Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,655 members, 7,816,684 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! (71687 Views)

Yahoo Boys In Benin Throw Money Into The Air (Video) / Yahoo Boys Throw Money Into A Dirty River During Ritual / Hushpuppi Transferred To California For Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 11:31am On Nov 30, 2019
onecoder:
Its better you make the fund available and report yourself to the bank to clear issues. If police come nab you for your house you'll cough out nothing less than 100k.
That's the best advice..
Return the 50k back to your account..
Then report yourself to the bank

Nothing concern police or lawyer except you get enough money to waste
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by periphetes: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Op, I hope you have learnt your lesson? Henceforth do not trust longtime friends you have not heard or seen for a long while.

PLEASE DO NOT GOTO THE BANK ALONE. you will certainly be arrested irrespective of what you say alone.

Steps:
1. Get evidence about your innocence that you not an accomplice with your friend. Recorded voice notes will be most helpful.

2. Inform your parent they should get a lawyer on your behalf.

3. You should all go make a statement at the fraud department of any force headquarters police station.

4. Afterwards let a police rep, lawyer and your parent follow you to the bank to see the branch manager.

With all explanation made by you to the manager I assure you won't sleep at the police station. : )

Please note : Do not let your friend to be aware of your actions. He will surely be arrested and detained afterwards.

Lastly, I repeat do not ever go to the bank alone irrespective of your evidence or else you will regret it.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by SarkinYarki: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2019
chigoizie7:

And going to the police 1st, won’t they still hand him over to the anti fraud unit as well?

When he goes he should not report himself but report his friend , he should tell them his friend is a fraudster and decieved him to use his account for fraud
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by onulakak(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Bro,

I understand how you feel right now, as a banker I would advice you to report to the bank to clear your name, you have to clear your name and implicate that your friend, because your BVN will be blacklisted bank wide, you cannot have a Nigeria account again in your life if your BVN is blacklisted.
Please we should all be careful about giving your account number out, make sure there is a written evidence showing that you know nothing about the transfer ( tell the person to send you an SMS).
Before going to the branch make.sure you have called the customer service and other police unit...report the case

I had to create this new Acct to post this
Pls permit my typographical errors
Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

I’m suppose to visit the bank today but I was busy

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by ogbuefi677(m): 11:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:

What can I do now I can’t leave my account like this

If I don’t go to them they will surely come to me and that will be worse
bros.
This is not a very serious ish since the money was from his dad and your niccur has confessed to his dad(If na international Yahoo or any Yahoo, na serious gbege)
Either have a lawyer advice you(99% of them rarely do anything without money) or shave well,dress responsibly and go to a police station one early morning and demand to see the DPO(the junior ones na them de cause wahala,demand for money)
Explain to him as you have done here and show him evidence that you've transferred the money intact to your guy and also show him this evidence that your guy has confessed to his dad.
Tell him you came for fatherly advice.
Hold small cash like 3-5k in case he needs money for fuel to go to the bank,recharge card,photocopy etc.
Go early so whatever you guys are doing will end b4 close of work and of course inform somebody who should inform a lawyer in case the worst happens.
Cheer up
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2019
BareFacedLies:

It's not his responsibility to replace the 50K since he already sent it to the friend who had it transferred to him in the first instance
He owns the account
Bank no wan hear stories
He has to refund the cash
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2019
macklef:

For 50k? Thats not kidnaping

you think some people don't split the money to make the story/transfers easier?
i am sure you hear the stories of people queuing at atm - where someone tells them - abeg my account has problem - let me send you 50k so you can withdraw for me. you think a kidnapper will send the full ransom to a single account?
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Trimque2k1(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2019
If it were to be me in ur shoes,I don jejely arrest myself with enough proof say I nor get hand inside o,den arrange my bail money down with that guy 50k because police must hold that 50k first...
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by DuxofMen: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:
Don't go to the bank immediately.

Firstly, make a report to any Police station close to you. They will take the case from there.

The only thing I'd add to this advice - go along with a lawyer.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by OgogoroFreak(m): 11:36am On Nov 30, 2019
Drag the "your friend" to EFCC. Problems solved.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Kay25(m): 11:36am On Nov 30, 2019
record your phone conversation with the guy first of all to have a proof u are not part of them.then take a step to report at efcc
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by greggng: 11:36am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

Last week Saturday I was reading when I got a call from a friend that he needs my account number because his account can’t take the sum of money he wants to receive from the person that wants to transfer for him I asked him how much he said 300K I said jokingly that he should go and get a better account and stop operation student accounts. So I sent him my account details and the person sending him money credited my account 50K I told him that I revived only 50K not 300K he said yes that the person has reached his limit for the day ..

I seen him his money later in the evening via Quickteller because the server was not good and I was left with only 22K that was in my account before ok good ..

Fast forward to yesterday Evening I tried checking my account my login in and I noticed my account has been restricted I was confused on what might have happened I thought it’s something simple that I’ll walk to the bank and perfect it .. then I decided to message the costumer care I was told I need to update my Bvn informations that I should dial a particular number and follow instructions I tried it but it’s not working .

Just after my Pratical in school today I was sitting when my guy called me again that is there anything wrong with my account he said I should not go to the bank because the 50K transaction that was sent earlier was fraudulent I was like wtf but he dropped the call ..

I called him again his contact was not available so after sometimes he messaged me online telling me the guy that sent it used his brothers account and he told him that it’s not from his account that his own personal account has been locked too because he later revived money directly from him and that’s how he got to know ..

What i’m after is a solution now can I go to the bank and explain my self already or what can I do to make all this not to bounce on me because I know noting about it I’ve never received any fraudulent transactions before someone said I should take him along to the bank and just hand him over when anything happens all
I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

I am glad you know the destination of the fund sent to you. Arrest your guy and take him to the bank for further questioning . That way your bank will take you seriously ....that money could 've come from a kidnapped victim ...we 've to becareful ......Don't let him know you are bringing police ....make it a surprise
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by alphaNomega: 11:38am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I need is a solution right now me mad the guy went to same primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

TALK TO A LAWYER!
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Grace001: 11:38am On Nov 30, 2019
@OP if you're still reading this, DO NOT GO TO BANK it has happened to my friend that run a PAGA shop. Someone used his account for kidnapping victim his account was restricted and was asked to come for update, before we know it police arrested him. From lagos he was transferred to Nnewi Anambra, but thank God it was later settled after spending almost 600k naira, if not for the intervention of a lawyer.

Hire a lawyer and let them communicate with your bank on your behalf because the bank already have court order from police to restrict your account. A word is a enough for the wise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by worldman(m): 11:38am On Nov 30, 2019
Oga it's very simple don't go to the bank if not you will regret coming to this world. Get your friend arrested first, your investigative police officer will take you to the bank
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by macklef(m): 11:39am On Nov 30, 2019
ornicus:

you think some people don't split the money to make the story/transfers easier?
i am sure you hear the stories of people queuing at atm - where someone tells them - abeg my account has problem - let me send you 50k so you can withdraw for me. you think a kidnapper will send the full ransom to a single account?
Have u been a kidnapper before? So a ransome of 3mill woll be transferred to 60 people. For your info, the do drop offs for cash rather than bank accounts. Except its a ficticious account that cannot be traced
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by mozes01(m): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Pls, don't go to the bank. You will be arrested immediately you get there. And bailing yourself na wahala. My advice is get hold of that your friend 1st then take him to police station to lay a complain..I'm talking from experience o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by ProtectMyMoney: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Yaoli:
Hello Nairalanders,

I primary school and secondary so I know him very well and made me trust him with my account what can I do right now

You trusted him, but didn't verify him.

Go and confirm where your friend resides without informing him. Go to the nearest Police station to make a report, then go with the police to arrest him so that both of you will go to the bank together.

As it is at present, you are already assumed to be an accomplice and may not be given room to prove your innocence until proven guilty.

1 Like

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Toma2: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
Nelso2:
Kindly report your self quietly to the nearest police station as soon as possible. When you gate to their gate, say police I am here.
U funny grin
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by engronwe22: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2019
Do not go to the bank immediately, they will disgrace you by arresting you. Call that your friend to your house, then get him/her arrested by police, before going to the bank, for your own safety, that account is already on PND red alart, if you go to the bank they will tell you to wait, while waiting to ratify it, na arrest be that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by periphetes: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2019
Toma2:

That's the best advice..
Return the 50k back to your account..
Then report yourself to the bank

Nothing concern police or lawyer except you get enough money to waste

No, that's a totally wrong advice. If he takes such action, he is attesting indirectly to be an accomplice trying to safe himself.

He will be arrested and detained instantly and at the police station he would be forced to reveal his friend as an accomplice without access to his own people.

War against any kind of fraud is extremely high now. Every force agency are looking for scapegoats. Please Let him be wise
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by babyfaceafrica: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2019
ubabuizu:
Let me help you out as an experienced banker..walk in to the bank and demand to see the control and compliance officer..I repeat..meet the control and compliance officer and give him a detailed explanation of what happened showing him the text .
He will either request you document it to look official and to also present the guy.
Hope my tip helps out

what if he can't present the guy?.will he be arrested?
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by lele007: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2019
Davash222:
Don't go to the bank immediately.

Firstly, make a report to any Police station close to you. They will take the case from there.

op if you love life, ignore this advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by emmy512: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2019
You see that screen shot? How are you sure it's from his father. Do you have his father's number?
He could just use another phone and chat with himself as his father so that you will loose guard.
Take this seriously, still try to ascertain that it's truly his father.
It takes more than that screenshot to prove anything.

Be wise.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2019
The best advice has already been given.
Op follow it up and set yourself free.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 30, 2019
macklef:

Have u been a kidnapper before? So a ransome of 3mill woll be transferred to 60 people. For your info, the do drop offs for cash rather than bank accounts. Except its a ficticious account that cannot be traced

https://www.nairaland.com/3172141/bride-kidnapped-wedding-eve-ondo

guy - naija lo wa. understand that, like everything or kidnapping 'business' is stratified

from okada level kidnapper to range rover level kidnapper
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Jodesky(m): 11:46am On Nov 30, 2019
I have a case just as yours in my hands right now.
If you go to your bank, you will be handed over to EFCC, not the Police.
I understand there's a network of fraudsters who use innocent holders of clean bank accounts to conceal the trail of their deeds.

You just seem to have been roped in the net. If that your friend will not follow you to the bank, you must have his contact details by which he can be arrested otherwise EFCC will hold on to you.

You may wish to preempt EFCC by instigating the arrest of your friend by reporting him to the Police. The Police will then push the matter to EFCC through the bank.

Either way, be prepared to spend some money on the Police and lawyer if you have one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by amadiwati(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2019
madone:
Chat that guy up or call him on phone and have ur conversation recorded. Make sure in ur talk u make it clear in record that u don't know anything and make sure he confirms it thru ur dialogue ..never allow him know u are recording ur call. If it chatting try doing a voice note to him so he a reply...if the above is successful g to the nearest and trusted lawyer to go with u to the police to make a report n the happenings.show them ur record as prove of ur Innocence. Then go to the bank and correct the error fast before ur friend rans far the police will get him down and he will bring the rest ofhs gang

After all this is done. Go to the nearest efcc office and report the incident. I know of an innocent guy who fell victim. You're lucky they guy opened up to you. He went to the bank to withdraw money his own brother sent to him.they told him to hold on let them check his account.unknown to him they have contacted efcc. In less than hour they showed up and carried the boy to Enugu. He came back after three days to narrate the event to us. Because we thought he was kidnapped.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by seniormallam(m): 11:52am On Nov 30, 2019
Tell your friend and his dad to go and explain to the bank, the father should explain to the bank that he later discovered that it was his son that did the fraud and that he innocently request for your account details,
Tell him if they didn't do that , you will report at the nearest police station, and by so doing, he will exposed his son to prosecution that will tarnish his image and even spend more money in getting him out
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by babyfaceafrica: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Kids theses days, Fifty thousand what wrong in asking his for for cash?

like his dad will give him?..na all these piken wey their papa get money but stingy dey run this Kain package....may God save us from this type of children
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by Lonelypacifist6: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

like his dad will give him?..na all these piken wey their papa get money but stingy dey run this Kain package....may God save us from this type of children
Probably true.
Re: A Friend Transferred Money Into My Account, About To Put Me In Trouble! by BumbleDevil: 11:54am On Nov 30, 2019
My candid advice, DO NOT ENTER THE BANKING HALL. If you do, you aren't stepping out.

What you don't know is this,

Restriction was placed on your bank account through an instrument called Bankers Order and there is an inclusion of APPREHEND ON SIGHT, in every bankers order.

Dont go to the bank oooooooo
I have borrowed you my one kobo.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wife Serves Her Husband Indian Hemp At His Workplace (Pictures) / Joy Odama Murdered By Alhaji In Abuja, Parents Call For Justice (Photos) / "How I Was Raped By My Mother's Boyfriend At Age 13 & Neighbor At Age 5" (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.