8:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
Abagworo, ur brain must be very tiny. Are Anioma, Ikwerre, Eche, Aro, non Igbo? They are clearly igbo in SS. We know the non Igbo who are Ijaw, Ibibio, Ogoni, Urhobo so ur write up makes no sense. Igala is not Hausa-Fulani. Igala and Idoma ppl aren't Northerners just like Benue state Igbos aren't Northerners. They are falsely termed Northerners to benefit Hausa, Fulani who want to snatch up every piece of land they can find in the middlebelt. The Beroms are definitely feeling that effect.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth calls himself a strategic thinker but keeps making school boy errors all the time.

I bet you onlytruth you are yet to understand the History of Ndigbo and its place Nigeria's geopolitics. You say your life aspiration is to be an Igbo leader and I hope that someday you will come to the realization of what I am telling you.

Please do us a favour. Stop announcing whatever plan you think you are hatching against some sections of the country on the internet because not only will they fail they will also put others on unnecessary alert.

Now listen and listen to me carefully. Those who maligned Ndigbo are currently struggling and will continue to struggle for a simply reason. We live in the digital, the lies and innuendoes that sustained the maltreatment of Ndigbo in Nigeria geopolitics was always going to strugle.  We live in an age when information are readily available to all who want to know and folks are able to make up their own minds on issues and events.
This is the plain fact and has nothing to do with any ridiculous letter written by Jonathan to anybody.

So what do we do as a people? Do we exploit the times we live, build bridges and enter new frontiers? Project our values into the mainstream of politics and promote our aspirations so that all Nigerians can see that what we yearn for can actually benefit all Nigerians Igbos & non-Igbos alike?
OR should we experiment on the tried and tired tactics of our detractors which is based on divide and rule, connivance, calculations and self-defeating clandestine motives. You seem to prefer the later.

You see the future of politics both in Nigeria and elsewhere will be dominated by those courageous enough to stand up for some universal truths that more people can Identify with or at least those willing to stand up for half-truths. To engage in outright lies and self defeating calculations is simply boneheaded.

So telling me that you have no other reason to support Jonathan than because you want to purnish the North is simply childish as it is self defeating. It is even more shameful that you have the audacity to announce it on the internet. Honestly if we want to look through the prism of the civil war to choose our next Presidential Candidate then we have a duty to either support only a true Igbo or an Ibibio or Efik. (I don't think I need to explain to you why this is the case).

All I will say to you is, if you think Jonathan Goodluck is the most qualified candidate then kindly campaign for him on that basis. But on the sentiments front, your choice of politics does not add up and is in no way strategic as much as you may like to think it is.

I have a food for though for you. Why did US grudgingly prefer to make friends with Russia eventhough their traditional ally Georgia was on the cross-line of fire from Russia. It is simple, they realise that it is more strategic to maintain a healthy relationship with both Russia and Georgia.
The South South and South East alone forming some special alliance that maligns other parts of the country is not one bit strategic because the numbers simply do not add up. We are better off forming alliance with South South and yet maintain  healthy relationship with some Northern or SouthWestern elements too.

Which is why I say if you consider Jonathan the best candidate say so. Tell us about his PhD, tell us that he is young, you can even tell us about how handsome he is. But leave tribalism or politics of we against them from it. Because it is self defeating.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

Abagworo, your brain must be very tiny. Are Anioma, Ikwerre, Eche, Aro, non Igbo? They are clearly igbo in SS. We know the non Igbo who are Ijaw, Ibibio, Ogoni, Urhobo so your write up makes no sense. Igala is not Hausa-Fulani. Igala and Idoma ppl aren't Northerners just like Benue state Igbos aren't Northerners. They are falsely termed Northerners to benefit Hausa, Fulani who want to snatch up every piece of land they can find in the middlebelt. The Beroms are definitely feeling that effect.

I thought being a Northerner was based on Geography and not tribe?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On Nov 21, 2010
udezue:

Abagworo, your brain must be very tiny. Are Anioma, Ikwerre, Eche, Aro, non Igbo? They are clearly igbo in SS. We know the non Igbo who are Ijaw, Ibibio, Ogoni, Urhobo so your write up makes no sense. Igala is not Hausa-Fulani. Igala and Idoma ppl aren't Northerners just like Benue state Igbos aren't Northerners. They are falsely termed Northerners to benefit Hausa, Fulani who want to snatch up every piece of land they can find in the middlebelt. The Beroms are definitely feeling that effect.

You are the one having issues with yourself.I told you that Igalas are Northerners while some of them in Anambra are Southeasterners.I never said they are Hausa or Fulani.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 21, 2010
This is no time to regret or condemn the democratic or republican nature of Ndigbo, I think we should rather promote and export it to other parts of the country.

That is how the civilised world built their countries. By promoting the right of dissident voices around the world not shutting the dissident voices in their midst.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Onlytruth calls himself a strategic thinker but keeps making school boy errors all the time.

I bet you onlytruth you are yet to understand the History of Ndigbo and its place Nigeria's geopolitics. You say your life aspiration is to be an Igbo leader and I hope that someday you will come to the realization of what I am telling you.

Please do us a favour. Stop announcing whatever plan you think you are hatching against some sections of the country on the internet because not only will they fail they will also put others on unnecessary alert.

Now listen and listen to me carefully. Those who maligned Ndigbo are currently struggling and will continue to struggle for a simply reason. We live in the digital, the lies and innuendoes that sustained the maltreatment of Ndigbo in Nigeria geopolitics was always going to strugle.  We live in an age when information are readily available to all who want to know and folks are able to make up their own minds on issues and events.
This is the plain fact and has nothing to do with any ridiculous letter written by Jonathan to anybody.

So what do we do as a people? Do we exploit the times we live, build bridges and enter new frontiers? Project our values into the mainstream of politics and promote our aspirations so that all Nigerians can see that what we yearn for can actually benefit all Nigerians Igbos & non-Igbos alike?
OR should we experiment on the tried and tired tactics of our detractors which is based on divide and rule, connivance, calculations and self-defeating clandestine motives. You seem to prefer the later.

You see the future of politics both in Nigeria and elsewhere will be dominated by those courageous enough to stand up for some universal truths that more people can Identify with or at least those willing to stand up for half-truths. To engage in outright lies and self defeating calculations is simply boneheaded.

So telling me that you have no other reason to support Jonathan than because you want to purnish the North is simply childish as it is self defeating. It is even more shameful that you have the audacity to announce it on the internet. Honestly if we want to look through the prism of the civil war to choose our next Presidential Candidate then we have a duty to either support only a true Igbo or an Ibibio or Efik. (I don't think I need to explain to you why this is the case).

All I will say to you is, if you think Jonathan Goodluck is the most qualified candidate then kindly campaign for him on that basis. But on the sentiments front, your choice of politics does not add up and is in no way strategic as much as you may like to think it is.

I have a food for though for you. Why did US grudgingly prefer to make friends with Russia eventhough their traditional ally Georgia was on the cross-line of fire from Russia. It is simple, they realise that it is more strategic to maintain a healthy relationship with both Russia and Georgia.
The South South and South East alone forming some special alliance that maligns other parts of the country is not one bit strategic because the numbers simply do not add up. We are better off forming alliance with South South and yet maintain  healthy relationship with some Northern or SouthWestern elements too.

Which is why I say if you consider Jonathan the best candidate say so. Tell us about his PhD, tell us that he is young, you can even tell us about how handsome he is. But leave tribalism or politics of we against them from it. Because it is self defeating.

this is one of the most mature and REALISTIC post i have seen on this thread.

onlytruth, you should learn from your brother. he is simply tell you the reality.

i repeat,

1) the north and Mb would vote for themselves (thus having more states)
2) the SW, ondo and edo would vote for themselves (ACN)

Gj will not win without rigging it.

onlytruth, you have to be strategic and leave sentiments out of politics. instead, deal with the reality on ground. if GJ does not win, how would ohanaeze demand something from the new president knowing full well that he is hated by ohanaeze (based on your strategy of just supporting GJ because he is your neighbour)?

LETS SEE 2011!!!
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ mikeansy

You are really getting desperate and have started to throw things hoping that something sticks!

Listen, you are too selfish and too self centered to see anything. Strategic thinking is not for selfish people. You should be able to see outside of your immediate needs to really see the big picture. By selfishness I mean you must be angling for some personal gain, that is why you are hustling to throw your people and their regional interests under the bus.

So what do you think Jonathan has been trying to do since he declared his interest to run? You talk about Nigerian politics as if it is some kind of holy grail; when was the last time an election was free and fair in Nigeria? You talk about divide and rule; who has been dividing and ruling since 1960?
You really sound so retarded! shocked shocked shocked

While you are here yapping, just watch, the same people will strike a deal with Jonathan and even vote for him when they see that they have no choice, because frankly, Nigerian presidency was made powerful by the same people to enable them toy with Nigeria as they deem fit.

So how do you come here preaching some sanctimonious crap about decorum:

Let me tell you, TRUTH HAS EVADED NIGERIA since 1966 and will remain so until someone from OUTSIDE the group of liars comes in to reinstate it. As we speak, you do not know Nigeria's real population and its distribution.

You've been told that the north is more in number, but I know that in one of the previous elections, Ojukwu (inspite of his poor image in Nigeria) came almost second! I bet you that without rigging, he probably could have won!

You really think like a retard frankly. undecided undecided undecided shocked
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:21pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

this is one of the most mature and REALISTIC post i have seen on this thread.

onlytruth, you should learn from your brother. he is simply tell you the reality.

i repeat,

1) the north and Mb would vote for themselves (thus having more states)
2) the SW, ondo and edo would vote for themselves (ACN)

Gj will not win without rigging it.

onlytruth, you have to be strategic and leave sentiments out of politics. instead, deal with the reality on ground. if GJ does not win, how would ohanaeze demand something from the new president knowing full well that he is hated by ohanaeze (based on your strategy of just supporting GJ because he is your neighbour)?

LETS SEE 2011!!!

I never said I was sentimental. undecided undecided undecided

I am a cold strategic thinker.  Again I never said that Jonathan must win fairly. He doesn't have to. undecided undecided

If Nigerians wanted fairness, they would have designed a fair system instead of a system that masks the truth and heaps power on Aso rock.
My concern now is for Jonathan to defeat his opponents and fix some of the things wrong with Nigeria, 'cos if those things are not fixed, Nigeria will not survive. It will disintegrate. Jonathan is Nigeria's last chance to survive.

Some of the things I say here is not meant for elevated thinkers. I have to say these things because I want to rally all Ndigbo to support Jonathan come what may.  cool
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 21, 2010
^^^^^^

You can abuse me all you like but it clearly proves one thing. When you present Jonathan's supporters with a superior argument they accuse you of being selfish.

My only advice for you is that nobody has monopoly of knowledge. It is not up to you to define for me what my regional interest is.

You can make an argument of what you think it should be but you should also realise my right to oppose. It is called democracy.

All I will say to you is to grow up. Jonathan is not the best candidate in my view.  That does not mean throwing anyone under the bus. It simply means recognising my civil responsibilities. I have no plans to abdicate my civil responsibility to you or Uwechue.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 10:39pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

I am a cold strategic thinker.  Again I never said that Jonathan must win fairly. He doesn't have to. undecided undecided

If Nigerians wanted fairness, they would have designed a fair system instead of a system that masks the truth and heaps power on Aso rock.
My concern now is for Jonathan to defeat his opponents and fix some of the things wrong with Nigeria, 'cos if those things are not fixed, Nigeria will not survive. It will disintegrate. Jonathan is Nigeria's last chance to survive.

Some of the things I say here is not meant for elevated thinkers. I have to say these things because I want to rally all Ndigbo to support Jonathan come what may.  cool

Ever heard of the expression he who goes to equity must come with clean hands? You want to right the wrongs in Nigeria but you openly promote the stealing of the people's vote. So that it will be on record that when Jonathan stole the people's mandate Ohaneze openly encouraged him to do so?

Nobody expects 2011 elections to be perfect, but we all have a duty to ourselves and the Nation to at least pretend it will be perfect so that the process can be perfected.

At the rate you are going I really question the future of any organisation you lead. And folks like me will not sit back and watch thugs who think it is ok for Ohaneze to openly support Jonathan if he plans to steal the people's vote.

Folks like you must never be allowed to be the voice of Ndigbo. This is political dissaster waiting to happen.

What if those you collude with to steal 2011 elections decide not to collude with you to steal 2015 elections? Then you will hang out dry and isolated!!!!!!!!!!

If your strategic plan is based on a 4year plan, some of us are basing our Strategy on then 50years, Ndigbo need to continue being relevant at all times and it is not possible to remain relevant if our strategy is to allign with just the Ijaws and hope to rig elections. So chill you are a little boy.

This is why I say to you that what you think you seen standing, some of us have seen since sitting down.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

^^^^^^

You can abuse me all you like but it clearly proves one thing. When you present Jonathan's supporters with a superior argument they accuse you of being selfish.

My only advice for you is that nobody has monopoly of knowledge. It is not up to you to define for me what my regional interest is.

You can make an argument of what you think it should be but you should also realise my right to oppose. It is called democracy.

All I will say to you is to grow up. Jonathan is not the best candidate in my view.  That does not mean throwing anyone under the bus. It simply means recognising my civil responsibilities. I have no plans to abdicate my civil responsibility to you or Uwechue.

Hey dude!  shocked shocked angry

How do you come off sounding as if anyone is pointing a gun to your head to vote for Jonathan?  

If I didn't know better I'd probably think you are not Igbo. undecided You sound paranoid.

By all means, exercise your free choice and will. Just don't come here saying things you have NO CLUE about.
And when you want to refute an argument, do so directly. Don't come sounding retarded just to prove irrelevant cosmopolitanism.

Your type is described as those who go to a long swords war armed with daggers and then hope that the enemy is charitable enough to cut you some slack.  undecided undecided

I wouldn't follow you to that war.   undecided undecided
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 10:44pm On Nov 21, 2010
Election rigging is becoming outdated and public oppinion is shifting towards free and fair elections.

It is amazing that someone who fancies himself as a strategic thinker wants to base his strategy on a practice that most people are rejecting.

Your strategy will not last 2 election cycles mate.

Rather it will banish Ndigbo into being outcasts in Nigerian Politics. You forget that Jonathan will not be President forever. He is operating in a democracy and can only do a lot.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:48pm On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Ever heard of the expression he who goes to equity must come with clean hands? You want to right the wrongs in Nigeria but you openly promote the stealing of the people's vote. So that it will be on record that when Jonathan stole the people's mandate Ohaneze openly encouraged him to do so?

Nobody expects 2011 elections to be perfect, but we all have a duty to ourselves and the Nation to at least pretend it will be perfect so that the process can be perfected.

At the rate you are going I really question the future of any organisation you lead. And folks like me will not sit back and watch thugs who think it is ok for Ohaneze to openly support Jonathan if he plans to steal the people's vote.

Folks like you must never be allowed to be the voice of Ndigbo. This is political dissaster waiting to happen.

What if those you collude with to steal 2011 elections decide not to collude with you to steal 2015 elections? Then you will hang out dry and isolated!!!!!!!!!!

If your strategic plan is based on a 4year plan, some of us are basing our Strategy on then 50years. So chill you are a little boy.

This is why I say to you that what you think you seen standing, some of us have seen since sitting down.

grin grin grin grin grin

You give me too much credit. It is good though.  cool cool cool

For your information, I ALREADY HAVE A VOICE in Igboland.  cool cool cool

You can go on and wallow in your retarded and dodgy cosmopolitanism; just know that you are not fooling anyone.

Being a PDP member and DESPERATE for YOUR candidate from the north to win says everything about you. You are a political thug in PDP.

I am not even a member of PDP. I am an APGA man.

Nationally though, I am a GEJA supporter. Am I not entitled to support my candidate?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 10:51pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Onlytruth:

@ mikeansy

You are really getting desperate and have started to throw things hoping that something sticks!

Listen, you are too selfish and too self centered to see anything. Strategic thinking is not for selfish people. You should be able to see outside of your immediate needs to really see the big picture. By selfishness I mean you must be angling for some personal gain, that is why you are hustling to throw your people and their regional interests under the bus.

So what do you think Jonathan has been trying to do since he declared his interest to run? You talk about Nigerian politics as if it is some kind of holy grail; when was the last time an election was free and fair in Nigeria? You talk about divide and rule; who has been dividing and ruling since 1960?
You really sound so retarded! shocked shocked shocked

While you are here yapping, just watch, the same people will strike a deal with Jonathan and even vote for him when they see that they have no choice, because frankly, Nigerian presidency was made powerful by the same people to enable them toy with Nigeria as they deem fit.

So how do you come here preaching some sanctimonious crap about decorum:

Let me tell you, TRUTH HAS EVADED NIGERIA since 1966 and will remain so until someone from OUTSIDE the group of liars comes in to reinstate it. As we speak, you do not know Nigeria's real population and its distribution.

You've been told that the north is more in number, but I know that in one of the previous elections, Ojukwu (inspite of his poor image in Nigeria) came almost second! I bet you that without rigging, he probably could have won!

You really think like a retard frankly. undecided undecided undecided shocked

don't you see any irony??
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

Election rigging is becoming outdated and public oppinion is shifting towards free and fair elections.

It is amazing that someone who fancies himself as a strategic thinker wants to base his strategy on a practice that most people are rejecting.

Your strategy will not last 2 election cycles mate.

Rather it will banish Ndigbo into being outcasts in Nigerian Politics. You forget that Jonathan will not be President forever. He is operating in a democracy and can only do a lot.

You are really naive. undecided

Your party PDP is known for a lot of things, and free and fair elections is not one of them.  cool

Nobody will banish Ndigbo if we follow this game to the end. cool
We need things in Nigeria and those things have been denied us for 40 years. If Jonathan will give us those things, I will support him and let the chips fall where they may.

You really sound retarded honestly.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by udezue(m): 10:52pm On Nov 21, 2010
Mike, man the 4k ids ur problem? If u don't want Jonathan go to poll and vote some1else please. Is anyone forcing to vote for Jonathan? Its funny how our enemies who enjoyed the division btwn Easterners are now the ones warning us that supporting a non-Igbo from the South won't be a good idea yet they have thrived in creating a crazy idea of Igbo not respecting or supporting non-Igbos of Midwest and East.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 10:54pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

don't you see any irony??

Nigeria's second name is irony. If not so, how come the least educated part of the country has ruled more than the most educated?
How come we have more population in the desert than we have in the rain forests? Where else in the world are things done like they are done in Nigeria?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

Nigeria's second name is irony. If not so, h[b]ow come the least educated part of the country has ruled more than the most educated?[/b]
How come we have more population in the desert than we have in the rain forests? Where else in the world are things done like they are done in Nigeria?

because those were military coups undecided.

in a democratic setup, i think you should be able to see it from mikeansy's point of view. what if GJ does not win the primaries or the election? don't you think Ndigbo would be marginalised politically?? don't you think there would be no bases for the agitation of an igbo president? did you not take into account that any deal with GJ can be jettisoned (if zoning can)? did you not take into account that his letter and any deal, is all politics? cool cool cool
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by udezue(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2010
@Abagworo, geographically Igala and Idoma including the Tiv are not Northerners. Yoruba ppl in Kwara are not Norherners either. Their land just simply got carved to the North to increase their desert population. Culturally Idoma and Igala are not northerners.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2010
@ onlytruth

the reasons stated above is the reason why i said you are looking at it from a sentimental point of view not political.pls, no insults. lets have an intelligent discussion
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 11:05pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

because those were military coups undecided.

in a democratic setup, i think you should be able to see it from mikeansy's point of view. what if GJ does not win the primaries or the election? don't you think Ndigbo would be marginalised politically?? don't you think there would be no bases for the agitation of an igbo president? did you not take into account that any deal with GJ can be jettisoned (if zoning can)? did you not take into account that his letter and any deal, is all politics? cool cool cool

And why are you so concerned about Igbo political fortunes in Nigeria?
Why is this Igbo support of Jonathan troubling you so much?

Believe me, any smart Igbo can see through your fake love.
If Jonathan loses, then so be it! We are still Nigerians aren't we? We will still present one of us (Easterners) again in 2015. QED.  cool cool
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 11:07pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

@ onlytruth

the reasons stated above is the reason why i said you are looking at it from a sentimental point of view not political.pls, no insults. lets have an intelligent discussion

Believe me, I am not an emotional thinker. Not by a loooooooooooog shot.

I am merely taking a strategic (regional ) perspective.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are really naive. undecided

Your party PDP is known for a lot of things, and free and fair elections is not one of them.  cool

Nobody will banish Ndigbo if we follow this game to the end. cool
We need things in Nigeria and those things have been denied us for 40 years. If Jonathan will give us those things, I will support him and let the chips fall where they may.

You really sound retarded honestly.  

You are the retarded one.

You are also half smart trust me.

Obasanjo was President for 8years, Does Ogun State look significantly different from the rest of Nigeria?
Yar'adua was President for 3years, Does Katsina look significantly differently from the rest of Nigeria?

You are over-estimating what Jonathan or any other President can actually do for you. This is a democracy where most projects by the Presidency will need NASS approval. So Jonathan Goodluck will not break the CBN and move all the money to the South East in the middle of night.

And trust me you will never understand Nigeria's politics by sitting in America. Come back home and you will understand that your alliances are not as black and white as you think they are. Don't sit in America, formulate ridiculous political ideas, assume you know and try to bully others to accept it.

Stop abusing me, it makes you look cheap. BTW you can not also bully me, I doubt you may be able to speak to me in real life if we are in the same room because you sound like a small boy. Don't be a voice for Ndigbo in New York, Texas,etc. It is no use standing for folks abroad who don't need your services. Come back home and do your North vs South Politics.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 11:10pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

If Jonathan loses, so be it! We are still Nigerians aren't we? We will still present one of us (Easterners) again in 2015. QED.  cool cool

sorry, but i thought this was a forum for NIGERIANS not just igbos. what affects igbos affects any nigerian. anyway, i'll stop posting on this thread. btw, i don't have fake love for Ndigbo wink. and i have said, " stop this "us" vs "them" mentality. it is very bad to distance yourself from every one.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 11:11pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

sorry, but i thought this was a forum for NIGERIANS not just igbos. what affects igbos affects any nigerian. anyway, i'll stop posting on this thread. btw, i don't have fake love for Ndigbo wink. and i have said, " stop this "us" vs "them" mentality. it is very bad to distance yourself from every one.

There is no us vs them attitude. There is a "we can too" attitude though.  cool
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Beaf: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

@ onlytruth

And when did politics become a logical game? Politics is about society, how individuals and groups key in to make changes. Society is 50% sentiment, any politician that hits the wrong note is doomed.

In this argument, I side entirely with OnlyTruth and Uduzue. Their ideas are practical and will appeal to the man on the street; but above all, they are contributing intelligently and solidly to a SE - SS rapport; something that should have come naturally, but has been missing due to past missteps. We have always been easy pickings for the core North, in this dispensation, the tables must turn and we must sieze our right and stand our ground.

. . .He that pays the piper disctates the tune, anything short of that is abnormal.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

I hope the Eastern minorities are reading you.
. and what is that suppose to mean?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 11:15pm On Nov 21, 2010
Beaf:

And when did politics become a logical game? Politics is about society, how individuals and groups key in to make changes. Society is 50% sentiment, any politician that hits the wrong note is doomed.

In this argument, I side entirely with OnlyTruth and Uduzue. Their ideas are practical and will appeal to the man on the street; but above all, they are contributing intelligently and solidly to a SE - SS rapport; something that should have come naturally, but has been missing due to past missteps. We have always been easy pickings for the core North, in this dispensation, the tables must turn and we must sieze our right and stand our ground.

. . .He that pays the piper disctates the tune, anything short of that is abnormal.

and you think that is about to stop with the new-found bond?
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 11:16pm On Nov 21, 2010
mikeansy:

You are the retarded one.

You are also half smart trust me.

Obasanjo was President for 8years, Does Ogun State look significantly different from the rest of Nigeria?
Yar'adua was President for 3years, Does Katsina look significantly differently from the rest of Nigeria?

You are over-estimating what Jonathan or any other President can actually do for you. This is a democracy where most projects by the Presidency will need NASS approval. So Jonathan Goodluck will not break the CBN and move all the money to the South East in the middle of night.

And trust me you will never understand Nigeria's politics by sitting in America. Come back home and you will understand that your alliances are not as black and white as you think they are. Don't sit in America, formulate ridiculous political ideas, assume you know and try to bully others to accept it.

Stop abusing me, it makes you look cheap. BTW you can not also bully me, I doubt you may be able to speak to me in real life if we are in the same room because you sound like a small boy. Don't be a voice for Ndigbo in New York, Texas,etc. It is no use standing for folks abroad who don't need your services. Come back home and do your North vs South Politics.

So why are you desperate to have a northern rule next year in order to (according to their tales) pass power to Igbo in 2015? Why are you so up in arms that Ndigbo are supporting Jonathan?

I never said that Jonathan will solve all our problems, but he has already started to do some things that nobody has done before. But more importantly, you still somehow fail to reason along my logic which is that the presidency is not the most important thing for Ndigbo now. We need regional integration. You still fail to see that and yet go on talking trash.
You are really retarded.

I am in Nnewi by the way. I am more at home than you!
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Beaf: 11:17pm On Nov 21, 2010
Onlytruth:

If Jonathan loses, then so be it! We are still Nigerians aren't we? We will still present one of us (Easterners) again in 2015. QED.  cool cool

Exactly! By cooperating, we only get stronger. If we lose today, relations would have been mended for tomorrows fight.
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by jason12345: 11:23pm On Nov 21, 2010
Beaf:

Exactly! By cooperating, we only get stronger. If we lose today, relations would have been mended for tomorrows fight.
Onlytruth:

If Jonathan loses, then so be it! We are still Nigerians aren't we? We will still present one of us (Easterners) again in 2015. QED.  cool cool

nobody said you would not be nigerians.

what i am saying is from a political point of view, you will likely be marginalised (politically not economically)
Re: 2011: Jonathan, Ohanaeze Leaders Plot Against North by Onlytruth(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2010
jason12345:

nobody said you would not be nigerians.

what i am saying is from a political point of view, you will likely be marginalised (politically not economically)

You sound as if Jonathan is going to be a south/south east president only.

He is the president of Nigeria. ALL NIGERIANS.

We are only working to help elect him to serve ALL NIGERIANS.
Gerrit please!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Afenifere Blames INEC, Jega For Underage Voting In The North / 2023: I See PDP Office Holders, Members Coming To APC – Tonye Princewill / Anambra Guber: Maduka In Pole Position In Acceptance Rating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.