Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,387 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? (45335 Views)

She Ended Her Last Relationship With Court Proceedings, Should I Be Worried..? / What A Man's Babe Sent To Him. Should He Be Worried? / She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Quorax: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:
the reason you wrote this is because you don't have much. if she is a good person despite this, then marry her. Actually, you are the provider in the family. How come i never see rich men complain of stingy women?
crap

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
shege45:
a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. That woman no go support you in hard times. Na only ur money go dey go House. Just know your salary would be for all of u. Be wise
#gbam#.
Op better 'japa' because from what he wrote,she's not gonna change.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Brightgem(f): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
This one bad trait is really bad. You have raised all the valid points by ya own self. Life being give and take. If you sure you can do this, she wnt cross a gutter for you, while you'll cross river.

Plus u have spoken to her and nothings changed. Wait. Even on special occasions you have not received a gift from her? Like birthdays?

How does anyone function without being a giver sef, there is no joy in giving.

If it's a deal breaker for you. Walk away, if she values you very much, she'll knowA she needs to change.

2years is better than life time of you almost dying, and stingy partner won't be bothered to help. Not making sense.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Billy99: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Starlight10:
Guy dont miss her ooh, my big Sis is stingy, she was like that till she got married to the Guy, guess what!, now her family comes first, she no send us. She spends all her money on her kids and home. The guy is practically not doing much at home. This kind of wife will put her marriage and her nuclear family first. Don't listen to the people here telling you that you are dating yourself. No body has come to say anything about a stingy wife. Women are sometimes like that. Some girls give as a way to tie a man and when she enters the marriage you won't see anything again. Be wise.
Madam shut up. Maybe you are like your big sister sef. Read what the op said again, for 2 years.... 2 years means 365 days x 2.. She no even buy hair cream or pin. I sure say she neva even contribute anything for the relationship. Even as little as one gold circle. She won't change. Hold a stingy woman tight ko. Make God no let us see o.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by berryace007: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2019
Maybe the girl is from IJEBU grin

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Kirinwa: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry

You should be very worried. She could abandon the children to you one day for one Alhaji.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by user283: 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rejoice5000:
Marriage comes with alot of sacrifice from ur explanation she does not have what it takes to run a home.2yrs plus not even a pen as a gift what happens to Valentine Day,Christmas celebration,Easter celebration not even a boxers gift from her hmmmmmm not just being stingy she is also Very wicked,very very wicked ur parents and sibling,close friends will be in trouble.cos as little as water they won't get from dat stingy woman of urs.women are the general managers of their home with dis her stingyness how can she handle dat.if dat part is wat u don't like in her flee biko.LOVE GIVES.YES LOVE GIVES.
Like you pointed out, I sensed my family will be in soup because she's also not accommodating
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by foyeks2001(f): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
My brother, pls run.
Someone I know was like this b4 she got married and she's still the same even worse.
Her husband provides everything in their house even including pencil, despite her having 2big shops in Abuja city center. Do you also know that she uses her maiden name in all her properties Properties that we know her husband contributed large amount for her to get Her husband also finances her businesses, something we her siblings are in the know but to her, the man hasn't done anything. If you see the way she talks down her husband to people, even Satan will be surprised.
We her siblings can't go to her for ordinary N 100 paracetamol... Her response has only being... I haven't sold anything since morning but ask her husband for the N100 if that man comes around that moment.
Despite her millions( someone that travels to USA, UK, Dubai, Senegal, Turkey, etc to buy goods) cannot eat N2000 food at a sitting but she will gladly collect from you if you give to her.

Note: That kind of woman cannot see you go broke o, else you and your children are in hot soup.

8 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by MDBoss(m): 12:14pm On Nov 25, 2019
The elders have said it all, you are dating yourself.
Instead of using your little earnings to get yourself a good life, you are donating it into river

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by releastaso(m): 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Sometimes I just get tired of seeing some useless comments. Do we really have adults this foolish?

One saying ur digging her is not free, the other saying she works in shoprite.. therefore no money to spare.

How much is toothbrush or singlet? Even common boxers of 300naira.
I give up jare.

6 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by VillagePipu: 12:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I've never received any gift from her before.. Not even a gift as cheap as N100

If you are sick (God forbid) and you need money to pay for one or 2 things, do you think she would use her money and pay for you to live?

That lady would allow you die for her to save 500k.

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
Magicians:
Please where did you get your certificate of foolishness from ? The level of your foolishnesses is indeed fascinating.

I got it from ur wife....... I could share it with you, since stupidity runs in ur family
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by smartleo(m): 12:16pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry

Let me also contribute after I had read the words of the elders.

I want to share a personal friend experience with you .

The wife is all these church babe that act as if they have what to offer in marriage ,she listen to church tapes and also reads books but she is kind of lazy especially for 8 to 7 kind of Jobs and this has been the situation before they got married ,baba till now matter still remain the same .

Bottom line people don't change in marriage ,marriage has a magnifying lens especially on character issues .

I don't even know what to advise you on .
Just decide and enjoy your life now and in the future .

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:17pm On Nov 25, 2019
piagbara:
Its funny when people see sex as a one way thing, is it not both parties that are involved in the act, as for men paying bride price, its a culture thing sebi in india ladies pay dowry
Is more funny when u think that having sex with a girl is ur fundamental human right towards her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by user283: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
Brightgem:
This one bad trait is really bad. You have raised all the valid points by ya own self. Life being give and take. If you sure you can do this, she wnt cross a gutter for you, while you'll cross river.

Plus u have spoken to her and nothings changed. Wait. Even on special occasions you have not received a gift from her? Like birthdays?

How does anyone function without being a giver sef, there is no joy in giving.

If it's a deal breaker for you. Walk away, if she values you very much, she'll knowA she needs to change.

2years is better than life time of you almost dying, and stingy partner won't be bothered to help. Not making sense.
I'm glad you see the point I'm coming from

She has never bought me anything before.. I'm not even talking about something as huge as N5,000, I'm talking about something as little as N100

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by greenalwaz: 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
Hmmm! This is a very delicate issue that u need to think over it very well.Note in any relationship if d man is d one that is stingy it is easier 4 d woman to influence a change later on but if it's d other way round it might b difficult ...it was an advised I was given years back n thank God it works 4me. Women are mostly d giving type n when they're not, it's a red flag.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:18pm On Nov 25, 2019
philcz:
This comment reeks of senselessness
LOL.... Urs reeks of stupidity and foolishness
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Theboss100(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream
something is telling me she is spending on another guy. Pls investigate her
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by anigbajumo(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
optimismlaz:
That's because she is single put that ring in her finger, she will change. Go ahead and marry her

Lol,the guy will bite his fingers at last if he marry her.I dumped my ex because of this reason pending av introduced her to my family,I couldn't see it as issues until I was in the same shoe she was while I tried my best for her but wen it is time to reciprocate she blantly ignored me,that was wen I saw the clear picture and forget her without thinking twice.

No reasonable guy should be expecting something much from ur Lady but the zeal to help each other at crucial time is wat matter most.The Lady is even a NLder and am sure she is seeing this but I don't fuc** care.

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Onyiibuckman: 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
Quality20:
just continue with her, this isn't really a bad quality, even at that guess she has other better qualities u admire so much n like. She might change gradually. Ladies by nature are like babies, babies wanna keep everything to themselves and are stingy but do grow out of it at different times. This isn't enough reason to break up Mr man.
I disagree with you on this oo Mr Oga. My own mum was like that with my dad and she have not changed till now. That trait is inbuilt that never changes oo although I don't advice he breaks up with his woman but my own account is based on true life experience

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by inspector1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 25, 2019
[quote author=shege45 post=84337919]a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. That woman no go support you in hard times. Na only ur money go dey go House. Just know your salary would be for all of u. Be wise

WISE WORDS, IF SATURDAY GO BETTER.... NA FROM FRIDAY U GO DON DEY FEEL AM.... MY BROTHER RUUUUUNNNN FOR UR LIFE, EXCEPT IF U ARE READY TO SHOULDER ALL UR FUTUTE FINANCES AS A COUPLE, SHE WILL ONLY CHANNEL HER MONEY INTO HER PERSONAL LIFE NOT URS NOT THE FAMILY.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by loswhite(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:
the reason you wrote this is because you don't have much. if she is a good person despite this, then marry her. Actually, you are the provider in the family. How come i never see rich men complain of stingy women?
How do you define rich men? How much do you need to have for you to classify yourself rich? Well you will never hear them complain tho because they can easy dump your sorry ass and move on to the next

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:20pm On Nov 25, 2019
content208:

You are one of those brainwashed fellows that think women don't like sex, right? Will it interest you to know that many women will dump their boyfriend if he can't give them adequate sex? Wake up, Mr.

I guess ur more brainwashed and dumb than u cared to believe.

Whatever u think doesn't interest me.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by content208: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rajman45:

I guess ur more brainwashed and dumb than u cared to believe.

Whatever u think doesn't interest me.

I even think you inherited Dumbness from your parents.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Kirinwa: 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2019
Idrisenagi:

She just doesn't care, how can a woman be this selfish for God sake

and insensitive.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:22pm On Nov 25, 2019
anonimi:

Blacks and our obsession with sex, spending so much time, energy and money on it to the detriment of other things to edify ourselves and build our communities.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4273539_fbimg1472991509128_jpega41416663f46d9694b9293059e01401c

But sleeping with them anyhow u like is not a normal occupation for u and others.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rejoice5000(f): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
Like you pointed out, I sensed my family will be in soup because she's also not accommodating
There's no way she can be accommodating she is naturally wicked if u like peaceful and happy home free dat lady.look for someone else dat will give what u want.don't use ur money and buy what will be pinching u for the rest of ur life.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by slowice(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
A stingy babe ....you should be concerned. Marriage isn't for stingy pairs

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by loswhite(m): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rajman45:

Ur very funny....lol.

All d digging ur giving her, back and front... U think say na for free. Please wipe that useless idea that sex is a mutual enjoyment for both parties. Sex is not for free.... Even married couples has paid for it through paying her dowry.

Never u forget that ur d one going into her nd not d other way around.
Pussy men everywhere..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Dulcinea(f): 12:23pm On Nov 25, 2019
Lol some people are naturally stingy and it seems she's one, if you can't live with it, you had better quit the relationship. If you can, you can try to change her by giving her always, if she's a good person, she might have a change of heart because of your actions.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rajman45(m): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
content208:

I even think you inherited Dumbness from your parents.
Now I know that stupidity runs in ur bloodline.... I feel so sorry for you. Take heart
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by favour32(m): 12:24pm On Nov 25, 2019
Whatever you experience during dating will be magnified when married.
What you described about her being stingy now is just a child's play when you marry her.
Take a walk and thank God later.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ruggedman Busted Following And Liking A Local Porn Star's Photos On Instagram / Lady Shares Her Ordeal On How She Left A "Real Man For A Bleep Boy" / Valentine: Before You Follow Him Out This Evening, Security Tips.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.