Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,867 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? (6737 Views)

If You Find Out That Your Husband Is Impotent After Marriage, What Will You Do? / Girl: My Ex Is Trapped In A Loveless Marriage. What Can I Do? / MEN!! This Happens When You Let A Woman Have Some Power Over You!! [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by emmaodet: 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ariza:
Direct your question to your wife, if she isn't able to give you a satisfying answer and you aren't able to be of more value to her than being a money provider then you should know both of you are the reason you have this argument.

You can't come here to ask me what a woman offers, when all you lots ever demand from women is the pleasure their holes can give. You lots relegate your women to sex providers and come here to cry wolf. You don't share your problems with them, you don't allow them to make decisions, you don't involve them as your helpmate but you naturally want them to be super women.Biko? does that make sense? A woman will give you what you can take same way they have been getting what they can take from you. Increase your bar/standard and see the wonders your woman can do.

I asked you the question and you told me to direct it to my wife?
If you didn't typed what you wrote up there i won't have asked the question in the first place. That is by the way.
Don't place the blame solely on the men please. A man does not need to push a woman before she knows what to do abi what is the need of been an adult then and educated when you can't think and take critical decisions?
Do we need to shout and say that the average nigerian man is struggling before a wise nigerian lady knows she needs to buckle up? Something that is visible to the blind and audible to the deaf?
It's well

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Geminita1(f): 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2019
Grandlord:
Well, one thing I admire about us humans, is our variety. The world also needs people like you to pleasure us, the ambitious people. That's okay though. But without hardworking people we wouldn't reach the heights of our achievements as humans.

This explains clearly the difference in development that we have between the developed climes(populated by driven, ambitious and innovative people) and third world Africa(populated by people laying back and popping babies). grin
Those developed countries were built by men like you. Women just got rights to work not long ago. I love men because they can create a lot of things to make life easy for women and children. Its okay to be a man, you don't have to share your responsibilities with us. grin

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Coldie(m): 6:28pm On Dec 01, 2019
If I have all those things God knows I go jejely look for one white woman marry.

As I dae hustle na on my own, why would I make it and some stranger that wasn't there for me when I was nothing jump out and say we want to marry.

If we must marry and u are not a white woman, then u self on your own go be jagaban.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Grandlord: 6:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
Geminita1:
Those developed countries were built by men like you. Women just got rights to work not long ago. I love men because they can create a lot of things to make life easy for women and children. Its okay to be a man, you don't have to share your responsibilities with us. grin
This woman sef. grin grin
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by chigoizie7(m): 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ariza:
Oh I get the shade grin sorry I missed that and yes I concur with you on that, equal right, equal responsibility Lol. However I do not believe in competition among spouse, neither do I believe in inferiority or superiority I believe in oneness/equity among spouse. And respect should flow from both ends.

That said, I see that you are a traditional man but I need to ask, with the current economic situation will you advice couples to stick with their traditional African Man or Woman 's roles in marriage?
Two, what's your honest opinion on women posses properties? Let's say your wife!

Number 1. I can not say that I won’t marry a woman I have come to love simply because she doesn’t have a job. Still going by the traditional African believes of man being the head, thus, the responsibility of providing for the family lies on his shoulder. Before I walked up to a lady to indicate my interest in her as regards to marriage, I must have been prepared, emotionally, psychologically, financially and otherwise. I would also want a woman I want to marry to be prepared as well. But because of the economic situations of this nation, I can’t say I won’t marry her because she unemployed. You know the definition of unemployment.

2. As regards to my wife possessing of properties. It is a win win situation for me. I am a hustler, I am not hustling just to feed today, I am making plans for my tomorrow, and that is investments , which possession of properties is part of it. If my wife already has a property before I marry her, it is entirely her decision to do whatever she intends to do with it. If she is already married to me, it is also her decisions to decide on whose name it will be on. I have a cousin who works with a government agency, and the cooperative she belonged to acquired a large piece of land for all the members taking one plot each, of course her own share is going to be in her name not the husbands name. If my wife is in such situation, would I tell her not to get the land simply because she is a woman? My mom had some, my dad too, till now, I know those properties they bought individually is now meant for something they owned collectively and that is us their children. In igbo it says, isi mkpi na aba na akpa mkpi.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by gforce5: 6:51pm On Dec 01, 2019
This is why I say that Nairaland men are the most confused set of people on the face of the planet. You complain about pretty girls being dumb and having nothing to offer except sex now I'm seeing a quote rejecting the notion of having a highly educated woman as a wife. What do you lots want? You complain about poor girls being financial parasites while rich girls are arrogant and disrespectful. So I ask again...what do you lots want?
Designerdollars:
Big boobs, big ass, intact virginity, fine face,
good cooking/domestic skills and most importantly, she must be submissive! undecided

Post edit:she should be slightly educated too. I find extremely educated female's unattractive, repulsive and intimidating sad angry
I don't want to be competing with woman wey i marry put for house undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2019
Common sense.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:11pm On Dec 01, 2019
See how ladies are hustling for guys on this thread grin grin Their shakara is coming to an end.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:16pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ariza:
Women aren't encouraged because the society limits them to be a receiver/dumping site in Nigeria. In Nigeria, there is a boundary to how far women can go, how much they can own or do. Those who have been able to break free are labelled with all sort of names, their wealth questioned and their success stories are met with inhumane responses like "Na kitchen she go end"

Some Nigerian men if not most won't settle with an independent or rich women, to them she would be arrogant, unsubmissive and uncontrollable.And one is left to wonder why these men are power freaks and egoistic. Not that I blame these men though, remove money from their relationships, most have nothing to offer so how would such man be with a woman who has in abundance? Forget what you read here Sir , most comments are pure lies! A typical Nigerian guy want a woman who has nothing to offer than the hole between her legs.Anything other than that will be too much for him to handle.
I Fvcking hate this society limits bullshit, are all the ladies making it in Nigeria not In the same society as you are? It's become a stale excuse find another.

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:19pm On Dec 01, 2019
Grandlord:
Don't you think this mentality would be detrimental to your kids and even your aged parents who depend on you? Or aren't you enlightened enough to know that you'd have people who will depend on you for care and that it is your responsibility to stand up for them.

What if your man dies? loses his job? gets ill? Those poor kids suffer?

Are you comfortable letting your man care for your aged seniors?

Are you saying the girl child is worthless as regards this aspects? Thankfully I have role models of who a strong woman should be. They're my queens, higher than princesses. cool
Lazy assed wenches looking for whom to fleece Are the ones who make statement like that I pity Who's gonna put her at home.

2 Likes

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ariza:
Take note of the word "typical" you probably do not fall in that category because you mixed breed (probably a case of typical man + untypical woman) Your genes are diluted so you may see things differently.

However I would like to bring your notice to the bolded and what they connote which is: A Nigerian Man will always find a successful women as a competition. A threat he needs to eliminate by achieving more.No matter how much he pretends to accept or love her for who she is , some part of him will want to rise above thereby pushing his boundaries like you have innocently admitted and stated.

I saw a thread today where a Man typed that he married a boss lady and went on to just that whoever is in his shoes should have at least 3 jobs.First thing that came to my mind was " shogun laye ni" ( Is life war?) grin Then I quoted him and advised him to increase it to 10 , so when he dies it would be inscribed on his grave: He died fighting! grin Honestly, I wonder what the competition is all about? Why go that far only to prove a point that you are the man or something? Pride has always been and will continue to be Men's greatest fall.

Women are wise, they keep a low life and eat the goodies of the land while men are loud beating chest all about and digging up these goodies. Pity!
The bolded is very WRONG my ex wife is successful by Nigerian standard and i see no problems or any need to match her Infact I still do all my traditional duties at home which means Footing ALL bills, Infact after divorce I still have her An uncompleted building as parting gift Y'all just wanna be lazy and don't want responsibilities and still wants Equal rights How's that gonna happen?

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
Designerdollars:
being picky about the kind of woman I want is misogyny abi undecided. Smh
They just throw that word around like it's paper.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Dec 01, 2019
isyourboy:
Pussy, just pussy.

One was telling me this morning she's entitled to 10% of my salary. I asked her why, she told me bluntly she has got pussy.
She want to collect tithe shocked shocked

Is she God??

Run away from that liability please..

To be forewarned, is to be.........

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
A lot of ladies doesn't have anything to offer except butt and boob. So if you hustle get money, find ladies wey get your desire butt and boob. You can't get any advantage in some Naija ladies more than those two things.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
The bolded is very WRONG my ex wife is successful by Nigerian standard and i see no problems or any need to match her Infact I still do all my traditional duties at home which means Footing ALL bills, Infact after divorce I still have her An uncompleted building as parting gift Y'all just wanna be lazy and don't want responsibilities and still wants Equal rights How's that gonna happen?
Dude if you want to have this conversation, clamp down the accusations and offensive words. If women in your life are lazy bunch who leech on men good, but don't use them as a yardstick to judge others.You do not know me neither do I know you, show some respect or use the door.

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Designerdollars: 8:36pm On Dec 01, 2019
Only financially handicapped men want all what you stated up there from a woman.
I for one would never marry a lady who is career driven.I'm financially free(at least by world standards) and I want a woman to build a home with. Not some 'clever' feminist who will be busy building another man's business.
gforce5:
This is why I say that Nairaland men are the most confused set of people on the face of the planet. You complain about pretty girls being dumb and having nothing to offer except sex now I'm seeing a quote rejecting the notion of having a highly educated woman as a wife. What do you lots want? You complain about poor girls being financial parasites while rich girls are arrogant and disrespectful. So I ask again...what do you lots want?

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 01, 2019
emmaodet:

If you didn't typed what you wrote up there i won't have asked the question in the first place. That is by the way.
Don't place the blame solely on the men please. A man does not need to push a woman before she knows what to do abi what is the need of been an adult then and educated when you can think and take critical decisions?
Do we need to shout and say that the average nigerian man is struggling before a wise nigerian lady knows she needs to buckle up? Something that is visible to the blind and audience to the deaf?
It's well
Who best is to answer your agony filled argument ( your initial post) other than your wife Sir Emmadeot? In your rebuttal you questioned what a woman offers and lay emphasis on how unimportant marriage has become, now how do I convince you otherwise when you are in it already. Sir, I think I am justified to direct you to your better half who is the cause of your whole perception.Perhaps things aren't that way in reality but you chose to follow the Alpha male trend to spew gibberish.

Now, this is why you men hardly learn. Too argumentative and egoistic! Don't worry your Lord/Knight will explain things better when time comes.Peace!

1 Like

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by phemy36(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2019
emmaodet:

Don't place the blame solely on the men please. A man does not need to push a woman before she knows what to do abi what is the need of been an adult then and educated when you can think and take critical decisions?
Do we need to shout and say that the average nigerian man is struggling before a wise nigerian lady knows she needs to buckle up? Something that is visible to the blind and audience to the deaf?
It's well

You get time oo brotherly. I don't reply foolish comments. I only read it to help me take decision on some issues. There comment helps me alot. Now you allow her to insult you at will. Next time read comments and pass and take decision on their foolish comments. She will soon understand when she get to that junction. Just ignore for now. Thunder will fire her if she reply to my comment because i did not quoted her

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by emmaodet: 9:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
phemy36:

You get time oo brotherly. I don't reply foolish comments. I only read it to help me take decision on some issues. There comment helps me alot

My broda sometimes we need to reply them.
I like having positive debates with people so that we can both learn from each other
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by phemy36(m): 9:09pm On Dec 01, 2019
emmaodet:

My broda sometimes we need to reply them.
I like having positive debates with people so that we can both learn from each other

I understand you bro. Majority of them don't think rationally like that. Men think rationally while female thinks emotionally. So spot the different. She will rather insult you than to ask you salient and intelligent question and their type no dey take insult

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Okoroawusa: 9:13pm On Dec 01, 2019
yenereal:
You are funny though. So just virginity is needed according to you?
Who virginity help?
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2019
Ariza:
Dude if you want to have this conversation, clamp down the accusations and offensive words. If women in your life are lazy bunch who leech on men good, but don't use them as a yardstick to judge others.You do not know me neither do I know you, show some respect or use the door.
Sorry, I was agitated by your generalisation, and I wasn't accusing you.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Lonelypacifist6: 9:35pm On Dec 01, 2019
phemy36:

I understand you bro. Majority of them don't think rationally like that. Men think rationally while female thinks emotionally. So spot the different. She will rather insult you than to ask you salient and intelligent question and their type no dey take insult
Spot on i just observed that in her Arguing with them is pointless nothing intelligent Ever comes out, When they know they can't win they turn to insult or blackmail ie You're a misogynist or Egoist.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by johncallidon(m): 10:03pm On Dec 01, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

WELL, AFTER THE WEDDING NIGHT, AWAY GOES THE HYMEN. AWAY GOES THE CAR, HOUSE, AND PROPERTIES.

THEN THEY CAN BE EQUAL IN NOTHINGNESS AND MISERY. I LIKE YOUR IDEA OF FAILURE. smiley
Idea of failure?
Blood of Zakaraya

Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2019
Lonelypacifist6:
Sorry, I was agitated by your generalisation, and I wasn't accusing you.
Apology accepted but I didn't generalized, I used some and most in those posts you quoted. Lol anyways I hope to have a smooth conversation with you someday. Good night.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by gforce5: 12:16am On Dec 02, 2019
Fine. You are not interested in a career driven woman but do not complain if all she does is spend your money, ask you to foot all her bills, cannot engage you in a conversation (after all, you don't want a "highly educated" woman), watches telemundo/zee world and does not contribute anything financially to the house. We don't want to hear that your wife is a lazy parasite who sits at home all day watching T.V. Don't complain that all she does is to take and take from you.
Designerdollars:
Only financially handicapped men want all what you stated up there from a woman.
I for one would never marry a lady who is career driven.I'm financially free(at least by world standards) and I want a woman to build a home with. Not some 'clever' feminist who will be busy building another man's business.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 02, 2019
gforce5:
Fine. You are not interested in a career driven woman but do not complain if all she does is spend your money, ask you to foot all her bills, cannot engage you in a conversation (after all, you don't want a "highly educated" woman), watches telemundo/zee world and does not contribute anything financially to the house. We don't want to hear that your wife is a lazy parasite who sits at home all day watching T.V. Don't complain that all she does is to take and take from you.

BRO, You know life is a pot of beans & imagine something happens to his source of income, all of a sudden he cannot even say "Baby, please can you borrow me 1M till month end?". He will be stuck with life, stranded with no where to run to.

Did you see on Twitter & IG recently that women are now complaining that Men now go for Women in specific professions, Doctors, Lawyers, Nurses, It specialist & top bankers? Especially when it comes to relocation & writing IELTS, they claim Men are exploiting them & all sorts. Usually women have lived their lives not to put in any work & just to look beautiful, then guys will just go crazy.

What benefit will a beautiful girl that twerks on IG or selling hair & shoes on IG give you? None. After you CUM like twice, that's all oh, your eyes will clear.

Once I start talking to a lady & I ask, so what do you do for a living & she begins to stutter or saying, oh I don't like revealing info about me. That's definitely a red flag. You know she does nothing. Bye Felicia, end of conversation.
Re: If A Man Must Have Car, House And Job Before Marriage, What Must A Woman Have? by IyaTola: 10:00am On Dec 02, 2019
Guys,

Stop spending more money on that girl in an attempt to change her.

She is always getting angry at inconsequential things and you keep trying to pacify her.

She has deep issues and your money cannot solve them.

You should consider letting her go before she ruins you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When I Thought I Have Seen It All.... / If You See These Guys With Your Girlfriend What Would You Do(photo) / Guys Watch Out For This Cheap Romance Scam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.