Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,277 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. (2414 Views)

A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro / Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? / Warning To All Male Romancelanders [PICTURES] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by frozen70(f): 10:52am On Dec 01, 2019
MVPtesley:
they say experience teaches better. I believe no matter how hard I try to sound like I understand what marriage is all about I ll end up deceiving myself.

so ll like my married brothers and sisters out there to tell us the single people what the reality of getting married truly is.

it's a practical thing... only those in it can realistically say cogent facts about it.

Marriage is sweet if true love is found

Marriage has the most dramatic and confusing issues, but sitting together to sort it out immediately is the best way

Marriage is a subject that if you don't resolve a present situation, it will spread and affects future situations

In marriage, children brings joy, but providing for them is part of the issues that affects marriage

In marriage men who protects their wives from family attacks are more respected by women

If you expose your wife to your family and the fracas starts, she will make the home uncomfortable for you

As a man love and take good care of your wife, she will definitely carry the financial burden of the family with you, but if you don't care about her, you will hardly see her penny

Women love attention, it weakens their stubbornness

Finally

Once you make your woman happy, you will always come home wherever you are and the kids will love you more

The children will aways support their mother no two ways about it, if you prove to them that you love their mum, it will be difficult for them to misbehave

The last but not the least, if you are in good terms with their mum, both of you can handle the children perfectly but if you are not in good terms with their mum, their mum will teem up with the children to handle you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 01, 2019
frozen70:

Marriage has the most dramatic and confusing issues, but sitting together to sort it out immediately is the best way

Marriage is a subject that if you don't resolve a present situation, it will spread and affects future situations

In marriage, children brings joy, but providing for them is part of the issues that affects marriage

In marriage men who protects their wives from family attacks are more respected by women

If you expose your wife to your family and the fracas starts, she will make the home uncomfortable for you

As a man love and take good care of your wife, she will definitely carry the financial burden of the family with you, but if you don't care about her, you will hardly see her penny

Finally o

Once you make your woman happy, you will always come home wherever you are and the kids will love you more

The children will aways support their mother no two ways about it, if you prove to them that you love their mum, it will be difficult for them to misbehave

The last but not the least, if you are in good terms with their mum, both of you can handle the children perfectly but if you are not in good terms with their mum, their mum will teem up with the children to handle you
wow, inspiring and deep. thanks

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by frozen70(f): 10:59am On Dec 01, 2019
MVPtesley:
wow, inspiring and deep. thanks

Thanks too
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by iLegendd(m): 2:32pm On Dec 01, 2019
Nat404:
Okay but unfortunately, I am not with my own laptop here. Would contact them when I finish writing my book. I always like to plan ahead you know. Can you recommend a trusted-person for me?

I love the design of Herbaylove, but I haven't used him.

Just dig yourself and see if things will work out with the two of you. If it doesn't, keep searching. I hate to recommend, so what I said above is the only thing I'll say on this.

Keep writing. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by herbaylove(m): 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
iLegendd:

I love the design of Herbaylove, but I haven't used him.

Just dig yourself and see if things will work out with the two of you. If it doesn't, keep searching. I hate to recommend, so what I said above is the only thing I'll say on this.

Keep writing. All the best.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
thanks for the good review sir
will love to work for you one day

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by akaahs(m): 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2019
frozen70:

Finally o

nice from u. please oo, what ll u say about a man loving his wife more than that she loves him?
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by frozen70(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
akaahs:

nice from u. please oo, what ll u say about a man loving his wife more than that she loves him?

That's the best form of love

Do you know why

You will do everything to make her and the kids happy

Your happiness is in her and the children

No matter how naughty she can be, you won't even notice it because love covers all

The thought of her misbehaving is zero because what women need is love and she can't get it better else where

Her prayer points are centered on you that even if you are not as committed as she is in prayers, her's alone is enough to move your life forward ever

She will never have any reason to compare your love with any thing and she will never ever compromise her live for you considering the sacrifice of your love

2 Likes

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by akaahs(m): 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2019
frozen70:

That's the best form of love

Do you know why

You will do everything to make her and the kids happy

Your happiness is in her and the children

No matter how naughty she can be, you won't even notice it because love covers all

The thought of her misbehaving is zero because what women need is love and she can't get it better else where

Her prayer points are centered on you that even if you are not as committed as she is in prayers, her's alone is enough to move your life forward ever

She will never have any reason to compare your love with any thing and she will never ever compromise her live for you considering the sacrifice of your love
Yeah, thanks and Jah bless
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2019
let me ask....

RisenPhoenix:

- don't marry a woman whom you 'love' more. She will definitely take advantage.

are you saying that you as a man couldnt say no to (or stop) such conniving woman?
dont you think it is a bit sad that a man would be afraid of ANY woman he loves dearly?!
how do you even calculate how much someone loves you?!?!?!?!?

- in line with the point above, never relinquish control over your family. You rule, and your wife must know it and observe it.

bro, we are talking of a marital union here, not slave master and servants. how can you claim (as above) that you would love someone, yet see her as a slave? any person who look at marriage as a ruler over his servants, is not ready to be married, let alone have a caring person by their side.

- she can advise you about family affairs, but do not accept any advise or suggestion that is not backed by evidence. Throwing temper tantrums, pouting, sulking etc are not evidence. Don't let her believe that she can control you by the power of feminine wiles and emotions. If she wants to propose something, she must logically prove its value.

anything you just wrote is EXACTLY the same for men.... a wife definitely should NOT accept anything from her husband unless it is backed by evidence and proof... not just his misplaced ego etc

- don't marry a woman you cannot trust. No woman is completely trustworthy, but there are degrees. Find one who you can trust to a certain level, maybe she holds certain principles etc. Her love for you will ensure that she remains so.

there is no half way trust, you either trust someone or you dont... and if you dont trust a woman then you have no business getting married to her.

- don't waste your money on dining and wining her. Save, invest, repeat. You may budget a fixed percentage of your annual income for entertainment, DO NOT EXCEED THE BUDGET. Only when your income has risen sufficiently for the entertainment budget to attain Dubai levels should you take her to Dubai. Stay within your budget AT ALL TIMES, regardless of the pressure she puts on you (like telling you stories about her friends partying abroad).

so how will he get to know anything about her?
unless saving and investing is what was your life's focus BEFORE marriage, then i dont understand why it suddenly should be AFTER marriage. and if thats the life she chose to live with you (aka no dining/whining and just a miserable life focused on money) then so be it

- don't profess love and affection at every drop of a hat. It's degrading.

what love/affection exactly are you talking about?!?!? the above clearly show that you have no love/affection for that slave/servant you are talking about..

- do not show her that sex can rule your decisions. She will use sex to control you. If she has a low libido; propose a second wife to help her out. Her libido will magically increase. The trick is to make such suggestions credibly in a serious moment , AND MEAN IT.

how can sex rule the decision of a man?! are men's brain now suddenly linked to our libido when taking life/family decisions?!?!

Now for your duties:
- bear the full burden of expenses. Do not leave anything for her to pay. Make sure your budget is within your means.

let me guess, she is NOT allowed to have a job too, is it?!

- Get her a comfortable place to live in, and respect her space. The house is her domain and you are a guest. Don't interfere in her activities there.

let me guess again.... her life's duty is to cook and clean, abi?

- Respect her efforts. Do not degrade her food or deride her publicly; eat it or leave it silently and go to mama Esther's buka opposite the house. She will ask why you do not like her food. Explain gently, but do not force change. If she does so by herself, there will be less resentment. Praise the food if it is good.

dishonesty in marriage is just the beginning of the end. a man should ALWAYS be fully honest with his partner...and if he doesnt like her food or anything else for that matter, he should say so (and hubby should expect exactly the same from wifey). we are talking of 2 adults here who are sharing a life together, not some complete strangers.

- help out at home, but not too often. Better still, suggest that she gets a maid. Pay the maid's salary by adding it to your wife's housekeeping fund. Do not yourself ever interact with the maid, she's entirely your wife's. Even if you want a glass of water, let your wife instruct her.

i guess if wife is away, husband will become mute in his own house abi?!?!?! how can a man have people living in his own home (that he is paying for) yet he cant even interact with these same people?! what kind of madness is this? if you are so afraid to be around a female maid (without being accused of anything) then GET A MALE MAID... unless of course, your misplaced ego will make you believe that such male maid can fool around with your wife, bwaaaaaah!

- Never physically attack her. Very important. Not even in play.

if a woman attacks her husband then this man needs to defend himself the best way he sees fit. if that deluded woman thinks its ok to beat her man, then she deserves the exact same treatment.

- Permit her to own her property if she is working. Never interfere in any of her financial activities unless she specifically asks you to.

if your partner buys a property then thats YOUR property too... what kind of man would kill himself to provide for his family while his own wife is creating wealth FOR HER OWN SELFISH SELF?!?!?!? what type of madness is this?!?!?! let me guess: the day you have problem to pay the bills, you need to beg your wife to "borrow" you money, right?!?!

- do not go begging her if she fights and runs off to her parents' house. The first time, wait for her to come back when she is ready, then tell her gently but sincerely that if she does it once more, you might have to add a second wife to the mix. She will never do so again.

the above SOLELY depends on what the fight is about... if you cheated and/or physically abused her (unprovoked) and/or did anything wrong then you MUST go beg your wife for forgiveness, and i would fully understand if she doesnt forgive you.

- Take the children out sometimes to give her peace. Women do work hard sometimes and need to take time out to watch a marathon of telemundo, African magic or zeeworld or whatever nonsensical shows are the feminine rave. Take your kids to some zoo or gaming center and let them go wild on the computer games for a whole day while she does exactly that.

why would these kids want to go out with the stranger they call "dad".... if mom is the one raising the kids all the time then going out with them once in a blue moon is a waste of time. you are a stranger to them and they will be raised by the manly figure in their lives aka MUM/DRIVER/MEGUARD etc

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
MrBrownJay1:
let me ask....

are you saying that you as a man couldnt say no to (or stop) such conniving woman?
dont you think it is a bit sad that a man would be afraid of ANY woman he loves dearly?!
how do you even calculate how much someone loves you?!?!?!?!?

bro, we are talking of a marital union here, not slave master and servants. how can you claim (as above) that you would love someone, yet see her as a slave? any person who look at marriage as a ruler over his servants, is not ready to be married, let alone have a caring person by their side.

anything you just wrote is EXACTLY the same for men.... a wife definitely should NOT accept anything from her husband unless it is backed by evidence and proof... not just his misplaced ego etc

there is no half way trust, you either trust someone or you dont... and if you dont trust a woman then you have no business getting married to her.

so how will he get to know anything about her?
unless saving and investing is what was your life's focus BEFORE marriage, then i dont understand why it suddenly should be AFTER marriage. and if thats the life she chose to live with you (aka no dining/whining and just a miserable life focused on money) then so be it

what love/affection exactly are you talking about?!?!? the above clearly show that you have no love/affection for that slave/servant you are talking about..

how can sex rule the decision of a man?! are men's brain now suddenly linked to our libido when taking life/family decisions?!?!

let me guess, she is NOT allowed to have a job too, is it?!

let me guess again.... her life's duty is to cook and clean, abi?

dishonesty in marriage is just the beginning of the end. a man should ALWAYS be fully honest with his partner...and if he doesnt like her food or anything else for that matter, he should say so (and hubby should expect exactly the same from wifey). we are talking of 2 adults here who are sharing a life together, not some complete strangers.

i guess if wife is away, husband will become mute in his own house abi?!?!?! how can a man have people living in his own home (that he is paying for) yet he cant even interact with these same people?! what kind of madness is this? if you are so afraid to be around a female maid (without being accused of anything) then GET A MALE MAID... unless of course, your misplaced ego will make you believe that such male maid can fool around with your wife, bwaaaaaah!

if a woman attacks her husband then this man needs to defend himself the best way he sees fit. if that deluded woman thinks its ok to beat her man, then she deserves the exact same treatment.

if your partner buys a property then thats YOUR property too... what kind of man would kill himself to provide for his family while his own wife is creating wealth FOR HER OWN SELFISH SELF?!?!?!? what type of madness is this?!?!?! let me guess: the day you have problem to pay the bills, you need to beg your wife to "borrow" you money, right?!?!

the above SOLELY depends on what the fight is about... if you cheated and/or physically abused her (unprovoked) and/or did anything wrong then you MUST go beg your wife for forgiveness, and i would fully understand if she doesnt forgive you.

why would these kids want to go out with the stranger they call "dad".... if mom is the one raising the kids all the time then going out with them once in a blue moon is a waste of time. you are a stranger to them and they will be raised by the manly figure in their lives aka MUM/DRIVER/MEGUARD etc
jeez !!!
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by frozen70(f): 9:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
akaahs:

Yeah, thanks and Jah bless

You are welcome
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Saintly01(m): 12:12am On Dec 03, 2019
Okoroawusa:
There is nothing anyone that has been to Dubai will tell you that will be like you entering a plane n landing in Dubai yourself.

When you enter marriage you go see with your eye. Woman wey you wan carry enter room no need to dey pinch her for road. Be patient... yansh go tear young woman reach where e tear old woman. You hear?
Hahaha, this contribution is damn hilarious.

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2019
MVPtesley:
give me your preference specification. I ll do it free of charge.

I need one too, will you do it free of charge for me?
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 03, 2019
Nooil:

I need one too, will you do it free of charge for me?
k
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 03, 2019
MVPtesley:
k

Can I send an email?
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 03, 2019
Nooil:

Can I send an email?
onomaeous@gmail.com
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 03, 2019
MVPtesley:
onomaeous@gmail.com

Thank you
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 03, 2019
RisenPhoenix:
If you are a man your rules should be:

- don't marry a woman who is aggressive and controlling. She will wear the pants in the family and run it into the ground.
- in line with the point above, never relinquish control over your family. You rule, and your wife must know it and observe it.
- she can advise you about family affairs, but do not accept any advise or suggestion that is not backed by evidence. Throwing temper tantrums, pouting, sulking etc are not evidence. Don't let her believe that she can control you by the power of feminine wiles and emotions. If she wants to propose something, she must logically prove its value.
- don't marry a woman you cannot trust. No woman is completely trustworthy, but there are degrees. Find one who you can trust to a certain level, maybe she holds certain principles etc. Her love for you will ensure that she remains so.
- don't waste your money on dining and wining her. Save, invest, repeat. You may budget a fixed percentage of your annual income for entertainment, DO NOT EXCEED THE BUDGET. Only when your income has risen sufficiently for the entertainment budget to attain Dubai levels should you take her to Dubai. Stay within your budget AT ALL TIMES, regardless of the pressure she puts on you (like telling you stories about her friends partying abroad).
- do not show her that sex can rule your decisions. She will use sex to control you. If she has a low libido; propose a second wife to help her out. Her libido will magically increase. The trick is to make such suggestions credibly in a serious moment , AND MEAN IT. [Quote]

Now for your duties:

- help out at home, but not too often.
- don't ever report her to her parents or worse still, yours. She will see you with contempt henceforth. Only a weak man goes crying to mama. Resolve any issues by yourself. She can go running to her mama if she wants; she's not supposed to be a strong man.
- do not go begging her if she fights and runs off to her parents' house. The first time, wait for her to come back when she is ready, then tell her gently but sincerely that if she does it once more, you might have to add a second wife to the mix. She will never do so again.

Married and intending couples, follow these advice at your own peril. He made some good points no doubt (which I removed from the quote) but you see those ones up there, tread carefully.

2 Likes

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 03, 2019
I'm not in the mood to write an epistle this morning but note these things;
1. Whatever red flag you are seeing while dating, it will only get worse in marriage, so ask yourself if it's something you can live with.

2. You have to be decide to be the foolish one SOMETIMES for peace to reign, you won't always have your way.

3. Commitment, it won't always be rosy, so you must decide to work on your problems even when you don't feel like it.

4. Don't let children take the spark out of your marriage, a lot of couples are guilty of this.

5. Marry someone who can put his or family in their place, not the one that will see back and watch them walk all over you. Let everybody know you guys are a team and it's pointless trying to come between you, intentionally or not. I was watching "This is us" the other day, there was a scene when Kate was angry with her mother when she came for her first gig. After she stormed out, her mother turned to her boyfriend and was asking if she did anything wrong. The guy's reply almost made me cry, let me paraphrase "You know I'm trying to get you to like me, but know this, I'm Team Kate, always Team Kate so don't ask if you were wrong, I'm always Team Kate". That is exactly how marriages should be but some men and women allow friends and family come between them.

6. Avoid long fights, the devil is always on the prowl for marriages to destroy, try as much as possible to settle your issues quickly. Not sweep them under the carpet o, settle them.

7. Communication, you have probably heard this a million times and that's because it's very important. Refrain from assuming, always communicate with your partner, sometime that is all it takes to restore peace.

8. Don't cheat!!! Cheating causes pain in ways you can't imagine and some relationships never recover from it, there should be mutual trust. A marriage without trust is half-dead.

9. Go for someone who is God fearing, who knows what integrity really is. They will show in little things, their perspective on issues, how they relate with otheres...A lot of people throw those words around but do not actually practise them.

Chai! I still wrote an epistle o. Lol.
These are the things I can remember at the moment...and of course, the most important part, God. Never leave God out of the equation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Nooil:

Thank you
uwc
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Forward77(m): 1:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
This is genius.

Maximum Respect to You Man!!
From the depths of my heart.

RisenPhoenix:
If you are a man your rules should be:

- don't marry a woman who is aggressive and controlling. She will wear the pants in the family and run it into the ground.
- do not show her that sex can rule your decisions. She will use sex to control you. If she has a low libido; propose a second wife to help her out. Her libido will magically increase. The trick is to make such suggestions credibly in a serious moment , AND MEAN IT.

Now for your duties:

- bear the full burden of expenses. Do not leave anything for her to pay. Make sure your budget is within your means.
- Get her a comfortable place to live in, and respect her space. The house is her domain and you are a guest. Don't interfere in her activities there.
- Respect her efforts. Do not degrade her food or deride her publicly; eat it or leave it silently and go to mama Esther's buka opposite the house. She will ask why you do not like her food. Explain gently, but do not force change. If she does so by herself, there will be less resentment. Praise the food if it is good.
- help out at home, but not too often. Better still, suggest that she gets a maid. Pay the maid's salary by adding it to your wife's housekeeping fund. Do not yourself ever interact with the maid, she's entirely your wife's. Even if you want a glass of water, let your wife instruct her.
- Never physically attack her. Very important. Not even in play.
- Never cheat on her, and also do not ever tolerate her cheating on you even if it's only a text or a tweet. Clarify to her from the first day that any form of cheating is going to end the marriage. Assure her that you are also subject to the rule.
- Permit her to own her property if she is working. Never interfere in any of her financial activities unless she specifically asks you to.
- don't ever report her to her parents or worse still, yours. She will see you with contempt henceforth. Only a weak man goes crying to mama. Resolve any issues by yourself. She can go running to her mama if she wants; she's not supposed to be a strong man.
- Take the children out sometimes to give her peace. Women do work hard sometimes and need to take time out to watch a marathon of telemundo, African magic or zeeworld or whatever nonsensical shows are the feminine rave. Take your kids to some zoo or gaming center and let them go wild on the computer games for a whole day while she does exactly that.

Good luck in your marriage.
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by drnoel: 2:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
Okoroawusa:
There is nothing anyone that has been to Dubai will tell you that will be like you entering a plane n landing in Dubai yourself.

When you enter marriage you go see with your eye. Woman wey you wan carry enter room no need to dey pinch her for road. Be patient... yansh go tear young woman reach where e tear old woman. You hear?

As long as the Yash tearing na only one knife cause am
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2019
Forward77:
This is genius.

Maximum Respect to You Man!!
From the depths of my heart.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
SBL28:

Married and intending couples, follow these advice at your own peril. He made some good points no doubt (which I removed from the quote) but you see those ones up there, tread carefully.

You endorsed the one that says he should take the kids out and give you time to rest and left everything else? Lol. Mine is not to enforce. Anyone who takes part of the advice and abandons part will not see full benefit.

By the way, went through your response. Communication? Be foolish? No long fights? Don't let the kids take the spark out of marriage? You wish. Maybe in a utopia those points might work.
Re: Married Romancelanders Pls Teach Us D Single Ones About Marriage. Give us Expo. by Okoroawusa: 7:14pm On Dec 03, 2019
drnoel:

As long as the Yash tearing na only one knife cause am
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Valentine Package For Your Woman??? / I Like This Girl, But She Has Aborted Twice / Why Do Babes Dump Their Guys For Ready Made Men A.k.a (oppressors)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.