Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way (1502 Views)

Siblings Who Ignore You Because You Look A Certain Way? / Know This Any Time You See A Man Bragging That He Has Slept With A Certain Lady / Does Our Race Make Us Smell A Certain Way? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 2:06pm On Dec 06, 2019
Holding on to beliefs and traditions
Does life have to be a certain way for it to be good enough for you? Think about that question seriously for a moment.

When life has to be a certain way in order to be good enough for you, you instantly close yourself off from all the real and present opportunities available—you spend all your mental energy resisting life, rather than making the best of it. And sadly, this is how the vast majority of the human population lives—stuck in a perpetual cycle of resistance. We hold on tight to how everything should be with nonsense beliefs and traditions.

But YOU DON'T have to continue this cycle. You can change your mind!

When you consciously choose to let go of the way it should be, you free your mind to deal with life’s unexpected changes and challenges in the most effective way possible… You create space for acceptance, learning and growth. You learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.

And, gradually, you allow yourself to step forward with a clear and focused mind.

Thus, your ability to let go is not about having the courage to release the past—it’s about having the wisdom to embrace the present. It’s not about forgetting—it’s about remembering without fear. It’s stepping forward, untethered, with a present mind and a lesson learned... Closing the door, completing the chapter, turning the page, etc.—it doesn’t matter what you title it; what matters is that you find the strength to leave in the past those parts of your life that were not meant to be, so you can better attend to the life you are actually living.

What happened is uncontrollable; what you do now changes everything!

2 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by sweetonugbu: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2019
True, I stopped believing in anything except in love, I have been free an a fulfilled man since I made that decision

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 7:23am On Dec 07, 2019
sweetonugbu:
True, I stopped believing in anything except in love, I have been free an a fulfilled man since I made that decision
likewise me , Glad Nigeria is having more freethinkers in a daily

2 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2019
sweetonugbu:
I'm glad Nigerian freethinkers are increasing daily
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 11:59am On Dec 07, 2019
TheSourcerer:
I'm glad Nigerian freethinkers are increasing daily
Your name tho
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 12:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
IyaTola:
Your name tho
Yup
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 1:01pm On Dec 07, 2019
IyaTola:
Holding on to beliefs and traditions
Does life have to be a certain way for it to be good enough for you? Think about that question seriously for a moment.

When life has to be a certain way in order to be good enough for you, you instantly close yourself off from all the real and present opportunities available—you spend all your mental energy resisting life, rather than making the best of it. And sadly, this is how the vast majority of the human population lives—stuck in a perpetual cycle of resistance. We hold on tight to how everything should be with nonsense beliefs and traditions.

But YOU DON'T have to continue this cycle. You can change your mind!

When you consciously choose to let go of the way it should be, you free your mind to deal with life’s unexpected changes and challenges in the most effective way possible… You create space for acceptance, learning and growth. You learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others.

And, gradually, you allow yourself to step forward with a clear and focused mind.

Thus, your ability to let go is not about having the courage to release the past—it’s about having the wisdom to embrace the present. It’s not about forgetting—it’s about remembering without fear. It’s stepping forward, untethered, with a present mind and a lesson learned... Closing the door, completing the chapter, turning the page, etc.—it doesn’t matter what you title it; what matters is that you find the strength to leave in the past those parts of your life that were not meant to be, so you can better attend to the life you are actually living.

What happened is uncontrollable; what you do now changes everything!
What's your Star sign?
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Nigeria has always had freethinkers but these freethinkers do not express their opinions because of the close mindedness of the majority.

Dangote is actually a free thinker . Though he may deny this openly, I've picked clues in his interview, speeches , motive and behaviour that go to establish that fact.
Governor Makinde and El Rufai are free thinkers. You may think the latter is a religious or ethnic bigot but he is a free thinker.

Wizkid is actually a free thinker. Wole Soyinka , Chimamanda Adichie, Kunle Afolayan and 2baba are also freethinkers. I can explain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
Freehuman:
grin
love the personal text on your profile
666 rocks
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 07, 2019
TheSourcerer:
love the personal text on your profile
666 rocks

LOL. IF YOU DON'T REPENT YOU'LL BE THROWN INTO A FURNACE BY MICHAEL. grin
Check my modification above.

1 Like

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 1:31pm On Dec 07, 2019
Freehuman:
Nigeria has always had freethinkers but these freethinkers do not express their opinions because of the close mindedness of the majority.

Dangote is actually a free thinker . Though he may deny this openly, I've picked clues in his interview, speeches , motive and behaviour that go to establish that fact.
Governor Makinde and El Rufai are free thinkers. You may think the latter is a religious or ethnic bigot but he is a free thinker.

Wizkid is actually a free thinker. Wole Soyinka , Chimamanda Adichie, Kunle Afolayan and 2baba are also freethinkers. I can explain.

i'll love you to , Wizkid references God in his music which I find disgusting (I love his music though) but being a freethinker and referencing God is Pretty much Theist.
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 1:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
Freehuman:

LOL. IF YOU DON'T REPENT YOU'LL BE THROWN INTO A FURNACE BY MICHAEL. grin
Check my modification above.
im a very Blasphemous person

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Nobody: 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
Check below
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 07, 2019
TheSourcerer:
i'll love you to , Wizkid references God in his music which I find disgusting (I love his music though) but being a freethinker and referencing God is Pretty much Theist.
https://www.nairaland.com/5254475/wizkid-reveals-only-religion-music
CHECK OUT THAT LINK. IT'S JUST ONE OF THE MANY INSTANCES. LIKE I SAID EARLIER , THEY MAKE MONEY FROM RELIGIOUS PEOPLE AND THEY KNOW USING GOD WILL MAKE THEIR FANS MORE HAPPY. I DO THAT AS WELL.

From that link read the comments of his fans on the first page and tell me why he won't mention God in some of his songs.

1 Like

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2019
Freehuman:

CHECK OUT THAT LINK. IT'S JUST ONE OF THE MANY INSTANCES. LIKE I SAID EARLIER , THEY MAKE MONEY FROM RELIGIOUS PEOPLE AND THEY KNOW USING GOD WILL MAKE THEIR FANS MORE HAPPY. I DO THAT AS WELL.

From that link read the comments of his fans on the first page and tell me why he won't mention God in some of his songs.
very interesting , Free Human people like you are why I'm an open Atheist , how did I waste the first decade of my life worshipping Sky Daddy ,*hugs

2 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 8:02am On Dec 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 11:00am On Dec 08, 2019
TheSourcerer:
What's your Star sign?
Hmmmmmm are you really a sourcerer?
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by MeeLan: 12:15pm On Dec 08, 2019
Don't be deceived by the freethinker thing. Everyone has a belief pattern, yet they claim freethinker after success.
Belief and tradition is what makes the diversity of the world unique.
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by MeeLan: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
Freehuman:

Wizkid is actually a free thinker. Wole Soyinka , Chimamanda Adichie, Kunle Afolayan and 2baba are also freethinkers. I can explain. Don't be played bro. Those peeps you mentioned has a psychological edge over you and as such they tend to make you see what they want you to think. They all have a belief pattern.
Ask dangote why he prefers northern drivers to others? (Belief and trad)

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2019
MeeLan:
Don't be deceived by the freethinker thing. Everyone has a belief pattern, yet they claim freethinker after success.
hmmmmmm
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 2:08pm On Dec 09, 2019
IyaTola:
Hmmmmmm are you really a sourcerer?
oh Yes Ma'am
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by TheSourcerer: 2:10pm On Dec 09, 2019
MeeLan:
so you're happy in your ignorance,?
Well they do say ignorance is bliss
Enjoy Jesus or gay Mohammad buddy ,
Better still suck on their holy rods

1 Like

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
Scorpio
TheSourcerer:
oh Yes Ma'am
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Bhadgirl(f): 12:34pm On Dec 10, 2019
I've always had a problem not getting close to people who don't act or behave the way I want them to, the problem is my thoughts are large,I'm prone to getting more ideas and everyone I've come a crossed just thinks so backward being too ordinary doing everyday shit, I end up feeling frustrated becos I'm not sure if the person with the kind of character and personality I want exists. I cutoff my relationships cos everything just felt so ordinary and till date I've not seen anyone who ignites my interests not even my family

3 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 12:37pm On Dec 10, 2019
Bhadgirl:
I've always had a problem not getting close to people who don't act or behave the way I want them to, the problem is my thoughts are large,I'm prone to getting more ideas and everyone I've come a crossed just thinks so backward being too ordinary doing everyday shit, I end up feeling frustrated becos I'm not sure if the person with the kind of character and personality I want exists. I cutoff my relationships cos everything just felt so ordinary and till date I've not seen anyone who ignites my interests not even my family
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Bhadgirl(f): 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2019
IyaTola:
what??

1 Like

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 12:58pm On Dec 10, 2019
No one ignites your interest even in your family?
Bhadgirl:
what??
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Bhadgirl(f): 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
IyaTola:
No one ignites your interest even in your family?
I'm just saying apart from being my family all their thoughts and ideas are different from mine
I didn't say I dislike them ooo they'll always be a center in my life

2 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 2:38pm On Dec 10, 2019
ok
Bhadgirl:

I'm just saying apart from being my family all their thoughts and ideas are different from mine
I didn't say I dislike them ooo they'll always be a center in my life
Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
Seun, come and take your fellow freethinkers abi nah atheists away from here to religion section where y'all like to wail your heart out about Christianity, they always use memes to desecrate Jesus but scared to do same for Islam, confused entities, pls leave this place abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Holding On To Beliefs And Traditions Does Life Have To Be A Certain Way by IyaTola: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2019
Tolerance
Fountainofyouth:
Seun, come and take your fellow freethinkers abi nah atheists away from here to religion section where y'all like to wail your heart out about Christianity, they always use memes to desecrate Jesus but scared to do same for Islam, confused entities, pls leave this place abeg.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Are Too Obsessed With Love And Relationships. / Sexmate Needed Here In Lagos / If You Are Not A Virgin, You Don't Deserve A Bride Price.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.