Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating (60175 Views)

My Problem With Valentine's Day Celebration In Nigeria / My Problem With Nigeria Girls / [KingZaddy] Advanced Relationship and Dating Drills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2019
luminouz:

How soon are you guys closing up for the year? 20th?

There is something about this thread,guess who OP is o!
oya guese cheesy
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by zexy2030(m): 8:01am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
I opened this account because my main one is pretty popular.

I've had this issue and don't know what's wrong.
I can't seem to get a into new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?
This is actually the perfect time, to enjoy your marriage while you r young, 27, 28 isn't bad too but getting a suitor maybe quite difficult as your climb higher in your career, real men though not financially equated to your status feel intimidated, while fuvck boys dare but u can smell that from far all they want is ur pussy(if u r d type, dey may get 2u), then career guys too majority are selective(they consider themselves to be alpha male, they can get any woman, with their money and they are serious flirts).
Now to find a man that suits you, firstly,
At every level in life we meet suitors that appears to be perfect. I will advice to get into the circus of ambitious men(your spec) and that happens as your grow your career and catch your dream man where do you find your spec? 1. Online? no or maybe.
2. Social gatherings : weddings, burials, naming ceremonies, churches, tuition centres, camps
3. Art galleries and museums
4. Sport centres
But what works most for many these days is referral. Feel free allow him do what he wants, except sex, if u r dat disciplined anyways
...about sex? Men love sex honestly and it's just standing by your principles and be transparent with him. Call him for events go out together its fun, sex is just physical activity but never sweeter than a lovely companion.
As the guys notices you call him for social events and mostly allows him visit you in a public places you work or earn a living, by his observations and secret investigation about your chastity.. May never demand for sex. Men only ask for sex when your chastity is in doubt...that's mostly from what they hear compared with what u tell them or what they investigated about what u tell them..then trust is built. In all be yourself, never change due to environmental, or historical past..and if u must give him sex, engage him with subtle creative activity( I bet, your guy will love you more for intelligence than sex)
That's my little submission, though more
Though I'm still single. Not yet in any serious relationship...now just preparing for a good home. Maybe we should meet.

9 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:01am On Dec 03, 2019
healthserve:

Let's keep staying away from each other please.

Thanks
i never said i was going to stay away from you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:03am On Dec 03, 2019
zexy2030:

This is actually the perfect time, to enjoy your marriage while you r young, 27, 28 isn't bad too but getting a suitor maybe quite difficult as your climb higher in your career, real men though not financially equated to your status feel intimidated, while fuvck boys dare but u can smell that from far all they want is ur pussy(if u r d type, dey may get 2u), then career guys too majority are selective(they consider themselves to be alpha male, they can get any woman, with their money and they are serious flirts).
Now to find a man that suits you, firstly,
At every level in life we meet suitors that appears to be perfect. I will advice to get into the circus of ambitious men(your spec) and that happens as your grow your career and catch your dream man where do you find your spec? 1. Online? no or maybe.
2. Social gatherings : weddings, burials, naming ceremonies, churches, tuition centres, camps
3. Art galleries and museums
4. Sport centres
But what works most for many these days is referral. Feel free allow him do what he wants, except sex, if u r dat disciplined anyways
...about sex? Men love sex honestly and it's just standing by your principles and be transparent with him. Call him for events go out together its fun, sex is just physical activity but never sweeter than a lovely companion.
As the guys notices you call him for social events and mostly allows him visit you in a public places you work or earn a living, by his observations and secret investigation about your chastity.. May never demand for sex. Men only ask for sex when your chastity is in doubt...that's mostly from what they hear compared with what u tell them or what they investigated about what u tell them..then trust is built. In all be yourself, never change due to environmental, or historical past..and if u must give him sex, engage him with subtle creative activity( I bet, your guy will love you more for intelligence than sex)
That's my little submission, though more
Though I'm still single. Not yet in any serious relationship...now just preparing for a good home. Maybe we should meet.
thanks
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by dennel(m): 8:06am On Dec 03, 2019
healthserve:

The Op has deeper psychological issues bro. Don't bother. Nothing here or counsel from here would easily work. Some problems cuts deep into psychological, spiritual levels, not to forget deep flawed logic that leads people on a self-assuned path of safety till it cost them more than they realize. This isn't someone you can influence easily as they'll see themselves as hardly wrong, and yes not open to make needful corrections to lead a happy life!

Trust me I know this one. This is purely a psychological issues with the possibility of deeper spiritual background issues and then the obvious " habit " issues, habits that has been applied for so long that has formed the basis of how they apply themselves to life, hence they won't see their actions as wrongs cause over time it has evolved into their embelmic-actions

Noted bro... I think I like her charisma tho
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Shegzy8(m): 8:09am On Dec 03, 2019
aminusodiq:
Nice wen u set standards... It's a way to avoid a sad end! But better wen grace finds u... Cos dats d only way to escape eternal torments!!! Try ND match ur standards wit realities!!! ND hop dat dey love u in return!!!!
Most of d attitude u listed updia will Neva merge wit most guys standard either ambitious or not!!! Cos I don't see a sane man marrying a self confessed "feminist"!!!! If d wedding works...d marriage maynot!!! tongue[b]
Saw her replies to so many people and I just have to go with your Stan.

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by princefunmmy(m): 8:14am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
i've done that already, these are the ones i have left.
Wow that's serious! well, I can't give any advice because I'll misjudge you as I've not had conversation with you. you'd be fine las las... live one day at a time, open your mind and maybe if you take your mind off it. the right guy might walk in

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Shegzy8(m): 8:18am On Dec 03, 2019
Op is right to have standards but most things she stated are what we see in movies. Most of the guys within the age range and social circle you want also has their flaws, I've also seen guys spend and help ladies grow up and end up been jilted. From your info it seems your career just kicked-off.
Just be realistic, so many guys now want baby Mama's, some just want to park n go, went through all posts before replying and I think you have a lil bit of pride which you think is high esteem. It's easy to spot flaws in someone that was why I could see it. Look inward into yourself, you might be getting what you deserve.
All the best dear. Do not let anyone get you down with words. Na you 1 enter the marriage and not them (sweet or bitter).
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Beosten(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2019
partnerbizn4:

Really?

Could you elaborate more on that girl that you paid her fees?

Why did she leave?

And would you pay a girl's fees now if you could turn back the hands of time.

Few weeks to her graduation, I resigned from my job. I knew I couldn't raise a family with that job because it was hell of a job. I was doing it to save something and pay her fees. When I resigned against her wish, she left immediately. She called me a lazy man who doesn't want to work but want to eat. She thought life ended when I resigned.

I can't pay anyone's fees now in a datin relationship. I can only do that now for the sake of charity.

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:26am On Dec 03, 2019
princefunmmy:

Wow that's serious! well, I can't give any advice because I'll misjudge you as I've not had conversation with you. you'd be fine las las... live one day at a time, open your mind and maybe if you take your mind off it. the right guy might walk in
thanks
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by healthserve(m): 8:26am On Dec 03, 2019
Front Page for wider inputs and to teach younger ones some important relationship/romance lessons

Cc Farano Rocktation Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Harlequeen: 8:28am On Dec 03, 2019
Beosten:

Few weeks to her graduation, I resigned from my job. I knew I couldn't raise a family with that job because it was hell of a job. I was doing it to save something and pay her fees. When I resigned against her wish, she left immediately. She called me a lazy man who doesn't want to work but want to eat. She thought life ended when I resigned.

I can't pay anyone's fees now in a datin relationship. I can only do that now for the sake of charity.
Man, that's tough.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by hayzed1090: 8:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Erums:

Im postive you got good features, but this doesn't bless a man.... Be mindful

you can't be more correct. those features she listed actually are not blessing to a man in the long run. she probably did not list others I guess

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by partnerbizn4(m): 8:41am On Dec 03, 2019
Beosten:

Eiyaa. I wonder why women always remember the present and future and never the past.

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by YorubaPrince: 8:52am On Dec 03, 2019
Beosten:
What you have to understand is that if you see someone with these credentials, he must have used and dumped a lot of women before you met him. I grew up with a very poor grandfather, and still, I had two girls who were ready to be mine right from secondary school days. Another two women in the university fought each other to a standstill just to have me because they thought I have good future. I married none of the four. I spent 80% of salary from my first big job on a girl by paying her school fees. She ended up leaving me. I married someone who didn't collect Kobo from me before marriage, and I had no job when I married her. Today, I have 3 sources of income.

My advice for you is that you should drop this mentality of listing credentials upandan. If you can, believe God to help in this aspect; not by becoming a church goer, but by chasing righteousness.

Bros., hats off to you! ONLY if we have maybe 10K of pple like you among us in Nigeria, this nation would have been way greater than this. undecided

Too bad 85% of 9ja pple have mental problems. angry

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by mrcool31c(m): 8:53am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:

I can't seem to get into a new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

My dating history is not too rich. I dated just one guy for 2 years, i became sexually active with him, we enjoyed each other, but things didn't work out. I tried to be better, have moved on, and he has too. This was mid last year. I have been celibate since then not because i don't like sex, but because i had time to think, i read a lot of books, listened to a lot of relationship counselors on YouTube, reddit, Nairaland and so on. I decided to approach dating differently, with my head and not my heart . i would vet men out who were not in line with some basic standards, to avoid fuckboys and meet high quality men. He should be well spoken, either with a career or into trade, accomplished, way older by at least 10 yrs(no i don't have daddy issues, i just like mature guys because i think like a mature person) he could also have plans to leave the country, because i plan to do that also.

Here's the issue, the men that express interest in me do not fit this criteria. They seem to have no plan for their lives. I get this impression that they are broke, they recycle the same lines all the time, i usually see their bull sh1t tactics a mile away. some are in the army(i can't date men in the armed forces, they lifestyle is not what i want for myself, cannot date doctors either for the same reason)others are artisans, some are plain hustlers who just do whatever to eat. I have a soft spot for ambitious men, and i have not seen a lot in the area that i am in. I have been advised by my friends to try highbrow areas like lekki or VI or go to church, but i don't believe in religion.

But whenever i see these men, i am not attracted to them. I have even tried online dating with some male nairalanders, but i get disinterested easily. I get turned off when someone asks for my normal pics, it is quite frustrating. There's that fear that some of these men could use my pics to masturbate or one other creepy purpose. I block them if they ask for nudes. But the issue is, it is quite exhausting to keep chatting with someone without seeing them in person and some of these guys just want to smash and run which i won't allow. No man will have access to my vagina and womb without investment and commitment. Eventually it becomes hard to keep up communication and we just fizzle out like that.

I am not under pressure to marry from my parents, infact my dad says he won't allow his daughters marry until they clock 28 and i am the first. He wants us to have a career and a life before moving with a man. I just want to know if what i am doing is right?

To be honest, i just want some words of advice and encouragement, you can ask me questions if you want. This approach of mine? Is it the right thing? Am i being too smart for my own good? Am i afraid of commitment?
Harlequeen:

I can't seem to get into a new relationship. I am now 25, about serving, working a normal job

Harlequeen:

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
Wow! Real mature! Oya, clap for yourself.

So you are afraid someone will use your picture and masturbate ? Lol.

Ok, noted !

You have listed everything you want in a man. What are you going to add to his own life ?

You want a man who has a dream of going abroad ? grin nah corp member be your highest attainment. About to be.

You are dating up just like the typical woman. Nothing bad.

12 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by AlphaStyles(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2019
Madam your standards too much oo watin happen with all of this I don't think u will find the perfect man release yourself small and u will see how love will find u

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by MoIbrahim: 8:56am On Dec 03, 2019
You need to define clearly what you want, and realistically too. Don't be unrealistic.

Then stick to it, and never feel frustrated for insisting on what you want. If you go for something else out of frustration, you might regret. But be realistic as you define what exactly you want.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by healthserve(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2019
RonaldoVido:

So you are afraid someone will use your picture and masturbate ?

Ok, noted !

Oga why quoting me nah
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by healthserve(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2019
This is what feminism causes " sadness and loneliness "

22 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by samuelchimmy(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:

na pocahontas be this.. I can bet my balls

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by monimekaz(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:

In this life ,mad people will always think sane people are mad ..U still don't get the point ...wait till you are 45

7 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2019
I am tired of ladies comparing dick sizes, confused in the one to settle with and signifying dick size to ambition. Seems OP is one of them
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by OmoOshodi(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Your Ex has really messed you up....you need a rehabilitation

That's how people fail exams

Simple post :"I don't know what my problem is..."
And you guys start writing stories and epistles for her.

Tell her what her problem is and walk away......

She's not even asking for solution

10 Likes

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by samuelchimmy(m): 8:59am On Dec 03, 2019
Beosten:
What you have to understand is that if you see someone with these credentials, he must have used and dumped a lot of women before you met him. I grew up with a very poor grandfather, and still, I had two girls who were ready to be mine right from secondary school days. Another two women in the university fought each other to a standstill just to have me because they thought I have good future. I married none of the four. I spent 80% of salary from my first big job on a girl by paying her school fees. She ended up leaving me. I married someone who didn't collect Kobo from me before marriage, and I had no job when I married her. Today, I have 3 sources of income.

My advice for you is that you should drop this mentality of listing credentials upandan. If you can, believe God to help in this aspect; not by becoming a church goer, but by chasing righteousness.
. And the best romanceland comment goes to beosten

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by AK481(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2019
Pm me let’s collabo
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Lonelypacifist6: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:
i try to be. It's a very tough thing to do.
Forget about marriage if you're still trying to be truthful to yourself.
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by seangy4konji: 9:01am On Dec 03, 2019
Thiis one no good. That one no good. Which one come good in life

Nothing is perfect in life.it takes just abit of understanding. Near perfect and go for it.. Procastination is a bad disease.

Same way I have been planning to buy the new Toyota tundra at least 2015 TRD for the past 2-3 years.. I would save and reach the target. I would procrastinate. I would get another contract and get money start spending. Before I know.. Tundra is still in car lot..

Go for someone near perfect and shape it to what you want.

As NIKE apparel would say.

JUST DO IT.

PS.. Time is bastardy.. Though no pressure but when we look back at some things we would had wish we did it that time... We won't live a life of:regrets and you too.. Amen. The only mistake a man can makeeor woman is being with the wrong g person....it kills faster.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Eberex(m): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
You do not have a problem dear, there are many of ladies like you out there who fits into your lifestyle.

But my simple advice to you is this: You alone understand your want and what makes you happy with the opposite sex. Do not compromise this for anything.

We all have our criteria for the ideal person, which to me is not a bad thing, but you must be ready to be flexible. Look for a man with a good heart. He must respect women too.

Don't let it bother you. Everything has time. Your man will come at the appointed time.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Unghost: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2019
Harlequeen:

this problem of yours has a solution...... and I am the solution grin grin
Re: I Don't Know What My Problem Is With Men And Dating by Obito555(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2019
I pray u met the right man just like I pray I met the right woman too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Help: He Had Sex With A Widow Three Days After Her Husband's Death. / Lady Reveals Why A Guy Wooing Her Blocked Her On Facebook (Photos) / Gladys Lasila Weds Ian: 50-Year-Old Nigerian Woman Set To Marry White Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.