Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,549 members, 7,816,334 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? (37291 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by NonFarmPayrol: 12:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
Topmaike007:
Honda any time anyday the car is full of class after Honda I will go for Acura, those two rides are madly mad

Acura clean whip

Cheap in naija cause of low demand

Tsx looks and moves far better than boring corrolla and camry

5 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by zedman1(m): 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2019
Silas6:

E be like set na only 1988 models of toyota na him dey una side.
E be like say you no read my very first sentence, the words in CAPITAL LETTERS bro.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by greggng: 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2019
Are there still market for Honda ? Toyota don take over long time ago
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by mbjsuki(m): 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2019
There is no basis of comparison however in my own opinion for Nigeria roads,take and stick to Toyota.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by 1886martino(m): 1:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Why do politicians use Toyota/Lexus for their convoy?
Why do police/custom/military/boko haram use Toyota mostly?
Why local toying operators dont use Honda cars?

Answer these questions then you know which is more reliable between the two.
Both Honda/ Toyota are reliable and international brands

#mechanicopinion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Offpoint: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
Zane2point4:

Just get 12 inch premier woofer, a Sony car audio,tiny JVC tweeters put it in any car,am sure your neighborhood will bow to the beats.
Your head dey dia
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Duru009(m): 1:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Newbies go for Toyota but those who wants to enjoy their ride go for Honda.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying bow joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.

Edited:
For those quoting me on Honda transmission. Always use Honda recommended oil - DW-1. Even the Chinese made DW-1 is not trusted. Stop using Abro, Visco 2000 etc. in your gearbox.

Bro, my Honda smokes once in a while. Especially if I use it for a long ride. Please shat do you think is the problem. Please help

Honda CRV Jeep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ISAACOLOYEDE(m): 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2019
Toyota cars, u will not regret buying d car.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
tonididdy:
I want to sell my Lexus rx300 I bought in January... Lexus consume too much fuel.
Half preis
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by elvhinzey(m): 2:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Maybe you've never had a ride of Toyota Venza from Lagos to Sokoto; that's why you're screaming, "Honda!"

I love both though. I appreciate Honda evil spirit, Honda crosstour, Honda EODC,Honda judgement day, Honda bullet and Honda bulldog.

If only Honda will work on her 'bolt' - that's all!
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 2:52pm On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

Original Equipment Manufacturer. Parts recommended by car makers

OK thanks. I buy my parts from 'strictly' Honda stores tho. Not from 'general' shops

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 2:58pm On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

Honda transmission is delicate. Once you put "Abro" or non recommended transmission oil, you will ruin the tranny. Always use original DW-1.
I've not heard about DW-1 pls. What's it? And how much is a litre? I use EOD 2004

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
Olalekanbanky1:

I've not heard about DW-1 pls. What's it? And how much is a litre? I use EOD 2004

DW-1 is the recommended transmission oil for Honda. A litre is 4,000 or 4,500 and you need 4 litres of it. Please do not put Abro or Visco 2000 or any other oil in your transmission.

There is a Chinese product of DW-1. If you stay in Lagos or Port Harcourt, i can direct you where to get the original.

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ping2ping: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
This has been an age long debate over which of the two automakers produces better vehicles. Well, there is no straight answer to this but depending on what you are looking for, the following might help in addition to what others have said. I have used Toyota car and now Honda, here below are my opinion about the two:

1. Engine - Honda wins. Most Honda engines are stronger and more durable. A Toyota user is more likely to change the engine of the car before a Honda user if the two vehicles are properly maintained. However, this is not to say that Toyota engines are bad just that Honda edges it here.

2. Interior Design and Aesthetics - Again Honda wins. Honda vehicles are very beautify and alluring. They have fantastic dashboards with user friendly controls. Toyota on the other hand has very poor interior and bland dashboards with very few controls, mostly the most basics that will help you drive the car, use the AC. Compare Honda Civic 2006 and Toyota Corolla 2006. Also compare Honda Accord 2010 and Toyota Camry 2010. Another example, a 1996 Honda car has cruise control as default while a 2003 Toyota car does not even have a cruise control. Look at a Honda vehicle dashboard at night and the illumination will wow you as compared to most Toyota cars.

3. Automatic Transmission - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles have a very rugged auto transmission that can last for a long time. The probability of a Honda user changing transmission or having transmission issues is higher than a Toyota user.

4. Durability - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles are more durable and rugged than most Honda vehicles. Toyota vehicles are built to last longer without breaking down and the issues that could breakdown without prior notice are more in Honda. The probability of the vehicle breaking down is more with Honda vehicles. It doesn't mean Toyota cars don't breakdown but with Honda, it is more considering also the nature of roads in Nigeria. If you use Honda mostly places with good roads then you will NOT see this as an issue. Toyota vehicles are used mainly for public transport because its very durable couple with the fact that majority of our roads are in a sorry state.

5. Resale Value - Again Toyota wins. Toyota vehicles in this part of the world has a higher resale value probably because of it durability. I bought my first Toyota Nigeria car, used it for 9 years and sold it almost the price i bought it 9 years ago without stress because i had many people wanting to buy it. The same cannot be said of most Honda cars. People value Toyota cars more than Honda cars if you want to resale and also its easier to sell off your Toyota car.

6. Cost of Spare Parts - Toyota marginally wins. The cost of Toyota parts is marginally cheaper than Honda parts for most model of vehicles. Both are very available in the market but you are more likely to spend more to buy Honda part than Toyota parts for similar model and year of cars.

Conclusion - Both Toyota and Honda cars are good each with it pros and cons with respect to a particular model and year. For example, Toyota RAV4 2000-2003 are prone to ECU issues while Honda CRV, a competing model does not have such issues. The question is what is your priority in a car? secondly where do you intend to mostly use the car? If you want to mostly use the car to travel especially interstate in Nigeria then stay away from Honda. If you value beautiful interior design with state of the arts controls then stay away from Toyota cars.

My humble submission.

14 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:25pm On Nov 25, 2019
Olalekanbanky1:

OK thanks. I buy my parts from 'strictly' Honda stores tho. Not from 'general' shops

Sometimes they mix original and sub-standard parts. If the man is truthful, he will sell original parts to you. Where do you stay.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2019
Duru009:

Bro, my Honda smokes once in a while. Especially if I use it for a long ride. Please shat do you think is the problem. Please help

Honda CRV Jeep

How long have you used the engine oil? Is the oil level below the normal gauge once in a while?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

Sometimes they mix original and sub-standard parts. If the man is truthful, he will sell original parts to you. Where do you stay.

Ekiti. He's d largest Honda parts dealer around here tho. Just asking so as to be sure
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
Jamersirwin1971:

I have used both cars . My first car was Honda , I drive Toyota now , in terms of interior Honda is better , but on engine/ performance I will give it to Toyota anyday anytime ..

Toyota is not on same level with Honda when it comes to Performance and Handling. Let's leave it at that. I don't have much time now to explain. Later.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
lonelydora:

DW-1 is the recommended transmission oil for Honda. A litre is 4,000 or 4,500 and you need 4 litres of it. Please do not put Abro or Visco 2000 or any other oil in your transmission.

There is a Chinese product of DW-1. If you stay in Lagos or Port Harcourt, i can direct you where to get the original.

Funny enough, I've bn using Abro. cry
This is my 3rd Honda ride. Thanks for this info. I'll do some research about the oil from online stores. I'm based in Ekiti

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:30pm On Nov 25, 2019
Olalekanbanky1:

Ekiti. He's d largest Honda parts dealer around here tho. Just asking so as to be sure

Ok. Always ask him to give you original Honda parts. If he's truthful, he will give you. How you will know will now be the issue

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2019
Olalekanbanky1:

Funny enough, I've bn using Abro. cry
This is my 3rd Honda ride. Thanks for this info. I'll do some research about the oil from online stores. I'm based in Ekiti

Okay.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 3:33pm On Nov 25, 2019
ping2ping:
This has been an age long debate over which of the two automakers produces better vehicles. Well, there is no straight answer to this but depending on what you are looking for, the following might help in addition to what others have said. I have used Toyota car and now Honda, here below are my opinion about the two:

1. Engine - Honda wins. Most Honda engines are stronger and more durable. A Toyota user is more likely to change the engine of the car before a Honda user if the two vehicles are properly maintained. However, this is not to say that Toyota engines are bad just that Honda edges it here.

2. Interior Design and Aesthetics - Again Honda wins. Honda vehicles are very beautify and alluring. They have fantastic dashboards with user friendly controls. Toyota on the other hand has very poor interior and bland dashboards with very few controls, mostly the most basics that will help you drive the car, use the AC. Compare Honda Civic 2006 and Toyota Corolla 2006. Also compare Honda Accord 2010 and Toyota Camry 2010. Another example, a 1996 Honda car has cruise control as default while a 2003 Toyota car does not even have a cruise control. Look at a Honda vehicle dashboard at night and the illumination will wow you as compared to most Toyota cars.

3. Automatic Transmission - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles have a very rugged auto transmission that can last for a long time. The probability of a Honda user changing transmission or having transmission issues is higher than a Toyota user.

4. Durability - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles are more durable and rugged than most Honda vehicles. Toyota vehicles are built to last longer without breaking down and the issues that could breakdown without prior notice are more in Honda. The probability of the vehicle breaking down is more with Honda vehicles. It doesn't mean Toyota cars don't breakdown but with Honda, it is more considering also the nature of roads in Nigeria. If you use Honda mostly places with good roads then you will NOT see this as an issue. Toyota vehicles are used mainly for public transport because its very durable couple with the fact that majority of our roads are in a sorry state.

5. Resale Value - Again Toyota wins. Toyota vehicles in this part of the world has a higher resale value probably because of it durability. I bought my first Toyota Nigeria car, used it for 9 years and sold it almost the price i bought it 9 years ago without stress because i had many people wanting to buy it. The same cannot be said of most Honda cars. People value Toyota cars more than Honda cars if you want to resale and also its easier to sell off your Toyota car.

6. Cost of Spare Parts - Toyota marginally wins. The cost of Toyota parts is marginally cheaper than Honda parts for most model of vehicles. Both are very available in the market but you are more likely to spend more to buy Honda part than Toyota parts for similar model and year of cars.

Conclusion - Both Toyota and Honda cars are good each with it pros and cons with respect to a particular model and year. For example, Toyota RAV4 2000-2003 are prone to ECU issues while Honda CRV, a competing model does not have such issues. The question is what is your priority in a car? secondly where do you intend to mostly use the car? If you want to mostly use the car to travel especially interstate in Nigeria then stay away from Honda. If you value beautiful interior design with state of the arts controls then stay away from Toyota cars.

My humble submission.

Bro can u pls gimme a lay man's explanation of the function of 'cruise' on a car. I have it on my EOD 2004 but I don't even know what it does.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Mike4S: 3:37pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hoodbilonia:
Depends on the year and model.
Buy honda from 08 upwards
No issues.
No ball joint
No theft
But huy corolla s.
Hahahahaha
And be robbed within 20mins
May be things changed from 2008 because before then I used to hear that Honda products have no second hand value
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by InvertedHammer: 3:38pm On Nov 25, 2019
signed:
Good morning House,
Please btw honda cars and toyota, which is most reliable.

Thanks for your kind response
/
With Nigerian roads in mind, it is difficult to say. I don't think any car manufacturer has the deplorable Nigerian roads in mind. I believe it depends on the location. A driver that lives in Maitama and works in Wuse 2 may drive a Toyota or Honda car until the wheels fall off- no pun intended. Drive both cars from Aba-PH once a week for 3 months, it will boil down to the driver's ability to offroad and dodge potholes at the same time. Yes! That's a puzzle.

\

3 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by tonididdy(m): 4:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Half preis

How much exactly is your half price offer?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Bestchoice4me(m): 5:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
Toyota jor... If Honda carry him K-leg issue jam u, u go run..
signed:
Good morning House,

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by grudges: 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2019
What is the function of criuse control in a car
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by OfficialSam(m): 6:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
Nice thread. Who dey sell popcorn abeg?

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by unimagin: 6:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
If you have not used both brand then your comment is baseless. I have used Honda for 5years and currently using Toyotas.
TOYOTA is better than HONDA in everything.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by webngnews: 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by felixitor(m): 7:28pm On Nov 25, 2019
Honda cars have fantastic structures and sweet interiors but Toyota cars are more reliable and durable..."Based on personal experience though"
signed:
Good morning House,

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by sulakishop(m): 7:29pm On Nov 25, 2019
It is an understatement to say Bianca Ojukwu is beautiful, so is it when you compare Honda to Toyota on Nigerian roads

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Innoson Produces Parts For Nigerian AirForce Fighter Jets / New Benz Car Burnt In Kano State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.