Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? (37293 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Topmaike007(m): 7:50am On Nov 25, 2019
Honda any time anyday the car is full of class after Honda I will go for Acura, those two rides are madly mad

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dadabashua1(m): 7:53am On Nov 25, 2019
Topmaike007:
get original part not those ones from innewi and you will see that all is not real
bro don't bother explaining to them,over 95% using the Honda leg issue as a basis of saying its not a reliable car most likely have never used honda before...personally when ever I drive honda and thereafter pick the Camry ,I do feel the difference, the driving class and experience of the Accord is way ahead of that of the Camry.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Oduduwa707: 7:54am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Newbies go for Toyota but those who wants to enjoy their ride go for Honda.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying bow joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.

God bless you jare. Too many ignorants for 9ja go dey shout Toyota blah, blah... Honda engines are life long and depending on how you maintain your vehicle, is all that matters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by masterplan303(m): 7:56am On Nov 25, 2019
I have both Toyota and Honda products.I will give it to Toyota cos their products are durable and reliable.

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Emyben(m): 7:57am On Nov 25, 2019
dadabashua1:
Folks that have used both and have both are in the better position to answer this...well I will pick honda over toyota any time any day..speaking from experience of having both cars.

We want to know why you picked Honda. I am glad you have the experience. Can you explain to we the inexperienced ones about your choice of Honda?

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 7:59am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

Stop this mentality. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it
What’s OEM?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by zedman1(m): 8:00am On Nov 25, 2019
I don't know about reliability but EXCEPT FOR THE NEW EXPENSIVE ONES, toyota cars are generally ugly, I wonder who designs for them. You could see small cheap Honda cars with beautiful designs but toyota, mbanu. I like fine things but that toyo ugly men.... People talk bad about Honda ball joints sha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by seanwilliam(m): 8:03am On Nov 25, 2019
wamide042:
Most of the people here shouting Toyota..!!!!!!! don't even have a car some of them are only talking because they see it everywhere.....
When it comes to engine performance.....Honda
When it comes to body structure ....... Honda
When it comes to fuel efficiency....Honda/Toyota
When it comes to interiors....... Honda!!!
When it comes to speed.....Honda/Toyota
And the Ball joint removal....That's your fault,,it doesn't just pull out without giving you prior notice atleast a month before it removes..
Honda engines are built to withstand hot weathers, one of the reasons honda is a common vehicle in the Northern part of the country...

Toyota is only good at making new models every six months with nothing or little body enhancement.... interiors... blank....
Have you ever seen a recent Honda dashboard cracks.......but it's common with toyota...
Honda's got more pet names in Nigeria..
Honda hala
Honda babyboy
Honda End of Discussion
Honda Discussion Continue
Honda Evil Spirit....
Toyota only has Muscle, and Big daddy or Big for Nothing..
And more..........
your last statement makes me laugh sotey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Hoodbilonia: 8:04am On Nov 25, 2019
Depends on the year and model.
Buy honda from 08 upwards
No issues.
No ball joint
No theft
But huy corolla s.
Hahahahaha
And be robbed within 20mins

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Kinematics: 8:04am On Nov 25, 2019
wamide042:
[s]Most of the people here shouting Toyota..!!!!!!! don't even have a car some of them are only talking because they see it everywhere.....
When it comes to engine performance.....Honda
When it comes to body structure ....... Honda
When it comes to fuel efficiency....Honda/Toyota
When it comes to interiors....... Honda!!!
When it comes to speed.....Honda/Toyota
And the Ball joint removal....That's your fault,,it doesn't just pull out without giving you prior notice atleast a month before it removes..
Honda engines are built to withstand hot weathers, one of the reasons honda is a common vehicle in the Northern part of the country...

Toyota is only good at making new models every six months with nothing or little body enhancement.... interiors... blank....
Have you ever seen a recent Honda dashboard cracks.......but it's common with toyota...
Honda's got more pet names in Nigeria..
Honda hala
Honda babyboy
Honda End of Discussion
Honda Discussion Continue
Honda Evil Spirit....
Toyota only has Muscle, and Big daddy or Big for Nothing..
And more..........[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by seanwilliam(m): 8:05am On Nov 25, 2019
Topmaike007:
Honda any time anyday the car is full of class after Honda I will go for Acura, those two rides are madly mad
una mad fir nairaland ooo, which one is madly mad again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by pocohantas(f): 8:07am On Nov 25, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

What’s OEM?

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

In local parlance- Follow come.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by salvo583: 8:07am On Nov 25, 2019
take care of your car and it won't abadone you that's the golden rule. But you can't go wrong with any of the two products

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by adanny01(m): 8:09am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Newbies go for Toyota but those who wants to enjoy their ride go for Honda.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying bow joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.

Infact, Honda is the biggest engine manufacturer in the world.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by MarianaTrench: 8:09am On Nov 25, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Neither is MORE reliable.
I'll vote Mercedes Benz.

Fentanyl wish you knew the joys of slightly burnt beans.....that heavenly taste...with chilled watered garri..

This is how people fail exams!

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dadabashua1(m): 8:10am On Nov 25, 2019
Emyben:

We want to know why you picked Honda. I am glad you have the experience. Can you explain to we the inexperienced ones about your choice of Honda?
wamide 042 has given most of the answers...and to be honest sentiments aside its true,if you love performance there is no way you will pick toyota ahead of Honda, the stability even at high speed is awesome,way too balanced than the Camry at certain speed limits,that not taking anything away from the fact that the Toyota is a good and reliable car also.

5 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by CrownPrincehawk(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2019
Toyota is good for a country like Nigeria and Honda is not because of portholes on every road. If you live in a zero potholes country Honda car is a good buy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Topmaike007(m): 8:28am On Nov 25, 2019
seanwilliam:
una mad fir nairaland ooo, which one is madly mad again?
lolz
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Topmaike007(m): 8:30am On Nov 25, 2019
dadabashua1:
bro don't bother explaining to them,over 95% using the Honda leg issue as a basis of saying its not a reliable car most likely have never used honda before...personally when ever I drive honda and thereafter pick the Camry ,I do feel the difference, the driving class and experience of the Accord is way ahead of that of the Camry.
that's it bro
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 25, 2019
Not all Toyota vehicles are good, not all Honda vehicles are good,,, the particular car you are going for matters,,,, like Toyota Corolla is superb.

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by prof2007: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2019
I have used both brands. Here is a checklist to help your decision making process. This is strictly based on my personal experience:

CRITERION / MY PREFERENCE
1. Interior design: HONDA
2. Cost of parts: TOYOTA
3. Availability of parts: SAME
4. Fuel efficiency: HONDA
5. Suitability for bad roads: TOYOTA
6. Engine ruggedness: HONDA
7. Body/chassis ruggedness: TOYOTA
8. Speed : HONDA
9. Availability of good mechanics: TOYOTA
10. Safety: HONDA
11. Acquisition cost: TOYOTA
12. Lower likelihood of theft: HONDA
13. Overall reliability: TOYOTA
14. Overall aesthetics: HONDA
15. Availability/cost of standard workshops: TOYOTA
16. Ease of resale: DEPENDS ON MODEL/YOUR LOCALITY

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Cutiekatty: 8:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Honda

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by friendl: 8:42am On Nov 25, 2019
When it comes to engine ,interior ,exterior ,shocks ,Honda is better ,toyota is very strong we all know but a little too light when speeding

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 25, 2019
pocohantas:

Original Equipment Manufacturer.

In local parlance- Follow come.
Where we fit see am buy?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dadabashua1(m): 8:46am On Nov 25, 2019
Wow,read someone's post saying seeing more Toyota cars on the road means it's the better one...Toyota is also a good car sir,but with all due respect that criteria of judgment is super wrong...reasons are,Toyota is the largest car manufacturers on earth (even though Volkswagen and associates might argue that )but let's all agree toyota is the biggest for now, what it means in every 5 honda cars made ,there is 10 Toyota cars made,so for sure there stand a huge possibility of seeing more Toyota cars on the road than other brands..that doesn't mean it's the most realiable car brand on earth simply because you see more of it,many factors attributes to that sir wink

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by pocohantas(f): 8:58am On Nov 25, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

Where we fit see am buy?

Authorized dealers like Coscharis. cheesy
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:07am On Nov 25, 2019
DrNueLpureHoney:
Mercedes Benz gat it all but Toyota parts are more easy to Get here in Nigeria..So I will go for it

But I have got Lexus GS 350 and Lexus GX 470 for sale....

Check my profile for the post or you can E-mail me straight away let's talk about it

how much?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ashanax: 9:08am On Nov 25, 2019
Only Old model Honda dey get Ball joint issue... The 2007 upward are far better in ball joint.
Meanwhile, if u buy original ball joint in the older ones, u will enjoy it forever.
Toyotas are too easily stolen... and they av inferior engines and gear with poor shocks absorbers and poor interior all compare with Honda...
Honda even move faster and they balance more cos they are heavier
LIKE if u concur SHARE if u disagree

21 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Charly68: 9:10am On Nov 25, 2019
I think every answer will be subjective because of our individual preferences
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by MIGHTYMAN82(m): 9:11am On Nov 25, 2019
Pla toyota is best while honda na aboki motor

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Silas6(m): 9:12am On Nov 25, 2019
zedman1:
I don't know about reliability but EXCEPT FOR THE NEW EXPENSIVE ONES, toyota cars are generally ugly, I wonder who designs for them. You could see small cheap Honda cars with beautiful designs but toyota, mbanu. I like fine things but that toyo ugly men.... People talk bad about Honda ball joints sha.

E be like set na only 1988 models of toyota na him dey una side.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Innoson Produces Parts For Nigerian AirForce Fighter Jets / New Benz Car Burnt In Kano State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.