Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? (44580 Views)

She Ended Her Last Relationship With Court Proceedings, Should I Be Worried..? / What A Man's Babe Sent To Him. Should He Be Worried? / She's One Year Older Than Her Man. Should She Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Chamakh93: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2019
op , abeg no mind all these pple wey Dy make uno marry am o, although, no be I say I Dy support dat kind character , but u can't just leave a relationship because of something as trivial as dat. pple go kon Dy ask u why u quit d relationship , u go kon say na because of stinginess, u sef no go fit talk am. so think again.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Depressed101: 11:49am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I've done that before but it doesn't change anything bro
chei op that woman is an obiakpo. Which means her mind too strong... You can never grow with that kind of wife, because all the family responsibility will be upon your head alone

3 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by wallezee: 11:50am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

P.S: I'm still with her because she has other good traits

Please pardon my typos. I wrote this in a hurry
The worse part is, she might be seeing another guy who doesn’t have a job and she’s not stingy to him.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by philcz(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2019
Rajman45:

Ur very funny....lol.

All d digging ur giving her, back and front... U think say na for free. Please wipe that useless idea that sex is a mutual enjoyment for both parties. Sex is not for free.... Even married couples has paid for it through paying her dowry.

Never u forget that ur d one going into her nd not d other way around.
This comment reeks of senselessness

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Lexusgs430: 11:52am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
There's this lady I've been dating for two years now. We happen to be members of the same church and I ought to have taken the relationship to the next level by getting my parents to her place for our introduction last month but I had a rethink and postponed our introduction due to an issue that might cause problem in the future

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type. When I mean stingy, it's on the high side. Assuming she's just averagely stingy I wouldn't really be bothered but this is gross.

I work as a bank teller (contract staff) and my salary isn't really much while she works in Shoprite. Even from the little I earn, I'm always sensitive to her needs and I tip her whether she's stranded or not since I love her but how can I explain being with a lady for two solid years and I've never for once received any gift no matter how little it is? Not even something as little as toothbrush or hair cream

Initially, I didn't see this as a big deal probably because I grew up with the mentality that it's a taboo for a man to expect gifts or little support from his girlfriend when he's in dire need
but I've now grown to realize that "give and take" is one of the key elements of a good relationship

Even if I get stranded or go into debt, my girlfriend acts nonchalant and she'll be the
last person that will ever render a little financial assistance to help my situation. You might say I should sit her down and discuss about it. Yes I've already done that and I made her understand that I actually postponed our introduction for no other reason but because I'm still indecisive if I want to spend the rest of my life with a selfish woman but her response shows she takes pride in being stingy

I even used logic to whine her younger brother recently just to be sure if she's stingy to me alone but the boy confirmed it that her sister is very stingy. I decided to carry out my findings on her brother because I believe he should know her better.

You might want to talk about sex but my belief is that sex is just a mutual pleasure and does not define what a woman gives to you in a relationship especially a relationship that will lead to the altar

What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman because it's written all over her that she cares so much only about her own well being

Please advice your fellow brother. Do I have a reason to be worried? I've been jumping a lagoon for a woman who can't jump a gutter for me especially when it comes to giving. Should I tolerate this level of stinginess from a woman simply because I'm a man?

Once you get married, be prepared to carry all your family expenses for head, like óṣukà.........

Rent, school fees, feeding bills etc etc......... A person that cannot give you N10, from N100...... Would never drop 10K, from 100K........

You have seen the signs, she would never turn generous at the altar...........

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by ibechris(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2019
U have just found a problem that is capable of destroying a marriage...then why should u go ahead to consummate it?

Watch ur back brother.

If she is stingy, let her marry herself cos the consequence is not good for any man.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by olatunji390(m): 11:53am On Nov 25, 2019
I can't marry someone that can't take care of the home when am not around. Imagine u travel to somewhere, and wife is calling to say money no de again when she is also working. Mbanu

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by tweakdude1: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2019
Guy my advise is stop spending on her and see her reactions then conclude? grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Germi9: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2019
Stop giving her gifts or money,be stingy too...then watch out for her reaction.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by badmotherfucker: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2019
What's getting me worried is that we've come a long way but I don't want to end up with a selfish woman
you've already advised yourself, stop looking for approval.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 25, 2019
Why don't you people learn to pray and follow the will of God? All these issues won't be there if you follow God's will. Most people are just driven by fleshly lusts and forget that God knows better. Right now you're confused. I've gone through the comments and I'm certain, making a decision from them won't be easy cos they have too many smart but different views. Put God first. I'm sure God will arrange a "perfect" wife for you.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Sam2310(m): 11:55am On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
I've done that before but it doesn't change anything bro
so whatelse are u waiting for?
My brother i know is not easy to walk away from2year relationship.
with the way things are now., no walk away, run for your life instead.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Acidosis(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2019
Try and borrow some money from her (e.g. a quarter or half her monthly salary/spare money). Deliberately refuse to pay back as promised and watch her reaction. If she sees you as a TRUE partner, she wouldn't come asking on the due date. Whenever she comes asking, take note of her use of words. Is she interested in getting back her money by force, or the challenges as to why you haven't been able to pay? You need to do this to draw a firm conclusion on your spouse's disposition to money matters.

Btw, I would also be surprised to know you have no idea how much she earns monthly, her savings/investments, etc. after 2 years of courting/dating. Discussions of this nature are very very important if you're thinking marriage.

Know what she does with her money. Women aren't all that difficult to groom. In what ways have you influenced her spending habit, savings culture, and risk appetite towards investments? Look, a woman will naturally trust you with money and everything else when you exhibit an excellent leadership. There's something she does with her money you need to find out.

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by bigpicture001: 11:59am On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:
the reason you wrote this is because you don't have much. if she is a good person despite this, then marry her. Actually, you are the provider in the family. How come i never see rich men complain of stingy women?

You are wrong my guy....having much money nd not getting stufs from ur gal is a bad sign dt sh wouldnt b of assist to u wen d chips are down...know one has it all figured out..life is ups nd downs.....

When children would hv divided her love for u nd live challenges takes toll on her...sh will evn b more stingy..my advice; dump her nd go ur way..
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by surrogatesng: 12:00pm On Nov 25, 2019
There is no problem here.Get married to her,get her pregnant then leave all the antenatal bills for her to pay.That way you will get even with her.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by MilkANDpepper: 12:01pm On Nov 25, 2019
majormofor:

You man, your dating yourself o... If a girl truly loves you she would buy something without telling you.
Best advice---"buy something for urself and let her know it's New and tell her, it's one of your female friends that bought it and you love it soooooo much..
Let see how we go from there. Her reaction should speak more

Trying to use a lie to solve an issue as serious as this is a no no. Dear poster, please o, if you can't help it WALK AWAY. If you are ready to gamble with this it's up to you. Goodluck.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:
Why don't I think I owe her no responsibility too since I'm not yet married to her? Does it mean I'm being foolish?

But remember her younger brother told me she's that way when I whined him
I think u need her to teach u how to manage money lipsrsealed

On a more serious note, if its something u can cope with, u may go ahead.

But always remember she's likely not gonna help u with any children school fees. grin

If u won't like that, u betta japa now and find another girl.

Unfortunately d new girl might just end up being a totally different kinda stuff - or prob. worse than d devilsbfirst daughter. lipsrsealed

Bros remember no woman is perfect... Everybody is SICK...

In fact we are all fucking SICK... lipsrsealed
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by pressplay411(m): 12:03pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

I noticed my girlfriend is the stingy type.
It's a tricky one to judge.
I'm glad you're both believers, meaning you both would submit to the Word of God as I believe you intend to make Christ the Head of your home.

That said, one of the major things Christ does in a believer is make him or her a giver. It doesn't even matter if you're engaged or not.
The love of God expressed in giving His only begotten Son, breaks the hardness of a heart and makes us givers of our time, service, finances and even life.

No one is perfect but stinginess is quite a big deal regardless of gender.
The most important thing I believe ypu need to look out for is that she submits to God's Word. If she doesn't yield to the Word and Spirit of God, then there's an issue.
But if she yields, then there's hope cos we are all growing. She'll get there.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by LINTUNE(m): 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
sadly this the mentality of naiaj babes, u just cant help it, she might really love u but in the aspect of giving , a typical naija gal will rather give her male friend instead of giving he r bf..they believe that, giving their pussy to their bf is enough..very terrible mentality though

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Quorax: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

89%of Nigerian girls are like that. It's a disease.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by content208: 12:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
Rajman45:

Ur very funny....lol.

All d digging ur giving her, back and front... U think say na for free. Please wipe that useless idea that sex is a mutual enjoyment for both parties. Sex is not for free.... Even married couples has paid for it through paying her dowry.

Never u forget that ur d one going into her nd not d other way around.

You are one of those brainwashed fellows that think women don't like sex, right? Will it interest you to know that many women will dump their boyfriend if he can't give them adequate sex? Wake up, Mr.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by romenna: 12:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
Some days ago, me and my guys discussed extensively about this issue of greed and stinginess of our ladies.
Parents are raising very stingy set of females this days.
Personally, ive bn with notin less than 20 ladies for different reasons but one tin clearly stands out, they are all takers, receivers, collectors with a tiny few willing to give very little stuff to their man.
Pls this attitude needs to change.
The current babe I've decided to settle with, knew I had just spent over 300k to make my crib look good cos our plan is to wed next year, but I expected her to drop even if it's 50k to support me, but to my surprise, she offered prayers, she told me God will return all that I had spent.
Though unlike OP's case, she sometimes buy little gift like perfs n creams and i do same for her.
But I can never watch her spend 300k n not support with money but prayers.
I think most women are greedy.

5 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Slynation(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
lereinter:
When I saw the topic, I thought your gf were to be working with CBN or their likes

But how can you write that someone working in ShopRite is stingy

She has not got enough to spare with you

Well

If you don't give her does she complain heavily
I once had a girlfriend that usually support me from the money i do give to her without her been a working class and also buys me things as well....So ur point is baseless and inconsequential

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by osiamerica(m): 12:06pm On Nov 25, 2019
Free her at once bros cus she can never give what she doesn’t have.she’s selfish bro.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Reelmii: 12:08pm On Nov 25, 2019
user283:

stop buying her things, stop giving her money, if she ask u why u stopped all this, tell her u are saving for the future,,, let her buy her toiletries and do any personal, spend ur money on urself

but if she does not ask why u stopped giving her money, dont talk about
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by kunyeo(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:
the reason you wrote this is because you don't have much. if she is a good person despite this, then marry her. Actually, you are the provider in the family. How come i never see rich men complain of stingy women?

I don't know your age, but if you are probably in your 40s or 50s you will realise that rich people do go broke at times. Just the way this life IS-INSIDE LIFE!

2 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Saintjohn007(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Upload her pic let see if it true....so we can stay very far away from her grin grin...anyway...you d one who wears d shoe and know where it pinches u d most.....but don't be decieved....if you can't change an inborn lifestyle or habit now that you courting her.....it gonna take a miracle to change her when married,u just gonna live with it for d rest of ya life n overlook it.....so make d right chioce now u still hot time man....remember you give to what you love n not what you hate.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by lollybizzu(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Op even on your birthdays?

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by releastaso(m): 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2019
Eyeness:

You're a dunce. Idiot.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by Rejoice5000(f): 12:10pm On Nov 25, 2019
Marriage comes with alot of sacrifice from ur explanation she does not have what it takes to run a home.2yrs plus not even a pen as a gift what happens to Valentine Day,Christmas celebration,Easter celebration not even a boxers gift from her hmmmmmm not just being stingy she is also Very wicked,very very wicked ur parents and sibling,close friends will be in trouble.cos as little as water they won't get from dat stingy woman of urs.women are the general managers of their home with dis her stingyness how can she handle dat.if dat part is wat u don't like in her flee biko.LOVE GIVES.YES LOVE GIVES.
Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by user283: 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
lollybizzu:
Op even on your birthdays?
I've never received any gift from her before.. Not even a gift as cheap as N100

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is Extremely Stingy. Should I Be Worried? by udemzyudex(m): 12:12pm On Nov 25, 2019
lereinter:
When I saw the topic, I thought your gf were to be working with CBN or their likes

But how can you write that someone working in ShopRite is stingy

She has not got enough to spare with you

Well

If you don't give her does she complain heavily

Read and understand the post ,don't jump.

Go back and read it again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

15 Pictures Every Nigerian Who Has Been Single Too Long Will Understand / I Cheated On My Boyfriend With A Married Man - Please Advise / After Telling Him The Truth He Hated Me Forever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.