Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,502 members, 7,816,193 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? (37290 Views)

How True Is This Myth About Honda And Toyota Car Engines? (pictures) / Lets Debate This: Fuel Consumption Between A Honda And Toyota / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 9:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
Kfed4ril:

2008 Accord.
When I get home I will snap the dashboard and post it here.

The D light won't blink at idle, it blinks when the transmission gets hot when driving. It's better you snap it when you drive for like 15 minutes.

Where is your location?
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Kfed4ril(m): 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2019
lonelydora:

The D light won't blink at idle, it blinks when the transmission gets hot when driving. It's better you snap it when you drive for like 15 minutes.

Where is your location?

I don’t think it blinks any D light

Abuja
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Originalsly: 5:09am On Nov 29, 2019
wamide042:

Most of the people here shouting Toyota..!!!!!!! don't even have a car some of them are only talking because they see it everywhere.....
When it comes to engine performance.....Honda
When it comes to body structure ....... Honda
When it comes to fuel efficiency....Honda/Toyota
When it comes to interiors....... Honda!!!
When it comes to speed.....Honda/Toyota
And the Ball joint removal....That's your fault,,it doesn't just pull out without giving you prior notice atleast a month before it removes..
Honda engines are built to withstand hot weathers, one of the reasons honda is a common vehicle in the Northern part of the country...

Toyota is only good at making new models every six months with nothing or little body enhancement.... interiors... blank....
Have you ever seen a recent Honda dashboard cracks.......but it's common with toyota...
Honda's got more pet names in Nigeria..
Honda hala
Honda babyboy
Honda End of Discussion
Honda Discussion Continue
Honda Evil Spirit....
Toyota only has Muscle, and Big daddy or Big for Nothing..
And more..........

The question is which is more reliable? I owned both. Toyota is more reliable hands down. Reliablity is the reason you will see Toyota being widely used by explorers and those venturing into remote areas...not Hondas...not Mercedes Benz... but Toyotas
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by nifee: 4:17pm On Jan 28, 2020
I agree with these and i just wanna say this for the benefit of those concerned

if you are are in need of;
genuine parts of all car makes and models sourced directly from wholesalers,
machinery,
general plant spares,
equipment and consumer/household goods.

I recommend Smart alaba. Smart alaba opened my eyes to the fraudulent dealings of my auto mechanic who used to buy cheap and fake parts that never last. They are very reliable and their services are top quality
check them out at https://www.smartalaba.com/
ping2ping:
This has been an age long debate over which of the two automakers produces better vehicles. Well, there is no straight answer to this but depending on what you are looking for, the following might help in addition to what others have said. I have used Toyota car and now Honda, here below are my opinion about the two:

1. Engine - Honda wins. Most Honda engines are stronger and more durable. A Toyota user is more likely to change the engine of the car before a Honda user if the two vehicles are properly maintained. However, this is not to say that Toyota engines are bad just that Honda edges it here.

2. Interior Design and Aesthetics - Again Honda wins. Honda vehicles are very beautify and alluring. They have fantastic dashboards with user friendly controls. Toyota on the other hand has very poor interior and bland dashboards with very few controls, mostly the most basics that will help you drive the car, use the AC. Compare Honda Civic 2006 and Toyota Corolla 2006. Also compare Honda Accord 2010 and Toyota Camry 2010. Another example, a 1996 Honda car has cruise control as default while a 2003 Toyota car does not even have a cruise control. Look at a Honda vehicle dashboard at night and the illumination will wow you as compared to most Toyota cars.

3. Automatic Transmission - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles have a very rugged auto transmission that can last for a long time. The probability of a Honda user changing transmission or having transmission issues is higher than a Toyota user.

4. Durability - Toyota wins. Most Toyota vehicles are more durable and rugged than most Honda vehicles. Toyota vehicles are built to last longer without breaking down and the issues that could breakdown without prior notice are more in Honda. The probability of the vehicle breaking down is more with Honda vehicles. It doesn't mean Toyota cars don't breakdown but with Honda, it is more considering also the nature of roads in Nigeria. If you use Honda mostly places with good roads then you will NOT see this as an issue. Toyota vehicles are used mainly for public transport because its very durable couple with the fact that majority of our roads are in a sorry state.

5. Resale Value - Again Toyota wins. Toyota vehicles in this part of the world has a higher resale value probably because of it durability. I bought my first Toyota Nigeria car, used it for 9 years and sold it almost the price i bought it 9 years ago without stress because i had many people wanting to buy it. The same cannot be said of most Honda cars. People value Toyota cars more than Honda cars if you want to resale and also its easier to sell off your Toyota car.

6. Cost of Spare Parts - Toyota marginally wins. The cost of Toyota parts is marginally cheaper than Honda parts for most model of vehicles. Both are very available in the market but you are more likely to spend more to buy Honda part than Toyota parts for similar model and year of cars.

Conclusion - Both Toyota and Honda cars are good each with it pros and cons with respect to a particular model and year. For example, Toyota RAV4 2000-2003 are prone to ECU issues while Honda CRV, a competing model does not have such issues. The question is what is your priority in a car? secondly where do you intend to mostly use the car? If you want to mostly use the car to travel especially interstate in Nigeria then stay away from Honda. If you value beautiful interior design with state of the arts controls then stay away from Toyota cars.

My humble submission.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by funkymeky: 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2020
Please where can I get a good auto mechanic for my Lexus ES350 in port Harcourt. I don't mean road side mechanics. A good auto maintenance company that specializes in modern Toyoto and Lexus cars will be very much appreciated. Their location and contact number will be very much appreciated too.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 1:07pm On May 07, 2020
lonelydora:

So many things can cause it.

1. Low level Transmission oil.

2. Transmission oil due for change.

3. Worn out fibre

Take your car for a diagnosis.

Which lights are 'on' on your instrument cluster?

Does the "Drive" light blink when driving?

Which Honda make and year are you driving?

Boss, my 'D' blinks on dashboard (occasionally) What could it mean? Tnk you

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 6:07pm On May 07, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:

Boss, my 'D' blinks on dashboard (occasionally) What could it mean? Tnk you

Your transmission oil is old and needs change. Make sure you use original Honda DW-1 and clean your transmission oil filter
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 8:51pm On May 07, 2020
lonelydora:

Your transmission oil is old and needs change. Make sure you use original Honda DW-1 and clean your transmission oil filter
OK. Tnk you. I haven't come across the DW-1 around here btw
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by lonelydora: 8:58pm On May 07, 2020
Olalekanbanky1:

OK. Tnk you. I haven't come across the DW-1 around here btw

Location? Look for luvinhubby here on Nairaland and tell him to send it to you. He is in Lagos. I will look for his contact too.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Gkemz: 7:49am On May 08, 2020
Honda has better interior than Toyota but the problem with most honda accord is the gear apart from ball joint pulling which can be managed.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dicksonadams(m): 5:05pm On May 09, 2020
Gkemz:
Honda has better interior than Toyota but the problem with most honda accord is the gear apart from ball joint pulling which can be managed.

The best Honda combo in my experience eod + manual gear, thank me later
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dgitrader(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
dicksonadams:

The best Honda combo in my experience DC + manual gear, thank me later

Corrected!
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by xperiencelove(m): 6:34pm On May 09, 2020
Stop saying rubbish because you want to sell oil. Show me any 2000 model and above Honda car that has 400000km and I will show you Camry that has 993000km on mileage. The guy asked for reliability which goes to Toyota not interior and exterior styling which goes to Honda.
lonelydora:
The truth is this....Toyota cars are too bland and not sophisticated, that's why people think it's strong.

In terms of engine and gearbox, you can't compare Toyota with Honda. Honda is stronger both in engine and gearbox.

Newbies go for Toyota but those who wants to enjoy their ride go for Honda.

Why do you think engines like water pumping machine, Generators, boat engines, etc. made by Honda are too expensive? There is a mark of quality in that name.

For those saying ball joints issue......you have it in 4 Runner, Tacoma, Sequoia, etc. Always buy OEM parts and you won't experience it.

Edited:
For those quoting me on Honda transmission. Always use Honda recommended oil - DW-1. Even the Chinese made DW-1 is not trusted. Stop using Abro, Visco 2000 etc. in your gearbox.

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dicksonadams(m): 6:48pm On May 09, 2020
dgitrader:

Corrected!

Lolzzz they have the same engine bro grin
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by ospreywin(m): 5:41am On May 11, 2020
Toyota anytime any day.

Get your tinted permit stress free and renew/register your vehicle documents hassle free 08144476474 whatsapp /2348144476474
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Istanbul8819: 12:12am On Jul 26, 2020
Which of the Civic? Which year?
NonFarmPayrol:
My first car was a Toyota

After my honda civic experience

I never went back to Toyota

Went from civics to pilot

Team honda
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by babyboy4every1: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2020
xperiencelove:
Stop saying rubbish because you want to sell oil. Show me any 2000 model and above Honda car that has 400000km and I will show you Camry that has 993000km on mileage. The guy asked for reliability which goes to Toyota not interior and exterior styling which goes to Honda.
I would love ti see the totita that reached 900k plus ooooo. Iv seen honda with 450k ➕ and never seen a toyota close to this.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Cashalhaji: 7:55am On Apr 29, 2021
prof2007:
I have used both brands. Here is a checklist to help your decision making process. This is strictly based on my personal experience:

CRITERION / MY PREFERENCE
1. Interior design: HONDA
2. Cost of parts: TOYOTA
3. Availability of parts: SAME
4. Fuel efficiency: HONDA
5. Suitability for bad roads: TOYOTA
6. Engine ruggedness: HONDA
7. Body/chassis ruggedness: TOYOTA
8. Speed : HONDA
9. Availability of good mechanics: TOYOTA
10. Safety: HONDA
11. Acquisition cost: TOYOTA
12. Lower likelihood of theft: HONDA
13. Overall reliability: TOYOTA
14. Overall aesthetics: HONDA
15. Availability/cost of standard workshops: TOYOTA
16. Ease of resale: DEPENDS ON MODEL/YOUR LOCALITY

Beautiful analytical submission
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Eldemmi(m): 4:09pm On May 18, 2021
Cashalhaji:

Beautiful analytical submission

Good onem.But acquisition cost should go to Honda ,, Toyota is expensive when compared.
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Originalsly: 1:22am On May 19, 2021
LeJeun3:

These questions are quite silly really.........

... and they keep coming.... which is better? ... which burns less fuel? .... which is more rugged?... which should I choose?( Childish

1 Like

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by okoroemeka(m): 5:18am On May 19, 2021
1886martino:
Why do politicians use Toyota/Lexus for their convoy?
Why do police/custom/military/boko haram use Toyota mostly?
Why local toying operators dont use Honda cars?

Answer these questions then you know which is more reliable between the two.
Both Honda/ Toyota are reliable and international brands

#mechanicopinion
your comparison is flawed,Honda is a small auto manufacturer compared to Toyota,talking of luxury SUV what model do Honda has?pilot,crv,hrv.but Toyota has a lot to choose from the RAV4,Highlander,rx series,gx series,lx series,land cruiser, Sequoia,4runner,Fortuner,fj cruiser,etc,then coming to pickup Honda has only the Ridgeline but Toyota has the Hilux,Tacoma,tundra,etc,and the towing company will use Toyota because there will be 70-80% more Toyota trucks in the market to be used as towing trucks.for me I am a Honda man,I have used several cars first a Mazda 323,Nissan sunny,Opel Omega,Honda babyboy,Dodge ram pickup v8,Acura rl3.5 v6,07 Honda Accord v6,I used each vehicle for 3-4 years and I noticed it is only the 3 Honda's that nothing was worked in the engine bay,just change oil, nothing was worked even alternator,kick starter or timming belt,I drove the Acura for 4 years I didn't even see the kickstarter.that car is reliability at its best.

4 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by dadabashua1(m): 5:48am On May 19, 2021
okoroemeka:
your comparison is flawed,Honda is a small auto manufacturer compared to Toyota,talking of luxury SUV what model do Honda has?pilot,crv,hrv.but Toyota has a lot to choose from the RAV4,Highlander,rx series,gx series,lx series,land cruiser, Sequoia,4runner,Fortuner,fj cruiser,etc,then coming to pickup Honda has only the Ridgeline but Toyota has the Hilux,Tacoma,tundra,etc,and the towing company will use Toyota because there will be 70-80% more Toyota trucks in the market to be used as towing trucks.for me I am a Honda man,I have used several cars first a Mazda 323,Nissan sunny,Opel Omega,Honda babyboy,Dodge ram pickup v8,Acura rl3.5 v6,07 Honda Accord v6,I used each vehicle for 3-4 years and I noticed it is only the 3 Honda's that nothing was worked in the engine bay,just change oil, nothing was worked even alternator,kick starter or timming belt,I drove the Acura for 4 years I didn't even see the kickstarter.that car is reliability at its best.
good analysis,people always forget Toyota is a bigger car manufacturing company than Honda,produces way higher number of cars than Honda,Honda is mostly and initially known for engine production and also as the number one when it comes to motorcycle productions,some even used the basis of seeing more Toyota on the road than Honda as a yard stick...like I gave up,how on earth do you even expect to see more of something that only 1 thousand was manufactured in a year,as against something that 10,000 was manufactured in a year,kaiiiiii Nigerians are unbelievable and laughable with their analysis..lmao

2 Likes

Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by BetacarHQ: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2021
You can get Toyota Cars and Foreign used Honda Cars for sale at [url=betacar.ng]betacar.ng[/url]
Re: Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? by Deeni131: 11:46pm On Dec 25, 2021
friendl:
When it comes to engine ,interior ,exterior ,shocks ,Honda is better ,toyota is very strong we all know but a little too light when speeding

I have toyota corolla 2009 but I prefer Honda continuity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Take The "Take Your Car On A Date" Trend To A Higher Level / Innoson Produces Parts For Nigerian AirForce Fighter Jets / New Benz Car Burnt In Kano State (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.