Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,442 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? (37292 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dandollaz: 9:18am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Newbies go for Toyota but those who wants to enjoy their ride go for Honda.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying bow joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.
I have both cars but i cant and will never advice my enemy to go for honda period

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dipotol: 9:21am On Nov 25, 2019
notoriousbabe:
Boat of them are good and very reliable

Your point is so plane�

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by DrNueLpureHoney: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Fvckmoderators:

how much?

Which one sir?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 25, 2019
pocohantas:

Authorized dealers like Coscharis. cheesy
Please, those tear nylon cars can we get it in nigeria?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 25, 2019
DrNueLpureHoney:

Which one sir?

The both
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Jamersirwin1971: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying bow joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.

I have used both cars . My first car was Honda , I drive Toyota now , in terms of interior Honda is better , but on engine/ performance I will give it to Toyota anyday anytime ..

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by baaliyah(m): 10:03am On Nov 25, 2019
dandollaz:

I have both cars but i cant and will never advice my enemy to go for honda period

No, you don't have both.

9 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by willybaby(m): 10:05am On Nov 25, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Neither is MORE reliable.
I'll vote Mercedes Benz.

Fentanyl wish you knew the joys of slightly burnt beans.....that heavenly taste...with chilled watered garri..
baba why u make me d swallow spit na.. beans oooo.. but Benz is overrated

6 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by OBIACHIMAOBI: 10:08am On Nov 25, 2019
[Toyota is stronger bro, don't risk your life with Honda bore joint wahala]Good morning House,
Please btw honda cars and toyota, which is most reliable.

Thanks for your kind response[/quote]
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by OBIACHIMAOBI: 10:09am On Nov 25, 2019
[Toyota is stronger bro, don't risk your life with Honda bore joint wahala

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ping2ping: 10:18am On Nov 25, 2019
prof2007:
I have used both brands. Here is a checklist to help your decision making process. This is strictly based on my personal experience:

CRITERION / MY PREFERENCE
1. Interior design: HONDA
2. Cost of parts: TOYOTA
3. Availability of parts: SAME
4. Fuel efficiency: HONDA
5. Suitability for bad roads: TOYOTA
6. Engine ruggedness: HONDA
7. Body/chassis ruggedness: TOYOTA
8. Speed : HONDA
9. Availability of good mechanics: TOYOTA
10. Safety: HONDA
11. Acquisition cost: TOYOTA
12. Lower likelihood of theft: HONDA
13. Overall reliability: TOYOTA
14. Overall aesthetics: HONDA
15. Availability/cost of standard workshops: TOYOTA
16. Ease of resale: DEPENDS ON MODEL/YOUR LOCALITY

I have used both and I thing the above analysis is the most comprehensive and u biased comparison.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 10:20am On Nov 25, 2019
People are saying Toyota parts are cheap and maintenance is cheap, why won't it be cheap with Nnewi fake Toyota parts scattered everywhere, you will change easily affordable cheap China/nnewi parts more frequently in Toyota than in any other brand of vehicle.

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by b3llo(m): 10:32am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

More oil for Ur head bro...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by jchibueze: 10:47am On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

I disagree Sir. For Engine build, yes for Honda but for Transmission (Gear Box), No for Honda. Except for Honda Civic that has good records of Gearbox so far. In a nut shell, Toyota is better. Check youtube for comparism of both products.

3 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ogtavia(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2019
Honda cars aren't meant for Nigeria cos of our terrible roads and poor maintenance culture.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by jchibueze: 10:54am On Nov 25, 2019
Very on Point.

Those are just the facts.

prof2007:
I have used both brands. Here is a checklist to help your decision making process. This is strictly based on my personal experience:

CRITERION / MY PREFERENCE
1. Interior design: HONDA
2. Cost of parts: TOYOTA
3. Availability of parts: SAME
4. Fuel efficiency: HONDA
5. Suitability for bad roads: TOYOTA
6. Engine ruggedness: HONDA
7. Body/chassis ruggedness: TOYOTA
8. Speed : HONDA
9. Availability of good mechanics: TOYOTA
10. Safety: HONDA
11. Acquisition cost: TOYOTA
12. Lower likelihood of theft: HONDA
13. Overall reliability: TOYOTA
14. Overall aesthetics: HONDA
15. Availability/cost of standard workshops: TOYOTA
16. Ease of resale: DEPENDS ON MODEL/YOUR LOCALITY

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Wettoid123: 11:05am On Nov 25, 2019
How can you compare toyota to honda, honda is a dead car that leg that pull alone is a minus for honda.

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Reference(m): 11:09am On Nov 25, 2019
As with all things in life there are advantages and diaadvantages. Just start your automobile experience with a Toyota but when you become a person of means Honda should be a better choice. Toyota is a working man's model while Honda is for those who send others on errands.

3 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Reference(m): 11:14am On Nov 25, 2019
WP.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by anonymuz(m): 11:20am On Nov 25, 2019
madapcmod:
Toyota na. U wan leg pull on top third mainland bridge?

Though Honda interior tight, Toyota is still the Baba. Ever rugged, even with minimal maintenance.
you are the only one who knows about both.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by frozen70(f): 11:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Fentanyl:
looooool

somebody asked which is better between fried rice and jollof rice

and somebody else answered burnt beans

indeed

That's a sign that his brain is falling him

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2019
jchibueze:

I disagree Sir. For Engine build, yes for Honda but for Transmission (Gear Box), No for Honda. Except for Honda Civic that has good records of Gearbox so far. In a nut shell, Toyota is better. Check youtube for comparism of both products.

Honda transmission is delicate. Once you put "Abro" or non recommended transmission oil, you will ruin the tranny. Always use original DW-1.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 11:42am On Nov 25, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

What’s OEM?

Original Equipment Manufacturer. Use recommended oils for your vehicle
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 11:43am On Nov 25, 2019
Olalekanbanky1:

Tnx bruh. Pls what's OEM parts? I use EOD 2004

Original Equipment Manufacturer. Parts recommended by car makers
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 11:44am On Nov 25, 2019
danot1030:

Your sentiment and your opinion though.

I have used both but i will recommend Toyota to anyone anyday above Honda.

I use Toyota vehicles for business, but I can't use it as private. Honda or Mercedes

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by sharpwriter(m): 11:54am On Nov 25, 2019
RoyRogers:
Go for toyota. Honda that the ball joint will just keep you in the middle of ondo state forrest. Or is its closeness to the ground? With Nigerian fashola roads grin

And when one finds himself in the middle of Ondo state forest, may the Lord deliver the person from kidnappers grin

3 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Zane2point4(m): 11:56am On Nov 25, 2019
Offpoint:
They all take you to your destination,
They all get spoil at some point,
They can all be stolen,
They can all crash,

just buy any.

When I'm rich enough for a car, I'll go with a car with the baddest, maddest and loudest sounds system.... nobody will rest in my neighborhood.
Just get 12 inch premier woofer, a Sony car audio,tiny JVC tweeters put it in any car,am sure your neighborhood will bow to the beats.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ibechris(m): 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nigerians are not good when it comes to maintenance hence the reason why they all abhor HONDA.

I prefer my Honda any day anytime always reliable,cheap to maintain and very sweet to drive.

5 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by NonFarmPayrol: 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
Don't know sha

But last week I drove my Honda 900km from aks to lag

Left 9am. Got to lag traffic 8pm. Stayed in traffic till 2am when

No over heating
Engine quiet like no tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by NonFarmPayrol: 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
My first car was a Toyota

After my honda civic experience

I never went back to Toyota

Went from civics to pilot

Team honda

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Innoson Produces Parts For Nigerian AirForce Fighter Jets / New Benz Car Burnt In Kano State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.