Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? (44529 Views)

She Ended Her Last Relationship With Court Proceedings, Should I Be Worried..? / What A Man's Babe Sent To Him. Should He Be Worried? / She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Highesschief1: 9:40am On Nov 25, 2019
Just walk away from the relationship.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by anonimi: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2019
Rajman45:
Ur very funny....lol.

All d digging ur giving her, back and front... U think say na for free. Please wipe that useless idea that sex is a mutual enjoyment for both parties. Sex is not for free.... Even married couples has paid for it through paying her dowry.

Never u forget that ur d one going into her nd not d other way around.

Blacks and our obsession with sex, spending so much time, energy and money on it to the detriment of other things to edify ourselves and build our communities.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4273539_fbimg1472991509128_jpega41416663f46d9694b9293059e01401c

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by anonimi: 10:07am On Nov 25, 2019

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by daben1(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2019
bro, if you marry that girl, just know that non of your relatives will come around... that's all I can say

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by SenecaTheYonger: 10:33am On Nov 25, 2019
Dimples0303:
She's submissive though... Right? grin grin grin grin

Lmfao fvkc u grin grin grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by RedDistrict: 10:38am On Nov 25, 2019
"I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy" grin. grin

But bros, shoprite attendant money nor plenty o, 30 geez thereabout nor too go far within a month o Loool

It is NOT an excuse however as even the normal boxers they like buying, she fit see am for 250/300 buy give you so truth is, if she has enough money, she still wont see the need to give you anything once a while

just run abeg, na red flag already esp as regards marriage matters

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Sierusvirus(m): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and tipping her whether she's stranded or not is what I've been doing
since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently and he told me her sister is stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship. 

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry

Men are the ones bringing causes to themselves.
You are not meant to take care of your gf alone, the bill should be shared 50/50 even if you start giving be very observant to know the game she’s about to play and follow up immediately.

Your girlfriend is not your responsibilities at all in life, a woman will tell you only things that will benefit her and not you, be wise like the serpent and be focus to see far before her like the eagle.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by themaestro08(m): 10:49am On Nov 25, 2019
"She takes pride in her stinginnes". Well that's quite a red flag to be honest, it clearly shows not that not only is she unkind but only also not ready to change anytime soon.

My take is politely walk away from such toxic relationship. It ain't mutual. Its clearly one sided.

Ignore these sensible warning signs and tie the not and you will live to regret it.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by AfroKnight: 10:50am On Nov 25, 2019
User283 you have made a good observation and you have been honest with yourself.

Bro, dump her.

Why?

Cos, she will be stingy to her own children and the smallest item they need, she will not buy, until you send her money for it. That is the nature of such women.

If you must marry her, then do so with the consciousness that you’d better have money for all your personal and family needs always. If you cannot guarantee yourself that, please step aside.

One day person no go get money pay one small bill, next thing she go quote bible for you:

“But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.” - 1 Tim 5v8

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Omotakins(m): 10:51am On Nov 25, 2019
The married ones on this forum will agree with me that the concern and reservations expressed by the op are not out of place at all: they are valid. If she can't show a bit of 'give and take' at this point, when will she? My wife was of great assistance to me in my years of financial turbulence. It could have been hell for me and this attribute she obviously manifested when we were dating and courting. Just be very circumspect before you make that life time decision.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by shege45: 10:51am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I've done that before but it doesn't change anything bro
even tho I hardly take things from girls because i no want make them talk rubbish when we break up, they still give even when them no get. Sometimes even if i insist I don’t want, they drop it and go. I no go come get choice. Bro , like I said earlier, God just use style dey show you wetin u wan enter. Its up to you. Cuz no be tomorrow u go come up thread here dey complain

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Larryfest(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2019
Even if she earns 10k in a month doesn't mean she has be this stingy and op already said she hasn't gifted him not even an hair cream of #500 in the 2yrs they have been together and that says a lot about her...She is too stingy abeg and she is never going to change.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 25, 2019
Guy dont miss her ooh, my big Sis is stingy, she was like that till she got married to the Guy, guess what!, now her family comes first, she no send us. She spends all her money on her kids and home. The guy is practically not doing much at home. This kind of wife will put her marriage and her nuclear family first. Don't listen to the people here telling you that you are dating yourself. No body has come to say anything about a stingy wife. Women are sometimes like that. Some girls give as a way to tie a man and when she enters the marriage you won't see anything again. Be wise.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by user283: 11:12am On Nov 25, 2019
Omotakins:
The married ones on this forum will agree with me that the concern and reservations expressed by the op are not out of place at all: they are valid. If she can't show a bit of 'give and take' at this point, when will she? My wife was of great assistance to me in my years of financial turbulence. It could have been hell for me and this attribute she obviously manifested when we were dating and courting. Just be very circumspect before you make that life time decision.
I set up a barbing solon recently so I can have another source of income

I ran out of fund and it got to a point that I was hustling for fund but my girlfriend couldn't sacrifice as little as 1k to assist me in the project

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by EasternPrince: 11:17am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry

Xmas is coming so you will sure have holiday break from work. Do this...

Travel to stay with a relative or something then call her and say you are sick and lost some money in an investment so can't foot hospital bills which are high. You need her help financially. Name an amount not too high but big enough that someone will not give unless he or she values you.

50or 70k.

Her reaction should speak volumes and what she will do as your wife

9 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by vincentjk(m): 11:19am On Nov 25, 2019
vincentjk:

My best friend is a girl and the kinda things she buys for me ehn. I get her things sometimes and she does same when she has money so not being married is not just an excuse
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by fatymore(f): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2019
Laro Monday..

Naira land should stop bringing all this Romance section stories to FP again joor.

You guys are just promoting pre marital sex .

Go and marry each other please.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by iHart(m): 11:29am On Nov 25, 2019
What you feel for her now is pity not love.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by inspitation: 11:29am On Nov 25, 2019
such women are very dangerous one who is selfish to her own family members will do worse to you even if you like be dying in front of her its non
of her business and people like this will never be satisfied with what you give them they will always have a reason to complain that it not enough
so think twice the ball is in your court remember she is like this now how will it be when you both are married with huge responsibilities?
a word is enough for the wise good luck
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Beke2020: 11:29am On Nov 25, 2019
After all she not wayward. You can influence her by always giving to her.

Married The Wrong Man-Now My Life Has Changed:Please Advise!
https://livelystones.com.ng/married-the-wrong-man-now-my-life-has-changedplease-advise/
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by PotatoSalad(m): 11:32am On Nov 25, 2019
SillyeRabbit:
You are dating yourself.
Sadly.
He ain't realized it yet.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Guyman02: 11:33am On Nov 25, 2019
Let me share a personal experience, when I was dating my wife, I didnt take time to observe that I was basically doing everything in the relationship and it was a one sided affair.
I was buying things for her because money was flowing and she was earning little from her work place. I deluded myself that she was stingy because she earned little and since I was making a lot of money outside my salary there was no issue, I was simply in love.
Then we got married and she got a better high paying job.
After sometime my company redeployed me to another unit where I was forced to depend solely on my salary, no more access to vendors and suppliers who tipped me regularly to facilitate procurement under my control.
We had our baby and the salary alone could no longer carry all our bills, the rent which I could afford to pay without touching my salary back in the day was now a burden.
I kept asking my wife for assistance and it was not forthcoming, it was then I started thinking backwards and realised that I didnt take note of her stinginess.
The pressure continued growing and frustration started setting in, I was calculating what her salary can do for us but she was not ready to assist, frustration due to mounting financial pressure started getting hold of me and in the process katakata burst.
She will even tell me that the bible says that any man who cannot feed his family is worse than an infidel.

We had fights and nothing has changed in her attitude, she spends her money however she likes including buying cars of her choice, trinkets, sending to her family etc while my own money in her eyes is for the Federal Republic. Whenever I send money to my own relations or people in need she gets angry and will remind me about outstanding school fees, gas, light etc so I have to resort to doing things for my own people without informing her.

I had to accept the situation and live grudgingly with it since I cannot divorce her but decided to hustle harder for the sake of the family including her.
At this point its no longer about love in marriage but survival, that her beauty and other 'traits' wey being dey shack me then is no longer the key element in the relationship after some years because there are several bills to settle.
Financial consideration is a very key point for any relationship to be successful and stinginess (which is tantamount to selfishness) causes crisis in marriages.
Guy I will not advise you but I am sharing my personal experience of several years in marriage to help you decide.

84 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by princessbeauty: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2019
Op be worried please . Stingy people are not one to live with.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Ijaya123: 11:34am On Nov 25, 2019
Guy, you have every reason to be worried.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by HolyHero: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2019
You too be stingy

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:35am On Nov 25, 2019
Jeeeesuuuusssss
Not even a hair cream, not even a toothbrush, #200?

My brother, better run oooo,,, you will end up buying pants for your kids..... Ehhhhh, marriage strong oooo,,, how can a woman be so stingy..... Oluwa.

Come, watin you see for her body so?

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Magicians: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2019
Please where did you get your certificate of foolishness from ? The level of your foolishnesses is indeed fascinating.

Rajman45:

Ur very funny....lol.

All d digging ur giving her, back and front... U think say na for free. Please wipe that useless idea that sex is a mutual enjoyment for both parties. Sex is not for free.... Even married couples has paid for it through paying her dowry.

Never u forget that ur d one going into her nd not d other way around.

10 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by imitateMe(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2019
Dimples0303:
She's submissive though... Right? grin grin grin grin
Stingy woman spotted

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Forward77(m): 11:36am On Nov 25, 2019
This is beautiful and lovely

mumumugu:
it doesn't matter how far you have gone in the wrong direction, back off. start anew.

For God so love the world that he GAVE........

true love is tested in the act of sacrifical giving.

stop giving to her. don't wait till you are broke. tell her you needher help. continue asking for her assistance.....

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2019
princessbeauty:
Op be worried please . Stingy people are not one to live with.

This is not a wife material at all.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by VillagePipu: 11:36am On Nov 25, 2019
Someone shared a story of how a man was sick and his wife refused to sell the his property he bought in their joint name in order to get her sick husband proper medical car.

If you like, marry her. It is that stinginess that would make her mess you up in your old age.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man Impregnates Girlfriend During NYSC, Dumps Her, Weds Another Lady Secretly / U.K. Based Lady In Shock After White Man Asked To Split Bills On A Date (Video) / 13 Pictures 'friendzoned Victims' Can Relate To (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.